It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS = Fear

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
ATS doesn't scare me the GFL scares me!

Kinda, anyway... it's a public forum and with that comes the public, so there's usually a lot of crap to wade through. When I log in, I'll open all the posts in the sidebars and my subscribed posts to mooch through - I end up closing about half down after reading the OP.

I tend to use ATS more than news-sites these days, because inevitably someone here will be posting the news I'd be interested in and (sometimes) there's more of a communal feel here.

What I truly appreciate is stumbling accross great threads like this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A decent summation of the death of Dr David Kelly. Knowledge is power, sometimes that can be scary, but I'd rather be able to think about these things than not.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by RamsOnTop

loll you made my day !!

first if you have been reading correctly on ATS
many signs will tell you that the governement
have been using that tactik forever
especially with 9/11 , letter with white pounder, dirty bomb in the metro etc etc ...
it was a false flag operation scare tactik to make selfinterest out of it
and will plunge the world into state of fear/terror and make wars

the WHO declared a worldwide pandemic so some of their friendly pharmaceutical compagny can make huge amount of money
its the same thing with the wars
THEY make the fear ... when they do crime they will denied everything
thats why WE cant trust anything anymore from the TV Media and the gov
never any truth will come from their mouth
here on ATS we can only speculate on the REAL DEAL
u have to take some news and leave other behind
but im sure at least more then 70% have pin point the real truth
on todays world events

but dont never come here again telling everyone ATS incite fear
THE GOVERNMENT HAVE THAT JOB OF CREATING FEAR

i agree on one things .. some threads here push VERY deep any world topic and concern .. like i said take some and leave some

im reading bad news everyday .. its been a long time since fear invaded my mind... so can you .. live day by day even if tomorrow is the end of the world ... i would not be scared
everyone die one day ...
death is only the beginning .. (from Imotep in the mummy lol)
and like yoda once said
Fear can lead to the darkside

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Ben81]

Would that be why the govt doesn't interfere with the ATS website because we are actually doing there work for them by feeding the fear factory?
Maybe when everyone stops spreading fear stories on here and only real stories with positive solutions, fixes and answers will we see the site being interfered with?

hmmm am I paranoid...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
blah blah blah

we all know most people in this website is crazy and most of the info is fake

so, you should know better

you cant take this website as the universal truth, just a different perspective

you need to filter all the information, you just cant accept everything you read/see

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Take a look at my nick on ATS ...

I would never think about 2012 if it wasn't for this site but for some reason I can't stop viewing the site. I don't know why, I wish I wouldn't.

I lose sleep over some of the stuff people say on this site.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Take your Meds and you'll be Ok...lol

The World is not a pretty place anymore, or should I say was it ever. There has been War and Catastrophe on this Planet as far back as historical records go and it will probably not change in your lifetime. As the Newagers say "you chose to be here during these times to chalk off another lesson that you FAILED to learn in a previous lifetime", maybe this time you'll Learn...lol

Just ride it out with the rest of us, don't get depressed, don't ever think about suiciding yourself, that means you'll have to do all this sh*t over again and you don't want that.

One thing about ATS is, if it's out of the mainstream media and happening, it's most generally here you'll read about it first.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
S+F for you.

Personally, I've got a salt launcher that's on 24/7. One thing you always need to keep in mind is how many times the "big" event is supposed to have happened throughout history. Hell, if you read the Bible, Jesus said that some of those around him would live to see his return (and thus the end of the world). As you may be able to deduce, that didn't happen.

My point is that there will always be people who think something bad is about to happen. Sometimes it's a complete hoax, sometimes the person truly believes it, and on some extremely rare occasions, it might be real. Remember Y2K? To put it bluntly, peopled were freaked out of their ****. What about June 6th, 2006? I personally know one person whose family spent the entire day barricaded in their house, terrified that Satan was hiding in the bushes outside (at least, that's the only reason I could think of to explain that behavior). The Cuban Missile Crisis? At least that one was real, and we actually came close to WWIII (we're talking what was potentially a matter of minutes or hours here). Even so, my mother expected the bombs to drop on the US any minute, as if small towns in Minnesota would have been attractive targets.

You should also keep in mind one simple fact: ATS is site that specifically caters to things like this. While it has the potential (an often unrealized potential, I'm afraid) to be a great source of non-mainstream information, it still becomes inundated with fear-mongering posts. This site attracts all kinds of stories regardless of the true state of the world. Consider this analogy:

For the first few years after the release of the Xbox 360, any gamer would have had a difficult time making it through a week without coming across complaints about the dreaded 'Red Ring of Death', the hallmark of the console's complete failure. Sure, it was a legitimate problems. However, it was blown way out of proportion for one simple reason: the loudest voices were the people who had had problems. Oftentimes people who haven't experienced any problems with the Xbox 360 don't feel compelled to announce it. Thus, what you end up hearing is a skewed and biased representation of the product, because, in reality, the number of faulty units was dwarfed by fully functional ones.

As such, it stands to reason that ATS operates in a similar fashion. Very rarely will you see a topic about the good in the world. People aren't rushing to discuss topics that benefit humanity, because, it a sort of twisted sense, such topics aren't "fun." You're on a site that discusses the negative aspects of humanity, so that's, for the most part, all you're going to get.

In conclusion, stop worry. Go out and enjoy life and take notice of the good around you. It certainly beats sitting in front of your computer reading about how Ronald Reagan is about to come back from the dead to slaughter all infants that have names beginning with 'Q'

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have never been scared by any of the ATS topics... What I see here is not fear but courage to speculate about unpopular topics - that aren't really mainstream. Topics which you wouldn't here out in the streets in conversations of our society. Ignorance is fear. ATS denies ignorance therefore ATS denies fear. ATS is courage.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Those asking about where is NIBIRU, also called WORMWOOD or ERIS, should realise that it is, as I write this, [03/JULY/2010] in the Kiuper Belt, which is alot nearer to us than is the Oort Cloud. NIBIRU is approaching from the area called Orion Constellation. Presently that is behind the Sun, in the day light sky. So NIBIRU is not visible just at present, except using telescopes out in space. Remember also that the hub star of the NIBIRU system of planets is an Infra Red dwarf star, and thus it is not visible to the human eye. Thus, at present there is nothing to see and even when we approach the nothern hemisphere winter, where in the Orion Constellation is more prominant, never the less NIBIRU is an Infra Red object. As it passes by the Sun, in late 2012 and early 2013, it will become a comet like object, as viewed by space telescopes. Still it will not be visible on Earth, because it will be hidden in the day light sky around the Sun. So actually NIBIRU is just one big non-event. There have been bigger interstellar visitors which pass through occassionally. They were just as big a non-event in their day. NIBIRU is just not worth reporting about. Literally there is and will continue to be nothing to see. However, NIBIRU is for astronomers a very interesting object in that it is gravitationally the real centre of the Solar System. Our Sun actually orbits NIBIRU rather than it being in orbit around our Sun. Its gravity is so great that it is astonishing. It must be the husk of a once mighty star that is now extinct. Just a Red Dwarf. But its gravity is massive. These are the facts as far as I am informed. My sources are many. If you search the internet you can easilly obtain all the information. So NIBIRU is not something to worry about. It is absolutely only of interest to those who are enthusiastic about astronomy and space travel. According to Professor Sitchin, and his translation of ancient Sumerian cuniform tablets, we humans are descended from "Anunnaki" space travellers, who came to Earth from a mother planet, that is in orbit around NIBIRU. Those planets might become visible as NIBIRU passes by ? We might get a visitation of aliens from outer space ? Once again is that really something to be afraid of ?

[edit on 3/7/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

since 2001 can you count how many time they said ALQUEADA on tv
im sure the gov know about ATS and thats why they are really pissed
i think now Obama have a the kill switch for internet
you got your answer right there

we know all "official" MSM like msnabcnnfoxbbc
have done their job in inciting fear to the public who watch tv 24/7
now they can sign billion dollars request
its all a big plan .. some people dont see bigger like ATS does
those people will be the first to paranoid and have aggresive deep fear of being exemple : poisonned
those people can do terrible things with fear if they are not well prepare mentally... they will be shocked from inside out
we all live our day like you live your day
we are not panicking .. but we have to see bigger than our little garden in the back of the house
i just want to say that dont be surprise if something happen that you didnt think would ever happen
at least with ATS you will know what your up to

link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM
Those asking about where is NIBIRU should realise that it is in the Kiuper Belt, which is alot nearer to us than is the Oort Cloud. NIBIRU is approaching from the area called Orion Constellation. Presently that is behind the Sun, in the day light sky. So NIBIRU is not visible just at present, except using telescopes out in space. Remember also that the hub star of NIBIRU system of planets is an Infra Red dwarf star and thus not visible to the human eye. Thus, at present there is nothing to see and even when we approach the nothern hemisphere winter, where Orion Constellation is prominant, never the less NIBIRU is an Infra Red object. As it passes by the Sun, in late 2012 and early 2013, it will become a comet like object, as viewed by space telescopes. Still it will not be visible on Earth, because it will be hidden in the day light sky around the Sun. So actually NIBIRU is just one big non-event. There have been bigger interstellar visitors which pass through occassionally. They were just as big a non-event in their day. NIBIRU is just not worth reporting about. Literally there is and will continue to be nothing to see. However, NIBIRU is for astronomers a very interesting object in that it is gravitationally the real centre of the Solar System. Our Sun actually orbits NIBIRU rather than it being in orbit around our Sun. Its gravity is so great that it is astonishing. It must be the husk of a once mighty star that is now extinct. Just a Red Dwarf. But its gravity is massive. These are the facts as far as I am informed. My sources are many. If you search the internet you can easilly obtain all the information. So NIBIRU is not something to worry about. It is absolutely only of interest to those who are enthusiastic about astronomy and space travel. According to Professor Sitchin and his translation of ancient Sumerian cuniform tablets we are descended from space travellers who came to Earth from a mother planet that is in orbit around NIBIRU. Those planets might become visible as NIBIRU passes by ? We might get a visitation from outer space ? Once again is that really something to be afraid of ?

OK,.. this so exactly the kind of stuff most of us on this thread are talking about,.. Where is the proof for "Nibiru"?
Where? not a single astronomer out there has seen this and there are PLENTY of them around the world. Somebody would see this. PROVE IT!!!

link   
I see things that scare me on ats all the time. The truth can be a scary thing but living without it is even more scary.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by oilwatchernx2]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I always hear and read on websites that its the gov't that wants to put fear in your brain to dwindle your thoughts of happiness. That way we always have to rely on the gov't. What better place to market fear then a "TOP SECRET" website with a million hits a month? Very nice thread, We need to play some serious wack a mole

Edit, So... i was just sitting here thinking about this thread and came back to say... There is nothing to fear but fear its self! The mumbo jumbo with no facts to back it up definitely don't scare me. I love being aware of what the Govt can do and what they are capable which actually makes me feel more secure about my self. Better to know and be prepared then not know and end up tripping on a land mine.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by CoachSlamYou]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by worriedabout2012

lol giving you a stars for your comment
with all we read on ATS or on any other website
you just need to be aware
i have read tons of things on 2012
if nothing happen it wont be the end of the world for us (ATS)
like i say we only speculate here
many story are totally credible and other are HOAX
and real novel science fiction
this site is NOT to incite fear
its to prepare freely anyone on any bad scenario
NOT FREAKING AND LOSING YOUR MIND IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS
if you loose your mind you can do terrible thing
better be prepare mentally before then after .. dont you think ?

so ATS is doing a good thing
we can close this thread

discussion over lol

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

OK,.. this so exactly the kind of stuff most of us on this thread are talking about,.. Where is the proof for "Nibiru"?
Where? not a single astronomer out there has seen this and there are PLENTY of them around the world. Somebody would see this. PROVE IT!!!

PROOF ? You want proof ? Well just about every one in the astronomy and space traveller community might not call it NIBIRU like as you do. They are traditionally calling it WORMWOOD or ERIS, but it is the same object as what you call NIBIRU. It is a real object. Astronomers will certify its authenticity. If you will not take their word as gospel then that is your problem, not mine. There is a Chinese Proverb which says that there are none more blind than are those who refuse to look. The trouble with an object like NIBIRU is that even if you look for it, you may still not be able to see it, because it is an INFRA RED object. Invisible to the human eye. Another Chinese Proverb states that what the eye cannot see the heart will not grieve over. Ignorance is bliss. Perhaps the reason why some are so afraid about NIBIRU is in the fact that it is invisible ? It is the same as with Ghosts and the UFO phenomenon, just because they are usually invisible gets to be a reason for some to suggest that such things do not really exist. However, such things are not always invisible, and it is usually the case that the skeptics more often than not end up eating their words.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

There is no point of arguing if the Nibiru is coming or not. Because there's just two options - 1) it is coming and 2) it is not... We'll see... what happens - it's not like you could avoid by digging into ground - because you don't know what would happen exactly if it came... what if a meteor strikes straight into your vault... so just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride called life.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This thread is not about nibiru or wormwood or whatever. Does a planet scare you that bad to keep trying to prove its worth?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Brilliant Thread,subject and most of all thankyou!

When I joined here I didnt know what to expect, so many topics, so much opinion and variation. It's very overwhelming, especially when you deviate from topics that you would normally take no heed to... but I believe its all part of your own "spiritual" journey if you like. Dont allow yourself to be carryed by the fear, run alongside it - control it.

Fear = Strength (call it a growth hormone if you will),

I hope I dont sound like an old hippy? ha ha....

Be afraid.......very afraid

Peace.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I have to agree the fear mongering and total republican lies (see anyone who sources blogs, it's always a right wing blog). I'm tired of trying to be the voice of reason, I'm tired of double checking information and ALWAYS finding it's wrong. I've literally become more of an obama supporter than ever from reading all that crap.

I'm tired of all the anti-mexican sentiment, if I have to read one more idiotic "THIS IS AMURKA GET THESE MEXIKENS OUT" type of post/thread, I will literally puke my pants.

this place used to be the last haven for that individual research, excellent conversation, and fierce but meaningful debate.

still debating whether or not I even want to post here anymore.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

If my screen name on my avatar read "Ignorance" would i be banned?

disregard....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Thank you for the thread!

I would just like to give my small opinion very quickly. I believe ATS is a forums where people gather to determine the truth of reality, and if the truth turns out frightening, then it is.

I'd rather know the frightening truth than an enjoyable falsity.

Kind regards

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Hitotsumami]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join