It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming is not only NOT a hoax, but it is about 10,000 times worst than your worst nightmare.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
A lot of time and thought went into this post. This is my first ever post on ATS, so I really wanted it to be meaningful. (I have been following the threads on ATS for several months now).

There are 2 subjects on which I consider myself a bona fide expert: UFO’s and global warming.

For the past 2 years, I have studied the topic of global warming almost obsessively. The more I learned, the more questions I had, so I studied more, and more questions arose.

Finally, after 2 years of exhaustive study, I am satisfied that I have a complete picture of exactly what is going on….and my conclusions are disturbing.

I have noticed that many on this site claim global warming to be a “hoax”, and I realize that many of those people are quite literally inconvincible (try convincing a creationist that the earth is more than 6000 years old and you‘ll understand what I‘m saying). However, there is a large number of you who are simply uneducated on the topic, and you are the people that I am speaking to in this thread.

Originally I had written a long post with a bunch of links, but I came across a video that sums up our situation much better than I can.

It is somewhat long, but the presenter is incredibly engaging and truly a brilliant speaker. I can assure you that you will not be bored for a second during his presentation (and if you are, you can simply turn it off and move on…)

I realize that asking you to spend an hour of your life watching a video is probably more than 99.9 percent of you are willing to do. However, I ask that you consider the magnitude of what we are talking about before making that decision. We are quite literally talking about the greatest threat that has EVER faced the human race and the planet. Furthermore, we are talking about a threat that is on the verge of making the human race extinct…as in WITHIN the NEXT DECADE. LITERALLY.

Sounds crazy I know, but reality is reality.

After you watch the video, please read what I wrote below the link (because the news only gets worst).

Warning, you might want to put a diaper on before you watch the video (yes it is that scary). But it is only terrifying because every word he says is true and verifiable (feel free to Google anything he says to check for yourself).

Ok, here goes…..get the popcorn and then click the following:

fora.tv...

Ok, now that you have watched the video, please read the following...

Remember in the video when he says if there is one thing that scares him the most, it’s the melting permafrost? Well a few months AFTER that video was made, a study came out (this year!) saying that last summer (2009), researchers discovered that VAST methane stores are venting from the East Siberian Arctic Shelf.

Methane is 20-70 percent more potent as a greenhouse gas than CO2, depending on the time frame (because it degrades to become CO2 after a few years, depending on its concentration). According to the researchers, so much methane is stored in the East Siberian Arctic shelf, that if only 1% were to be released, it would cause CATASTROPHIC climate change practically overnight….ONE PERCENT PEOPLE….and it is melting NOW.

climateprogress.org...

Still think global warming is a hoax?

If you need more convincing, click some of the links on this page:

climateprogress.org...

Oh, by the way, did I mention that NINETY SEVEN percent of climate scientists agree that global warming is real and caused by human emissions? You will notice as well that the 3% that don’t agree are also the least qualified:

content.usatoday.com...

Also, 2010 is the hottest year on record so far, and remember the historic floods of Pakistan or the fires and record heat in Russia last summer?

So what is the bottom line?

Global warming is about to make us extinct and there isn’t a damn thing we can do about it. So enjoy life and live for today.

+35 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
dont waste your time trying to convince the masses they are too stupid to understand , they all think its all a scam. Anyway it dosent matter its too late to do anything about it we have gone past the tipping point. Humankind has developed a government system where intelligent people are minorited in favour of wealthy stupid people who only wants to make money at other peoples expense and dont see long term.

So just sit back and enjoy the end show especially the part when people start asking how did this happen......

+56 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Co2 - natural occurance
Trees produce Oxygen from Co2
Humans need Oxygen to survive
--
Less trees in world + greater population = greater increase in Co2
EASY ! Plant a tree

Why was Co2 emissions at its lowest in the 1940's in the industrial age ?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lavenlaar
Co2 - natural occurance
Trees produce Oxygen from Co2
Humans need Oxygen to survive
--
Less trees in world + greater population = greater increase in Co2
EASY ! Plant a tree

Why was Co2 emissions at its lowest in the 1940's in the industrial age ?

R u trolling? I hope so otherwise you didn't even bother to read the post or watch the vid. I'll be back with more after I check out the video.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

Agreed. Don't waste your time at all..

It's been a source of frustration listening to the people that haven't the intellectual grasp to see what is painstakingly clear to nearly everyone within the scientific community.

Ya, just enjoy the ride. Besides, I'm nearly certain that some of us will make it through, whether it be an evolutionary leap of some sort, else colonizing somewhere in the solar system. Life finds a way, and if not by our species .. well it will go on anyways.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yeah it's too late. Theres nothing that can be done. By the way global warming is not our fault. Im sure we didnt help it in any way but its a natural process. It happens on almost all the planets. Maybe it has to do with age? I dont know, im not a scientist. It will be a long time before this comes into effect...hopefully..

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
not only is it bad for the environment
its also the cause for the man-made cancer.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I think the biggest problem with the whole "global warming" debate is that it was simply the wrong thing to call it. Whoever labeled it that should be shot. It's "global violent weather pattern changes." Every time we get a really good cold snap I get to hear about it. "Oh! It must be the global warming *snicker*." It's a culmination of everything. Most of which was inevitable and given the current state of things, I welcome it. I just hope those who have enough money to think they can escape the consequences get * just as hard as the common man.

+44 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Global Warming is indeed the wrong term to use. Global Climate Change is the more correct term. And as I have said before on threads and on ATS Live, I don't think humans have the industrial capacity yet to have a significant impact on the process.

It has long been known that these things are cyclical and that the earth has gone through warm and cold periods. This is just another on the line. Yes, the melting permafrost is bothersome and yes we would be devistated as a species if a dramatic change happened in a short period of time. However, we are a fairly adaptable species as are most on this planet. We will survive in some form. We cannot, however, do anything to stop it.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
so now you know why they are spraying chemtrails.
They are trying to postpone the inevitable as long as
possible. Good thread, S&F

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I am smart, but I would say I really did not waste my time studying it ... do you know why? Because to this day, nobody was able to present enough evidences to prove either side, and since I am smart, thats enough for me to understand that nobody really knows exactly whats happening

but I agree that we need to try to do something, not just because of global warming, but really, we are poising not only nature but ourselves

BUT, if you stop to think that the "elite" (al gore and his friends) want to implement a flawed politic to save the planet, in a way that he and his friends can become a little more billionaire (?? why would he want more money??) - you will realize that nothing makes sense! why would someone implement a politic that would KILL the planet if his statements about global warming are true

so, thought logic, I did reach to this sentence = (al gore is stupid or global warming is a hoax or global warming cant be stopped and we are all domed)

+77 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
of course the sun and cycles of ice ages have nothing to do with this..... Yes lets stop the cycles of the sun... or prevent volcanic cycles.... such idiots.

What really pitifull is seeing how ignorant these global warming lemmings are.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Liberator
content.usatoday.com...

Ok, so follow my logic

"If you are a scientist and thinks global warming is a hoax, you lose your job".

Thats the real issue here, I dont care about their opinions, we all want to see proof

The reality is that they cant prove that global warming is happening and that global warming is caused by men ...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
And you wonder why America has changed it's course for NASA from creating and maintaining manned space flight, to R&D living components for the Moon, Space, and Mars. We may need the tech for living on our own planet soon.

+83 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
97% of climatologists agree that global warming is real?

Many so called "global warming deniers" also agree that global warming (or at least, climate change, which is what it should really be called) is real (myself included).

However, our biggest question is whether MAN MADE global warming is real. Especially since the global temperatures of every planet and moon in the solar system has increased at the same time as Earth's.

You can't look solely at global warming on Earth, while ignoring simultaneous global warming on other planets, and tell me that this is man made. While man has had an impact on Earth's environment to be sure, mankind has NEVER been able to influence the weather on a planetary scale. I remember when enviornmentalists used to be all about pollution and environment, not solely on global warming.

It wasn't that long ago (1970's) that every single climatologist in the world thought the next ice age would be upon us "in the next decade", due to extreme global cooling. At that time, all the data collected from the 1950's and 1960's supported their "global cooling" claims. Now that data has been mysteriously skewed by the spin doctors like Al Gore and that same data now shows "global warming" over exactly the same time period. I remember some of those Panorama BBC specials from the 1970's - they've been removed from existence now by TPTB and are extremely hard to find online.

Global Warming Climatologists also only look at the last 150 years of "recorded history" while ignoring the last 4.5 BILLION YEARS of history in ice core samples, which show this is a natural process that happens every 12,000 - 15,000 years or so, and that we're overdue for another global warming spell (last one was at the end of the last ice age), and that it's now coming due. At the end of the last ice age, TWO MILE THICK ice that covered North America melted in a few short years (they think less than 20) and sea levels rose 400 FEET in a matter of 10-20 years. It's a natural cycle, folks.

In the mid 1500's, 97% of the world's geographers and map makers also said that the world was FLAT, and the one guy who stood up and said "oh, hang on, all the data you're looking at is idiocy" was publicly ridiculed, tried by The Inquisition, found guilty of Heresy, and spent the rest of his life under house arrest for even suggesting such a thing.

Scientists today who dare to come forward and even hint at the possibility that global warming is a hoax face the same sort of public ridicule, loss of job and funding, and banishment to obscurity.

While we don't deny that the world is warming up, us global warming "deniers" tend to think that there might be a big mysterious ball of fire at the center of the solar system that every so called climatologist out there seems to be ignoring that is causing all this heating up
edit on 2-11-2010 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I don't really actuall honestly know if global warming is actually occurring.

I do know that those who sell us all of the things that may be causing it,would have no problem convincing us it was a hoax.....

....So they could keep selling it to us....

In the end,global warming causes global cooling,I believe it's a natural balancing cycle.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Sure, they may postpone it for a bit, but they are also seriously screwing up the ecosystem in the process....
edit on Tue, 02 Nov 2010 00:54:56 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I think the one aspect of the " Global Climate Change " Debate missing here on this Thread is the Proposed World " Carbon Tax " . This Ponzi Scheme is the Main Reason most People are in Denial about the Reality of Global Climate Change to begin with , and see it being used as a Political Issue to Impose Restrictions on their Present way of Life . Can you Blame them for that ? No , it's just a question of being misinformed due to the Scientific Communities inability to present the Facts in a Unanimous Coherent Manner .

And having this Man as their " Poster Boy " doesn't Help either............

i297.photobucket.com...

edit on 2-11-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
i agree with global climate change but i don't agree its man made.
why are the other planets warming explan that away as man made.

If you study paleoclimatology you will see that the climate has never been stable. Yet the global climate change/global warming people try to claim it was.
www.globalwarmingart.com...:65_Myr_Climate_Change_Rev_png
and we are in a interglacial period of a ice age.
These ice ages end and this one will end.
www.lakepowell.net...

For much of the history of the earth the temperatures have been higher them they are now.

From 9000 years ago to 5000 years ago during the Holocene Maximum, the temperatures were warmer then now.
en.wikipedia.org...
During this period, the "Green Sahara" was dotted with numerous lakes containing typical African lake crocodile and hippopotamus fauna. A curious discovery from the marine sediments is that the transitions into and out of this wet period occurred within decades, not millennia as previously thought.

During this time period the Mojave desert where i live was a grass lands with large lakes.
The lakes are gone and its no longer a grassland environment.
www.geocraft.com...

volcanos have been part of global warming but not in the way you would think.
In the last 100 years there have been fewer major long term volcanic eruption then the 50 years before that.
www.pages.unibe.ch...

between 1883 and 1912 there were 3 volcanoes VEI 6
# Novarupta, Alaska Peninsula; 1912, Jun 6; VEI 6; 13 to 15 cubic kilometers (3.1 to 3.6 cu mi) of lava
# Santa Maria, Guatemala; 1902, Oct 24; VEI 6; 20 cubic kilometres (4.8 cu mi) of tephra
# Krakatoa, Indonesia; 1883, August 26–27; VEI 6; 21 cubic kilometres (5.0 cu mi) of tephra
these cooled the planet for years.
since 1921 there has been only one volcanic eruption of VEI6 or above that was Pinatubo. and it cooled the earth.
# Pinatubo, island of Luzon, Philippines; 1991, Jun 15; VEI 6; 6 to 16 cubic kilometers (1.4 to 3.8 cu mi) of tephra; an estimated 20 million tons of sulfur dioxide were emitted.

Add to the lack of volcanoes the increased solar output that can be seen by the warming on the other planets
www.dakotavoice.com...
www.socon.ca...
motls.blogspot.com...
www.iceagenow.com...

By the way where i live in the calif desert its been 3 to 5 degrees cooler this summer then it was 5 years ago and the cooling in the summer has been getting worse every years for the last 15 years.
15 years ago we had about 15 to 20 days with 115º+ temps.
Each year since the number has gone down.
This summer the hottest it got was 113º for one day.
Not that i am complaining 113º is hot enough.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join