It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge blast in San Bruno; neighborhood on fire

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by illumin8ed

Good catch. Well, I *tried* to get to the conspiracy angle. Crushed before it could even walk.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

An interesting thought. My only concern is that on street cleaning days for that area, Area 8 are on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month and July 30th, 2007 was the 5th Monday of that month. Also, the parking enforcement is a big deal here in the Bay Area and leaving your car out on a street cleaning day can land you a hefty fine.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

Are you seriously trying to debunk what I said? Then give me a better explanation for all the lines that go perfectly around parked cars, I'm sure you will fail.

I'm not claiming the streets were swept on the day the satellite image was taken. Those white lines are probably calcium stains from the build up of water over time from the street sweepers.

...and the rules against parking on the street during street sweeping days are nearly impossible to enforce. Most people just don't care.

What is your point? Are you trying to create a conspiracy out of nothing? Almost all the intersections in the area have those lines, they are nothing.

edit on 10-9-2010 by illumin8ed because: (no reason given)

This is how the lines were probably made by the street sweeper:

edit on 10-9-2010 by illumin8ed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Whoa, guy I'm just trying to find out all the facts and engage in some discussion. I'm not trying to outright debunk anyone, just making an observation that will follow me to a better understanding. Not meaning to offend in any way. Calm down now, it's only the Internet.

Thank you for the picture describing the possible route of the sweeper! After viewing it, the lines are most probably made by the sweepers.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Here's a link to pictures from SFGate showing the aftermath of the fires.

Aftermath

The picture showing the chimneys in a row is absolutely haunting. And one showing the crater.. WOW
Isn't there supposed to be a street there?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I live In San Jose California, which Is like an Hour south east from where this is taking place...

I have a couple of friends who live in San Bruno, they had been telling me for a couple month's now of random periods where they would smell an unknown source of gas...when I asked them if they had called PG&E to come out and check things out, they said that had been done...was told crews were looking into it...but no one was ever seen or sent to the area...

Looks like PG&E will be trying to cover this up like BP ...

It's getting really bad and this is not a good thing...

My prayers go out to the families in the affected area.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Sorry if I came off too strong... I didn't mean to.

I just can't find any other reason for those lines, let alone a reason to believe it is a conspiracy, and try to find reasons to debunk mundane explanations for it.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

This event is quickly becoming a more personal experience to me with the continual stream of information coming in about friends and family in the area. I'm trying my best not to attach myself to any one theory that comes along (thinking skills down the drain) but it's very hard to do when possible victims are the ones you know... After seeing the pictures of the devastation and feeling the knot in my stomach, it's a real downer that I know I should take a break from.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Thanks for that last link with the images. I can't believe the size of the crater - it certainly seems to cover more than just the street, using the people and vehicle for comparison.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Using a couple of those pictures, and Google Earth, I made these images that make it easier to see how the explosion effected surrounding homes:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

WOW!

Seeing that, I've gotta take a break from this.. Too much... All those families..

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
reply to post by sweetpeanc

There are reports of something from the sky.

I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find them. Do you mind share where you found reports of people seeing objects falling from the sky?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Roads, water mains, gas lines, powerlines, phone lines, TV cable, and a long list of etc. Americas infrastructures are very deteriorated and getting worse, The privately owned stuff doesn't get fixed because people don't wan't rate hikes, the publicly owned stuff doesn't get fixed because people don't want tax hikes. Like everything else that's going wrong in this country, it's all about the money.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
And while they don't put money into the infrastructure for the American people, they give several billion dollars a year of 'aid' to stinking rich Israel.

And this is the result.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Don't know how to shut it off?!

What?!

How about turning the valve off at the pumping station for starters!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
San Bruno Fire - Residents Tell How It Started (San Francisco Chronicle)

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2010/09/10/MNQ11FBN3G.DTL#ixzz0z9aLiv00

I'm not sure whether this article has already been posted on this thread, but it's an interesting collection of witness reports.

Looking at the photos I imagine the cost in human life and injuries will not be small. My heart goes out to everyone affected by the terrible disaster.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
My first post, longtime reader. I live in San Bruno about 3 min drive from this. Some longtime friends of the family lost their house. They barely made it out, and one of them suffered burns on the back of the head from running away. I really thought I heard what sounded like a jet flying real low and then a whistling sound like when a bomb is dropped in a cartoon and then KABOOM. The news reported it as a plane going down, but SFO said no commercial planes went down. There was some panic for a little bit before the news said it was a natural gas leak. Scariest sound I've ever heard. Peace.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The issue with people thinking the crater seems to prove an impact event of some sort, e.g., plane, UFO, meteorite or otherwise, is troubling. There are craters created by impact events and by explosives. Craters can form from explosions above, at or below the ground. Ever seen a crater from an underground nuclear explosion or a volcano? A crater does not mean it was an impact event. Here's a link where you can even calculate the crater size for explosions and impacts.

A few posters have brought up other specific gas line explosions as well as lists of the frequency of these explosions that also support this and seem to get passed over. As mentioned, the aging infrastructure, previous related issues with PS&E and the smell of gas in the area over the last couple of weeks certainly lend credence to it simply being a gas line explosion. There's a large diameter transmission gas line below the area that has potential for a lot of damage. I think I read somewhere that it's pressure was 900psi. The length of time the fire was obviously fueled and the mention by many of the whooshing sound also support it being a gas line explosion. I saw pictures of what supposedly was a part of the pipe when it initially blew apart.

Trying to relate it to an earthquake certainly makes sense given the area it's in. I had though the same and my initial reaction was to check for any but didn't see any listed on USGS at the time it happened. The lack of that could also possibly be used to help conclude an impact event or not as they often register, I believe. Someone posted a webicorder link to the presumed point of the explosion although I'm guessing it was a micro quake below what USGS would list. Maybe someone more knowledgeable could expand on this if any of it has any merit one way or the other.

I truly haven't seen enough corroborating information yet for me to think that this was anything but a gas line explosion.

edit on 9/10/2010 by Three_moons because: Removed reference and link to picture that changed

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Seems to be a trend, just not a Good one.
There Is a Reason, just not a Good one.
You know.
Next.....

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
My initial feeling about this when I read the first reports was one of suspicion. I have no opinion as to what may have caused this terrible explosion, and then after reading the discrepancy between the initial witness reports and the OS, this suspicion grew.

Now I have just read an article on
www.presstv.ir...
which says that Israeli jets have today bombed targets in the Gaza strip. I have not seen this reported on any other news site. Press TV news page also has links to other news items regarding Israel's activities regarding Gaza - one of which states yesterday Israel closed all border crossings to Gaza for four days.

I'm just posting this because I find it 'interesting' that the timing of the Israeli attacks and this terrible SF tragedy as well as the Koran burning hyped frenzy all coincide. Coincidence?

edit on 10-9-2010 by wcitizen because: one word added

edit on 10-9-2010 by wcitizen because: corrected link

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join