It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming is not only NOT a hoax, but it is about 10,000 times worst than your worst nightmare.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

No it did'nt seem to be a big problem for Obama all this global warming

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Man made the pyramids, Earth made the Himalayas.

Man made the "Big Hole" in Kimberley, South Africa, Earth made the Grand Canyon.

Nature>Humans

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Watching that REALLy Inconvenient truth video is pretty depressing. Might as well give up all hope and prepare for a mad max future. Not sure I could handle such a future.

This is our decision to live fast and die young. We've got the vision, now let's have some fun!

I might start following this advice.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Stupid thread with a stupid title.Nobody thinks climate change is a hoax, they believe man made global warming is a hoax and ploy to place ridiculous taxes on living.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
These threads seem to start off in a structured manner, then turn into a battle of opinions, when fundamentally we are pretty much all in agreement with the fact that climate change occurs.....

So, if climate change is a natural event, which it is, then it must be common sense, to know that 100 years of pollution, over population, and rainforest destruction, MUST add to the speeding up and degree of climate change that is occurring.

We'll never know what the Illuminati have up their sleeves, but wealth generation by taxes, buying in gold hand over fist, or corporate manipulation, will certainly help them secure their future, not ours!

Haarp seems to be one of two things.. to speed up the process to help reduce population, or to protect the earth for as long as possible from natural climate change, until they get a way out of it.

I believe climate change, whilst a slow and naturally occurring event, repeated over millions of years, must definately be effected by our abuse of the planet. Rapid climate change, as we will experience in the coming years, is down to humans... You cannot destroy the forests of the earth, rape it's resources above and below land, pump millions of tonnes of pollutants into the atmosphere and NOT have an effect. To deny that is to simply confirm our inherent arrogance and ignorance that seems to make us believe we've done nothing wrong in the last 100 years!

Just take a look at the depletion of everything in the world, in that same period, compared to times before, whether forests, wildlife, or ocean purity.... We've damaged this beautiful planet beyond repair and the balance of 'nature' or 'universal energy' we have upset, is going to become very apparent, irrespective of whether we debate our innocence in all of this, all the way to extinction!

Guilty as charged I say - Aiding and abetting climate change, together with ABH and GBH!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
People still dont get it ...

climate.nasa.gov...

science.nasa.gov...

anyway as i said things are already set in motion that it cant be undone 14 yrs and counting.....

Instead of giving us links to push your arguement, how about you explain your stance a bit, then put your fact finding instruments to use? What exactly happened 14 years ago that has you standing so firm on the subject? I agree it is too late to turn back the clock, and the first thing that will occur is starvation to weather / climate change, but as to the cause I am still on the fence.

It is much easier to explain yourself than poke other peoples eye and toss links at them.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
So let's so Global Warming or whatever new term you want to call it is real and man made. Explain to me how charging me extra carbon offset tax dollars is going to stop global warming? Oh that's right, it doesn't. The govt is a black hole for money, it goes in and no results come out.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Do I believe in 'Global Warming'?

No, but I do believe in climate change and that those changes are from a collection of reasons. We've had some pretty funky weather around here over the past few years. Over this past summer, our neck of the woods experienced three tornados. I my previous 47 years of existence, we experienced none. Was hotter than usual here, too and a bit wetter.

Is there evidence out there that it is part of a cyclic pattern . . . from what I read on these pages, there is evidence to support that train of thought.

Is there evidence that some of it is generated by our complete disregard for the ecosystem?

Yup.

Funny thing on these pages in that there are usually two absolutely polarized factions when it comes to discussions of this nature and it either has to be a natural phenomenon or a completely man-made problem exacerbated by the occasional donkey fart.

Kinda sad, this either/or thing because it completely blows off the notion that we can learn from eachother and accept that maybe despite our convictions on being correct, the person sitting on the other side of the fence might just have a point and be equally as right.

In either case, the saddest thing about this whole Global Warming/Climate Change thing is that there are a whole lot of people inhabiting seats among TPTB who seem more interested in lining their pockets talking about this issue as opposed to actually doing something about it. And in the absence of action, will it get worse?

Probably.

Will it be 10,000 times worse than my worst nightmare?

Probably not because that little foray into dreamland involves two donkey's, my ex mother-in-law, a swimming pool full of jello and me trying to carve my eyes out with a fork.

Now you tell me . . . what can actually be 10,000 times worse than that????????

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Eavel

actually its 14 yrs countdown as in 14 more years left. Within those 14 years the planet will have extreme weather patterns some places will get hot when it should be cold and other places will get cold when it should be hot. More rainfall means more landslides and a lot of infrastructure tolerances will be breached. Crops will be devasted and food prices will start going up. Increase in sea levels due to melting of land glaciers puts more pressure on weak faults generating more earthquakes and volcanic activity. Thats just to name a few most of which has already happened..... Then theres the daddy of them all Greenland icesheets already moving towards the sea and that much fresh water will stop the conveyor belt bringing warm water to the northern hemisphere and without the Gulf stream winters will be extreme and theres a very good chance it will bring on the next ice age.

NOw obviously you cant obviously use the links i provided you must have a problem with your finger, but one of them shows the carbon emissions for the last several thousand years. If you still need convincing then how about using your damn eyes and look at the activities man has been doing. Deforestation slaughter of animals pollution...why am I telling you this other people have said the same thing and you still cant get it into your head that if man wasnt around the warming would have been gradual. The planet has a dynamic system to stop runaway warming if left alone.....

Now if you dont believe that then why dont you check the temperature chart of the last 100,000 years or so and look at what happens EVERY TIME theres a rapid rise in warming?

and thank you for reaffirming my belief in humanity as I mentioned it in my 1st post on this thread....

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

It's good to see there are some tuned in people on here, who use their logic... I obviously agree with your comments, as per my earlier post.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Liberator

Very interesting information. Can you elaborate on a few things? What makes you a UFO expert? What were you studying the last few years to make you a global warming expert? I see your attached videos, just wondering what else did you study or read to become a global warming expert?

Thanks,

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Lol still can't believe people would think it's a hoax

People are f.... silly if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Global Warming Climatologists also only look at the last 150 years of "recorded history" while ignoring the last 4.5 BILLION YEARS of history in ice core samples, which show this is a natural process that happens every 12,000 - 15,000 years or so, and that we're overdue for another global warming spell (last one was at the end of the last ice age), and that it's now coming due. At the end of the last ice age, TWO MILE THICK ice that covered North America melted in a few short years (they think less than 20) and sea levels rose 400 FEET in a matter of 10-20 years. It's a natural cycle, folks.

Scientists today who dare to come forward and even hint at the possibility that global warming is a hoax face the same sort of public ridicule, loss of job and funding, and banishment to obscurity.

I agree 100% we are still coming to the end of an Ice age hence why the polar caps are melting and the earth is warming, 2011 will be warmer and so will 2012, 2013 etc

Also keep in mind they have been studying "man made climate change" for decades and have spent billions of OUR dollars on research, what what is the their answer to the problem... CARBON TAX!

Gimme a break!

Could you imagine if all that time and money was put towards alternative energies... but there is no money in that so lets instead lets keep fearing people into man made climate change

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
reply to post by Eavel

actually its 14 yrs countdown as in 14 more years left. Within those 14 years the planet will have extreme weather patterns some places will get hot when it should be cold and other places will get cold when it should be hot. More rainfall means more landslides and a lot of infrastructure tolerances will be breached. Crops will be devasted and food prices will start going up. Increase in sea levels due to melting of land glaciers puts more pressure on weak faults generating more earthquakes and volcanic activity. Thats just to name a few most of which has already happened..... Then theres the daddy of them all Greenland icesheets already moving towards the sea and that much fresh water will stop the conveyor belt bringing warm water to the northern hemisphere and without the Gulf stream winters will be extreme and theres a very good chance it will bring on the next ice age.

NOw obviously you cant obviously use the links i provided you must have a problem with your finger, but one of them shows the carbon emissions for the last several thousand years. If you still need convincing then how about using your damn eyes and look at the activities man has been doing. Deforestation slaughter of animals pollution...why am I telling you this other people have said the same thing and you still cant get it into your head that if man wasnt around the warming would have been gradual. The planet has a dynamic system to stop runaway warming if left alone.....

Now if you dont believe that then why dont you check the temperature chart of the last 100,000 years or so and look at what happens EVERY TIME theres a rapid rise in warming?

and thank you for reaffirming my belief in humanity as I mentioned it in my 1st post on this thread....

Actually not everybody has the ability to use your links, as I tried and am filtered through my service, so no, they are not weak. but thank you for explaining yourself more instead of allowing links to talk for you. Anybody can post links, this is a forum though and opinion expression is valuable to understanding your stance.

I do use my damn eyes, better yet I use my damn senses and I buy land (with timber) guns, gold, ability to store/preserve food. If that cant get you by then nothing will, welcome peaceful death and submit to eternity.

I dont have to believe you.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The best way to tackle man made global warming is:

1) Tax me, tax my oil, tax my emissions, tax my descendants for the next 20 generations, don't use the taxes to save the planet but put in the back pockets of the elite.

2) Don't deal with the real problems, it's the guy driving his car and buying his groceries that is the real problem, at all costs Big Oil, India, China and the US must be allowed to continue polluting without any initiatives that effect them.

3) The best way to tackle climate change is to make a new industry making billions from climate change, trading financial instruments based on emissions is the easiest way to do this.

4) Don't EVEN CONSIDER dissenting voices in the scientific community, how can the planet ever be saved if there is thorough scientific research conducted by academics who aren't scared of losing their livelihood if they don't toe the line.

5) We must discourage at all costs attempts to move away from oil (like cars run on water and practical alternative fuels and nuclear energy) while at the same time banging the drum for a reduction of CO2, it's at this stage we have a full court media blitz (see 6).

6) Blame everything on climate change, Osama Bin Laden, dinosaurs, slow internet connection, late trains and male penile dysfunction should all be laid at the foot of climate change, this way we can tackle it efficiently.

There are more, but you get the point. MMCC is the latest in a long line of attempts to control the masses. If you can't see that then good luck to you.

I love my planet, I love nature, I regret the death of any living thing, if you think that these are the motives of the politicians and elites pushing the CC agenda, well then, you need help!!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Liberator
Still think global warming is a hoax?

The notion of man-made global warming? Definately.
Hide the decline.
Al Gores' inconvenient lies.
The big $$ behind the green movement goods and laws that are passed.
Cap and Trade has nothing to do with global warming and everything to do with poltiics and $$$.
The FACT that the entire solar system is warming.
The FACT that this is cyclical.

Definately. Anyone who proclaims about man-made global warming is pushing a hoax.
They may mean well, or they may be part of the money making process.
But it's still a hoax.

edit on 11/2/2010 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
To be very honest, I do not think all of it is a hoax. The effects of hazardous gases and other human activities on the environment is quite noticeable, but what are we doing just discussing about it, there should be an outcome too?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Liberator

Global warming is just the stage on the earth cooling cycle, in other words we are heading to a climate change in which the earth will have another ice era.

This no new is just that money making this days is top priority.

The last ice age era was in the beginning of human expansion now we will have another perhaps in our lifetime, is nothing we can do, this earth way of doing its thing.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Dude, don't worry about trying to convince ATS. You've obviously got the intellectual prowess to see what's coming down the line.. now do something about it. Civilization will collapse, no doubt, so find your out. Take whatever equity you have, do some research, and invest wisely. Continue to flip, until you gain enough to get your family an out. Build an underground bunker with 50 years worth of supplies for your family, set up an air filtration system that slowly normalizes your inside air to the outside so that your kids will be able to handle the atmosphere when they finally open the hatch. Triple redundancy on everything. GET TO IT !! Whatever you gotta do, do it.. but stop wasting your time trying to convince all these fools here. It's not worth the energy. I haven't a clue which route I'm going to get at to make sure my seed goes on, but dammit it will be done. Just invest wisely. Peace.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I do have a question for you. If it's already too late, and we are all doomed because of cow farts or whatever, why is it important to convince anyone that you are right? It doesn't matter. Unless you want to make sure your ego is in good shape for the afterlife. If you are truly a person who cares about the environment, you would welcome the end of human existence and let the earth go back to it's natural cycle and be a happy planet. Otherwise, you are a hypocrite who is only interested in self preservation, but with a noble approach.

This isn't aimed at you personally, but to all the people who are doing the same thing you are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join