It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge blast in San Bruno; neighborhood on fire

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
reply to post by sweetpeanc

The motto of ATS is "DENY IGNORANCE" Unfortunately too many people here seem to be into personal agendas and fantasties....

In the past, mundane explanations were used to mask and condition public perception of events such as UFOs and the true events of 9/11. This is, as another poster stated, ATS. It is perfectly natural for folks here to think *outside* of the box we were all conditioned into during childhood.

You are right - something caused the gas main to explode. Bet you wasn't a UFO, Metor, Asteroid or pixies....

See, here is the problem (and I do like some of your other posts, and even starred the one you wrote in reply to the guy who wished calamity upon you): YOU are asserting that this IS a mundane event, yet you have no more evidence than anyone else. Main stream media and eyewitness accounts. There have been eyewitness accounts that this was something from the sky (unidentified aircraft, meteor). If it were either, the media would be told to downplay it to PREVENT MASS CHAOS AND PUBLIC HYSTERIA. So, other than the tools that the state would use to keep people from breaking into riots (mass media), you have no more evidence that this is a MUNDANE event any moreso than an UNUSUAL event. I don't know your stance on UFOs or 9/11 in general, but debunkers tend to wave a hand and flatly dismiss something without full consideration.

Personally, I'm not saying it was a UFO or a plane. But it could be. It's *probably* a mundane event, but that's just the odds speaking. In reality, it could've been caused by just about anything, including UFOs or meteors. And right now, even if it had been a plane, since it has yet to be identified, that plane would be rightfully categorized as an unidentified flying object (UFO).

Occams razor states probably one (or more) of the above reasons would be cause in opposition to the exotic fantasties often discussed here.......

Occam's Razor has its place. However, it is not a blanket for explaining away something without further investigation. Just because it's *likely* to be a mundane event doesn't mean Occam's Razor *proves* that it IS a MUNDANE event.

Again, it's *probably* a mundane cause. But, we don't yet know. There are reports of something from the sky. There are reports of the ground swelling, and the smell of gas. However, I, personally would shy away from dismissing open speculation because we really don't know for sure. And, if the event was caused by something unusual, realize that the press would be told an alternative story. Hypothetically, if it were a UFO and it was resting in that crater, and firefighters discovered it, the FBI (already on scene) would *manage* the situation and release a cover story (rusted pipes, ground shifting, ---anything mundane). Sorry for any typos; I don't have time to review prior to post.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Could this explosion be related to this story I came across a few months ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It concerns the process of Hydraulic Fracturing and the potential poisoning of the drinking water underground...

Could natural gas leaked and seeped into this area and then erupted out ?

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Gee this thread was quickly derailed by name calling, and poking fun at conspiracy theorists.

I wonder how much the NSA pays their disinfo agents to troll websites and just cause havoc. That'd be my ideal job.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This event has been hitting really close to home. Co-workers, friends and family all either know someone who lives in that area or they themselves do. Right now there's a lot of confusion in trying to track down missing friends and family. There are a lot of people in downtown SF, where I work, that I've spoken to that are on edge right now because they have loved ones they haven't heard from. A lot of those people's houses are without power too.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

There were also alot of fires here in El Paso a couple of days ago, but I think that was because of high winds and fallen power lines.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
reply to post by rogerstigers

Run into GOLDEN FLEECE" on 9/11 forum - he is "truther" know for bizarre conspiracy theories

Pay him no mind......

Please enlighten us -- what are your objections to telling the truth? And why would reports of a flash of flame across the sky just prior to the "natural gas explosion" bother you so much?

Methinks thou doth protest too much.

edit on 9/10/2010 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by xian06

Contributed by Sorcha Faal
September 10, 2010 11:08

______beforeitsnews/story/169/689/Missile_Strike_Downs_San_Francisco_Plane,_News_Blackout_Ordered.html

All I needed to know to discredit this report. Other reactions may vary.

You know, using Sorcha Faal to report something is an easy way to discredit what they don't want to be known. Her report should be thoroughly debunked instead of ignored.

...without, of course, mentioning that, according to the Pacific Gas & Electric Company’s own website showing where all of its gas lines are located, none of them that are able to cause such destruction come even close to the area hit.

When seeing the amount of homes engulfed, I thought that it was a bit high. Can somebody debunk this statement?

edit on 9/10/2010 by SonicInfinity because: Added debunking challenge

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Have been watching good bit of coverage of this disaster today.

I find it strange at this stage it is still been labelled as a 'suspected' gas leak. Surely this could have been confirmed by now.
Anyhow, some analysts were on talking about how the pipelines in the ground are now around 60years old. If this is the case I'm sure this terrible event could easily reoccur.

Another very strange thing I noticed about the coverage was the testimony of 'eye witnesses'.

Today I have heard several different witnesses' referring to the event as how they thought it was the 'apocalypse' or 'judgement day'. Never noticed this kind of language been used by people at events like this before. Maybe they are particularly religious, maybe its the times we are living in now or maybe the media is purposely trying to bring this language into everyday use?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
Have been watching good bit of coverage of this disaster today.

I find it strange at this stage it is still been labelled as a 'suspected' gas leak. Surely this could have been confirmed by now.
Anyhow, some analysts were on talking about how the pipelines in the ground are now around 60years old. If this is the case I'm sure this terrible event could easily reoccur.

Another very strange thing I noticed about the coverage was the testimony of 'eye witnesses'.

Today I have heard several different witnesses' referring to the event as how they thought it was the 'apocalypse' or 'judgement day'. Never noticed this kind of language been used by people at events like this before. Maybe they are particularly religious, maybe its the times we are living in now or maybe the media is purposely trying to bring this language into everyday use?

Really? I know a few events where many witnesses thought it was doomsday:
Hrioshima and Nagasaki being destroyed by atomic weapons
9/11
2004 tsunami
Earthquake in Haiti
Floods in Pakistan

the list goes on and on.

edit on 10-9-2010 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

I agree, there is nothing wrong with speculation.

San Bruno is right under SFO's flight path for 10L and 10R. It is a bit curious.

Also, why would there be a large gas main in that area?

Anyone come up with a map with PG&E's gas main lines. This might be information kept hidden for many reasons.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

The age of the infrastructure is a very worrying concept for those of us emergency personnel since it's widely known to many of us in the area that in the event of "The Big One" it's going to be cause for a terrible scenario.

One of the reasons for the religious word usage could be from that basis that many of the families in San Francisco and on the Peninsula are heavily Catholic. There are families in church parishes in San Francisco who live in that fire ravaged area that are unaccounted for, such as children not showing up for school...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I posted a picture towards the bottom of page 3 of this thread of a picture I took on my cell phone of CBS 5 news showing a map used by contractors to show where the main gas lines in the area are. If you look, one of the gas lines runs right through the area of the event.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I'm sorry, but if you can't smell the b.s. coming from Sorcha's report... then.... yeah.... somethings not right with you.

Why would PG&E take responsibility for a gas leak if it was anything but a gas leak? PG&E already claimed it was their gas line. No company would do that. Their shares are already falling as we speak.

Also, if a jet got shot down by a missile, it wouldn't leave a hole in the ground like shown.

Sorcha has ZERO evidence of any link between the missile and the gas leak explosion. She saw a report about a missile, and then a report about the gas leak.. and linked them with her imagination. It is STUPID!

Then she spews b.s. about disinfo agents discrediting her... she is just a pure idiot, she discredits herself.

edit on 10-9-2010 by illumin8ed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think this was just caused by an Earthquake. Stress on the plates, skidding, slipping, and guess where most of the pipes are located.....Hmmmmm, underground. If the ground is a shaking, then there lies the propensity for static electricity to be released with a seismic event.

Earthquake + Broken Gas Lines + release of static electricity = Neighborhood on fire.

There are more strange things happening these days. Makes one wonder, what is causing all of these natural Disasters? Strange weather patterns, earthquakes, planes falling out of the sky. I'm sure there is something going on that we are "not supposed to know about".

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Take a look at the Google Earth shot for the location of the gas line rupture...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dbf5084f0886.jpg[/atsimg]

See that oval seemingly drawn on the street? This is exactly where the pipe blew. The picture is dated July 30, 2007 on Google Earth history.

It's like there was some kind of work going on in this location. Interesting, eh?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
Gee this thread was quickly derailed by name calling, and poking fun at conspiracy theorists.

I wonder how much the NSA pays their disinfo agents to troll websites and just cause havoc. That'd be my ideal job.

So, you complain about the thread being taken off-topic by name calling...and then turn around and do it yourself in the very next sentence?

Classy.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
CNN noticed something interesting though..

Here is the map of where the event happened. It's very close to the airport which would explain why some might think it was an aircraft, they probably have low flying jets going by all day.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now this is the interesting part;

The hole in the ground from the explosion happened right in the street above. In 2007 you can see some road work was done. Now, this is a stretch... but.. maybe some road work caused a leak, and it just got worse over the years.

Oh dang, IAttackPeople beat me to it.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by illumin8ed

Star for you.

You pretty much nailed it. This shows you how quickly some folks jump to conclusions about planes being shot down or meteors crashing down. With a little research, these things can be debunked.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

Thank you for that photo!

Pacific Gyp & Extortion definitely has some explaining to do.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

If you look around that area, almost all the intersections have those white oval lines on them.

I believe they are created by street sweeper trucks.

If you look close, you can see the same white lines curving around parked cars. This is because the street sweeper trucks are sweeping the gutters along the curbs, and they have to drive around the car and back to the curb to clean the rest of the gutter.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join