It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming is not only NOT a hoax, but it is about 10,000 times worst than your worst nightmare.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by loner007

Agreed. Don't waste your time at all..

It's been a source of frustration listening to the people that haven't the intellectual grasp to see what is painstakingly clear to nearly everyone within the scientific community.

Ya, just enjoy the ride. Besides, I'm nearly certain that some of us will make it through, whether it be an evolutionary leap of some sort, else colonizing somewhere in the solar system. Life finds a way, and if not by our species .. well it will go on anyways.

Only half assed scientists would say "...source of frustration listening to the people that haven't the intellectual grasp to see what is painstakingly clear to nearly everyone within the scientific community".

Don't call everyone who doesn't agree with you STUPID. Perhaps you and others are wrong. Predicting the future is a hard thing to do well.

None of us have been to the Future.

I'm not sure that I believer the OP, and there are those who think that I'm a pretty good scientist and engineer.
edit on 2-11-2010 by etcorngods because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Liberator

I find it quite revealing your picking and choosing what you respond too. There was nothing new in that video or your arguments.

Why did Obama choose not to fund clean energy research in a meaningful way? Why is Gore not calling for said funding? Why is the UN not doing anything to fund it? Because they know it's a ruse? Could that be the reason? Actions speak way louder than words. If they truly believed, Obama would have poured massive funds into clean energy research and he would be all over China's backside for what they are doing.

You know that right now Obama still has tens of billions from the Bailout sitting idle and he knowingly chose to not fund any clean energy research except with a laughable token. He clearly does not believe in this. Or is it he and Gore want the world's environment to be destroyed? You can't have it both ways.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Again, you're spouting the same old tired articles that were authored (or referenced in the case of the USA Today article) by those INVOLVED in the hoax - that stand to profit from it. ONCE AGAIN - THE EARTH WARMS AND COOLS IN NATURAL CYCLES, so there is going to be data that shows warming - and cooling. I suggest you look at the data from the snow and ice data center's information - that does indeed show that Arctic Sea Ice is at the third lowest level ever recorded....since they started in the 1970's !! ONLY FORTY YEARS of data....a mere spec of sand on the beach of time - BILLIONS of years. The headlines also don't show that - even though the ice is at a low level - its basically the same level as it was in 1979....doesn't sound nearly as scary, does it? Also - NO ONE has polled 97% of ANYONE - climatologists or otherwise - about what they think about the MASSIVE BS JOB that is AGCC....Ron Paul read his own poll into the Congressional Record last year with more than 33,000 climatologists saying AGCC was total BS and the science didn't support it - do those 33,000 make up LESS than 3% of all climatologists? Their math is a lie, and if they are lying about that - what else are they lying about? Doesn't look real good for your argument....
So - once again, let's go back to common sense - Al Gore and everyone else that promotes this nonsense are NOT changing their habits - what do we make of that? I say its because its the new "cause celebre" ...and like most things "fashionable" - its all BS.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
That's OK. As the presenter in the film said, there are many reasons people choose to ignore the facts about the train wreck headed our way. The consequences aren't just going to make things uncomfortable, they will lead to a major extinction event -- of humans. The world will probably be a better place anyway without the idiots. One just hopes that the few survivors include a smarter grade of person than the reckless lot that has spoiled the planet once again beyond the point of no return.

Yes, I believe its happened before, and an advanced race was at fault then too. We started all over again in caves and we will be back there again soon -- but only a very few of us -- billions will have perished. I hope its the ignorant idiots who are ignoring the signs that are the first to burn.

Its going to be a brave new world, to be sure.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathan-D

The idea that they are "proven liars" exists because they tell things that are not true on multiple occasions and purposefully distort facts over and over. Hence they are "proven liars".

What facts have they distorted and explain why their "distorted" facts are spurious.

I think I'll pass as that would take awhile. I have read meticulous debunking of Monkton, Watts and Lindzen on multiple occassions. Just Google their names followed by "debunked". You will find a ton..."climate crock of the week" (I believe Peter Sinclair?) has done excellent videos debunking Monkton (and I think Lindzen as well).

Here is one of them:

scienceblogs.com...

climateprogress.org...

Here is one on Lindzen:

climateprogress.org...

There is a ton more, just Google their names.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Last year was the hottest on record ? Where do you get that nonsense from ? It was the coldest ,did you stay indoors last year with the heater on wasting electricity or what ? When the fools were trying to sell us interlectuals global warming from the G20 in Copehagen half of the world was snowed in .Do you forget the reports were people from all over the Northern hemisphere couldn't go to work or what ? You are not only barking up the wrong tree , you are also taking a methane dump at it's base !

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
That's OK. As the presenter in the film said, there are many reasons people choose to ignore the facts about the train wreck headed our way. The consequences aren't just going to make things uncomfortable, they will lead to a major extinction event -- of humans. The world will probably be a better place anyway without the idiots. One just hopes that the few survivors include a smarter grade of person than the reckless lot that has spoiled the planet once again beyond the point of no return.

Yes, I believe its happened before, and an advanced race was at fault then too. We started all over again in caves and we will be back there again soon -- but only a very few of us -- billions will have perished. I hope its the ignorant idiots who are ignoring the signs that are the first to burn.

Its going to be a brave new world, to be sure.

Well said.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I believe the facts point toward global warming being real, but I don't know that the link between human activity and global warming has been proven. Historical climate data shows average temperatures trending warmer. But as far as I can see, there is no definitive "smoking gun".

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
Last year was the hottest on record ? Where do you get that nonsense from ? It was the coldest ,did you stay indoors last year with the heater on wasting electricity or what ? When the fools were trying to sell us interlectuals global warming from the G20 in Copehagen half of the world was snowed in .Do you forget the reports were people from all over the Northern hemisphere couldn't go to work or what ? You are not only barking up the wrong tree , you are also taking a methane dump at it's base !

I don't believe I said that. I said last winter was the warmest in recorded history worldwide. However, there were some areas that were colder than normal.

If I said that, I misspoke, but as I said, I don't think I ever said that last year was the hottest on record. I said the last decade was the hottest decade on record by far because it was.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royzer
reply to post by Faiol

I believe the facts point toward global warming being real, but I don't know that the link between human activity and global warming has been proven. Historical climate data shows average temperatures trending warmer. But as far as I can see, there is no definitive "smoking gun".

Then you didn't watch the video and read my links.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I find it quite revealing your picking and choosing what you respond too. There was nothing new in that video or your arguments.

Why did Obama choose not to fund clean energy research in a meaningful way? Why is Gore not calling for said funding? Why is the UN not doing anything to fund it? Because they know it's a ruse? Could that be the reason? Actions speak way louder than words. If they truly believed, Obama would have poured massive funds into clean energy research and he would be all over China's backside for what they are doing.

You know that right now Obama still has tens of billions from the Bailout sitting idle and he knowingly chose to not fund any clean energy research except with a laughable token. He clearly does not believe in this. Or is it he and Gore want the world's environment to be destroyed? You can't have it both ways.

I can only debunk so much, lol. Some arguments are so ridiculous that I'm just ignoring them.

To answer your question, I would have to give an opinion....but my opinion is that Obama knows that nothing can be done at this point. My opinion is also that chemtrails are a secret program meant to artificially cool the planet in order to buy time. Those are my opinions based on what I have read, but again they are just opinions.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I was expecting a meticulous dissection of their science and for you to burn my eyes out with thousands of paragraphs about why they are wrong. With two years of thorough research that would be the least you could do. Instead you tell me to type their names into Google followed by the word "debunked". Brilliant. You wouldn't be mc_squared by any chance?
edit on 2-11-2010 by Nathan-D because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
The world will probably be a better place anyway without the idiots. One just hopes that the few survivors include a smarter grade of person than the reckless lot that has spoiled the planet once again beyond the point of no return.

Would these be the same idiots that pose as scientists who traipse in their droves thousands of miles to Copenhagen to talk about the problem they just created. Then buy carbon credits to offset themselves which have been printed by (more intelligent) criminals to make a fast buck.

You gotta laugh.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
reply to post by babybunnies

www.skepticalscience.com...

Oh boy not again, and from "skepticalscience?..

The claim that the Sun's activity has been steady, or hasn't increased since, pick your date 1950 to 1980s, is simply FALSE...

The sun's activity had been increasing until 2006, and we know that for at least 100 years the activity of the Sun had been steadily increasing, which in turn causes oceans to become warmer, which causes the atmosphere to become warmer, and a warmer atmosphere causes the water vapor level to increase, which causes a feedback effect warming the atmosphere more, which increases the water vapor content which makes the atmosphere warmer, so on, and so forth.

Since the activity of the Sun changes constantly, we also know the Sun is part of the reason why we can have warmer summer, or cooler summers, and colder winters and milder winters, although the oceans also affects this process as well as activity from outside the Solar System does influence the climate on Earth.

I have shown many times in the past that even back in 1978 scientists already knew that the climate on Earth was very probably going to change dramatically, but they didn't claim it was all because of mankind...

Is the solar system entering a nearby interstellar cloud

Abstract
Observations indicating a hydrogen density gradient in the vicinity of the solar system are reviewed, particularly observations of an anisotropy in the far-UV flux around 950 A from the brightest and closest O and B stars as well as a variation in the local D/H ratio along the lines of sight to Alpha Cen and Alpha Aur. Possible mechanisms that may strongly affect the observed D/H ratio on a very small scale are considered, selected radiation pressure is proposed as the most likely mechanism for deuterium separation, and it is shown that this mechanism would be effective only if the density gradient of the nearby interstellar medium has remained stable for at least about 10 million years. This time scale is taken to imply the existence of a nearby (less than 2 pc distant) interstellar cloud. Observational arguments in favor of such a cloud are presented, and implications of the presence of a nearby cloud are discussed, including possible changes in terrestrial climate. It is suggested that the postulated interstellar cloud should encounter the solar system at some unspecified time in the 'near' future and might have a drastic influence on terrestrial climate in the next 10,000 years.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

NASA Study Finds Increasing Solar Trend That Can Change Climate
ScienceDaily (Mar. 21, 2003) — Since the late 1970s, the amount of solar radiation the sun emits, during times of quiet sunspot activity, has increased by nearly .05 percent per decade, according to a NASA funded study.

"This trend is important because, if sustained over many decades, it could cause significant climate change," said Richard Willson, a researcher affiliated with NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies and Columbia University's Earth Institute, New York. He is the lead author of the study recently published in Geophysical Research Letters.

"Historical records of solar activity indicate that solar radiation has been increasing since the late 19th century. If a trend, comparable to the one found in this study, persisted throughout the 20th century, it would have provided a significant component of the global warming the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change reports to have occurred over the past 100 years," he said.

www.sciencedaily.com...

The research above only covered only 24 years, from 1978 until 2002, and what Wilson found was that the Sun's activity had been increasing until the last year of his research, and we know for a fact that from 2002, and even before that, that the Sun's magnetic storms had been increasing in magnitute and frequency, and we know that when one factor of the Sun's activity increases it means all other factors, such as irradiance, the solar wind, cmes, etc, all increase in frequency and magnitute at the same time, and this had been occurring since 2006, and since we know that studies conducted by other scientists have shown that the Sun's activity had also been increasing for at least 60 years until the 1970s, we know for a fact that the Sun activity had been continuously increasing for 80-100 years and possibly more which has been the main reason for the Climate Change we have been experiencing.

Sunspots reaching 1,000-year high
By Dr David Whitehouse
BBC News Online science editor

A new analysis shows that the Sun is more active now than it has been at anytime in the previous 1,000 years.
Scientists based at the Institute for Astronomy in Zurich used ice cores from Greenland to construct a picture of our star's activity in the past.

They say that over the last century the number of sunspots rose at the same time that the Earth's climate became steadily warmer.
Latest warming

Dr Solanki is presenting a paper on the reconstruction of past solar activity at Cool Stars, Stellar Systems And The Sun, a conference in Hamburg, Germany.

He says that the reconstruction shows the Maunder Minimum and the other minima that are known in the past thousand years.

But the most striking feature, he says, is that looking at the past 1,150 years the Sun has never been as active as it has been during the past 60 years.

Over the past few hundred years, there has been a steady increase in the numbers of sunspots, a trend that has accelerated in the past century, just at the time when the Earth has been getting warmer.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The research from Wilson has demonstrated that the early claims that the Sun's activity had stopped increasing since the 1980s is in fact false, and the Sun's activity has in fact continued to increase until 2006, when suddenly the Sun's conveyor belt slowed down to a crawl for about 2-3 years, and now once again the Sun's activity seems to be picking up, but who knows what the Sun will do next?...

But of course, scientific evidence is nothing for the Al Gore religious fanatics... These people rather keep lsitening to a man who continues to use his private jets, and goes to Global Warming meetings in a suv convoy, and drives in an expensive Lincoln Town limo.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/acc6db29519d.jpg[/atsimg]

www.miamilimoservice.com...

I wonder who the truly ignorant people are...

edit on 2-11-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: add link

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i would agree to you saying 97% of climate scientists say global climate change is happening... but you imply they all think that it is caused by anthropogenic factors.... dont work for the IPCC by anychance?? lol

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Awesome post. Star from me.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I am all for debate, but could people please stop posting already 100 times debunked or irrelevant arguments like "the whole solar system is warming" (its not), "its the sun" (its not, variations of the sun are insufficient to explain the observed), "there was warmer in the distant past", "there were higher CO2 levels in the distant past" (and in the distant past the earth was also a pile of molten radioactive rock.. does it make it all right to rapidly change current earth to previous its states?) and the like? Srsly, thats what creationists do.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

It is a scam.

I've looked at the climate model source code that was hacked by the CRU directly. I've been a software developer for a long time. It was clearly altered to remove data that conflicted with their agenda from the climate models.

The whole thing is a fraud.

They are specifically leaving out contradictory data from their models which would push the projected temperature down. Further, not only are they leaving out contradictory data, they are also using fraudulent datasets.

NZCSC fraud:
icecap.us...

NOAA / NASA fraud:
pajamasmedia.com...

More NASA fraud in conjunction with the Australian climate centers:
www.climategate.com...

CRU climate model fraud, where some the source code is broken down:
www.americanthinker.com...

I could go on and on and on.

Global warming is the third biggest fraud in the history of the world behind fiat central banking and public pension programs.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Liberator

So what is the bottom line?

Global warming is about to make us extinct and there isn’t a damn thing we can do about it. So enjoy life and live for today.

Well,
You are half right.

The globe has been getting warmer since the last ice age.

It wasn't but 10000 years or so ago that north Texas was in arctic conditions and for a warm sunny day you had to be on the equator.

10,000 years is the blink of an eye as far as this planet is concerned. So is the history of humankind.

The planet will continue to do what it wants. Species will rise and fall. The climate will keep on bouncing around like an obsessed jack russel terrier and life will go on.

We can do something about it though. Instead of letting the political factions use climate changes as a reason to bilk the population out of trillions in a so called effort to "stop" climate change, we can use common sense and prepare for the changes that are coming and adapt.

Life goes on. Don't lose sleep over something you can't stop.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSZodiac

Again, you're spouting the same old tired articles that were authored (or referenced in the case of the USA Today article) by those INVOLVED in the hoax - that stand to profit from it. ONCE AGAIN - THE EARTH WARMS AND COOLS IN NATURAL CYCLES, so there is going to be data that shows warming - and cooling. I suggest you look at the data from the snow and ice data center's information - that does indeed show that Arctic Sea Ice is at the third lowest level ever recorded....since they started in the 1970's !! ONLY FORTY YEARS of data....a mere spec of sand on the beach of time - BILLIONS of years. The headlines also don't show that - even though the ice is at a low level - its basically the same level as it was in 1979....doesn't sound nearly as scary, does it? Also - NO ONE has polled 97% of ANYONE - climatologists or otherwise - about what they think about the MASSIVE BS JOB that is AGCC....Ron Paul read his own poll into the Congressional Record last year with more than 33,000 climatologists saying AGCC was total BS and the science didn't support it - do those 33,000 make up LESS than 3% of all climatologists? Their math is a lie, and if they are lying about that - what else are they lying about? Doesn't look real good for your argument....
So - once again, let's go back to common sense - Al Gore and everyone else that promotes this nonsense are NOT changing their habits - what do we make of that? I say its because its the new "cause celebre" ...and like most things "fashionable" - its all BS.

I started to respond to you, but there is just so much nonsense in your post that I don't know where to begin. So I won't begin, lol.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join