It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom jailed over sex with 14-year-old son

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Wow, just, wow.

Mom gives up a baby for adoption when the kid was only few days old. Fourteen years later, she gets on Facebook and tracks down her son. When they meet in person, they start a sexual relationship! The mom's lawyer said

"When she saw this boy, something just touched off in her — and it wasn't a mother-son relationship, it was a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship," the newspaper quoted attorney Mitchell Ribitwer as saying. "Aimee's searching for a reason why this happened. She can't understand it. She's going to get some counseling."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

She has been sentenced 9 yrs to 30 years for it. All I want to know is, did the kid know this was his mom, or did he find out after? And the punishment seems more than extreme. Are there any laws on incest in US?

This is the woman in question

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Crimson_King]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is a known phenomena of adoption reunions, and one reason why people might wish to consider some facilitation in the process.

The punishment isn't extreme - the lack of punishment for worse or similar offences is absurdly minimized into normality.

[edit on 2010/7/13 by Aeons]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I was like

then I was like

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
haha as they say, only in America!

Never heard of this phenomena though, fascinating and awful at the same time.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I love to see her tox screen to see what type of head meds she has been on the last few years.

We have to be near the bottom of this downward cycle of humanity.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I don't know, that's a pretty harsh sentence.
I mean, what's the big deal? She didn't kill anyone, she didn't hurt anyone, she basically did nothing bad.
As long as both wanted sex and as long as it was just for fun and not to produce children, it may be a "bad thing" (for the prude police who hates sex especially) but really, jail because of that?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Incest has been around since the dawn of humanity, doesn't make it right, but I think the reason she is facing time is a matter of age.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
its called GSA. genetic sexual attraction. Its actually quite commen. People who are given up for adoption meet there family and then they find themselves sexually attracted to each other. It happens to mothers,fathers,daughters,and brothers.

Up to 50% of all people who have adoption reunion have some form of sexual attraction to there family.

I dont blame her. 30 years is too much in my opinion. what she did was wrong. But people get less for murder and rape.

The american people need to get there priorities straight.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Proudconservative]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
That kid is going to be ridiculed to suicide.

I can just imagine him bragging to his 14 year old buddies.

"Guys I just got laid!!"

"No way, who?"

"My mom"

"Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha" for ever and ever.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
She didn't kill anyone, she didn't hurt anyone, she basically did nothing bad.

Just because her son has no physical scars, doesn't mean he won't have mental ones for the rest of his life.

Outside of the fact this was her son, he was also a minor.

Personally, I think they should put her in jail forever, and throw away the key.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
These threads always bring out the child buggers in force.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What I find funny is how people are applauding a 14 years in other thread when he says Fed's should be dissolved.

14 year old Devon Minnema goes on fox news and says we should end the federal reserve

These people find 14 yrs old capable of deciding on political issues but not on personal matters.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I don't know, that's a pretty harsh sentence.
I mean, what's the big deal? She didn't kill anyone, she didn't hurt anyone, she basically did nothing bad.
As long as both wanted sex and as long as it was just for fun and not to produce children, it may be a "bad thing" (for the prude police who hates sex especially) but really, jail because of that?

Just when I thought I've read the lowest of the low comments here on ATS, and then something like this utter ignorance slimes it's way in.

I've no words to describe the utter contempt I have for your opinion.

There is NO excuse for anyone, in any situation, taking advantage of a child, especially sexually. ESPECIALLY A MOTHER!

It will be a miracle if this kid has any chance at a half way normal life.

30 years isn't enough.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

Sheesh. This must be horrible for everyone involved. I don't know if it's a crime, I doubt the kid was forced by the traditional definition of that word, then again the emotional harm this will undoubtedly do is no one's definition of a good thing.

As for the prision sentence...again I'm conflicted had it been a man and his daughter i admit I'd probably feel more inclined to a longer sentence, no rational behind that I'm afraid.

Hope they both get help.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Incest has been around since the dawn of humanity, doesn't make it right, but I think the reason she is facing time is a matter of age.

exactly.

2nd line

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Wow... Why are the hot ones always the weird ones?! Mama?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

There is NO excuse for anyone, in any situation, taking advantage of a child, especially sexually

Is 14 a child? 15? 16? I think it depends, and to make the age of consent a concrete figure is a mistake.

Had I lived in the US when I met my partner ( he was 16, I was 32) I would be a criminal. I assure you he was no child and yet I could have went to PRISION for being with him.

its called GSA. genetic sexual attraction. Its actually quite commen

Really? Wow I didn't know, well that puts things in a different light. Perhaps she wasn't the predator some of you would like to believe she is...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface
haha as they say, only in America!

Never heard of this phenomena though, fascinating and awful at the same time.

Yeah, in Europe they just lock their kids in the basement for 24 years.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
We all know this is completely wrong BUT -
Wasn't that kid there once before
?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

Is 14 a child? 15? 16? I think it depends, and to make the age of consent a concrete figure is a mistake.

Is a 14 year old at an age where they can live on their own, make descisions for themselves, feed themselves? Some might be able to, but outside of being an adult physically, most are not mentally mature enough to handle a relationship, let alone a physical one.

Had I lived in the US when I met my partner ( he was 16, I was 32) I would be a criminal. I assure you he was no child and yet I could have went to PRISION for being with him.

Do you suppose you only feel this way, because you happened to fall in love with a younger person? While it worked out for you, would you condone your 16 year old child falling in love with a person the age you were? I don't apologize when I say, that had you been in the US, I would have no problem with you being put in jail.

Really? Wow I didn't know, well that puts things in a different light. Perhaps she wasn't the predator some of you would like to believe she is...

She didn't need to be a predator. What she did was sick and twisted, even if there is a name for it.

To those that say incest has been around since the beginning of time, while that is true, it still doesn't make it right!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join