It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the US successfully invade Canada?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

If there is anything every war since (and even including) WWII has shown us, it is that actually maintaining control of a country is impossible if there is any form of national resistance.

Maybe if we just took the cities we would have better luck, but i really don't think so.

Now that being said, I love you Canada! If we ever invade you guys we will probably deserve to get our butts kicked. Not to mention you have Geddy Lee on your side, that guy scares the hell outta me!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Actually, the U.S. invasion of Canada would not happen militarily as many would think.

It would happen politically and we would annex your provinces into states of ours. Our corporations have already moved in, it is just a matter of time before they get to all of your politicians just as they have slithered and leeched on to ours. You Canucks with guns out in the freezing boondocks will have little say when your politicians hand your land over to us with popular support. That’s right, most of the Canadians will think joining the U.S. will be a good thing.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Bring it on America! We got 100,000 snipers in the mountains of Alberta and B.C. and their code name is "tha beavers" What you never heard of them? That's because we keep them secret from you and the rest of the world! Don't even think about invading the west.....we will take all your troops out. Oh yah, you know that invisibility armor that you see in the predators movies......we invented that and all 100,000 of our troops have that stuff going on. It also doesn't show up on thermal or any other conventional detection devices! Also guess what, we have over 50,000 sleeper agent in key positions in your government/sports/actors/work forces/ect just waiting for word for us to pull your plug! HAHAHAHAHA!

I was also asked once, "how do you cripple a country?" Well you put key figures in infrastructure. Like trucking/taxi/grocery/gas stations/ect. Then when the time is right you declair operation "burn it down" which is when anything connected is SHUT DOWN! no more goods/gas/transportation! YOU ARE DONE, prepair to starve! hahahahaha!

next time you think about it, think about the fact in who is running your gas/grocery/transportation.......and then think about what would happen if this was all taken away from you? ever looked up the word JIHAD? think about it, it's not just happening in Canada, but in the USA as well.

link   

Originally posted by thecause

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Let's not bring sex into this.
Why the hell would America want to invade Canada anyway?

thats a good question the us has bigger fish to fry like invisible oil and stuff in the gulf the world is looking like a place i wouldn't wanna bring my kids up in too much greed hate and lies

Not sure, but i wouldn't do any shooting when having something like this outside my kitchen window. Simply beautiful.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/6c00c47ad9987fd2.jpg[/atsimg]
Photo of an iceberg and the coastal village of St Julien's on the Northern Peninsula, Newfoundland, Canada.
www.hickerphoto.com...

[edit on 14-8-2010 by tristar]

link   
I believe this entire thread is poison. I understand the OP may be a very nationalistic and patriotic individual, but all this thread is doing, is provoking anger, pride, among other things. All I've read on this thread are replies stating how Americans are just terrible, or how Canada doesn't stand a chance, or how America doesn't stand a chance. It's just all irrelevant. I see this thread as a place where angry people can come and spew out racist banter against both Canadians and Americans. It's ridiculous. ATS shouldn't be a place for that. Take it to a forum that cares. We're not here to argue on whether or not America is capable of this or that, or if Canada can stand its ground. That's a worthless, and laughable debate. Even if it's hypothetical, the sense I got from the OP was a bit too serious to be just "hypothetical".

It's threads like this that make me wonder where people's heads are at. Putrid, in my opinion. Go post a real thread.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

What a beautiful iceberg. Someone should capture it for it's fresh water. Somewhere in the US it's probably needed more than here. We have lots of snow, and expecting lots this winter. Call it a gesture of good will. We could do that with a couple of floating icebergs I'm sure.

Think it'll calm down the fighters on this thread? We're a family, and some of the posters are starting to sound like my inlaws now

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
if canada and the usa went to war it would most certainly be the worst war imaginable
how would you ever know who was really your enemy without no real way of telling who they are
we look the same we talk the same we act the same
all the people whose families are spread out in each others countries
it would be hell on earth it wouldnt be so much a war of countries but more of a war between brothers and if it started it would probably be the end of all of north america for that matter most of the world

on a larger scale it would be even worse our countries truly have the best relationship that 2 countries can have if canada and the usa go to war it would end that

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dean007

we look the same we talk the same we act the same

Quite easy, look what canadians look like!

For the record, I am canadian and like funny things!

[edit on 14-8-2010 by gagol]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Um, I understand your point and all...but, that same thing happens here.

Americans don't stand up and fight against the police. There are a small minority of people who do, but usually, they are die hard criminals who don't care anyway so it doesn't matter to them if they kill a cop or an old lady.

Regardless, we have police abusing their authority all over the U.S. and nothing ever happens as a result. We seem to expect that the same justice system which employs these officers are going to be the same justice system that will punish them for their wrongdoings. OOPS. Doesn't really work that way, does it?

Case in point: If the article was actually valid, we had a bunch of gung ho militia boys that were going to "Exterminate the Zetas at the border." And then a couple days later, the Zetas took over two ranches in Texas without so much as a hiccup from those really tough militia boys. (This is assuming that the article was credible.) If that's the case...you could argue the same thing about the United States citizens. They do NOTHING. They've become domesticated, pacified, and loyal slaves to a system which enforces a form of voluntary slavery that we simply call "Work." And usually, if you're working all day, you don't have enough WILL to do anything other than go home, watch television, sit on your computer, and complain about how corrupt the government and the world has become.

Americans don't do anything whatsoever to stand up for themselves, and I think the last great "attempt" to stand against the government was made by a "CULT," at least, that's what the government called them. What were their names again? "The Branch Davidians."

In this country, when you stand up to speak your mind, you're labeled crazy and if that doesn't stick, they'll make up something that will. And then EVERYONE believes it because its RIGHT THERE IN PRINT...So, for all intensive purposes, "IT MUST BE REAL."

So what happens is this...the American Government doesn't usually even have to do ANYTHING whatsoever to those who think outside of the box, because society at large will punish them and knock them down to the point where fear of ostracization moves them right back into the tidy little herd before something like what happened at the G20 even occurs. We are FAR more domesticated than the Canadians as a people. At least they actually TOOK a stand.

Our Tea Partiers are a joke. Not because they are doing anything wrong or that their ideals are misplaced (some are), but, because the media has done such a good job to make them appear as fringe lunatics that any impact that they COULD have had has been ripped right out from underneath them, and so far, I haven't seen them influence ANYTHING worthy of changing the current direction. And, by the time the government gets through infiltrating them, the tea partiers will ultimately end up supporting someone who was planted within them to run their organization so that the two party system will stay on course and the illusion stays intact (we're all a bunch of fools). And then, as a consequence, we end up going right back to the same divide and conquer routine that focuses on separation and partisanship.

There's already enough polarization within our own country to keep us busy forever. What makes you think that we'd have the solidarity to fight the Canadians when we are all too busy fighting against ourselves?

Black vs White. Rich vs Poor. Hispanic vs Black. White vs Hispanic. Christian vs Muslim. Christian vs Christian. Democrat vs Republican. Conservative vs liberal. Pro Choice vs Pro Life. Arizona vs California. Illegal Immigrants vs the Separatist. Christian vs Atheist. UFO believer vs the skeptic. Debunker vs Believer. Left vs Right. Citizen vs Convict.

As long as these values in America persist, we couldn't fight and win a war against anyone, which is the reason why we are currently in two wars that we HAVE NOT WON. Our military is stretched to the Max. Obama is trying to create his Obama youth movement to boost military involvement. There are elements within the government trying to re-create the draft. Obama has also created his version of the Gestapo where citizens will act as the military which will create further division and a rift of the citizen vs the State.

We are at war with ourselves and we're not even aware of it. And consequently, who's winning that war??? Ahhh yes, that's right. The guys that continue to profit off of it. We are being jailed in higher numbers than ever before. We have 3% of the world's population and 30% of the world's prison population. Its to the point where they make GREAT money by gluing the American taxpayer to the system. Most people within the prison system now are NON-VIOLENT OFFENDERS. That means...you and me. And more and more laws are created to ensure that you have less and less rights which gives them greater control and several new reasons to consider you a (jail-able) resource. Its profit vs the citizen. And who do you think will win that war?
All sources provided in the article are valid. Many sources are from government sites and research:
drugwarfacts.org.../62

We are so screwed that we have absolutely no idea who the real enemy is, which is the very reason a thread like this could even exist.

So, I would assume that we might want to leave the whole idea of America going to war with Canada out of our imaginations for the time being until we can first get along as equal and respected citizens and create solidarity amongst ourselves. And, I would suspect that the day that this happens, we will have evolved enough past the idea of postulating war with fellow brothers and sisters from other countries and continents.

Just a thought.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute

I think I put it nicely on another post. If America started just after breakfast they should have "mission accomplished" by lunch.

Is this sarcasm? I mean, would you REALLY use that term? I'm American and I never want to hear "mission accomplished" again. And the fact that its largely a wasteland is precisely what would make things really, really hard.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ManWithGrace89

You better watch out, after we take Canada we'll conquer Alaska.

My grandpa conquered a French Canadian, thus, me.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Man, we've got some serious reading comprehension here. The OP isn't "Should the US..." or "Would the US..." It's "COULD the US..." And it wasn't aimed at most people. It's aimed at people like:

Originally posted by DOADOA

Originally posted by TheDebunkMachine
reply to post by DOADOA

THis is ignorance at its finest. You didnt choose to save us 2 years into the war. You were being stomped on and realized that you wouldnt win, so you signed a peace treaty

not by canadians, by britain. canadians were hiding in log cabins while the british did all the fighting. do canada even have a military? why speak of war when you do not have a military?

canada is like the US little brother with down-syndrome, britian being your mother.

Those without a brain.

Keep up the insults folks. I've been called worse than "Putrid" in my 6 years as a staffer.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You mean you started your thread to educate people who wants to hear nothing else than "We're the best and we'll kick your ass" ?

It is a nice try but those are stuborn and wants nothing else than confirm their own preconceived opinions by spreading their misconceptions around. Remember those stupid kids in high-school? That is their level of comprehension.

The gesture is noble but the goal impossible to attain.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well I am Canadian and I am probably more armed than 90% of Americans. I recieved my fire arms safety when I was 16 and have been collecting since then. I have cases (not boxes) of ammo for all of my guns, which aren't shotguns, or 9mm pistols. I am all about semi auto and automatics. I moose hunt with my crossbows and frequent the firing range after hours so I can play with my "cool toys". I'm sure if the US were to invade Canada again, it would be no easy task for them. We are built for outdoor survival.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Could the US invade Canada? Sure. Invasion is the easy part. Could we hold the territory for any length of time? Not without significant loss of life on both sides. Could we destroy Canada without using nukes? I think the US could easily wipe out the infrastructure of Canada.

All of this is moot however. It would never happen, unless you refused to turn over Terrance and Phillip.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The invasion would have to be during hockey season..sneak up on them canuck's when there unaware's

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Dude, don't you like watch Southpark? We had CARTOON character's kickin your ass! LOL Anyway's I wouldn't worry about it, the NSA knows where YOU are... AND they know where we all are. Let's worry about the multinational corporate psycho's raping and plundering everything in sight. It's not governments or taxpayers that is running the show now it's corporations. And they have no compassion, no empathy, no ethics and no moral's. Current U.S. Military involvement has to do with Corporate profit's and nothing else. Forget what they told you in school, it's all lies. reply to post by raz24400

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
WOW! RIGHT ON MAN! That was friggin beautiful!reply to post by PsychoX42

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Do we have to pick on people with Down's syndrome? AND pick on Canadian's too! Dude, Sarah Pallin will seriously open up a can of whippass on you. Didn't you read that really angry Canadian dude? They've got like a cazillion snipers. Hiding in the mountains of Nova Scotia, just waiting for some American soldier to come in and give Canada "FREEDOM" and to stop Canadian weapons of mass destruction..so's we can make em free. Beside's if they take you as a prisoner of war..these Canadians will strap you down and force you to listen to Celine Dione FOR HOURS Then it's on to ANN MURRAY. Canadians are mean, don't mess with them! AND leave people with Down's syndrome alone too! Not cool!reply to post by intrepid

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join