It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming is not only NOT a hoax, but it is about 10,000 times worst than your worst nightmare.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Thanks, we had for a while a great poster with very good knowledge on environmental issues, as that was part of his job, he posted information from reliable sources about the so call global warming and what is all about, nothing but for profits entities wanting to cash out of the population, he have not been around in a while perhaps over a year, I wish he stop by again.

Human arrogance about our beginnings been Godly or godly linked is what is going to devastate the human species, at least in the last ice age our ancestors were more in nature and followed their preservation instincts, religious believes has made humans think that we are above all and that we can control from nature to our environment and still be protected as beings of special means.

While preservation spared the more evolved human species from the ones before them the way of thinking modern man have today will be our downfall.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Liberator

I have noticed that many on this site claim global warming to be a “hoax”, and I realize that many of those people are quite literally inconvincible (try convincing a creationist that the earth is more than 6000 years old and you‘ll understand what I‘m saying).

Conflating two unconnected topics here: creationism and skeptism of CAGW.

Methane is 20-70 percent more potent as a greenhouse gas than CO2, depending on the time frame (because it degrades to become CO2 after a few years, depending on its concentration). According to the researchers, so much methane is stored in the East Siberian Arctic shelf, that if only 1% were to be released, it would cause CATASTROPHIC climate change practically overnight….ONE PERCENT PEOPLE….and it is melting NOW.

How dramatic it all sounds. But it's all a question of scale and I think we need to keep a sense of proportion over it. I think the essential question at issue is that of how much radiation enhancement the CH4 greenhouse is actually producing right now. You can see how much radiation CH4 absorbs in comparison to H2O and CO2. It only absorbs radiation over three meager bands many of which, are far from peak surface and its absorption lines overlap significantly with H20. Doesn't look so scary now, does it? H2O is by far the chief contributor to the greenhouse effect. Most of the predicted warming (around 3C) 'still in the pipeline' according to the IPCC will come mainly from H2O feedback amplification. Incidentally CH4 appears conspicuously absent from the IPCC's feedback list.

Also, 2010 is the hottest year on record so far.

According to what data-set? It isn't the hottest year on record according to the RSS and HADCrut3 data? You must be referring to the GISS? Surely you're aware that the surface-based thermometers they use are conveniently sited next to air conditioners? Also, you should read up on NOAA's malfunctioning temperature-reading satellites here. Enlightening read. To quote the article, "NOAA is now fighting a rearguard legal defense to hold onto some semblance of credibility with growing evidence of systemic global warming data flaws by government climatologists". Even if it was the hottest year since records began though, records only began just over 100 years ago. That's not very long. And the temperature has been rising for 200 years since we came out of the Little Ice Age.

Global warming is about to make us extinct

And thus you fall prey to the numberless witting and unwitting frauds of this world.
edit on 2-11-2010 by Nathan-D because: (no reason given)

link   
Oh lord..............i just seen the title of the clip (A REALLY Inconvenient Truth: Dan Miller). What is this part2 of the first one. Are they actually going to have hurricanes spinning in the right direction on this one. I am going to watch all of it. i just had to say it. And he is part of Al Gore....Im already sreaming BBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSS

edit on 2-11-2010 by OG_SWAGGA_KING because: (no reason given)

link   
Hey OP,

I'm gonna post two links, then i'll leave you to connect the dots.

First Link

Second Link

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by TWILITE22

What many doesn't know is that when "Crap and fake" was pushed in congress it was over a thousand lobbyist from many money making scams buying whores in congress because the predictions on profits.

The only reason it have not passed is that the economic downfall has rendered Americans unemployed and increasing taxes (that is what crap and fake is all about) will bring this nation to a stand still for political gain right now.

Well said!!!!They are all a bunch of moneywhores!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Thank you!

It's a shame no one cares about this. I personally decided years ago not to have any children.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

It must have took a lot of distorted, manipulated, and deleted data for you to come to this conclusion.

Scientists, bought and paid for by big government, ultimately proved Global Warming a hoax.

Global Warming is now nothing more than a punchline for some funny jokes.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkey_descendant

Thank you!

It's a shame no one cares about this. I personally decided years ago not to have any children.

Why...what does this help?

If you are concerned that the human species is in danger of going extinct...how does NOT having children help any? Seems more selfish than anyone denying global warming.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The op has lent a great service to the debate over Global Warming.

I watched the whole video and was informed and interested. I only went back to view a little of the video to understand the speaker.

I have always been neutral on the subject because I don’t know much about it because I haven’t researched it.
NOW THIS VIDEO HAS ME interested!

I think the way the OP did this post is informative, and not too complex, and and I might add convincing.

This is an excellent thread, whatever one believes, and an example of the good that forums can do

Thumbs way up to the OP!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
Planets ARE NOT WARMING. WHERE THE HELL ARE people getting this information from?

www.skepticalscience.com...

this is the same link i posted above. READ IT

Domain name: skepticalscience.com
Record created on: 2007-06-25
Record expires on: 2011-06-25

Registrant Contact:
Sevloid Art
John Cook
PO Box 3181
Warner QLD 4500

Technical Contact:
Sevloid Art
John Cook
PO Box 3181
Warner QLD 4500
Phone: +61.73882 3208
Fax: +61.73882 3264

Administration Contact:
Sevloid Art
John Cook
PO Box 3181
Warner QLD 4500
Phone: +61.73882 3208
Fax: +61.73882 3264

Nameservers:
dns2.ilisys.com.au
dns1.ilisys.com.au

Registrar of Record: Distribute IT Pty. Ltd.
www.distributeit.com.au

And what is sevloid art, who is John Cook you ask? Here: www.cartoonebooks.com...

Hippies are LOL

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
if global warming is 10,000 times worse than anyone could imagine, I think the world would have blown up by now. Talk about fear mongering. And by the way, it's called man made climate change now, not global warming.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by s7ryk3r
I have been skeptic on both sides of this topic as I see two completely different sets of information which contradict each other. Lately I have started to consider the possibility that Global Warming is indeed a scam due to the fact that the information the IPCC has been spreading to prove their theory has been completely falsified. When an entire organization is caught making information up I have a hard time taking anything they say seriously so with this in mind I cannot take anything the video from the OP seriously.

Now here is some quick nuggets of facts I have found which I have used to consider my opinion:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Apparently the north pole was supposed to be ice free in 2007?
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Well that could not have been further from the truth:
www.theregister.co.uk...

Another article on the global cooling effect:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Again, this is my opinion and would gladly listen to anyone else's opinion which has substantiated information to provide as I am always eager for the truth.

Ok, I'm breaking my rule again only because you seem like a somewhat reasonable skeptic (those words are normally oxymorons)

I will BRIEFLY address each of the 4 articles you posted.

1. Global temps continue to rise, and 2010 is on pace to be the hottest ever despite low solar activity.

2. The article predicted that 2008 might be ice free because of the dramatic decline of arctic ice in 2007. Turned out they were wrong....2008 did however have the 2nd lowest sea ice extent since records began, behind 2007.

2010 had the 3rd lowest sea ice area, but by far 2010 had the lowest VOLUME of sea ice. This is partly because much of the ice that was counted as area was floating slush....kind of like a slurpee. However, the satelite that measures area counts this as ice. If it hadn't, 2010 would have also had the lowest area.

As for the global cooling article, not sure if you read it. This is from that article "But this year's temperatures would still be way above the average - and we would soon exceed the record year of 1998 because of global warming induced by greenhouse gases."

La nina can cause temporary cooling, but the warming trend continues and is accelerating.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
K. I have to correct you on something, you say its humans that cause the probelm, i believe the earth naturally changes tempature, after long periods of time, think of ice ages compared to how hot it was when the dinosaurs were around. The earth naturally gets hotter and colder.

Something to do with our the earth rotates around the sun, after say a million years it could be much warmer then it was, or colder, i agree SOME of the probelm is us, but most of it is beyond our control.

So execpt random shifts from really warm, then the next day freezing cold. (although it wont be such a quick change)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Nice post. did you ever hear that its the whole solar system thats heating up not just earth?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Why worry about ______________________that are out of your control, out of your sphere of influence, out of your area of expertise. Why do anything really but await your own demise triumphantly and logically. Eat with low impact, think with high frequency, get a rescue being from the streets, Global warming so this not considered out topic. Really everything is an illusion all of it. We are the creators of the illusion and therefore we must become the destroyers of the illusion to become successful. Magic, God, a dream no matter your justification it's not real. Global warming to prevent off topic discussion from fermenting. Is the internet not without limits.. No it has none but when enough become to smart for there own good it's over. I support/deny support of your inconcliusive conclusions and seek that we further discuss/disengage from discussing the off topic of Global warming. The goal is less people. If you think you are in agreement with this then you may or may not be right. Global warming yata yata yata the topic about nothing. 97% of such and such support this belief. So since when does the majority not only rule but when has the majority ever had the facts enough to make a ruling.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

First off. I appreciate anyone who will actually take the time to research anything. Especially exhaustively.
Getting people to read, research, and think critically is too rare in our society.
Exhaustively is the key word here though. It is a rare man/woman who can research any given topic without allowing their own paradigm/belief system to slant, or outright destroy their ability to perceive from more than one angle. I include myself in that statement. Though I have tried exceptionally hard in the past 30+ years to be objective in my own areas of research. But mainstream religious scientists have proven one thing to me in the past more than 3 decades. They (IMO) will lie, cheat, steal, kill, and destroy to maintain the status quo, whatever that may be in their given field of "expertise". To do otherwise, would cost them dearly. Those who appear to be going against the grain have permission to do so for the greater good of their peers. Unfortunately, this also includes some of the so called "rogue scientists" out there. Although I believe some are genuine, and have paid a high price for breaking from the fold. In short, mainstream science is it's own secret society. Anyone with the will to verify what I am saying can prove it to themselves with even a modicum of objective research. A brief look at the associations some of these guys have can be telling. But to the topic at hand. I have watched and read much on global warming. For me, the jury is still in deliberation. I have my opinion. But thats all it is. My opinion. Good post OP.

link   

As a non scientist and not being able to look at statistics in a way many would I find the statements in the debunking video quite funny ...They say that they used the same process using the questionable weather stations and ended up with the same results ..??? Why have standards for weather stations if there is no difference in the results you can produce from them? Its funny when you look at the Emails scandal that one would think that delete meant delete ,but just like a true liar they can deny anything that would lead us to the truth ...I don't care if temperatures go up 2,3,or 4 degrees in my neighbourhood ,and if it decides to drop by that much I guess I will have to either move or learn to deal with it ....peace

edit on 2-11-2010 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I don't want to not have children to "help" the environment or to stop humans from becoming extinct. I don't want my children or grandchildren to suffer. And even if this all turns out to be incorrect, I find the social structures and cultures we have today crap anyway, and wouldn't want to bring children into them.
edit on 2-11-2010 by monkey_descendant because: left out a word

edit on 2-11-2010 by monkey_descendant because: ditto

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I may watch your video sometime if I get bored but first -
If its as bad as you say and nothing we can do about it, why bother telling people? Making others scared makes you feel better?
Why bother stealing money, limiting power etc etc if there is nothing we can do about it? Whats the point of cap-n-trade then?
Bottom line is if what you say is true, eat drink and be merry.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The OP says he's an expert in UFOs too. Can we have some info before we fry, or freeze, please.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join