It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge blast in San Bruno; neighborhood on fire

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Here's a picture of the area affected from Google Maps.

The areas to the north and east of the A icon are the areas on fire.

If you'll notice, there's a San Bruno Fire Station located at the top left of the photo.

edit on 9/9/2010 by mistafaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I watched the video, and you can see gas shooting upward at a 45 degree angle, like a flamethrower. This combined with the high winds are going to cause massive damage unless they get their firefighting crews organized right away.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I've got a feeling there will be the wail of sirens lasting through the night..

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistafaz
I've got a feeling there will be the wail of sirens lasting through the night..

Relatives report many firetrucks and helicopters that are dropping the red fire retardant.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Looking at the Google map - so many homes and it doesn't look like it would be that easy for a lot of people to leave the area all at once. Have you heard if the entire area has been evacuated I heard on CNN that at least 6 are in ICU at the hosital and that their are walking injured.

edit on 9-9-2010 by crazydaisy because: typo

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

Has anyone heard of any fatalities? I would be shocked if no one died. Then again, they probably won't figure that out for another day or so until the place cools off enough for investigators to go through the wreckage.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
TV is reporting right now that 911 calls were made of people trapped inside their homes... My stomach turned when I heard that..

Multiple severe burn patients are arriving at local hospitals. Blood Centers of the Pacific are requesting blood donations for the wounded. I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
CALFIRE radio net is saying that fire units are responding from as far away as Sacramento.

Over 60 homes burned and spreading. And they are asking for air tankers.

Gas service may be off for a large part of San Fransisco tomorrow

edit on 9-9-2010 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
double post

edit on 9-9-2010 by ANNED because: double post

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I wish the CNN link had audio, but can clearly see several hotter areas that are burning at least 100 feet up in the air. When the cam pulls back for a wide shot, you can see flashing lights from the fire trucks around some spots of the perimeter of the fire, but the center parts look like solid walls of flame.

My heart goes out to anyone in that area. The live cams are completely shocking. Good luck to those in the area, and if they say to get out, do so. I have been watching the Boulder fires a lot, and the city has given good advice to those nearby. Turn and park your car so that if you have to get out, you are already pointing in the right direction. If you are on medications, keep it close to you. Don't wait if they say go.

Stay safe!!!

www.cnn.com...

edit on 9-9-2010 by lasertaglover because: spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Here's a picture off my TV. The box in the bottom left corner is from what the news said is used by contractors to see where lines are before construction. Those lines aren't normal natural gas lines, the news is reporting that they are the heavy duty kind of lines.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Looking at the Google map - so many homes and it doesn't look like it would be that easy for a lot of people to leave the area all at once. Have you heard if the entire area has been evacuated I heard on CNN that at least 6 are in ICU at the hosital and that their are walking injured.

edit on 9-9-2010 by crazydaisy because: typo

You're correct.

Like many Bay Area neigborhoods, the houses in San Bruno are packed together on narrow, winding streets. This area is basically on a ridge about 800 feet above the Pacific coast with strong westerly winds. Another factor in that area are the many Eucalyptus trees, which can burn like torches due to the natural Eucalyptus oil they contain.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Prayers and thoughts go out to the families involved in the very sad event.....

To the thing I like to know that wasnt their a ton of fires in Detroit a couple of days ago which I am not for sure the cause of those fires in Detroit.

I just find it weird there was a a lot of fires in Detroit and now this big fire event near San Francisco. What's going on in this country?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
My very first thought after reading the description was also a meteor strike. That would explain the sound and, depending on the tragectory, the object might have come in so fast noone would have seen it.

What happened to those two meteors that were passing between the earth and the moon this week?

Best wishes to those trapped in this catastrophy.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Jesus!

My heart goes out to all those affected.

Skitz

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Unbelievable live coverage on all our local channels. Dozens of homes just burned to the ground - I think the death toll is going be high.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Why isn't this all over the news stations yet??!! This is horrifying news. My prayers & thoughts are with the people there...Take care & stay safe!!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I can't find this news on any main news channel! Nor on CNN or BBC, what is going on?

Only on local media?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

It's funny that I keep reading posts about a meteor strike because the news keeps referring to the site as a crater. I've heard of gas lines going off and can't say I've ever heard the epicenter of the explosion described as a crater.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join