It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the US successfully invade Canada?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Klaatumagnum

Dude. I said people without a brain. I wasn't referring to people with DS. They have a brain.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Here is one simple, yet complex reason:

Rules of engagement - Our military not only has to fight for their lives, they also have to be politically correct and not harm a single by stander. They must be 100% correct all of the time, It will be all over the news saying that US service men rape and kill.

That is the one and only reason that we can not win ANY wars now and in the future.

Our military is not allowed to just go out and fight the war, they must do it in a politically correct way.

I love ya Canada. But get real if the US bought all its troops and war machines home and was told to take over Canada and dont worry about collateral damage you wouldn't stand a chance unless aided by other country's.

Now some people says its cockiness its not its just looking at the facts. We have more weapons, fighter planes, Destroyers, etc.
Youd beat us in a battle of beers thats a fact. But militarily we would eat you alive if we were allowed to take off the gloves and noone else interfered.

You do realize the US is still considered a super power and some people can argue China in their. If the USA cant invade Canada your saying noone in the world can! China, UK, Israel etc ect

[edit on 14-8-2010 by ker2010]

[edit on 14-8-2010 by ker2010]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This seems like a topic that has no relevance on ATS?

Could this happen?

I do not see the point of this particular topic but maybe I would have to be from Canada to get the joke.

I thought that ATS would have some better and more challenging issues at hand.

If the US does, all i can do is say it was nice to know you Canada.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Could the US successfully invade Canada?

Yes, and could do it in a Hong Kong second.

Would the US invade Canada?

Hell no. And has absolutely no reason to try.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I don't know...

Canada does have stronger beer than we do.

Beer is good. We like beer.

Bombs for beer....hhhmmm

It wouldn't be our worst pretense for an invasion!

*artistic rewrite edit*

[edit on 8/15/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
i've already invaded canada, in 1974.

you guys don't remember that?

wedding in newort vt. strip club over the border! lol, great time!

thanks for all the molson guys!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Sure the US could attempt an engagement with Canada ,that is if they want to start eating Russian and Chineese nukes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner,oops I forgot about jolly old England,The Queen literally owns your silly so called American arses which means that Canada who has already defeated the US once already wouldnt even have to lift a finger,just watch Momma England spank you into starvation and economic ruin,BEFORE anyone bothers lobbing nukes all over her assets.

Dont forget that the US military assets spread across our great white north including nukes,on land and at sea are jointly operated,get real we own them--jointly operated,ha ha ha,a fifteen year old hacker with a laptop and the Canadian Prime Ministers permission could engage the continental US as fast as they could hit the keyboard.WITH YOUR OWN WEAPONS.Do you see that?

The nutty US gung ho dream ended with Globalisation,or dont you understand what that means?

There is no place left for John Wayne to play his sad songs.

Join the rest of us in creating a global economy and government,or pretend your dream isnt over,it really doesnt matter anymore.

Without Canada the US wouldnt have made it this far,we let you get to this spot,with Momma Englands permission.

Just sit down and behave little brother,yes thats right you have been spanked once already,get to lippy and Momma England will let us rough you up yet again.

If you want to dispute your first arse kicking go ahead,as I said its a dream you are stuck in,in fact who have you ever won a war against?Oh yes,no one,your contributions to the great wars as a willing ally are noted,but when have you won anything?Just lost to Canada thats your entire wartime win-loss record--ONE LOSS TO CANADA,and recognition for being a teammate in the big ones.

Obama better keep giving Cubans and Mexicans citizenship cards,he is smart enough to understand how much it will cost to retrofit all those stealth fighters and fancy dancy military hardware SO THEY CAN ALL ACCOMODATE THE WHEELCHAIRS YOUR AGING POWERHOUSE ARMED FORCES WILL BE ROLLING AROUND IN IN ABOUT FIFTEEN YEARS. Ha,Ha.

Once again the US is far behind big brother Canada in growing up,by the way we call it a cultural mosaic,as silly as little siblings tend to be you will probably invent your own imaginary term for what you are being FORCED TO BECOME THROUGH THIS AS YOU THINK OF IT GENEROUS GIFT OF CITIZENSHIP---TO THE MILLIONS WHO HAVE ALREADY BEGUN A LAND INVASION OF YOUR COUNTRY,yes those Cubans and Mexicans are invading you by the millions and you are already waving the white flag----BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO YOU CANT STOP IT---YOU ALREADY TRIED AND FAILED.
Ha,Ha,an invasion using human bodies with no weapons that is bringing you to your knees,who would have thunk it?

What did the Borg say again,you will be ASSimilated ?

The rest of the family call it growing up.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by one4all]

[edit on 14-8-2010 by one4all]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
USA population is like 360 million
vs
Canada population is like 15 million?...?

I think US militia can invade Canada in few week.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gagol

like the canada day kid! bet his mom did that for him!! LOL oh canada oh canada
welcome to my home!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Truth be told, Canada and the United States are quite similar in our differences. If you look over to the left there, my "location" is a bit of a joke, a bit of a truism. The "Prairie Provinces" and the American "Northern Great Plains" have a heck of a lot more in common with each other than we do with Toronto, Montreal, New York City or Los Angeles. Similarly, Washington and Oregon are culturally closer to BC than they are to Florida, Texas or the maritimes.

If you cast aside the borders and said "pick someone to pledge allegiance to", for most people around here, it would be a country of Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Montana and the Dakotas before it would be the existing system.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by adjensen]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I guess your ok then! Just remember Sarah can see you from her house! She'll be watching you. I mean my commentary in fun. Afterall this is a joke right? Invade Canada? Come on now! Doesn't everyone love Canadian's? I know I do! But of course... if some multinational corporation would see some PROFIT in it? The U.S. government would be directed to create some black flag incident involving Canada. The MSM would demonize Canada as a rougue nation. (Bring FREEDOM, weapons of mass destruction, yada, yada, blah, blah,blah) The brainwashed masses would eventually be in lock step with the fiction and sanction any action taken. Young, unemployed, brainwashed would join the armed forces to vanquish the menace from the north...multinational corporations would play both sides to maximize profits (just as IBM did in WWII, punch card systems to the Nazi's to aid in the "Final Solution") Isn't that how it usually works?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

That's why I put it up, to make everyone visiting this post a little more happy and relaxed.

There's too much hate, too much stress in the world.

If I won the IL State Lottery, that scene would be from my back deck seven days after getting my winning check. No joke.

For me there is a Heaven on Earth and that picture is it.

I just wish Canada wasn't so cold. But hey, I already have six pairs of long johns, tons of sweaters and several down vests.

Glad you enjoyed the view.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What's really happenning is the globalists have subverted both of our governments...
So we have both been "invaded".
The Reptile queen of Britian, and the banker "City of London"
This is how you can get things like the banker bail out when 90 percent of the Peeps said
NO WAY!.

You guys are welcome for the beer.
Thanks for letting the Jays win the world series...
And no, you can't have Montreal.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Truth be told, Canada and the United States are quite similar in our differences. If you look over to the left there, my "location" is a bit of a joke, a bit of a truism. The "Prairie Provinces" and the American "Northern Great Plains" have a heck of a lot more in common with each other than we do with Toronto, Montreal, New York City or Los Angeles. Similarly, Washington and Oregon are culturally closer to BC than they are to Florida, Texas or the maritimes.

If you cast aside the borders and said "pick someone to pledge allegiance to", for most people around here, it would be a country of Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Montana and the Dakotas before it would be the existing system.
[edit on 15-8-2010 by adjensen]

You're right. I am from Saskatchewan. So when we make up our new country, do we include Alberta? They have riches already from oil, Saskatchewan is still relatively young in the oil/gas business.

When the soldiers from outside our newly created country come and invade, we better just have the fridge full of Cdn beer

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Wall Street, cement, gray skies, skyscrapers that block out the sun, so many people with blank unknowing, uncaring staring faces like invasion of the body snatchers.

Your idea of relaxing and mine are like night and day.

If I won millions of dollars I would chose a cabin in the north woods of Canada anyday over a penthouse apartment on Madison Ave.

BTW, My father's first cousin, Vaugn Monroe actually did have a penthouse apartment on Madison Ave.

Can you spot my hidden dream home..........it's almost dead center.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79c0b2bb5988.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Good post, star for that and I totally agree.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I read in a survival manual beaver isn't good because it's too rich for the human system to digest.

But hey, if the damn thing is clogging up your lake and you can catch it.

(Only kidding, pretty much I'm a vegetarian but lately I've been cheating with a little chicken here and deer meat there) .

Beaver Chili, who wouldl have imagined.

The beaver they showed though looked sooooooooooooo cute, I probably would go out there and feed them vs hunting and killing them, BUT one never knows and cannot judge, hunger does strange things to a person.

Very interesting video. Thank you for sharing.

I watch a cooking show called Scandivavian Cooking with Andreas Viestad and he said the most widely eaten meat in the world is goat.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hypntick

All of this is moot however. It would never happen, unless you refused to turn over Terrance and Phillip.

Ha! Which you know can never happen, the religious schism would devastate Canada and possibly the whole Commonwealth, so once again the USA make demands they know the other country can not accede to with the alternative war, seen it all before many times.

The sickening part is we all know it's just for the beavers, so perverted Grover's can murder thousands of them once a year in a pseudo religious sex cults depraved abomination of a holy ceremony, we stand by eyes averted from the horror, just glad it wasn't us, except for cnn on the plasma it's ace the yanks have got some great kit!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Good point. We'd also get a couple of hockey teams. Move one of 'em back to Winnipeg and it's Alberta, for the win, lol. Between the oil, lumber, food and other resources, we'd be pretty self sufficient. Too bad they moved most of the nukes out of North Dakota, at one point if the state would have seceded, we'd have been the third most powerful nuclear nation.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by snowspirit

Good point. We'd also get a couple of hockey teams. Move one of 'em back to Winnipeg and it's Alberta, for the win, lol. Between the oil, lumber, food and other resources, we'd be pretty self sufficient. Too bad they moved most of the nukes out of North Dakota, at one point if the state would have seceded, we'd have been the third most powerful nuclear nation.

Saskatchewan has really good uranium up north, and we also have some really good scientists here. www.lightsource.ca...
Tough farm boys to make up the sports teams too. Diamond mines too in SK for extra $$$.
We might just be onto something here!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join