It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I am here in search of answers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have been a spectator on ATS for about a month now. I have read about a various number of topics, but one finally caught my interest and kept it there. Let me tell you a little about the events that led up to me joining ATS.

Hat Man.

I was so taken aback by the vast amount of people who have witnessed this "thing" that I started searching for more answers. I wanted to see if I knew anyone personally that had witnessed this.

I contacted my Aunt on Facebook because she has had night terrors for a majority of her life, and I recalled her talking about seeing a man. I asked her about her experiences and told her the reason of my asking was because I was conducting an investigation and was searching for first hand experience. She explained to me that the men she had seen during her night terrors were:

1. A man with a shot gun
2. A man in a flannel shirt with a knife that always ended up killing her

I thanked her for the information then went on to tell her that was not the information I was looking for. She asked me what kind of man was I looking for and I told her that I had heard of a man in a hat that has been seen all over the world, and was commonly referred to as "Hat Man" or "Shadow Man".

That is when she told me that when she was a young girl, a man in a black hat and TRENCH COAT had WATCHED her when she was little. Now you must remember, I only spoke of the fact that this was a man in a hat. I said nothing of him being known for watching people or wearing a cape/coat. She added the details of him wearing a trench coat and him watching by her own account. I asked her if she ever felt fear of him, and she added that she had not.

This experience just happened, and it blew my mind. Now I have joined ATS in search of more information on Hat Man.

Thank you for reading my first post.
I believe a lot of people joined ATS for much of the same reason I did. At first, they read and learned, then something happened to them or someone close to them, and they joined to seek answers.

I am ready to accept the fact that we are not alone. I was raised a believer in God, and in my opinion, that entails believing in Demons and Angels. But now, I'm not so sure it stops there. I'm ready to learn more. I am positive that my now "fellow ATS'ers" will be of great help in my search for knowledge.

So, finally, nice to meet you. I am happy to finally be a part of your community, and I hope I will be welcomed here.

peace;love
xxshadowsecretxx

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I have read accounts of those sorts of dreams being recollections of the events of past lifetimes. In this case the assumption would be that in that other time the subject had been done in by stabbing. Not nice perhaps but it is a possible explanation. As for the "man watching". It, too, could be connected to the same alleged experience. Children have been known to "dream whilst awake".

This reply is not intended to be authoritative by any means. Be care of what you consider much less what you accept as being fact. What I have said, however, I believe has been the case in other instances. There are safeguards which normally prevent us remember past lives but they do not always work.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

I'm not so sure what I think about past lives, but I will take heed of your warning to be careful of what I believe. Thanks for your reply.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Here is your secret man....

The truth is found in paradox. The illusion, or lie is the truth. What you think is life, is actrually death, or hell. Apply everything accordingly.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I feel inclined to ask you, what your beliefs are based on. Do you have a reason for believing what you do?

Inquiring minds want to know

Thank you, as well, for your reply!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Are you sure you know the right questions?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Maybe I worded my thoughts incorrectly. I am not necessarily in search of concrete answers. I just want to learn and open my mind up to different possibilities, and I believe the people here on ATS can help me do that.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowsecretxx

If you ask me the right question i can answer it for you. It would takes me weeks to sit out and articulate how ive come to all of my conclusions.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Welcome!

Seems like an interesting story of yours. In fact, I also believe in demons and angels and sometimes I see them when I meditate. I also believe these are the end times and that good people will make it. Hence I try to become a better and better person and I searched for years to find the right way to improve myself.

Finally I found Falun Dafa self-cultivation and started reading the book Zhuan Falun about how to become a good person, what supernormal powers are all about, the third eye, demons, what heaven really means(it exists in a higher, more micro/macroscopic dimension) etc etc. This book explains all these phenomena with modern scientific terms.

Check it out here: www.falundafa.org...

/Zhen-Shan-Ren(Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance) is good.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Thank you for the welcome and the information! I will look that up and see what I think of it!

Yes, it was an interesting story. It was so interesting to me that I joined ATS finally, instead of just browsing. I decided it was time for me to start sharing my own experiences.

Thanks again!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Something about your user I.D. made me totally feel like opening this, and behold, questions about the hat man!

I've just been researching this myself recently, nice to meet you matey!

Maybe we're both s.s. nicknames or something is the reason

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowScholar

Nice to meet you too!

Yep, I recently got interested about him too! The whole thing really intrigues me! I'm glad that you commented!
Our screen names rock!

Thanks and I hope to see you around here!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I found this thread and think the phenomena might be similar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now we got the nicknames down all you gotta say is you're a big Social D fan and we'll get along just fine!

Feel free to U2U with any questions mate

edit on 12-11-2010 by ShadowScholar because: grammar nazi..

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowScholar

That is actually the thread that I read where I first learned about Hat Man and my interest grew from there! Thanks so much. I see we are on the same page with this.

Now, Social D? Is that like Sunny D? Ha ha. No no, I'm joking.
But seriously, what is it?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Yeah we're scarily on the same page kid!

Social Distortion is a band, they're great and i love 'em!

top topics

join