It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Yr Old Sets Field on Fire with Fireworks, now for the rest of the story...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Thank you so much for posting a positive story about a police officer. We do things like this all the time, but those are not the things that get posted. Thanks again,
Seeashrink

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
After all we hear/see about police officers it is good to see the good/caring sides also.

It's stories like this that keeps the faith going.

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing your friend's story. He has probably shaped the young lad's perceptions in a very favorable way -- in a way that will stay with the teen all his life, and revel in the lesson he was so fortunate to be privvy to; the lesson learned: 1)that our actions have consequences, and a good person will accept responsibility for those actions 2) sometimes a good stroke in your life will come from a least expected source and 3) that compassion and strength can go hand-in-hand.... and people like your friend are the real teachers that we all might benefit by.

I wish I had the ability to shake the guy's hand and buy him a beer. Where I grew up, there was only a sheriff. His name was Bill Baker. He was larger than life (to me) but a hell of a gentle man who always seemed to take extra care with us unruly kids.

I wish we'd hear more of stories like this. They give me hope.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Good story, glad to hear of officers like this.

Sadly though even this will not help those who hate police officers just to hate them, because it is the "cool" thing to do. I wish I could shake the guys hand and thank him. Please do so for me.

Raist

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Ah this has SO inspired me - you have NO idea!

I too came from a broken home and times were tough.

But I "turned out OK" after a long struggle.

And I'm having a long struggle right now: Specifically - my parking space that I rent from "the city" is infested with bugs. Which are invading my car. Various insecticides have not worked.

So I'm thinking - either set the weeds which surround my space on fire - or - more interestingly - some sort of improvised incendiary device. THAT ought to kill those buggers!

And it says NOWHERE on my rental contract that I can't set off incendiary devices or start fires - so I'm going to assume that's OK then.

And if anyone gets pissy with me: I COME FROM A BROKEN HOME!!!

Outstanding idea! I'm going to Home Depot for matches and napthalene RIGHT NOW!!!

YAY!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

A beautiful story. Were officers like him still the rule rather than the exception...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

That story and that officers actions truly brought tears to my eyes and down my cheeks..........

This man is a Peace Officer, Nuff Said.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

I left before I could not see to drive and stopped by the Firehouse and payed the Fire Department bill and I'll make arrangements tomorrow to pay for the damage to the property..

GOD I LOVE MY JOB SOMETIMES...

Nice. This officer is what being a cop is all about. God bless him for trying to make the world a better place. Thank you for this wonderful story.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

My nascent, gnawing feelings of disenchantment with some aspects of humanity were in dire need of an antidote...

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Respect goes out to this man, of course it might be a bit unprofesional, to take personal feelings in the job.
But he did, what he thought was right in his heart, he made some people very happy, and I bet he feels great about the way things went, for himself, so whats the harm, only good.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
What a heart-warming and overwhelming story! Thank you so much for sharing it.

People like your friend are the ones who make me feel like everything will be okay even if it seems like everything around you is slowly falling down.

Imagine if this story was a movie and you saw that kid trying to do all the best he can to avoid the unevitable. Now, imagine if the officer is a different person and he acts like this....

Kid and Momma:

Officer: ******indifference******
It's a pleasure to punish you, kiddo!

You would all be like this in front of your TV screen...
You:
What the...?!? No-no-no-no! That's not FAIR!!!

You see, everyone has a heart. Well, someone has a tiny one but at least he got one. It's a matter of "perspective" and situations.

If the kid was a different person and instead of getting help he just run away or in a worse case, provoke the fire intentionally, you would call the officer naive if he helps him out just because of the kid's poor situation.

Anyways, please tell your officer-friend that he is a GREAT MAN with a GREAT HEART. Thanks again.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by juinette]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this story of your friend. I've been under a lot of stress lately and this really brought positive energy back. I'm going to share this story with everyone I know.

I just don't like reading about Police Officers in a negative light. With all the stories of them using their tazers too much, it just gets to me. Too much of that where I live. This needs to spread across this nation, THIS is what working in Law Enforcement is about.

Your friend has shown true strength in a situation that he could have easily been a robot like others are. THIS is why they are hired, to handle every case in it's own light. Every situation is different. Again, I thank you for sharing this story and pat your friend on the back and/or take him out for a nice cold beer for me.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impro
Respect goes out to this man, of course it might be a bit unprofesional, to take personal feelings in the job.

It's a tough job. My old man did it and it's impossible to NOT take it home. Personal feelings on the job? Also impossible. They are human after all.

But he did, what he thought was right in his heart, he made some people very happy, and I bet he feels great about the way things went, for himself, so whats the harm, only good.

Not only for the participants involved but the cop's action gave US a treat today. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Wonderful story about the officer. However I feel the more out of the ordinary part is the 13 year old. How many children can you count on to do the right thing? This teenager is a product of his environment, a loving, caring and totally devoted to her child mother. It's good parenting that instills values like this in a child. I would say that good parenting is even more rare than the nice cop.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Great story.

In a world of indecency it is noble to remain decent and human.

I applaud the officer for doing a great job and for setting a great example for that young man.

And I applaud that boy for becoming a man and owning up to what he did. The world would be a better place if more people held themselves accountable for their actions.

+10. Chalk one up for the good guys.

Edit spelling

[edit on 6-7-2010 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandUnification

Thats very kind of you, but I think he'd rather you just say a prayer or send a good vibe to the kid and his mother, maybe law enforcement officers too.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
What kinda story is this OP no taesers no beating no attack dogs no FEMA camps I thought all LEOs were bad, mean and nasty.

Sorry couldn't help my self.
It's not everyday that you see a thread with Peace Officers, Cops or any other LEO agency with the outcome of this one and am glade to know that there is a few gooduns left

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
What kinda story is this OP no taesers no beating no attack dogs no FEMA camps I thought all LEOs were bad, mean and nasty.

Yeah, strips your gears doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Like I said in another thread, you never hear about the millions of cops doing their jobs - just the rotten apples.

Sensationalism be damned, people need to hear that good stuff like this happens...in fact, I'm betting we'd find out it happens more often then we think, despite all the garbage news outlets barf.

For every cop we hear about that shoots someone unjustifiably, there's GOT to be a hundred more that we don't hear about NOT shooting people unjustifiably.

It's sick, but for some reason, people doing their jobs correctly without incident just doesn't make the news - and you could apply that to either the public or private sectors. So, when all the public's exposure to cops (in this case) is all negative, it's no wonder that people knee-jerkedly hate cops. I'm not saying that there aren't cops out there that shouldn't be hated, I'm saying that for every bad thing you hear on the news about some employee, assume there's a hundred folks in the same line of work who aren't like that at all.

I guess my rambling point is this:

Once you realize just how the media works, you can avoid a lot of unnecessary hatred and embarrassment.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
With the amount of incompetence and stupidity in the police forces around the world lately it's good to see some aren't crooks with a badge and take their job very seriously.

Excellent thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join