It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama backs mosque near ground zero

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

Secondly it does not shock me that every Marxist, Especially the self admitted "jerk" who uses it as his Avatar, would do everything possible to agree with every post that could possibly tear this country down. It is their past goal, their current goal, and will remain their future goal. The last thing on this planet Marxists want is freedom for their people. They will always agree that big government in control is a good thing, that is what in-fact makes them "marxists". The rest of the ultra libs, have been so brainwashed by these people, ever since a former Soviet Dictator, Khrushchev, banged his shoe on the podium swearing to the U.S. "We will get you through your children". Props to him for being correct and doing a damn good job following through. America is based on the principle of "Freedom". I know it drives every other county mad, So be it. I am a free American, If you dare to take my freedoms away you will be fought by the most ferocious, aggressive, motivated group of "free people" that you have ever seen. No I will not give up on my country, and I will always stand on the principals of myself and my forefathers, who couldn't even imagine the freedoms we currently have.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

I'm not even sure why this is an issue. We have freedom of religion here, this is no reason to deny that right.

Deny the right, and you might regret it later.

NO one is Denying you your right to practice your religion.
WE just DONT WANT the mosque BUILT at that Vicinity, GET it?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer

Actually, they are protesting mosques all over the country now so that tosses that excuse right out the window. Thanks Tea Party!

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74

You Either believe in America from our foundation or you do not. If not, If you are unwilling to back America when a foreign entity wants to stick this Mosque in our face and make us "smell" it. You are not a Loyal American, and I would ask you to leave.

Well put. You either believe in America's values, principles, and laws, and you back them, as the president did, or you don't.

It is just your impression and opinion the someone wants you to smell it. That's classic projection probably. So along these lines, question for you...how do you think people in Iraq feel about the billion dollar US embassy in Baghdad? Ever think that might smell to them?

Asking other Americans to leave simply because they don't agree with you or you with them is the lowest of the low. Are you seriously not embarrassed to even type those words?

[edit on 8/14/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

maybe i will convert to islam so you will leave me alone....

cause we all know how you cant speak ill of islam.

bye for now changing the station cause im tired of the same ol song

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

But that's denying them their right to practice their religion.

It's their land. It is within regulations. It was approved.

Get it?

Do you people over look that there are several mosques in the vicinity as is, and have been there longer than the WTC?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Bye Neo, Nice to see an American back up the principles of America Occasionally.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

maybe i will convert to islam so you will leave me alone....

Why do you respond to me yet refuse to answer any of my questions? What is the point? Do you know how to have a "discussion?" Do you know how a conversation works. So far, I ask you something and you respond with some kind of weird crap about religion and devil worship and whatever. Why bother?

cause we all know how you cant speak ill of islam.

Speak ill all you like. I do not understand why you think my stance would be any different if this were a church. It is not about Islam. It is about America. America is great because it is too strong to cower in fear from 19 nutjobs. America is great because it enables people of all religions to live freely, worship freely, and still live peacefully together. America is great because it is more tolerant than many other places. In fact, I hear we are in some of those places right now with guns, making them more tolerant like us. That is what this is about. I could care less what religion it was. If it was 19 mormons that flew those planes into the buildings and they wanted to build a temple there, so be it. You are the one obsessed with Islam, not me. I am just worried about the freedoms that were supposed to make this country worth bragging about.

bye for now changing the station cause im tired of the same ol song

Sucks when everything you say turns out to be wrong doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae
Actually, they are protesting mosques all over the country now so that tosses that excuse right out the window. Thanks Tea Party!

I AM talking specifically about the one in NEW YORK aka GROUND ZERO!!

THEY can protest whatever they want. And WHAT excuse?

I am TELLING YOU there will NOT BE BUILDING A MOSQUE at the vicinity of GROUND ZERO!!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I won't be silent on issues like this because you bigots need to be stopped. I hope that the rest of this site finally figures out what you people are all about and figures out that there is no room for bigotry here.
Oh you won't be silent all right. Your nasty sex comment directed at a memebr's wife was heard LOUD and CLEAR. What is worse, a bigot or a pervert who posts about sex acts in inappropriate places (appropriate place to post nasty sex comment=4chan).

Expressing an opinion against the mosque does not = suppresion of rights.

And it certainly did not warrant your trip down Penthouse lane.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Hey Lucidity I agree with you on the "laws" part, just not on the principle part. Are you telling me this doesn't smell fishy to you at all? There is no basis for the $100,000,000 funding of this? Can you come up with another project of this size, where the funding was not available for public scrutiny? The Imam is very careful not to even discuss terrorism. Why put it on this site specifically, and who is funding it? That's all I ask? Yet they won't budge on releasing that most basic information. You don't question this? Even considering how divisional this is?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
But that's denying them their right to practice their religion.

It's their land. It is within regulations. It was approved.

Get it?

Do you people over look that there are several mosques in the vicinity as is, and have been there longer than the WTC?

That is NOT DENYing them their right to freely practice their religion.

AND.

If there are Already SEVERAL MOSQUES in the VICINITY, WHY build another one??!!

to sh*t on the graves and memories of those who were mercilessly KILLED in 9/11?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I mean seriously, A HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS, comes out of nowhere, at least nowhere they are willing to disclose, to build a Mosque on top of the graves of 3,000 Americans, and Americans are willing to support this?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

They are working with the US treasury to make sure they don't get funds from any of the groups on the treasuries lists..

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Ok I want a copy of that one. Did that really happen?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer

When you make unfounded accusations against a person or a group, be prepared to defend yourself. Like with a linky thing to proof that the TPM "are protesting mosques all over the country now".

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74

Hey Lucidity I agree with you on the "laws" part, just not on the principle part. Are you telling me this doesn't smell fishy to you at all? There is no basis for the $100,000,000 funding of this? Can you come up with another project of this size, where the funding was not available for public scrutiny? The Imam is very careful not to even discuss terrorism. Why put it on this site specifically, and who is funding it? That's all I ask? Yet they won't budge on releasing that most basic information. You don't question this? Even considering how divisional this is?

Well, there is no funding yet. I say worry about that when it happens, and consider that one good thing to come of this attention is that they know they're under great scrutiny, so that alleviates a lot of the fears and arguments right there.

The imam works with the State Department and the FBI, so I'm pretty sure he's been thoroughly vetted. I'm sure too that the developers and the imam are well aware they will always be under a high level of scrutiny. No danger on that front.

These, and ost of the talking points by those opposed to the Islamic center being built in lower Manhattan seem to be based on rumor and post hoc rationalizing that took off like wildfire.The opening/groundbreaking date? Unfounded rumor. Even the issue with the name Cordoba is a stretch...to have to go back almost 1400 years in history to pull that one out? Sharia law? Do we really have so little faith in our laws that we don't believe they can withstand this like they have other religious laws from creeping in?

Also...they have "budged" on the issue of funding...in fact they never fudged...because there simply wasn't any yet. You might be interested in this CNN radio interview on this topic religion.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
There is one good thing happening here with Obama supporting this project...he is showing his true nature to the world and uniting all of us who are waking up to the truth concerning the danger he poses to our nation.

I only hope come election day...America will remember...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by jibeho
First Obama said he would stay out of the process! Now he gives the glowing thumbs up.

and now, today,

“I was not commenting and I will not comment on the wisdom of making the decision to put a mosque there,” Obama

Read more: www.politico.com...

Democrats are livid.

No vote for YOU!, lol

[edit on 043131p://bSaturday2010 by Stormdancer777]
Typical politican, they should call it the Waffle House not the White House.

Thank you for bringing this to light.

However, I believe he intended to cause the public outcry, and intended with the first and preplanned waffle second statement, to keep this issue in the National eye, for a reason.

That reason is the Terror Gravy Train makes rich rich men and women in Washington, and unfortunately, there are a lot of American sheep who fall for this ploy.

None of the politicos could care less about this mosque, they are doing what pols have done since time began, and that is using a hot topic issue to their own advantage.

And the ploy still works, this is now getting national attention and it is not only keeping the TERROR TRAIN chugging along it is DIVIDING as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I appreciate the info, Thank you. It shocked me as well that the Imam was a state rep. Who the hell is funding this? Is it our own government, or people connected? Does this keep this scenario going? Or will none be happy till the next major attack, that we all ignored the possibilities of? Their are so many government and world games being played right now it could make the head spin. I consider this one to be a test of American resolve, and I think they're willing to bet we fail. They are looking for true resistance. Not words, those that will be physicall. Because I hate to say it, the world powers who want to control us, will not do it through words, they will do it physically. They will go after us first, because we will be the most difficult. If they can take down the U.S. everyone else will be easy. You say what about China, Korea, India, Pakistan, all the big countries? Got to tell you, the second amendment, makes us one of the less likely countries to be invaded. "Just try to take over Texas" it would be bad. Though taking over China, where only the controlling communist government/ military are armed, would be far less difficult. They will do it through legal channels, long before they do an all out world assault. But they will be running many, many tests. Specifically on America and Australia. Keep an eye out.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join