It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War 3 has already happened, and, is happening NOW - are people really this Blind?!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dissent

By that loose definition, humanity has been in a constant state of world war.

We're currently continuing world war infinity...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
just because it isn't a total shooting war
don't kid your self
currency wars
drug wars
the war on terror
food wars
the war for hearts and minds
the war on cancer
the war on poverty
the war on peace

add up the actual death toll of all the wars
and you will see its ASYMETRIC warfare
which isn't really a video game thing

but the death toll is what you might expect of the real thing

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

WWIII...

A "proposed economic war on the United States"??? A supposed war to implement a one world totalitarian government.

I guess it's all a matter of whether you believe things happen by accident, or for a predetermined agenda. I for one believe the latter. We are in WWIII, and have been for some time. War seems like a never ending cycle, and we the people are the ones who pay for the actions of those in power.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Your father needs to take you out to the woodshed and beat your dumb ass for comparing the last 10 years to a world war. In WW I there were 16 million troops killed, in WW II it was over 25 million. In both conflicts about the same number of civilians as soldiers were killed, so about 80 million combined deaths in the first two world wars.

Go back to your X-Box.

I apologize if you think I disregarded the massive loss of life, but unfortunately that is not the single best and, certainly not the only (hell, is it one, at all?!) indicator of being in a war (note that, at the time of this post, no one else agrees with you either (no stars)).

Way to make ridiculous and uncalled for generalization, dick.
(xbox comment)

edit on 12/14/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: spelling

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yes, I'm replying to and quoting myself...

(Hate to say it (but, am glad to be on the winning side, at least), but, we are Nazi-esque world-conquering figure in this one - for the last 9 years - only we are spreading our reach (forces) in the name of freedom, liberty, and 'anti-terrorism')

I only finished watching the first 30 minutes of the History Channel special I had DVR'd - "The Fall of the Third Reich" - and the similarities between 1940s Germany and 2000s America are eerie as hell!

To be clear: *strictly* in terms of economic prosperity pre/post war, and the manner in which we are (perceived, by some, to be) taking over the planet, militarily. What other Nation has multiple (let alone, one) military installations throughout another Nation's land? Answer, no one, but the good ol' US of A.

edit on 12/16/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: Grammar / spelling

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

why do you think i say ZIG BUSH!!!, one must read between the lines to see the light, part of the NWO don't you know, tip toe in throw the wool over the eyes and put the ear plugs in for what is not seen nor heard, does not exist. WW3 war of thoughts, money freedoms and control, name on country that does not have one of thees problems.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Seriously, have you seen this show?! I am floored!

I am watching this [first ever seen, smuggled out of Germany thru vacationers, lawful emmigrators, and lucky Jews] 65-75 year-old footage, and I feel as if they're describing America/Americans, [insert current puppet president as Fuhrer], and that we are the 4th Reich, or something. This is damn weird, man.

[Will post a youtube as soon as it comes available - only aired yesterday]

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
World War II = (Anti)Christians vs Jews ?
World War III = Christians vs Islam ?

Man, now more than ever, I am convinced of the title of my thread. So sad, this goes unnoticed by mainstream America.
edit on 12/16/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: realization

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I have to admit before I read your thread I was blind (not literally because I wouldn't have been able to read your thread), no I was blind to the fact that war is happening right now as you've proved by the very definition. I'm not really sure what life will hold for me now that I know this information but rest assured...I'm glad I can see now, thank you.
This smiley
says it better than I ever could, may you go in peace internet keyboard warrior of truth...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

sadly, no i have not seen it but knowing my history as well as my memory serves me, i pretty much know that we the USA is the new Reich, it i sad to say so, let alone know so, as far as our political power goes, with TPTB like the TSA NSA CIA Sec SERV= SS, DoJ DoD, NATO FEMA FDA USDA UN yes we formed the league of nations that became the UN, look were the HQ is NY NY,city, and we the USA fooled the world into a war to take out a leader, we even helped form the EU, scary stuff, and this is just the tip of an iceberg!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

just think no one is saying what it rely is, are we so afraid to admit it? Look at what is happening in the world courts, it is us, non Islam vs.Islam, for it is a war of beliefs, theirs and ours. If you look into all you will see we are being forced into letting them win. there is no battle line, line in the sand, if you will that we can say we will defend, rules and laws are there weapon, what do we have?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
World war 3 is completely different than the previous wars we’ve ever fought in global scales and it is with us for sometime.

It is war against freedom/humanity and liberty on global scale..!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

you seem to have utterly overlooked the cold war

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

you seem to have utterly overlooked the cold war

Not at all, the same. (nor was the Vietnam war, The Korean 'Conflict', etc)

And, the hits just keep on coming....

I doubt it will be anytime soon before the History Channel program I referenced above ["Third Reich: The Fall"] will be on YouTube, but while I was searching I found this - interesting...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Great thread so far, Squirrelnuts- it's attracted a good many opinions & provoked many thoughts. I don't think that we're in the middle of a third world war yet; this is only the beginning- it is being set up as we speak. I learned a great deal about the US & places else from a gentleman who wrote a great book about ATS; Mr. Jim Marrs.

According to him & his sources- he's a good investigative reporter & journalist- wars in general have been planned very far in advance. Read his excellent book "Rule By Secrecy" & see if this isn't true- he's a genius at connecting the dots.

Another good, definitive book on the Third Reich is "The Rise & Fall of the Third Reich" by William Shirer. There is a video based on this book that was made in the mid-sixties. Go, if you like, to the site Veoh.com, & download their free video player; there are all kinds of 3rd Reich videos that one can download available- all for free. Books can be expensive in times like these even if they are used. This site- Veoh- can help to answer a lot of questions for a great many people.

Back to Mr. Marrs- one of his latest books is "The Fourth Reich", which will tell any reader that what happened to Germany could very well be happening right now in the US. Anyone can read these three books I have mentioned & make up their own minds. For instance: it used to be in the US that only Congress can declare war. Mr. Bush jr. bamboozled a lot of people in order to sidestep that one. I don't even want to get started on how his two elections were rigged so that his family regime could continue.

Now, to what may be the heart of the matter for WWIII- China. The US is suspected of attacking this nation's military computers with a virus called STUXNET. China thoroughly examined gold bars that the US sent in payment for its outstanding debts & discovered that each of them had steel slugs in their centres. Naughty, naughty.

As if that weren't enough, there is a weird war "by proxy" shaping up in Asia right now that has the US & China about to violently oppose each other- over oil. It isn't really about the Mid-East or Islam- that's a cover.

The US is heavily invested in a 14 trillion dollar oil & gas field in Azerbaijan on the Caspian Sea. The only economically viable way to get it out of that country is through a Soviet built pipeline in Iran. To make matters worse, there is a lot of oil in Uzbekistan & Tadhzikistan, too. Once again- the best economically viable way to get it out- for the US- is through Afghanistan & Pakistan. Now do the math. The US is involved with all of the above nations directly (as well as involved in Iraq) except Iran. Iran is being sanctioned, yes- for the last 32 years. It isn't working. The US has them completely surrounded, & it's one of the things bankrupting that country. This world war in the making wouldn't be happening without all that Asian oil as a big payoff. The way the major corporations who rule the Earth (they think!) through the US see it as some sort of investment. The big fly in the ointment? CHINA.

China has built overland pipelines from Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan & Tadhzikistan so that those countries can honour the contracts that they have with China to sell the Chinese oil. The US isn't picking its battles very carefully. China has 2.5 million soldiers & a population of 1.5 billion- more than enough to keep a war machine going for a very long time. No one is truly sure what their capabilities are militarily; China has shrouded such things in secrecy always. China is rebuilding a military supply road through Myanmar that had been built by the US in WWII. With the help of its ally, India, China has 1500 troops in Tadhzikistan on the Kashmir border with more on the way- getting ready for something.

I hear trolls sharpening their knives- they need to get a grip. I haven't time to set up links for all of this info, so go here: www.rense.com. This site has all the news, as well as Google. Type in the right search words & research it, like I did.

I don't want WWIII to happen. There is still time for it to be stopped.

edit on 15-2-2011 by RomaMayLi because: spelling

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

I once heard that the term "world war" wasn't used until after it was over and being inked in the books. Perhaps the future generation will know, Sept 11th, 2001 as the beginning date of a world war that lasted over a decade. I have no clue.

I think this will be the case years from now.

The GWOT or Global War on Terror will probably be remembered as the Third World War or even Fourth World War, especially if it escalates. Many scholars already call the Cold War, the Third World War.

The GWOT features many of the components of a world war. Its a global war that involves a vast multitude of nations.
It has featured two major campaigns, the Afghan and Iraq campaigns. There are minor campaigns in the Philippines, the Horn of Africa, and the Trans Sahara.

To get a real idea of the war's scope just look at the list of nations where the GWOT expeditionary medal is awarded for operations.

(g) Approved operations. Initial award of the GWOTEM is limited to service members deployed abroad in Operations ENDURING FREEDOM and IRAQI FREEDOM in the following designated specific geographic areas of eligibility AOE: Algeria, Bahrain, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria (Bourgas), Chad, Colombia, Crete, Guantanamo Bay Cuba, Cyprus, Diego Garcia, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Hungary, Iran, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo (only specific GWOT operations not associated with operations qualifying for the Kosovo Campaign Medal), Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Romania (Constanta), Saudia Arabia, Somalia, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Yemen, that portion of the Arabian Sea north of 10 degrees north latitude and west of 68 degrees longitude, Bab El Mandeb, Gulf of Aden, Gulf of Aqaba, Gulf of Oman, Gulf of Suez, that portion of the Mediterranean Sea east of 28 degrees east longitude, Mediterranean Sea (“Boarding And Searching” Vessel Operations), Persian Gulf, Red Sea, Strait of Hormuz, and the Suez Canal.

law.justia.com...:3.1.1.6.27.0.15.31

The war is much bigger than what the media makes it out to be. We don't like to advertise covert and special operations though.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
War requires active combat.

We're just marching into places and bombing the hell out of weddings and such. Neither Afghanistan nor Iraq was much of a war in that regard; we punched them, the militaries folded like a lawn chair, and then popular insurgency started against our occupation.

Basically we're not so much engaged in an actual war, as we are simply conducting a neocolonial stomping of the natives for fun and profit.

The war comes when we bite a bigger piece than we can actually chew, like, say, Iran or possibly Pakistan.

Though actually if you do the math... We're still fighting World War 1; that's the one that set everything in motion for all the wars that followed. It created both Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany, it created the modern middle east and the origin of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, it left a weakened China that invited Japanese ambitions, and it left Indochina in French hands against native wishes. Everything in the 20th century can be traced back to the Treaty of Versailles.
edit on 16/2/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Most of that can be traced back to the Revolutions of 1848 and that back to the French Revolution and that back to the American Revolution and that to the Seven Years War and so on and so forth till we get to some guy clubbing another guy in the head outside a cave somewhere.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Personally the economic, militaristic and political landscapes mirror in a lot of ways the prelude to WW2.. I actually think of Obama as a new Chamberlain***.. and honestly felt he would utter the words "peace in our times" while he drives the "START" nuclear reduction deal.

(***my opinion of Chamberlain was that he was trying to follow the will of the people, which was like now, was equally messed up on how best to deal with internal and foreign policy)

I do however think we are in the midst of a 3 way economic war (US, EU and China).. the deciding factor whether it turns into another*** world wide conflict will be if 2 of those 3 gang up on the 3rd..

(***I personally think there have already been more the 3 world wide wars.. e.g the 7 years wars was fought over multiple continents, North America, Europe, Africa and Asia)

edit on 16/2/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
How does one define a World War? That's the question.

Some have argued that the first true World War happened in the middle of the 1700's - The Seven Year's War (the North American part of which is often called the French & Indian War), involved all Great Powers of the age and was fought in Europe, Africa, India, the Philippines and North America. Though all of the Great Powers of the age were European, the war encompassed much of the rest of the world via their colonial possessions.

The Cold War was another global conflict that at one time or another involved fighting between US and USSR proxies in pretty much every part of the world. Some have suggested it could be considered a World War, as well, but since it wasn't all out and it already had a name, it's likely future historians will stick to that name for it (besides, it's such a cool name..."The Cold War.")

I don't know what the current spate of wars will be called in 100 years. I doubt they'll still call it the War on Terror, because how do you declare war on an emotion? Future historians will laugh at us for actually calling it that, I think. It's quite likely they will call it the Oil Wars or the Islamist Wars, as those are really the two issues that seem to be driving all of it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join