It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

People inherently organize. It's our nature.

And for that matter, nothing is off topic, because people want to define that organization as something.

Then how about posting about defining organized religion instead of cosmology?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by EasternShadow

Right. In my opinion RELIGION is definitely man-made. For purpose of control - especially political control.

Ok. Since a lot of holy book's stories can't be proven. How about you explain to me with logic how on earth, a shepherd and a nomad who live far away, who never read a bible before, never know how to read and write neither roman text nor jewish text, can suddenly describe events in the Bible in full details?

I did explain in a previous post: I am not a Christian by choice - even though I was assimilated into that belief as a child - - it never made any sense to me.

I do believe in "watchers" - - benevolent evolved off planet beings - - that make contact periodically trying to help human evolve beyond their animal state. So if I believe in Jesus - - it would be in this context. (I'm sure there are also non-benevolent off planet beings as well).

ALSO: as in Historical novels today - - you will find real history facts and events - - along with the fictional characters and storyline.
--------------------------------------

You explain to me why there are similar (near identical) stories in every part of the world - - many dating thousands of years before the Jesus story.

If you believe in Jesus would you believe he purposely create the Bible for his own political control?

My question is simple and spesific. Do you know Muhammad ( or 'Ahmad' as one of the Bibles mentioned. )? He's a wrote Quran. Have you compare the events in Bible with Quran? When I say full details, I say full details. I'm not saying similar identical. Please answer my question if Muhammad created Islam without God guidance, would it be possible for him to know so much even to describe Jesus crucified?

take Note: The Abrahamic religion worship the same God.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

[edit on 8-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Oh but the two are very linked together. After all. Some faiths say the stars are 5,000 years old. You picked a broad field. It will spread.

reply to post by Annee

There would be no point to intervening in the workings of this world. Our own involvement in primitive cultures should teach you that. If there was a power in the physical universe that came down and directed things, then whenever those people got into space they would feel cheated for having no history of their own. This has been tried and failed on Earth many times. There is no reason it would work in space. It would create a vicious destructive cycle of one civilization constantly being exterminated by the next few into space. It can't work.

reply to post by awake_and_aware

Because instant gratification creates slaves and lumbering idiots. Perhaps you've missed what the modern world is becoming the last 10 years, but that does not work.

Why would a God pop everything into existence when he could let a people develop their own history and self and culture?

Is it not more logical?

The best creation is one that creates itself. The universe and humanity are such things.

You claim all these things about God, but when I read the bible I see those words coming out of man. What I see out of God's voice is "I will spare this place but for 10" good people. If God hates all you say as much as you say he does, why create a universe at all? If Moses makes a law in Leviticus That Jesus says is a creation of man obstructing God, then the law was never from God to begin with.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

If you believe in Jesus would you believe he purposely create the Bible for his own political control?

My question is simple and spesific. Do you know Muhammad ( or 'Ahmad' as one of the Bibles mentioned. )? He's a wrote Quran. Have you compare the events in Bible with Quran? When I say full details, I say full details. I'm not saying similar identical. Please answer my question if Muhammad created Islam without God guidance, would it be possible?

take Note: The Abrahamic religion worship the same God.

Did you not read what I wrote?

NO - I do not believe in Jesus. I do not believe in any god - period.

Unless God is the title of the captain of a space vessel who came to earth. As in: Suns of God descending from the Heavens. (sun reflecting off crafts coming from the sky landing on earth).

The bible is a collection of selected ancient scripts - - translated and interpreted by scribes - - who had a god believe - - therefore translated and interpreted from that viewpoint.

There are thousands of scripts that are not in the bible. AND it is difficult to discern the accuracy of any ancient writing - - as history was often rewritten by the next ruler.

The character Jesus turning over the money lenders tables - - could be equivalent today as someone walking into congress with a gun and shooting at random. It was that much of an intense political move.

As I understand it in simple terms. The modern bible is the same story told by 4 (maybe 3) different men. What was it - 30 years later? As in these times of dangerous political anarchy - - history was often written in parables - - to avoid prison/execution. Which is exactly what I think the bible is.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You do aware Jesus does exist historical?
I beg your pardon, but your description of Jesus doesn't supported by ancients text. Care to provide the evidences?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

There would be no point to intervening in the workings of this world. Our own involvement in primitive cultures should teach you that. If there was a power in the physical universe that came down and directed things, then whenever those people got into space they would feel cheated for having no history of their own. This has been tried and failed on Earth many times. There is no reason it would work in space. It would create a vicious destructive cycle of one civilization constantly being exterminated by the next few into space. It can't work.

I said "watchers". I did not say directing or dictating.

There have been many cases here on earth where modern man entered ancient cultures - - taught about clean water - sanitation - - then left without affecting the culture in any negative way.

Helping someone evolve in their own culture through some simple/basic information/education - - has occurred in our world - - and was beneficial.

Your pessimism is showing. I'll stick with optimism and the Prime Directive.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You do aware Jesus does exist historical?
I beg your pardon, but your description of Jesus doesn't supported by ancients text. Care to provide the evidences?

Prove it.

There is zero proof of Jesus existence.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I believe that God and his way of life becomes the religion of those who follow him. God is love so we should be love, God is light so we should be light. God gave us an example through Jesus Christ, to show us who he is so we can follow that path taught to us through Christs Apostles.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

If you don't believe in Biblical source then this source is not from bible.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker
I believe that God and his way of life becomes the religion of those who follow him. God is love so we should be love, God is light so we should be light. God gave us an example through Jesus Christ, to show us who he is so we can follow that path taught to us through Christs Apostles.

That is what you choose to believe.

As long as it does not affect my life - - go for it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

If you don't believe in Biblical source then this source is not from bible.

en.wikipedia.org...

There is ZERO real proof of the existence of Jesus. I've been having this discussion for more then 10 years.

I also know a couple of guys who were in the seminary (there are others) - - who set out to prove Jesus. They both left the church.

There is a reason they call it Faith.

TO ADD: I am not going to Hijack this thread - along this discussion line. Please resurrect one of the discussion threads on Proof of Jesus.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Annee]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I have my provided my proof of Jesus unless you want to debunk what is known as history?

Now where is your proof of your description about Jesus?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

There is ZERO real proof of the existence of Jesus. I've been having this discussion for more then 10 years.

Oh please don't give me that crap. If you can't debunk my source than just admit it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well I have to stick with probability. For every non interventionist there is an interventionist. And the interventionist would have vast armies of basically slaves fighting for the master's technology. The non-interventionists would not have a chance.

The only examples I know if that you speak of are in Africa in the last few decades. But do you know what that's created? Dependency. I watch videos and I see poor people running over each other for US aid from helicopters. NO I do not mean don't give them food. I mean teach them. And thus far that has not been don every effectively. Where we teach them these things, they end up dividing along technological liberals and old-way conservatives. It almost always degrades a society.

Nations and people are stable when they are allowed to grow in their own time. I do not advocate isolationism, nor interventionism. I advocate one-on-one discussions, in a very Jesus-like style of reasoning and logic. But aliens could not do this. Because the chance they look like us, let alone are able to breathe our air or anything at all, is quite low. Perhaps a robot then? Oh, but then how does robo-Jesus bleed and have punctured holes and weakness.

The simple fact is that you either get involved completely, or you never even visit. The only in between are accidents for either methods.

Oh, and star trek demonstrated how "well" the prime directive worked.

Very very likely the first aliens we meet, if they are less advanced, we are bouncing down there to say hello. Not quite avatar, but something similar.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Satan is both good and evil. He is the tree of knowledge, of good and bad.
He planted his garden eastwards in Eden and created a whole bunch of things there.

If Satan is the knowledge of good and bad, what is God?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I love how debates about religion are so long and drawn out, especially when 75% of the people debating are non-religious. I don't believe in heaven or hell niether do I believe in any type of organized religion so I cound't imagine rebuttaling with someone who does. Pointless. If poeple want to believe let them believe. In the end everything is predetermined no matter what you believe.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Satan is the personifcation of what humans percieve as bad or "evil" things.

That evil or satan could be the accumlation of rape, killing, calling names without reason, or generally being agressive to fellow human beings without good cause or conviction.

Call those things Satan if you want, just don't over-attribute it to some apparent entity or force, it's merely a perception of, and rationalisation with human behaviour.

NOTE TO ADD: Just notice that when an Islamist bombs a Jewish church or a Catholic destroys Protestant churches this is considered as "good" and as "god's" will.

How does a person without a belief in a God justify the same actions?

[edit on 8/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Well I have to stick with probability. For every non interventionist there is an interventionist. And the interventionist would have vast armies of basically slaves fighting for the master's technology. The non-interventionists would not have a chance.

I do think there is negative intervention through contact with governments.

BUT - That is a different subject - - getting off topic again. Not going to hijack thread.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Organized religion is part of the problem we face on earth - not the solution. I think that many of the endless arguments people have where they're just spinning their wheels and getting absolutely nowhere in solving problems - is caused by people defending their religion.

I read in some NDE experience there was a talk about how God doesn't care about religion at all. None whatsoever. Spirituality and giving out love and loving others is more important.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EasternShadow

Okay.

I give up.

I guess as long as the discussion is important and civil it's okay.

I'm interested in people's thoughts and feelings about connecting to God/God-Mind. What's it like? What does it do for us?

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join