It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the US successfully invade Canada?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Moot point. Other large countries like us for different reasons.

China has big energy business dealings with us, they wouldn't let that be threatened

www.cbc.ca...
www.financialpost.com...

Russia likes us, we give them a challenge on their hockey, and we are like their cold weather buddies. No one else understands their cold weather woes like Canada.

As well, there is too much trade and business between the US and Canada, Canadian owned US companies, US owned Canadian companies. A LOT of US owned Canadian companies, OMG they've already taken over

We are way too tangled together already, although I do remember George Bush Jr threatening us over not wanting to go to Iraq, but we all know he sits on his brains anyways, so he wasn't taken too seriously.

I remember back when we had Chretien in government, he threatened to cut off oil over the free trade lumber squabble. But we just agree to disagree on issues, like families do.

edit to add: I forgot all about the commonwealth, sorry Brits, didn't mean to leave you out. All of our land, military, and resources are actually owned first by the Queen, and then shared (leased to?) with us and our investors.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
That scene makes me panic, cmon where is starbucks? walmart? a phone booth perhaps? and I think I see a bear running by that tree in the background; this is a nightmare to us city folk... now Wall Street at noon is relaxing

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
"They're not even a real country anyway."

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
if canada was invaded the world wouldnt look very kindly on that, canada is seen as the peacekeepers and if america invades a peacekeepers home, then most likely the british and thier allies would stand against the tyanny of america.

Plus people here in canada would get real desperate and fight tooth and nail (but really we are armed to the teeth) when a peoples home is threatened they find new and exicting ways to find salvation.

Overall it would be a bad public image for america (its image looks like # already) so they wouldnt try to make it worse

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
i am surprised no one brought up NORAD, Joint US / Canadian military agency created to manage one of the worlds most heavily guarded regions.

There cannot be a surprise air attack on Canada due to this umbrella extending over the earths northern hemisphere. A surprise Air attack is out of the question. Norad also conducts regular and routine marine surveillance of the same geography, so a submarine is not going to be popping up to launch anywhere in this region...its not going to be as easy as people seem to think.

Land invasion is all that is left, as pointed out will not occur in Winter. All that is left is a surprise land invasion...which would certainly enter Canada to only get bogged down at the first snows. Russia and Britain have been pointed out as the likely supporters of Canada should the USA be foolish enough to invade its northern partner.

A likely scenario would involve destruction of NORAD allowing Russian response in form of heavy conventional weaponry striking Key targets in North and West, with Britain hitting eastern seaboard targets. Results would force the US to sue for peace, and pay war reparations.

Arrogance is how most empires fall.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well, I cannot really imagine a plausible scenario at this point in which we would want or need to invade Canada. But if we did, I am sure they would be more than capable of putting up one hell of a fight.

It would not be easy, to say the least. I am not sure if we could do it successfully or not....

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I've read this more than once on the board that it would be relatively easy for the US to invade and take over Canada. In a few hours some say. First off what would the motivation be? Well our natural resources of course. Oil, gas, water, etc. Do you think it would be that easy?

Canada is as well armed on a personal level as the States. We love our guns, we just don't go ape# over them. Think it would be easy? How did Viet Nam go? Iraq? Afghanistan? Now consider an enemy that looks like you. Speaks like you and acts like you do. Think it would be easy? You can't win a war of attrition against those that you can identify. What about an enemy that you CAN'T identify?

You want to talk terrorism? Hell, Jim Carrey could probably walk into the White house and blow the mother up. You see where I'm coming from. What aboot Mike from Canmore(regular guy). You going to stop him on the Saskatchewan or the Manitoban boarder? Plenty of easy ways to get into the States. Good luck DHS.

Is this going to happen or even likely to happen? Hell no. This is just for some that think this would be an easy go. It wouldn't be. You thought Viet Nam was tough? Iraq? Afghanistan? Try an enemy on your boarder that you can't identify. Badda BOOM. You'd be out within 2 years. You couldn't sustain what the Canadians could mount. Covertly. Yes, we could be easily run over by the US military machine but that's just the beginning. Try to hold it. We'd burn the WH down again.

As I said, this isn't for the average American. It's for the unthinking that see us as the "little brother". We're not. We don't need the US to protect us, we can take care of ourselves. Don't think so? Attack. It'll be your death knell.

VERY WELL SAID!!!!

Also we Canadians KNOW the USA very well, we know there weak spot AND know what to take down!!! Cut the head and the rest falls!!

As for Americans, they still think we live in igloos! it gives you a good idea of there IQ level and knowledge of who we are, if they do invade they would probably roll trough Canada all the was up to the Arctic and start shooting at the Eskimos... to just come back home and see there country taken over by..... We the Canadians!!! LOL

It would be sweet event since we would probably win and get the US as a spoil of war........ hmmmmmm.....

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Moonguy]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

There are a good amount of topless beaches in canada, ever been to BC or the Maritimes? oh boy

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
canada is like that little spider web in the corner on your ceiling. you know it's there, it shouldn't be there, but you really do not care either way. you know you can get rid of it anytime you want but you just don't want to get out of your coach on your day off. you can throw your fruity pebbles at it and it would disappear, but you really do not care about it. so, canadian, nobody really gives a damn about you and your country.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

No worries. Afghanistan has more wealth, and besides, the jews don't like them, so we're spreading 'democracy' over there. Why would America pick a fight up in Canada? Has anything been mentioned on the telescreens about a Canada assault?

link   
For the sake of it...

Last time US tried to invade Canada it was in 1812. The war lasted two years before peace was declared. And just like then, declaring war on Canada is declaring war on British Commonwealth. It would end up being a war of US against NATO... not likely to happen anyway. Plus we have that cold thing called winter...

US could thoerically bombard Canada to oblivion, but it will never gain the hearts of Canadians. Our country is far from perfect, but we have a great standard of living, do not have to worry about health care insurance, and we make big bucks selling you our oil. Peace it is, peace it will be.

link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Americans like you need to get the reality knocked back into them. Americ has tried twice to invade canada and lost both times, Canada is a huge country and there are lots of places to hide, do guerilla attacks, your military does not know our landscape, it would be like vietnam all over again. And also Americans like you need to realize america is no longer the most powerful country in the world. That would be china

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
As a Canadain........ I am tired of seeing threads like this!!! Just makes me mad!! I understand that you probably wanted to see what kind of reactions you would get from our freindly ATSers, but seriously........ I dunno about everyone else..... BUT I AM TIRED OF WARS!!!! I AM TIRED OF SEEING WHO WANTS TO CONTROL THE WORLS'S OIL!!!!

I just think this would be the most dumbest things ever! Please, do not post these things again! I would rather sit down with my nieghbor to the south drink beer, smoke a fatty, talk about stupid things, have a good laugh and the only time we should fight........ Should be done on a hockey rink!!!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I still stand by my theory that the OP has been watching a certain animated movie too much

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDebunkMachine
reply to post by DOADOA

Americans like you need to get the reality knocked back into them. Americ has tried twice to invade canada and lost both times, Canada is a huge country and there are lots of places to hide, do guerilla attacks, your military does not know our landscape, it would be like vietnam all over again. And also Americans like you need to realize america is no longer the most powerful country in the world. That would be china

we've never "tried" to invade you. your land was in our way so we just stepped all over it. we could of made your country a part of ours, but we chose not to.

yes, canada is a large country with lots of places to hide and i recommend you do just that. don't try none of that jungle warfare on us. some can do it, you just can't.

we were and still is the most powerful country in the world. china? please, they can't make a toaster that actually toast the bread. without us buying, they can't sell. they can't beat a third world country who was fighting a two front war, what made you think they can beat THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Canada is a Commonwealth nation with the queen as the head of state. Special relationship or not, the UK would be duty to defend them. I gotta admit it would be pretty funny to watch RAF Typhoons making bombing runs on US targets...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

It's been tried before, didn't happen last time. But I have no use for politicans anyway so I wouldn't be suprised if Harper didn't help with the takeover.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEmattyj
"They're not even a real country anyway."

I've heard this sentiment expressed a number of times across the boards over a span of years and related topics. I've always wanted to understand what was meant by this. Exactly why wouldn't Canada be a real country?

Is this an attempt at humor? If it is ... it is a poor one.
Is this an effort to express some sort of "secret" jurisdictional law ? .... if it is , I'd like to know more.

As an American who has lived in Canada for over twenty-five years, I can certainly attest to the fact that Canada is a REAL COUNTRY. Furthermore, it is a country that has governed itself responsibly. If anyone would take the trouble to study this country, they would quickly discover that Canada has repeatedly been among the top best nations in the world in which to live, according to the UN.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

You can say we can get invaded easily and we will lose, but there is not a chance in hell that American beer is better then Canadian beer.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join