It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming is not only NOT a hoax, but it is about 10,000 times worst than your worst nightmare.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Who else was behind coming up with this scam on the public and how was it funded?? Oh yeah, it's the same guys like Ken Lay who destroyed our economy on purpose in order to force us into this carbon tax system when the US dollar has no place else to go.. Honestly you people(mostly liberals) spew such BS..

The debates over.. It's an ovbious hoax.. People have nothing to do with global warming as a cause.
edit on 2-11-2010 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
study a little about al gore and you will have to assume that global warming is a hoax, otherwise, there is something very wrong with that guy

Yeah because as we all know Al Gore invented global warming. He used his evil witchcraft powers to travel back in time 150 years ago and discover man made global warming - that devious bastard!

American Institute of Physics: The Discovery of Global Warming

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The scientific form of global warming is not a hoax, but is not 100% proven. Our existence on this planet is almost nonexistent compared to the age of the planet and other planets in this Universe. It's arrogant to make a conclusion right now.

The political form of global warming is. People are taking advantage of something that we should be worried about.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Liberator

I haven't really wasted any effort on people who think global warming is a hoax, because it seems they have their own version of what it is anyway.

From my understanding is that global warming is a slow, but steady increase in the global temperature, given only a few degrees higher over a period of time.

People who are brainwashed by the right-wing media will immmediatley think that we won't encounter any more 'cold days' due to global warming or that are trying to intermingle environmentalist agendas with the reality of global warming.

It is a cycle that has existed on earth for milleniums....ice ages come and go...and when they go, it would only be expected that the global temperature has increased, and that the global icecaps and glaciers have melted away (perhaps not entirely, but significantly), and also that sea levels rise in effect.

Like I said....I wouldn't waste time on these folks. They're no different than creationists.
edit on 2-11-2010 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
BRING ON MORE FORESTS!

You have replaced the CO2 Users with CO2 Producers..
I think its that simple.

Spewing smoke into the air/turning of the sun... Would only benefit Vampires.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I love these debates, it always both sides of the extremes!

I often find it amusing to hear that man influences the universe, I thought the belief that we are at the centre and everything revolves around us went out with the dark ages.

The way I see it is this, if we are contributing to global warming it is minimal, although we like to believe we are all powerful we are merely specs of dust to our planet and all its microsystems, our biggest failing is the rape and pillaging of natural resources, cutting down forrests and mass extinctiion of thousands of species that we probably dont even know about.

This planet naturally cycles through high oxygen and high Co2 atmospheres, its just the way of things and its proven through fossils and deep ice exploration, no matter what we do that cycle will never change! On the plus side the planet being the only real power in this equation will deal with it, it always has and always will, all we have to do is leave it the # alone for 5 minutes so it can balance itself out

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

MY biggest problem with the GW debate was the governments using it to further an agenda.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Liberator

Thanks for the reply, I guess. I did put some time into that post on Al Gore. Are you not getting the idea that almost everyone here believe that there are climate changes happening, but the difference is that many of us do not believe or are suspect of the data "proving" that the cause is solely man-made.

All you seem to do is bash and belittle anyone who disagrees with you. Maybe you need to reconsider your membership here at ATS, because the ideal here is to engage in lively intellectual debate, and if you aren't prepared to defend your position with more than a few well-used links, then maybe this class is a little too advanced for ya.

As for me being obviously wrong...All the info is out there, easily verified and cross referenced. I did it in 3-4 hours, and I was stupid-tired while doing so. The timeline of Al Gore's activities isn't something I made up, or cut and pasted off some right wing blog. I mined the basic data from Wikipedia, and then cross referenced it with company websites and neutral sites as well. Much of what I was mucking around in was investment sites and financial news.
So what he has been up to, when he did what, and the expressed missions of these entities is true. Period.

As far as his goals, yes I extrapolated that from the clear data I had found (and documented, tyvm). It isn't a leap whatsoever to see what I stated. The timing and goals of the different ventures all dovetail very well into a clear picture of manipulation.
Answer me this: Who else is out there, training professional speakers to carry the message first to the intellectuals and sympathizers, once that goal is complete, spending hundreds of millions of dollars to orchestrate a massive PR campaign for MMGW to convince the general population?
No one else is. The flag of MMGW was been picked up by Al Gore, propagated into our culture by him directly, and through his foundations and groups.

And before all of this passionate work to save the earth he positioned himself to become extremely wealthy from the fruits of all his labors. Wheter or not MMGW is true in it's entirety, or partially, or not at all, Al Gore has used this issue to run one of the biggest cons in history.

Another thing that has always bugged me. Have you ever heard MMGW advocates mention Coal Seam Fires? Kind of a dirty little secret the MSM doesn't report on, but if you live near one you're all too aware. Essentially a coal vein ignites through natural or manmade causes, and burns. For thousands of years in some cases. They are notoriously hard to put out...in some cases nearly impossible.
Right now, today, if you could come up with a way to extinguish coal seam fires, you could reduce total world carbon emissions by up to 3%. That number varies wildly depending on the calculations for the depth and extent of the burns...No one has gone down into one of these to investigate! And in my research of these fires I haven't found any hard science to back any of the claims(.1% up to 5+%) .

So your pal Al Gore could just have easily used the profits from his green investments to create an "X-Prize" fund to encourage research and ideas for extinguishing coal seam fires. I think it can be done, with enough minds and technology applied to the problem. When successful, Al could live happily knowing he helped to make a major dent in the carbon footprint of mankind...

But Al Gore didn't do that did he? Coal seam fires are a real, tangible problem we could fix...but investing into solutions like that won't make him any money. So he gives "every penny" to his propaganda machine!

But in all seriousness, as you are a UFO expert and a Global Warming expert, you OBVIOUSLY know that the aliens are terraforming the earth to fit their needs.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
To think that us humans could control nature, let alone the temperature of an entire planet is self-congratulatory back-slapping taken to unprecedented levels. The fact that so many people are so willing to believe these manufactured Chicken-Little doomsday-scenarios says a lot about the gullibility of the public in general. Have people forgotten Y2K? The government was telling us that planes might fall out of the sky, missiles would be inadvertently launched, and shelves in stores would be empty as computers simultaneously malfunctioned worldwide, causing untold economical devastation. What happened? Essentially nothing. Countries that spent nothing preparing for 2000 fared no worse than countries that splashed out billions. Certain people got very rich. And that's exactly where we find ourselves today. Bureaucrats are playing on people's fears and guilt of living in such a prosperous country and are offering them carbon credits to assuage their guilt so they can continue sinning by releasing the evil gas CO2 and banks are making big bucks from carbon trading. How many times will people fall for these end of the world apocalyptic fairytales until they learn it is only really about money and power? Y2K was purportedly backed by a scientific consensus. Look how that turned out. The fact that the OP has gotten so many stars is worrying, to say the least.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth

Thank you very much for that viedo ...It should be put into the op just to give a balance in understanding .A should watch for any one intrested in the subject of global warming or climate change ,which ever one wants to call it ....peace

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Global Warming isn't real, if it was, why is marketing it to our kids daily?
you know i at first thought Global Warming was real, but later on i went on a research to see what is truth and what is isn't.

I am surprised by people here giving the thread 13 stars and flags, yet all he said (I believe global warming is and you should to) well to tell you something thread OP everyone has a different subject matter opinion on this very issue of earth changes.

So to crush your little believes tell me this then.

If the Antarctic ice is melting or was melting why is it growing?
wattsupwiththat.com...

Results of ice-core drilling as well as sea ice monitoring show that there is no extensive melting of the ice in most of the Antarctic. Experts are, however, concerned about ice melting on the western coast of the continent. Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

www.iceagenow.com...

As for the Melting Himalayan glaciers there has been zero scientific evidence to support the claims of global warming.

Global warming in my view is a political agenda as you can see with those weird TV ads of Global Warming and political leaders creating nonsense bills such as a environment tax, the carbon tax.

edit on 2-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Very informal. Thanks for posting!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

False.

Medieval Warm period was local and average GLOBAL temperatures were COOLER than today.

en.wikipedia.org...

FALSE... Wikipedia is a KNOWN propagandist website which has changed history, and their articles to back the false claims from the AGW industry...

I have posted research FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD which states the Medieval Warm period occurred ALL OVER THE WORLD... It wasn't a "local event"... it was a GLOBAL event...

The Medieval Warm Period in China....

The ‘Mediaeval Warm Period’ drought recorded in Lake Huguangyan, tropical South China

Abstract: The geochemistry of dated sediment cores from Lake Huguangya n (21º9¢N, 110º17¢E), tropical South
China, reveals distinct stratigraphical patterns in total organic and inorganic carbon (TOC, TIC), biogenic silica
(BS) and total nitrogen (TN) over the past 1400 years. In this hydrologically closed lake, TIC variations may
re ect changes in the precipitation/evaporation ratio, which controls the evaporative enrichment of carbonate.
TOC, BS and TN in the sediment are proxy indicators of lake productivity and nutrient input, which we believe
are linked to local precipitation. High TIC content correlates with low concentrations of TOC, BS and TN,
and indicates two drought episodes dated to ad 670–760 and ad 880–1260 in the sediments of Lake Huguangyan.
Local historical chronicles support these data, suggesting that the climate of tropical South China was
dry during the Mediaeval Warm Period (MWP) and wet during the Little Ice Age (LIA)
. The detected
MWP drought is temporally correlated with evidence for lower precipitation on the Guliya (China) and
Quelccaya (Peru) ice caps, and with increased salinity in Moon Lake (US Great Plains).

ruby.fgcu.edu...

It WASN'T just local to one part of China...

The Medieval Warm Period in South America...

Putting the rise of the Inca Empire within
a climatic and land management context

The rapid expansion of the Inca from the Cuzco area of highland Peru produced the largest empire in the New World between ca. AD 1400–1532. Although this meteoric rise may in part be due to the adoption of innovative societal strategies, supported by a large labour force and standing army, we argue that this would not have been possible without increased crop productivity, which was linked to more favourable climatic conditions. A multi-proxy, high-resolution 1200-year lake sediment record was analysed at Marcacocha, 12 km north of Ollantaytambo, in the heartland of the Inca Empire. This record reveals a period of sustained aridity that began from AD 880, followed by increased warming from AD 1100 that lasted beyond the arrival of the Spanish in AD 1532. These increasingly warmer conditions allowed the Inca and their predecessors the opportunity to exploit higher altitudes from AD 1150, by constructing agricultural terraces that employed glacial-fed irrigation, in combination with deliberate agroforestry techniques. There may be some important lessons to be learnt today from these strategies for sustainable rural development in the Andes in the light of future climate uncertainty.

www.clim-past-discuss.net...

The Case for a Global Medieval Warm Period Grows Ever Stronger

Reference
Hong, B., Liu, C.-Q., Lin, Q.-H., Yasuyuki, S., Leng, X.-T., Wang, Y., Zhu, Y.-X. and Hong, Y.-T. 2009. Temperature evolution from the δ18O record of Hani peat, Northeast China, in the last 14000 years. Science in China Series D: Earth Sciences 52: 952-964. Of the Medieval Warm Period (MWP), Hong et al. (2009) write that "because it is a distinct warm period nearest to the modern warming period and happened before the Industrial Revolution, it naturally becomes a [source of] comparison with modern warming." And in this regard, they add that "a universal concern in academic circles is [1] whether it also existed outside the European region and [2] whether it is a common phenomenon."

In a study designed to broach both questions, the authors extracted cores of peat from a location close to Hani Village, Liuhe County, Jilin Province, China (42°13'N, 126°31'E); and they used them to develop, as they describe it, "a peat cellulose δ18O temperature proxy record proximately existing for 14,000 years."

Their efforts revealed, first of all, that the MWP had indeed held sway on the Chinese mainland over the period AD 700-1400, peaking at about AD 900. And the eight researchers report that phenological data from east China (Ge et al., 2006) and tree-ring records from west China (Yang et al., 2000) also indicate that "the temperature on the Chinese mainland was distinctly warmer during the MWP." In fact, they say MWP temperatures were as much as "0.9-1.0°C higher than modern temperatures (Zhang, 1994)."

www.nipccreport.org...

I have shown dozens upon dozens of peer-reviewed research that demonstrates the Medieval Warm Period, and Roma Warm Periods were global in nature despite the AGW religious fanatics trying to bury these periods of time that clearly refute the claims of the AGW mob.

Evidence of the Medieval Warming Period occurring in Egypt which caused famines, and economic disasters unmatched in over the last 2,000 years.

doi:10.1016/j.quaint.2007.06.001

Copyright © 2007 Elsevier Ltd and INQUA All rights reserved.
Extreme Nile floods and famines in Medieval Egypt (AD 930–1500) and their climatic implications

References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article.

Fekri A. Hassana,

aInstitute of Archaeology, University College London, 31-34 Gordon Square, WC1H 0PY, London, UK

Available online 7 June 2007.

Abstract
Nile gauge records of variations in Nile floods from the 9th century to the 15th century AD reveal pronounced episodes of low Nile and high Nile flood discharge. Historical data reveal that this period was also characterized by the worst known famines on record. Exploratory comparisons of variations in Nile flood discharge with high-resolution data on sea surface temperature of the North Atlantic climate from three case studies suggest that rainfall at the source of the Nile was influenced by the North Atlantic Oscillation. However, there are apparently flip-flop reversals from periods when variations in Nile flood discharge are positively related to North Atlantic warming to periods where the opposite takes place. The key transitions occur atAD 900, 1010, 1070, 1180, 1350 and 1400. The putative flip-flop junctures, which require further confirmation, appear to be quite rapid and some seem to have had dramatic effects on Nile flood discharge, especially if they recurred at short intervals, characteristic of the period from the 9th to the 14th century, coincident with the so-called Medieval Warm Period. The transition from one state to the other was characterized by incidents of low, high or a succession of both low and high extreme floods. The cluster of extreme floods was detrimental causing famines and economic disasters that are unmatched over the last 2000 years.

www.sciencedirect.com

P. D. Tyson, W. Karlén, K. Holmgren and G. A. Heiss (in press)

The Little Ice Age and Medieval Warming in South Africa. South African Journal of Science.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Little Ice Age and Medieval Warming in South Africa

P. D. Tyson1, W. Karlén2, K. Holmgren2 and G. A. Heiss3.

1Climatology Research Group, University of the Witwatersrand
2Department of Physical Geography, Stockholm University
3Geomar, Wischhofstr. 1-3, 24148 Kiel, Germany; present address: German Advisory Council on Global Change (WBGU), P.O. Box 120161, 27515 Bremerhaven, Germany, E-mail: [email protected]

Abstract

The Little Ice Age, from around 1300 to 1800, and medieval warming, from before 1000 to around 1300 in South Africa, are shown to be distinctive features of the regional climate of the last millennium. The proxy climate record has been constituted from oxygen and carbon isotope and colour density data obtained from a well-dated stalagmite derived from Cold Air Cave in the Makapansgat Valley.
The climate of the interior of South Africa was around 1oC cooler in the Little Ice Age and may have been over 3°C higher than at present during the extremes of the medieval warm period. It was variable throughout the millennium, but considerably more so during the warming of the eleventh to thirteenth centuries. Extreme events in the record show distinct teleconnections with similar events in other parts of the world, in both the northern and southern hemispheres. The lowest temperature events recorded during the Little Ice Age in South Africa are shown to be coeval with the Maunder and Sporer Minima in solar irradiance. The medieval warming is shown to have been coincided with the cosmogenic 10Be and 14C isotopic maxima recorded in tree rings elsewhere in the world during the Medieval Maximum in solar radiation.

www-user.uni-bremen.de...

On-line Publication Documentation System for Stockholm University
Full DescriptionUpdate record

Publication type: Article in journal (Reviewed scientific)
Author: Grudd, H (Department of Physical Geography and Quaternary Geology)
Title: Torneträsk tree-ring width and density ad 500–2004: a test of climatic sensitivity and a new 1500-year reconstruction of north Fennoscandian summers
In: Climate Dynamics
Publisher: Springer, Berlin / Heidelberg
Volume: 31
Pages: 843-857
Year: 2008
Available: 2009-01-30
ISSN: 1432-0894
Department: Department of Physical Geography and Quaternary Geology
Language: English [en]
Subject: Physical geography, Climatology
Abstract: This paper presents updated tree-ring width (TRW) and maximum density (MXD) from Torneträsk in northern Sweden, now covering the period ad 500–2004. By including data from relatively young trees for the most recent period, a previously noted decline in recent MXD is eliminated. Non-climatological growth trends in the data are removed using Regional Curve Standardization (RCS), thus producing TRW and MXD chronologies with preserved low-frequency variability. The chronologies are calibrated using local and regional instrumental climate records. A bootstrapped response function analysis using regional climate data shows that tree growth is forced by April–August temperatures and that the regression weights for MXD are much stronger than for TRW. The robustness of the reconstruction equation is verified by independent temperature data and shows that 63–64% of the instrumental inter-annual variation is captured by the tree-ring data. This is a significant improvement compared to previously published reconstructions based on tree-ring data from Torneträsk. A divergence phenomenon around ad 1800, expressed as an increase in TRW that is not paralleled by temperature and MXD, is most likely an effect of major changes in the density of the pine population at this northern tree-line site. The bias introduced by this TRW phenomenon is assessed by producing a summer temperature reconstruction based on MXD exclusively. The new data show generally higher temperature estimates than previous reconstructions based on Torneträsk tree-ring data. The late-twentieth century, however, is not exceptionally warm in the new record: On decadal-to-centennial timescales, periods around ad 750, 1000, 1400, and 1750 were equally warm, or warmer. The 200-year long warm period centered on ad 1000 was significantly warmer than the late-twentieth century (p < 0.05) and is supported by other local and regional paleoclimate data. The new tree-ring evidence from Torneträsk suggests that this “Medieval Warm Period” in northern Fennoscandia was much warmer than previously recognized.

www.diva-portal.org...

Medieval Warm Period thesis contradicts the unprecedented warming

However, one must mention that, already the first half of the statement, that about the unprecedented warming, elicits significant question marks in many climate scientists and even at many historians. Wasn’t there something like the medieval warm period? And in the opinion of many scientists, wasn’t it warmer during this period than today?

The idea of a medieval warm period was formulated for the first time in 1965 by the English climatologist Hubert H. Lamb [1]. Lamb, who founded the UK Climate Research Unit (CRU) in 1971, saw the peak of the warming period from 1000 to 1300, i.e. in the High Middle Ages. He estimated that temperatures then were 1-2 ° C above the normal period of 1931-1960. In the high North, it was even up to 4 degrees warmer. The regular voyages of the Vikings between Iceland and Greenland were rarely hindered by ice, and many burial places of the Vikings in Greenland still lie in the permafrost.

Glaciers were smaller than today

Also the global retreat of glaciers that occurred in the period between about 900 to 1300 [2] speaks for the existence of the Medieval Warm Period. An interesting detail is that many glaciers pulling back since 1850 reveal plant remnants from the Middle Ages, which is a clear proof that the extent of the glaciers at that time was lower than today [3].

wattsupwiththat.com...

The Medieval Warm Period (MWP) or Medieval Climate Optimum was a time of warm climate in the North Atlantic region, that may also have been related to other climate events around the world during that time, including in China,[1] New Zealand,[2] and other countries[3][4][5][6][7][8][9] lasting from about AD 950–1250.[10] It was followed by a cooler period in the North Atlantic termed the Little Ice Age. Some refer to the event as the Medieval Climatic Anomaly as this term emphasizes that effects other than temperature were important.[11][12]

Despite substantial uncertainties, especially for the period prior to 1600 when data are scarce, the warmest period prior to the 20th century very likely occurred between 950 and 1100, but temperatures were probably between 0.1°C and 0.2°C below the 1961 to 1990 mean and significantly below the level shown by instrumental data after 1980. The heterogeneous nature of climate during the ‘Medieval Warm Period’ is illustrated by the wide spread of values exhibited by the individual records.[13]

www.skepticalscience.com...

Despite the fact that we have evidence from ALL OVER THE GLOBE that the MEdieval Warm Period, as well as the Roman Warm Periods were global the AGW mob keep wanting to claim the contrary?....

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Perhaps the claims from the AGW mob have something to do with the first graph in the following photo...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b415b99d5396.gif[/atsimg]

That first graph was the attempt by Michael Mann, and a few others which includes Jones, the same scientist who thought about suicide when he was caught red handed, to try to hide the Medieval Warm Period so the ignorant masses could believe their claims about AGW...

The second graph is what actually happened and what evidence from all over the globe shows that really happened...
edit on 2-11-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I second electricuniverse

The medievel warm period happened as well as a cool period.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Sorry to buff your claims of a the Medieval Warming Period which i find it laughably but dont or did you noticed that during the the Medieval ages there were wars? oh and how do expect those knights and pawns in there armors had water during there combat?

Remember ATS we about 3 years ago had the coolest winter in eupore and even snow in south america so again how is this global warming?

Not even the weather experts predicted it.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Sorry to buff your claims of a the Medieval Warming Period which i find it laughably but dont or did you noticed that during the the Medieval ages there were wars? oh and how do expect those knights and pawns in there armors had water during there combat?

WOW...so your evidence to claim there was no Medieval Warm Period is because knights used armor?...

This MUST be a joke....right?... Or are the AGW mob really that...humm, how should I put it?....

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Is it possible that the Illuminati are directly creating a global catastrophe scenario?

Could the wild fires be a product of agents setting them on fire?
Could the floods be a result of agents redirecting water systems?
Could the ice caps melting be a conspiracy (fake footage and pictures)?
Could deforestation be a false exaggeration?
Could Co2 levels rising be missinformation?

The end justifying the means... Totalitarianism (A one world system of control created by the acceptence of people through fear) ?

Just putting this out there for consideration.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I've posted a thread on the release of methane from permafrost melting at the time.

Breaking news forum even... 1 flag, zero replies.
That's what people think about the climate these days. They either don't care or don't know what to belief anymore and simply ignore the topic.

@ OP I don't think the methane release would cause our extinction within the next decade. You even forgot to mention the widely and abundant spread of massive methane deposits that gets released from the oceans if they get onle a single degree warmer.

Sea ice or Methane hydrates can be even more deadly. Fortunately methane isn't toxic.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join