It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes you fearless? - Share with ATS your knowing that allows you to stand strong against the

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

So many great posts, I'd like to point out that no one is ever truly fearless, but the notion of this collection of wisdom was to share the empowerment that has allowed you to step beyond your fears into action.

The source of your knowing that pushes back your internal mechanisms for fear.

The greatest Warriors, Shaman, and Healers have learned to hold that knowing as the source of their power.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

i agree with you on a point. i've always noticed, the liars, cheaters, thieves, drug addicts, etc seem to always have the hardest time accepting death.
i can understand a parent having a fear of death, but then, it's not really death they fear, i think it's the fear of leaving their children behind, or people with close families. these things i can understand.
on the same token, i have a son, and for the longest the only thing i was afraid of was him not knowing how much i love him if i die. i don't worry about that anymore.. he knows. (sorry,i ramble sometimes)
i feel the reason those, "bad" people( for lack of a better phrase),fear dying or the unkown, is they know, if there is a heaven and hell, that their actions will send them to hell. those of us who either don't adhere to any religious beliefs, or know we're good and decent people, have no reason to fear it.
i myself, while not always be the nicest person in the room, or, for that matter, in the world, have always strived to be just, loyal, decent, and respectful. some will disagree, but that's because they've been on the recieving end. lol.
i've been beaten, stabbed, shot, poisoned, run over and set on fire, all in the defense of others. so, do i worry about dying, even if there is a heaven and hell? not it the least.
my personal view is this: if there is a god, why would he give us free will, and then punish us for making our own decisions? i don't think he would, but that's just me. i feel, if there is a god, getting to heaven is more of what kind of person you are, not whether or not you believe.
(sorry, i ramble sometimes)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I fear, fear is apart of living life to it's fullest. You have to laugh, cry, get angry, or be in a bliss, it's peaks and valleys. It's what makes us human.
If you have children then you know there are many fears, but they make you stronger because their life is more important than us the parent.

for paranormal,
I grew up in it do to my father was into it.
But now I don't believe
My work, I'm a air conditioning contractor, my work is attics, old homes, basements, crawl spaces, I'm there every single day! I'm not a happy camper about it, but it's what I do and do it very well. It's dark, wet, cold, hot, dry you name it, I'm working were others seldom go. I work to find air infiltration, spots that make your home ineffeicent. I know what air can do because it's my career. I have a job to do and ghosts or paranormal doesn't sign the checks so if they exist they are in my way.

One of my jobs, I had an office for a year that was once the old morgue in a hospital. People thought I was nuts that I could actually work in that place. When we would test the generators, I would be alone in the dark with only my computer monitor on looking at the energy management system, this was always at night midnight to 4am.

I've seen, pictures vibrate, papers fly off a table, glasses fall off a counter, creaking noises, noises that sound like footsteps, hammer sounds, doors open, I seen spiders, snakes, scorpions(baby bark scorpions), roaches make noises in the dark crawling around, also lizards, rodents. It can all be explained.

As I said, I grew up believing in the paranormal, but my work has taken me back to reality. I have witness no proof of the paranormal. Only stories, some have come true, that make me question.
For me,
I would like to know that there is a place after wards, to know my father is safe and my family will be safe when the time comes. So I do not fear in paranormal things, only search for facts to answer my life long question.

my fear is what if there is nothing after

edit on 23-10-2010 by mysteryskeptic because: spelling

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

You know sometimes the greatest protection from the spirit world can be the denial of its existence.

I often describe it to people as it being similar to the hypnotist, it is not difficult at all to resist hypnotism, on the contrary it takes a person of developed ability to enter a trance that allows such a process to occur.

I'm beginning to believe that people who do not wish to expand their "Reality tube" into the ranges of paranormal activity are not going to experience it, they will actually shut it down and I would go as far as to say that be being paralyzed by fears in regard to the paranormal could also be a means of subconsciously turning off your ability to interact with it.

This could explain why shaman and other spiritual practitioners claim they have these occurences on a regular basis.

I have been apprenticing to a shaman for many years now and it is all to clear that the process of complete interaction with the spirit world is in first acknowledging the subtle energies that are its foundation. Through this you will find that the spirit world is everything and we are but a small part of it having our own experience.

But you're right, if it doesn't exist for you, it doesn't - until you want it to or something decides to make you.

-G

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Th ehero is the person who feel s the fear and still refuses to run away. I f you have been trained properly as an occultist you can live without fear. Your training may but tough but so is the kind of wars you fight. Funny how non Occultists fear the dark!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I could feel the presence of something that was 10 feet tall in my hallway last night standing behind me. All the lights were out and I remember standing there, listening to my heartbeat in my ears and feeling all my senses sharpen as I began to make out what it was.

I turned around and it was like I was seeing him without seeing. The fear was definitely there and its source was I have no idea what the HELL you are. I just stood there for a moment and basically said in my mind "I'm going to bed, I'll talk to you later"

All feelings vanished and the fight or flight feeling dispersed almost instantly. Its a weird feeling, but we should realize that the existence of these beings is not rare at all - they are everywhere imaginable, but it is the perception of them that is truly a rare occurrence to the masses.

I can appreciate fear...looking at it from this angle it is the force that drives your perception to sharpen in moments of misunderstanding but we must be careful that we perceive what is true instead of creating disinformation with our mind at the slews of information the fearful state can achieve.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Well there is always laughter. If you can summon it at the time... Really we often have nothing to fear but fear. Remember we are the favourite's of god. We can also evolve..Even angels cannot do so.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

Well there is always laughter. If you can summon it at the time... Really we often have nothing to fear but fear. Remember we are the favourite's of god. We can also evolve..Even angels cannot do so.

Sometimes easier said then done, but yes I've had situations where malicious entities have tried to make themselves appear huge, overpowering and monstrous yet in all truths they are as powerful as smoke on the wind and the laughter that ensues from me pushes them all away.

I think god favors all beings, but his power is given to those who remember that they are favored, which makes me think that a demon's hate for god is what makes them weaker then those who walk with faith and stand unmoved by fear.

Ah yes...The evolution of mankind - it makes me so proud to be human.

-G

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Believe in yourself and your potential.

It really is a battle of will, even if you "fall" for "fear", it is not impossible to regain your normal self. It is just much harder, unless you take a break (from whatever you are doing).

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
In the time that leads towards a brighter future I invite all who read this on ATS to share their knowledge of what gives them the strength to stand in the paranormal presence of concepts such as Evil, Darkness, Terror and Fear.

What gives you the Will?

Confidence in yourself. Thats all.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Yet some people have that unquenchable quality that makes their confidence unshakable in even the most dire situations. What fires your confidence?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I fear no evil.

The power that is within me is greater than the power without.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

I fear no evil.

The power that is within me is greater than the power without.

Hmmmm

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

www.biblegateway.com...:9–13&version=KJV

Psalm 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
i am no where near fearless. i live alone in a 100+ year old house that goes bump in the night. i fear death. experience is the fuel for me to overcome fear and i wont be able to overcome my fear of death until i experience it. im in no hurry in becoming fearless lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Hmm. Firstly great thread OP. Well, i think it might be ones values of right and wrong and how much that person believes what they are doing is the right thing to do and act on the feeling. One night, about a year ago i was walking with an acquaintance of mine that i had newly met. His stature was a bit more than mine, me being the height of 5 6" and him being a good ft taller, but a bit of a teddy bear. Well as we were walking, it being late at night, around 12 or so, we were walking in a strip mall and talking, when i happen to see 5 or 6 grown adults beating on this one person. I filled up with insta-rage, and charged with my finger/fist as fast as i could at them, yelling out to get the eff off of him. Well as i look back at it now the next thing that happen was shocking to say the least. All of the group must have thought me to be a little off my rocker beings there was only one of me charging. They all scattered like roaches thank God and i preceeded to help this guy off the ground. If i had not have been there that night and time i think it would have undangfortunatly been a very different scenerio.

I think that it is very sad that other stories i have heard from friends that have witnessed the same thing and have done nothing but look in shock and not act on shear sympathy? Again thank you for this thread as i feel more of us need to have a much grander grasp on our moral vaues.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I have only been in the presence of a threatening paranormal force once ( what was either a weak shadow person spawned off of horrible happenings and the fears and hopelessness of the people shutting themselves in a certain house, or a night terror - either way, I took control of the situation ) but the knowledge that I used in that situation and whenever I am "sizing myself up" is threefold.

1. I am human. I am strong, I am connected to great and powerful things that the Dark Ones cannot imagine. I am birth, I am life, I am death. I am the ouroboros of the past, present and future.

2. I am a warrior. I have the backing of the Good behind me. If I fall, I know that in my next life I will be right back in the saddle. the Evil will not get rid of me that easily.

3. I am the Healer. When I do not clash spiritual swords with the Dark, I use my knowledge of the natural world to soothe both body and minds. The... fulfillment I feel from mixing the natural remedies reaffirms #1, and so all is a circle.

I figured out a long time ago from my own journey through the Dark that this was my path. I hope my words help at least one soul.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
What makes me fearless?

The awareness that there's nothing new under the sun and, that there is nothing hidden, which isn't already well known, from every angle and perspective. Thus, if I believe in the fundamental goodness, of there being something and not nothing, then I am forced to conclude that I have nothing to fear, or I or you and everything simply would not be here.

"Fear not little ones, nor let your hearts be troubled, for it PLEASED the father to share his kingdom (creation) with all his children, who surely knows how to provide all good things, including protection, whereever needed. (paraphrased)

So if I have an enemy, I also have the ROCK of all ages, against which no enemy can stand.

"The Lord is my Shepherd..

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies
You annoint my head with oil
My cup overflows!
SURELY, goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord, forever.
~ David

There is gnosis of this fearlessness, but first must always come the "dark night of the soul". Been there, done that, got the T-shirt!

And so now I know, I have had an EXPERIENCE of being protected, shielded, watched over, and nothing bad happened to me, only learning.

that said I must trust in God more and more, given what He has already shown me that he can do with great power, while retaining perfect virtue in power restrained.

Let's just say that I am not afraid, because my God is very FAST, and quick on the draw, to protect me against all enemies, both "foreign" and domestic.

If God is for us, then who or what could be against us? No power, and no principality, nor depth, or width nor height, can separate us from the Love of God in Jesus Christ.

There is no fear in faith, so I like to say

No Fear Only Faith.

Is this "NewAgeMan" a "Bible thumping fundy"? Not on your life.

Modern science also supports the framework, not only of a brotherhood of man and a relativity of human being, but also a heavenly household build upon and framed by love. The very presence of existence, is my fortress, and my strength. So it's a rational basis for faith, and the complete and final absence of all fear, and on the other side of that, what emerges..?

That's what interests me then, what shall we do to have FUN? That's the only question on the other side of "there is nothing to fear"..

So I say - IRE MON, LET US PARTAYYYY! What-a-GOIN, whap'nn..?

edit on 25-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: tiny change

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
reply to post by Odessy

Yet some people have that unquenchable quality that makes their confidence unshakable in even the most dire situations. What fires your confidence?

Whatever we do in life, is what we're supposed to do.
There's no point in fear, might as well see what your capable of.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Thus far in my short time on living I have been shot, stabbed, electricuted twice, hit by cars & buses, motorcyle accidents, logging accidents, shot at and have risked my neck for total and complete strangers. There is always fear... and uncertainty when faced with such events unfolding in front of one, that many time the BIGGEST BADDEST TOUGHEST GUYS AROUND are usually the ones to stand frozen in fear...once while at the bank of Missouri River a father just stood and watched as his daughters got into the car parked near the river and put it into gear... and it slowly rolled into the river... and all he did was stand a watch. I have seen people cower and literally lose their heads in the face of death... I can tell you when everything moves in Matrix like slow motion... time slows down... and I guess for some your life flashes infront of your eyes... for me that didnt happen. Everytime the space around me slows like turning the speed way up on a camera I do what is needed nothing more. I am in no way totally fearless as fear is always present. Making peace with it is a term I like to use better than the term FEARLESS. But I have found people who go out looking to be fearless heroic are usually the types that are far from the heroic type. All throughout history and literature it has firmly documented that heroes do what no one else will, they do not go out looking for trouble, in fact trouble finds them quite easily. in fact something which I can attest as me and the Grim Reaper are a first name basis. Real heroes know far to well there will be no one to save them, there will be refferee, or bell, or whistle or some rule that will save them. They know their ends all to well in that no one will be there to save them. I have known lots of firefighters and EMTs who have "lost" the fortitude to do their jobs.... becasue in actuallity they "Simply Dont Have the Ingredients". Maybe a few, but not all the ingredients. But when you harness your fear your become an entirely different animal altogether when all of your senese are honed like a razor blade. Most people I have talked to all ask the same thing when I tell the story about taking a commuter bus head on. How did you know what to do when you saw the bus comming at you/ In fact the amount of adrenilne was so high an officer who was at the stop light came running over, as he was more excited than me as he was puzzled and thought I has sustained massive trauma. When the bus came barreling towards me I turned the wheel as far to the left as I could so when the bus he me the energy would be misdirected instead of taking the full force of the bus. I can tell you that the adrenilne rush wasnt all that great, in fact it had been years since I had a good rush. When I faced death as the bus head towards me I didnt think about anybody or event in my life rahter..."AT LEAST ITS GONNA BE QUICK!" But there is a part of the populations which the military uses its most difficult training programs to weed out the individuals that share this genetic trait. The ammino peptides in the blood that feed the brain with blood, oxygen and other hormones are sought out using the brutal tesing found in the elite forces training. To weed out individuals like me who can think crytal clear when all hell is breaking loose. In fact only 1 out of every 23,876,000 people have this genetice trait acording to a national geographic magazine report on the findings done after the human genome was mapped. The next obstacle was to find out what made some soldiers better than the others, using the Special Forces recruits as more or less the apex of stress managment. I have seen things that some people have to go to third world countries and into warzones to see... and anyone can tell you seeing and experiencing these changes you for the better or the worse. Some people cannot handle seeing things, and end up commiting suicide or are permenantly disabled mentally unable to function without all hell breaking loose around them. I have only met a handfull of other people who share this trait... what is more confounding is how we meet... one can chalk it up to coincidence... but I do not. We all share the same experiences... and how things "appear", and sadly there are not all Ex-Current Military or First Responders, but regular folks WITH HUGE BRASS BALLS!

Something has to be wrong with you in todays nihilistic culture if you will willingly risk you rlife for someone else without any thought of reward. But I can tell you after a brush with the man upstairs... that nihilism dissappears REAL QUICK!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Maybe it's the knowledge that it's all bull#. Maybe having enough money to move. Maybe it's the ability to displace jaws. Certainly has nothing to do with the power of will though, don't cheapen the word.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join