It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian officer captured in Afghanistan: NATO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Iranian officer captured in Afghanistan: NATO

news.yahoo.com

KABUL (AFP) – A member of the elite al-Quds force of Iran's Revolutionary Guard has been captured in southern Afghanistan accused of cross-border weapons smuggling, international forces said Friday.

British newspaper The Times reported Friday that Iran has released a string of senior Al-Qaeda militants from custody so they can help the network rebuild in the Afghanistan-Pakistan border areas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
This story came out not too long ago, so Im not sure if all of the facts have been released yet.

Is this more anti-Iran propaganda? Or is the officer really guilty of smuggling weapons for the Taliban?

The article talks about how Iran may be running a covert war against the US by helping the Taliban. I dont know if that is true or not.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is exactly the same type of news that came out when they needed public support to go into Afghanistan and Iraq...

Plus weren't the al-quds Palestinian brigades? Now they are Iranians?

Looking back at the article as a word cloud, they are just mentioning al-quds, al-qaeda, iran, etc, etc
in hopes the most uneducated reader just get used to think of these separate concepts and things as one and the same.

Classical war drum beating propaganda.

!beware the hybrid palestinian iranian al qaeda jihadist, he hates our rapidily decreasing freedoms!
edit on 24/12/10 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Well hasn't the US always funded the Taliban..???
Even when they are killing US soldiers.?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
This is exactly the same type of news that came out when they needed public support to go into Afghanistan and Iraq...

Looking back at the article as a word cloud, they are just mentioning al-quds, al-qaeda, iran, etc, etc
in hopes the most uneducated reader just get used to think of these separate concepts and things as one and the same.

Classical war drum beating propaganda.

You are right..

The al-Quds Brigades (in Arabic, Saraya al-Quds) is the armed wing of the Palestinian Islamist organization Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ).[1] Especially active in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, the al-Quds Brigades are reportedly receiving orders from the PIJ leadership in Damascus, Syria.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's also the name for Jerusalem...

But what's in a name as long as the US public buy the story.??

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

It's also the name for Jerusalem...

But what's in a name as long as the US public buy the story.??

Meh, still nothing like them good ol' "Axis of Evil" days....

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Well well well.

They got caught with their hand in the cookie jar and many here just want to ignore "that fact" and just point out all the things the US has done. Spin Spin Spin.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

All is love & fair in this game! Send to an overseas prison where he can be interrogated properly & give this lowlife what he deserves! Long live the coalition!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
ATS 101:

How to summon SLAYER69?

Just mention Iran enough times, specially in any way that is not the same as the general western media portrays Iran.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

In reality it's all good. Iran plays their game and we play ours.

Goodnight.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I think this could be very serious and nothing short of an act of war. www.telegraph.co.uk...

Iranian soldier captured in Afghanistan
A member of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard has been captured supplying weapons to the Taliban in Afghanistan for attacks on British and American troops.
The capture of the officer confirms that Iran is directly supporting the Taliban in Afghanistan.

The officer, from the elite al-Quds force of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps, was captured by US special forces on December 18, a Nato spokesman said. Described as "a key Taliban weapons facilitator", he was arrested in Kandahar province.

"The joint security team specifically targeted the individual for facilitating the movement of weapons between Iran and Kandahar through Nimroz province," a Nato statement said.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I think this could be very serious and nothing short of an act of war.

Are you serious.?
The US has admitted to nothing less than funding the Taliban by paying for safe passage of their convoys..
Well that's their excuse anyways..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
No problem as now we have trading material for the Americans held in Iran.(Shane Bauer, Joshua Fattal)
freethehikers.org...

Now we will see how much Iran values there officer.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Don't you know Iran is a Tyrannical and Opressive Regime where everyone is expendable, if they sent him there he probably isn't of much value right? Plus they are terrorists running a country, i thought the US didn't negotiate with terrorists?

(just fund them
)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU

You're both right and wrong here!!

Al-Quds is quite a common term (meaning The Noble or Sacred Place??) which is the Arabic name for Jerusalem??

The Al-Quds brigade is indeed part of the PIJ however there is also the Al-Quds of Iran or Quds Force

Iranian forces

However as you say lump em all into one big news report and stir up some more support for the government while you're at it!!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
propaganda !

I believe this to be nothing more, now lets see how Obama takes this with his military advisors.
then lets see how the UK government decides to follow in tow into another illegal war!

I predict yes predict , that we will hear how iran has illegaly armed terrorist nations , then wikileaks will release cables with this information , then US will invade Iran with the help of nato and the UK
much to the dislike of russia and china !

Another illegal war to make money for a failing economy , shock doctrine style
US will go in and clean up , then give haliburton a fat contract , so that the money can be used to fund election campaigns for those who want to rule the world

Am I that for off on that one , or am I just saying aloud what we all know will happen

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

You're both right and wrong here!!
Al-Quds is quite a common term (meaning The Noble or Sacred Place??) which is the Arabic name for Jerusalem??
The Al-Quds brigade is indeed part of the PIJ however there is also the Al-Quds of Iran or Quds Force
Iranian forces
However as you say lump em all into one big news report and stir up some more support for the government while you're at it!!

Yeah, an excuse to attack Iran, Pakistan and let Israel keep Jerusalem all in one word..
Damn the US is clever..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Why would Iran need to smuggle weapons into Afghanistan?

U.S. funding the Taliban

abcnews.go.com...

The U.S. has its soldiers protecting opium fields. The Taliban wanted them gone b/c for obvious reasons but damn it if the C.I.A. can't use these resources for free!!!

All in all, I don't believe the story. I think it is possible but smuggling weapons isn't exactly a BIG news story, given weapon smugglers are everywhere. It's the fact that the supposed smuggler is Iranian. The bigger story is the CIA smuggling nuclear secrets to a rogue network in Pakistan.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course, Americans will never hear about how dirty the CIA is and how it is trying to destroy Pakistan.

A side note: what does Al-Quds means. I read that and thought Al-Qaeda misspelled or something.

Happy X-mas!!!
edit on 24-12-2010 by DevilJin because: no reason

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
This chap isn't the only Iranian Military Personell in the news at the moment for suspected arms smuggling.

Here is a report from the BBC on Azim Aghajani who is accused of attempting to smuggle arms into the west coast of Africa.

I love the fact he has been granted bail due to the fact that recent "gestures" from the Iranian embassy had "gone down well" with the Nigerian State.. corruption at it's finest!

BBC: Azim the arms smuggler?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
This has everything to do with the strike of the truckers.

When the truckers strike, there are no goods being delivered to the Bazar, when the Bazar gets ticked off a revolution is on the verge of happening.

This is a prime example of how the Iranian/Israeli regime work together to sway public opinion.

Why does A SINGLE arms smuggler get caught now? Yesterday it was the North Koreans giving nuclear weapon technology to the Iranian/Israeli regime, today it is an arm smuggler being caught. Two days ago was the day the truckers went on a strike.

Wake up, spread the information. Save your loved ones in the military from the will of megalomaniacs.

Read the patterns. Question the motives.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join