It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes you fearless? - Share with ATS your knowing that allows you to stand strong against the

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I'm liking that info, Nor.

Do you think the universe is that simple though? Our world and the informational world?

In my experience the universe isnt a 2 sided coin, it is a 100 sided dice that is shifting, growing, shrinking and interweaving with itself to create infinite posibility.

How would you apply your books teachings to this posibility?

-G

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Do you think the universe is that simple though? Our world and the informational world?

In my experience the universe isnt a 2 sided coin, it is a 100 sided dice that is shifting, growing, shrinking and interweaving with itself to create infinite posibility.

-G

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I think we need to understand, FEAR is real, and this SPIRIT, can lead people to do the unthinkable. It can paralyze you, and make you do things, you normally wouldn't do. It IS a very dangerous spirit. But, be of good cheer because GOD had not given us a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind.

KNOWING God's word, gives me the weapons i need to fight this 'spirit'; and i really don't know any other way to do so.

The 'war on terror' is designed to scare people into submission. There is no way, FEAR can be defeated with weapons! It has to be cast out via God's word. People must LEARN HOW TO USE GOD'S WORD, for their everyday lives. God's word is not about doing this, and not doing this...it is meant to be used to give HOPE, where there is no hope. Afterall, without hope, fear runs amuck.

If you STUDY God's word, there are PRINCIPLES in it, that if OBEYED will yield fruit...regardless of your religion. The new world order/elite/powers that be, knows these principles...because their master, Satan, knows them. As a matter of fact, Satan/Lucifer knows God, about as good, if not equal to Christ; and he knows God's word! He used God's word on Jesus, while in the wilderness for those 40 days and nights. Jesus combatted Satan's temptations with other Scriptures. IF, Jesus didn't KNOW God's word, even Jesus Himself would have fallen! Instead, Jesus grew stronger in HIS faith...after having fought the battle of truth with TRUTH.

Here's an example of that conversation between Jesus and Satan: (Matt 4:1-11)

If you want the word of God to work, you BETTER KNOW what you're talking about, and BELIEVE it with conviction. If you don't KNOW God's word...there is NO WAY, you can defeat the enemy! Study that word for yourself, not for anyone else, or anything else. Get to know God for YOU! The Bible isnt as scary as people have been led to believe! It's actually...LIBERATING!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

If I did meet a demon all I know is that demon would get frustrated with me because I would sitting up in bed staring at it trying to come up with plausible scientific reasons why I might be seeing what I'm seeing. Hallucination, lucid dream, sleep paralysis, etc. The demon would get bored and frustrated and hopefully go haunt the superstitious which always seem to be the only people they appear to

Such speculation is fun but its honestly a bit pointless or at least I prefer to speculate about things I think are cool, meeting an alien, facing a zombie apocalypse, having a super-model fall madly in love with me, you know plausible stuff

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

People are always expecting to see them in a physical body.

It doesnt work like that for the majority of us.

They are non physical energy bodies that can affect us in infinite ways.

Observe negative feelings when they come about you and ask yourself "Do I own this? Is this me?"

Who knows, perhaps you have a demon in your midst.

The world isnt as simple as brain chemicals and lens flares, the great mystery beckons.

But we do not have to exist in terror.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Jesus said, "In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world." John 16:33

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Well, im 19 and there are things id like to protect, like my family, but honestly, I got 2 bad# katanas here waiting to get bloody. I waiting to put my training to work and see what I can do.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus

-G

The corporeal realm (the universe is part of that) is unimaginably complex and the potential structures that exist at higher levels of physical development can potentially include all that you believe to be true. Unit organization - especially when you're dealing with cause/effect and the event unit as the basis of that organization - offers incalculable possibilities for higher level developmental variation. While not random or truly chaotic, the open road for such development is virtually endless, as long as one understands that all such trajectory is inevitably doomed to eventual oblivion within this specific realm.

That said, eternal representation has emerged in the form of information-centric Identity, and with that as the imperative guidance system (eternal Identity survival) the highest expressions of corporeal development have focused on the generation of Identity-representative information. After all, the foundations of physical existence will always be served before any other needs in the queue, and survival is the ultimate imperative for anything that achieves physical existence.

In the corporeal realm, extended Identity survival is achieved through matrixing (the extended enterprise as a longer running stable event structure) and biological replication (establishing contextual Identity within wholey separate existential uniques via replication of self or procreative contribution of self to extend that representative Identity beyond ones own corporeal lifespan). This accounts for the massive corporeal infrastructures we know to exist (the human being for instance) as well as the biological imperative that drives all auto-animate wholes to replicate and/or procreate. The breakthrough was when the corporeal whole developed the brain, and information was now a form of "procreation" that offered eternal Identity representation for the finite corporeal matrix whole.

This is where the whole game changed, and it wasn't about the extended enterprise as much as about the information that could be generated by an extended enterprise. Then, the human being was brought into existence, and the game shifted again. I would take the 40,000 words or so to detail what the human being changed in all of this, but you should have enough to inspire you to hit the Amazon.com link in my signature and find out how to get the book that completely details the entire thing from absolutely nothing to the physical birth of our God and what that being's need for us actually involves.

This is actually very groundbreaking information, but you do what you want with the offer.
edit on 11/13/2010 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I have no fear or dying, because I know there is an afterlife. I know the spiritual dimension exists so I know I have nothing to fear when it comes to dying. Of course, this doesn't mean I wouldn't get scared if I was about to have a fatal car crash. Fear is a natural instinctive emotion, plus the fact I would rather stay alive for a bit longer and that it could be quite painful. But fear that I would die and cease to exist just doesn't bother me because I know there is an afterlife, and if there wasn't I would be okay with that too. Non-existance could actually be a blessing, not a curse.

As for the fear of evil/malevolent beings, they too can be scary for the same reasons i just mentioned, but in the end "energy cannot be destroyed, only transformed" so no matter what happens, you will still exist in some form one way or another. As for myself, I am a regular natural lucid dreamer and have countless experiences with these sorts of things, including dying in dreams and being sent to hell or the void. I've become used to it, and although some things will still scare me I know deep down there is nothing to be afraid of, and nothing they can really do to me that will cause me to cease to exist.

In short, the afterlife is real, when you die you go there, and its impossible to die there so really nothing to be worried about.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
i thought i was fairly fearless until i read "the secret history of the world" by marc booth. when he explained what the rosicrusian idea of the afterlife was, it really hit me hard because it "gelled" with what i had always been leaning towards believing. we go to purgatory, then have what we perceive as "demons" rip the flesh from our bones, because flesh is where memory and base emotions are stored. once they free you of your base desires, you ascend to the next plane and are at peace. scary # to me... made me rethink catholicism, which i left at 14...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
The demon would get bored and frustrated and hopefully go haunt the superstitious which always seem to be the only people they appear to

Thats because superstitious people open themselves up to it. If your mind is closed its very difficult for you to perceive anything spiritual or supernatural. But if your mind is open, your perception is open, and its like opening a doorway to these things.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eonnn

The demon would get bored and frustrated and hopefully go haunt the superstitious which always seem to be the only people they appear to

Thats because superstitious people open themselves up to it. If your mind is closed its very difficult for you to perceive anything spiritual or supernatural. But if your mind is open, your perception is open, and its like opening a doorway to these things.

is it though? or is it just being superstitious and letting our imaginations get the best of us?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome

Originally posted by Eonnn

is it though? or is it just being superstitious and letting our imaginations get the best of us?

well you could argue that point from a scientific stand-point, or you could open you mind and see for yourself

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
i thought i was fairly fearless until i read "the secret history of the world" by marc booth. when he explained what the rosicrusian idea of the afterlife was, it really hit me hard because it "gelled" with what i had always been leaning towards believing. we go to purgatory, then have what we perceive as "demons" rip the flesh from our bones, because flesh is where memory and base emotions are stored. once they free you of your base desires, you ascend to the next plane and are at peace. scary # to me... made me rethink catholicism, which i left at 14...

This basic notion makes no sense whatsoever. Your flesh and bones don't accompany you to whatever afterlife may or may not exist for you. I can prove this, and all I need is for you to accompany me to any wake being held in any city, town or village of your choice. In the box at the front of the room is the flesh and bones of the person who has already left the building.

Purgatory was invented to "split the baby" concerning eternal damnation and what it takes to achieve salvation. The Church had to deal with the fact that the majority of their flock exist within that "gray area" that is neither worthy of salvation (the requirements as depicted in the Bible scripture) nor worthy of the kind of eternal punishment awaiting those who are truly evil. Nothing in the Bible suggests such a place, or even such a concept. This is the problem with literalizing scripture that was never intended to be read literally. If you do that, you start inventing things like people riding dinosaurs and devils scattering magically aged bones around the world in order to deceive scientists.
edit on 11/14/2010 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Maybe some won't want to hear my answer because it will be considered "religious" but here goes...

If it's a personal struggle or when I'm alone in the dark I fall back on my relationship with God. If it is another type situation...let's just say that I can't stand to see another done wrong and will always pop up to defend anyone weaker than myself. Even to the detriment of my own safety. Not really sure what makes that happen because I am usually very level headed and think things through. If another is being victimized though something happens inside me and I don't give a thought as to my own safety and become unbelievably strong physically. I am also slow to burn so people I know are always surprised that this quiet, shy, middle aged lady can be a total badass if needed. It must be hidden rage LOL
It surprises me too :-p

P.S. I had to battle dark or unknown forces once, and in the end "IT" won. We moved to a new home. "IT" began messing with my baby. As a Mom of a baby who recovered from two major surgeries, both a matter of life and death, I just couldn't deal with that emotionally. After two years, I didn't have the emotional/spiritual energy to deal with it and I went into protection mode as opposed to battle mode. Wanted my child out of harm's way.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

Ummm... no. The reason superstitious people encounter "ghosts" more often is because they are more likely to attribute normal events to the paranormal. A loud bang, something that sounds like footsteps, an audible voice, instead of seeking out normal explanations (such as audiovisual hallucinations, naturally creaky floorboards, etc) a superstitious person is more likely to think the event is supernatural. I've had plenty of unexplained things happen to me but I'd never go so far as to say a ghost had anything to do with it, I wouldn't even call them paranormal because I have insufficient evidence to say that they violate the natural laws of the Universe.
edit on 14-11-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Eonnn

Ummm... no. The reason superstitious people encounter "ghosts" more often is because they are more likely to attribute normal events to the paranormal. A loud bang, something that sounds like footsteps, an audible voice, instead of seeking out normal explanations (such as audiovisual hallucinations, naturally creaky floorboards, etc) a superstitious person is more likely to think the event is supernatural. I've had plenty of unexplained things happen to me but I'd never go so far as to say a ghost had anything to do with it, I wouldn't even call them paranormal because I have insufficient evidence to say that they violate the natural laws of the Universe.
edit on 14-11-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

yes that maybe true, but thats what i would call someone who is supersititious as opposed to spiritual. There is a fundamental difference between the two.

Superstitious people believe in things like "if a mirror breaks, you walk over someones grave, you walk under a ladder, you dont forward a chain letter then you will get bad luck for x amount of years". These people will believe anything, they hear a noise at night they believe it to be ghosts or whatever their imagination creates.

Spiritual people on the other hand know the difference between something that can be explained and something that can't. They dont just jump to conclusions because they are people who have had at least one tangible and truly spiritual experience. Something that has happened, which defy's all known natural laws and explanations, which can be felt/seen/perceived tangibly as if it were a physical thing.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
i have not read the other 5 pages of posts, so here goes. i rely on my phyciclyl streagnth. imma whoop et's ass!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

Hey there,

Hope you got through it ok

A lot of people refuse to believe in this sort of thing, but there is a lot of evidence to back it up.

Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Hey Mizzijr,

What kind of katanas are they? Made by whom? What kind of steel?

I happen to love katanas hahahaha

What's your plan in case of something non-corporeal?

cheers

P.s. Katanas are sweet, but i like my Wakizashi more

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join