It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE TROLL LIST

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

After the last few weeks of threads I guess we are all a bit weary of the bipartisan warring that has been so passionately involved in so many threads. It's easy to lose sight of the fact that, when it's all said and done, we all desire, basically, the same things!

I know I am tired of it, and think it is possible to have a meaningful conversation with out being ridiculed, it got to the point I would not read certain posters because it hurt, it was gut wrenching,

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

LOL, not him again

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Do you consider bullies and trolls the same thing?
two

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I understand Storm. I got sick of it a long time ago. That's why I try to interject humor in threads like that. Some get it, some don't.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
it's basically just a matter of perception.
around here i'm just another joe blow.
on another board i visit, i'm the conspiracy theory tinfoil hat nutjob troll.

link   
reply to post by Lysergic

AAHHHhhhh!

You made me Ink!

I wasn't aware that one could sign up for trollism here at ATS.
Did I miss another memo?

link   

Android doesn't anger, nor does he engage in actual combat, rather he will merely point out the logical inconsistencies of other Warriors. Irony and sarcasm are completely lost on Android, and being impossible to insult or injure in any way, he is invulnerable to conventional attack. If, for example, someone were to call him a pinhead, he would get out a tape measure and after finding that his cranium falls within normal size specifications Android would dismiss the comment as erroneous. Android's circuits are not equipped to process ambiguous or aesthetic input, consequently any extensive discussion involving personal feelings, intuition, art and metaphorical allusions will quickly drive Android from the field of battle.

just one example

massive list already done for you.
Welcome 2 the intarweb.

ph34r ALL CAPS!

ALLCAPS attempts to compensate for his limited rhetorical weaponry through the extravagant use of capitalized words - something netizens refer to as SHOUTING. Sure, a sprinkling of capitalized words can add some zip to a thrust, but they should be used sparingly. Even worse from a tactical point of view, too much shouting alerts other Warriors to the opponent's verbal WEAKNESS and emotional EXCITABILITY.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

This is a tough undertaking in fact I believe you cannot encompass everything that needs to be said.
1. Idiots who knows what an idiot is?
If they think differently than you do, are they an idiot? If they prescribe to the unpopular theory are they an idiot? Columbus believed in the unpopular theory too you know. The word Idiot is a hard word to nail down.
2. Government agents these are the easy ones to spot right? As they think differently and believe the popular and or unpopular theory. Hmmm sounds like you, and me and the next guy to post under me and the guy above.
3. Promo trolls, ok so if they come on and say “Hey check out my gold buying site, I have the best prices evaar”!! troll yes. As far as damage control goes if someone came and told me “He is not a crock he is the real thing, only sells gold at discount to Patriots”! If I believe it I deserve the consequences.
4. Social engineers these people try to wake us up to their ideas and ways of thinking? Wake up to my idea, sound familiar? Mmmmhm.
5. Writers, these people research and convey their info to us not to help us but them?
Win, win situation if you ask me if a person gives me information and I learn nothing, I am the loser there because of my ignorance.

As far as whats right,what is wrong and what is missing, I say everything.
I say tomato you say tomato, darn!!! That never works out in print!!
So I believe we all are all of these things but this thread I think you did for reason #5
Although a troll will come along and claim 1-4 for you I am sure.
Hope this helps, or do I?......

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Do you consider bullies and trolls the same thing?
two

From my perspective trolls bully, but not in an emotional way. They dissect words and rob them of their original context. After awhile it just gets so confusing that the entire original debate is sidetracked to the point of never actually getting resolved.

But maybe that's just my experience.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I understand Storm. I got sick of it a long time ago. That's why I try to interject humor in threads like that. Some get it, some don't.

Yea, I try to do that sometimes, usually it don't work, lol

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Trolls are like turds we all know one when we see one.

...Not so sure about that.

I do not understand why writer is on a troll list.

Writer Trolls can act stupid and be argumentative - just to get people talking, arguing, and keep posting. (= more 'material')

BUT - unlike the Trolls who are here to manipulate our thinking or consumption - the "Writer Troll" is actually benign, even when acting like an a-hole.

This FORUM is called "Deconstructing Disinformation" - that's why I put this thread here.

Most information on deconstruction, disinformation, propaganda and the like - aka mass manipulation and marketing - has to do with print, film and TV - NOT the Internet.

...I'm hoping members recognize that "Internet Trolling" is one of THE hot new job titles - right up there with "Gamer" - and that we need to develop our awareness of this phenomenon in the absence of 'academic documentation.'

So far, members seem to assume that the professional trolls are all government agents. My main point is - they're not.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Ah but today we have Troll Fighters. They work. On the same principle as Foo Fighters.

You mean "foo" in the manner of preventing direction of artillery and close air support?

C'mon, admit it, when was the last time you were overcome by Foo? It works.

The last time it all went FOO-BAR.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You all have to love trolling every once in a while though.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

They dissect words and rob them of their original context. After awhile it just gets so confusing that the entire original debate is sidetracked to the point of never actually getting resolved.

That is an important point you made, yes, sidetracked, if someone post a good point diametrical opposed to someone else point of view , the underdog on the topic gets bullied and the point, no matter how plausible, disappears in the BS that ensues.

Sometimes I think they do this to bury the other points of view perhaps because they had some merit.

But let's be honest, we all want others to see our point, I do,

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

......What's right, wrong, missing?

Missing.

6. Trollologists:
a) Add to the already extensive and redundant base of trollnalyses.
b) Were probably unable to properly handle a troll in the recent past and their pride is dented.

But help me out here, please! This thread is NOT about your run-of-the-mill pain-in-the-butt Idiot Troll. ...I'm trying to investigate a new phenomenon.

In my post above, I clarify:

This FORUM is called "Deconstructing Disinformation" - that's why I put this thread here.

Most information on deconstruction, disinformation, propaganda and the like - aka mass manipulation and marketing - has to do with print, film and TV - NOT the Internet.

...I'm hoping members recognize that "Internet Trolling" is one of THE hot new job titles - right up there with "Gamer" - and that we need to develop our awareness of this phenomenon in the absence of 'academic documentation.'

So far, members seem to assume that the professional trolls are all government agents. My main point is - they're not.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I don't think that at all,

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Trolls are like turds we all know one when we see one.

I do not understand why writer is on a troll list. But anyone can make a list.

Writers are provocateurs, not trolls...

You see?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
in this thread: paranoid/delusional people claim that anyone who has a different opinion than themselves is a disinfo agent/troll/etc.

In other news, it's still sad that people can't cope with the fact that not everyone shares their particular views.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Conqueror of Seth]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
A troll also likes to (con)troll ....He causes conflict and tries to keep the conflict alive....and can suddently be gone.......to an other easy target to cause conflict...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join