It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS = Fear

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RamsOnTop
While I really enjoyed some of the topics that I found on this website I have recently realized that ATS scares the s... out of me. I've been coming to this website for years, mostly reading and not getting involved in the discussions. And ever since I started frequenting ATS I have become more and more paranoid.

Quite a good topic I must say.

For most of the UFO and other stuff I care little,
A: I can do little against some green lil martians if they are better equipped.
B: As an atheist I care little for prophecies either, no matter from whom they come.

What is however of interest on ATS are much more the threads that ask questions on issues that the mainstream media seems to over look.

Ever since ancient empires, it was the dream of a few nutcases to "rule" the world. However with ever-increasing technology, this "dream" can become reality. And it can become reality in the shape and form of a "Corporation" rather than one huge "Bully State & crazy dictator"

Today the world's knowledge base doubles I believe every 4 years or so. It is also said that Isaac Newton or similar of his contemporaries were the LAST people who knew "Everything" that science and knowledge had to offer.

This very vast knowledge base in today's world needs the formation of a "corporation" that is able to unify the brightest talents in their fields to form a "Whole". And just because one is a genius does this not automatically imply that one is also "benevolent" to mankind.

One should understand ATS as rather a sounding board for bits and pieces of information that the normal mortal who is hooked to the corporate media will never hear about.

Any media has the tendency to underline the points they want you to hear and hide the issues they feel uncomfortable would you know about them.

Thus ATS is a vital base of information. Also most things can't be verified, the very topic they raise can make you search for alternate information on other sites.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Adolph Hitler was fearless. One can hardly say his fearlessness created "peace".

Balance is everything. Americans are too fearful. This has created a situation in which BigGov has used fear to take away many of our freedoms.

We are admonished, ""Fear not that which can destroy the body, but that which can destroy the soul."

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

Fear = Strength ???
did i read correctly ....
its impossible to agree with you on that
fear is a big weakness
people on ATS dont have that weakness
its like ...put yourself in a small cage and a guardian
that torture you for any reasons... 24/7
cant go out of the cage because the guardian can hurt me more....
fear will take away from you the freedom you seek
fear will remove in your mind any chance of ever escaping
fear will LET YOU ROTT IN THAT CAGE until you are freed from someone without fear ...
fear will DOOM yourself until you die
DELETE FEAR and you will be able to fight and try to escape
it will give you hope
once fear is remove you will be able to do things with a certain control
with fear you cant control yourself in a panic mode

fear is the most horrible damaging weakness in human society
with FEAR any guardian of any cage will be able to manipulate you and abuse you
dont fall for the fear be strong .. and remove the fear inside your head ASAP

fear can lead to the dark side (quote from Yoda in SW)

a person without any fear is FREE
a person with fear dont controle herself and can do really bad things because of that fear
always feeling fear that the next day something can happen
FEAR = Pessimistic

FEAR = scare to die each day you live

in conclusion ...
FEAR = the desire to live in that cage and being abuse
once you accept fear in your life its over ...
you will willingly stay in that cage with a false happy smile for the rest of your life

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Ben81]

Ok, I see what you are pointing out, I really do but really, fear is just an emotion that we shouldnt get carried away with (or consume us), life isnt black and white!

Who knows, maybe if that bird is caged theres a possibiity he may have not made it in the wild (for whatever reason) but he is happy because he's fed and watered - still alive and able to whistle a tune.

Grey shades in between!

i see your point to... with the bird being feed in the cage lol
i hate to see any animal in any cage .. but
at my moms house she have a perrot spoiled
we feed her whenever she call for some (scream a lot when she want something lol)
but she is always free in a cage with the doors open
(cage is situated 5 foot in the air with a little playground)
when we go outside we put her on a big tree and give her some apple
if nobody is at home or everybody is sleeping
the cage is close so our 3 cats will not go disturb her
when its coming dark she scream to go back in her cage to cover her with a sheet to have peace
some cage are needed
like prison ... no choice .. protect others from others

i think we are going far from the principal subject of ATS = FEAR lol
fear can make you go badly crazy and stop any hope of any freedom
so its bad

the bird is free and dont even fear the cats anymore
the cage its her home and her life
its just a way of life in some sort
no fear is inside that bird i can tell you lol

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RamsOnTop

Calm down. You have two choices:
1. Believe every scare story that comes long.
2. DON'T!

remember that ATS is frequented by people who, pre internet, used to stand at the corner of a street wearing a placard stating " the end of world is nigh"

Ask yourself where did the placard people go ?

The vast majority of stories here are paranoid rantings by people wanting to make their opinions known and now they have an immediate audience of millions whereas in the placard days they were lucky if ONE person noticed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go figure! Think about it!

Want to know how to get at the truth? Simply read...........full original articles, reports and studies NEVER cherry picked misquoted snippets. It does mean you might have to wade through several A4 pages but you get at the truth!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Dude - You are worrying about the wrong stuff. Everyone here knows the earth ends
6-6-2012 when bigfoot trips over a container of deadly anthrax, falls down the hole of a nuke silo that's open for repair, sets off the nuke pointed at the moon which in turn explodes the moons alien helium 3 factory (on the dark side) causing millions of little wormwoods to fall into the oil soaked ocean resulting in a massive methane explosion killing everyone in the world accept; The elite, The man, Free masons, Wizards, All skull and bones members, Nicolas Cage & the cloned body of Charlton Heston.

I mean . . .really!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by Ben81

Adolph Hitler was fearless. One can hardly say his fearlessness created "peace".

Balance is everything. Americans are too fearful. This has created a situation in which BigGov has used fear to take away many of our freedoms.

We are admonished, ""Fear not that which can destroy the body, but that which can destroy the soul."

this is what he wanted to demonstrate for the world view
but it was clearly not the case
type "hitlers fears" in google .. he had many fear

fear at first will destroy the soul and then destroy the body
fear is like a cancer in the brain
but a formidable weapon to control big population
so they can listen an obey

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Asked the very same question a while back.
people that dont know this site, dont know the REAL world (if this is the real world)

When you speak to people who dont know about ATS or other sites like this, you get called "tinfoil hat wearer" and "conspiricy nutjob"

But if something I see troubles me here, I try and tell people.
especially about this Oil Spill. a lot of people dont see the BIGGER picture and think it will magically just be ok one day. it wont.

Things like that annoy me.

Good thread.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RamsOnTop
I just can't take it anymore. Now there's a methane bubble that is supposed to burst and cause armageddon-like consequences? C'mon people, haven't you done enough already to scare me?

Why are you afraid? besides the real events (9/11 and oil spill), all the other stuff in this site is the result of pure fantasy. There is no reason to be afraid at all.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
ATS is not Fear, per se.

This is a Rorshach Test.

en.wikipedia.org...

The only reason you are afraid of the implications of the topics discussed here is twofold.

For One, you are ignorant of their veracity. (But aren't we all ignorant of it?)

But Secondly, you are afraid of your own inevitable death.

Do not fear death, because it is indeed inevitable.

What you must do, is enjoy your life while it lasts. The world can take care of itself, and you need to just worry about enjoying your life right now today.

If you live by cherishing your life, rather than fearing your death, you will ENJOY things.

That is why I Enjoy ATS all the time. Despite the topic or debate.

I try to think about what people talk about, and form my own conclusions for my own life. I thank everyone friend and foe for their help in the quest for knowledge.

Sometimes we are wrong, sometimes we are right. Let's just enjoy it while it lasts.

Be thankful we even have the ability to type our thoughts so freely in the first place. No need to get all bent out of shape.

Try not to take life so seriously.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The reason I called ATS a Rorschach Test is because it isn't any thing.

What you see tells us more about you than it does about the world itself.

If you think ATS is Fear, than You are Fear.

If you think ATS is Fun, than you are Fun.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottscorpion
there is nothing to fear on this website.
i read here everyday as this site is the funniest site on the net.
the paranoia in some of the topics makes me laugh so much sometimes.
but to be fair there is a lot of intelligent posters who debunk everything that is posted.
i have often wondered why people call it a conspiracy site as it more of a paranoid delusion site with intelligent debunking.
still good for a laugh though

my personal award for post of the day.

not a conspiracy site, but a paranoid delusional site.

lol, so true.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The reason I called ATS a Rorschach Test is because it isn't any thing.

What you see tells us more about you than it does about the world itself.

If you think ATS is Fear, than You are Fear.

If you think ATS is Fun, than you are Fun.

i think ats has a very nice shwang that everybody's down with ... and also lots and lots of money ... uh, i mean positive energy rays and sweet chakras.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I agree, but you have to check out the sources on some of the posts. There are some things that I do find amazing about ATS. Some surprising news is posted 1 or 2 days on ATS before the main media will report it...such as, the Norway spiral. If you compare ATS information with the main media outlets, you can tell what parts they're covering up. If something really scares you, do some research on it. If it's legit, you'll find several sources to back it up. I however, don't take seriously posts that say in several days we're going to have some devastating event. If they do pan out, I and many other ATS users will surely take note of the user name and give credence to his or her posts. If it's any consolation, people have been predicting the end of the world many times and those dates have always passed with no significance. Do you remember the Y2K scare? One of these days someone will get it right. No sense worrying because if it does happen, we're all on this boat together!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If you fear what all the doomsday threads / end of the world 'prophets' on here have to say, you are not desensitized yet. Man up and embrace the inevitable. You should be happy about a scenario like that occurring. Why? Because at the end of the road, there's peace. That's what I look forward to. I don't mind a bump in the road, because it will all culminate into something better for our great planet. We're obviously not going to better it ourselves; just look at the corruption going on in the USA. There's nobody to turn to, because they are all apparently puppets on a string. People are too afraid to congregate and do something about it, and how would we even do so? There is just SO much power behind TPTB, it's frightening. Either the 'good' countries do something fast, or prepare yourself for the worst (maybe not!).

Peace!

[edit on 3-7-2010 by free_form]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Enquirering Minds wanna Know....

It's called "Gossip". It makes people who aren't important like myself feel that they are, when in all reality even the people we talk about are the same as us and if anything we are worse for sticking our noses where they don't belong. We are all a bunch of crackling ninnies in reality who would be much better purposed actually helping one another instead of this "sudo" help of information, none of which actually ever happens.

If people don't believe that they themselves are "TPTB", this psych site has done it's job.

There is a reason Psych and sick sound so similar....look around at us zombies....useless really.

Anyway, you just have to treat this site how it is meant to be used. You are in line, waiting to check out thumbing. As soon as you hear "next please", just set the mag down and don't purchase it. It was fun while you were in line, now back to the real world.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
I agree, but you have to check out the sources on some of the posts.

Dare I say that no source is 100% ?

If you really wanna play skeptic, you can't trust any source at all.

Any document, photo, story, etc; can be easily faked by those with the tools and know how.

So what are we left with?

Our own brain. Our personal lives and experiences.

Only you know for yourself. "You Decide" as they say.

Have a look around you and determine what you can from it.

So there is only ONE Source you can Believe. Yourself.

And even then, you may find yourself questioning yourself. Beware.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
For awhile I shared the viewpoint of the OP ... too much crazy stuff going on or about to go on or promised to go on.

There were a couple of prediction-type topics in here that I followed so intensely and that I was so sure would come true I called off work for them.

I've learned in my years here ATS is no different than the WWW as a whole - you HAVE TO create and put up your own filter for the material.

Sure, once in awhile I'll get caught into debate over the latest bug flying by a camera that is supposedly a 16,000 mph UFO, but for the most part I filter that stuff out.

And trust me once you are able to, this place is still a gold mine. I used to go to MSM sites for news, now I check ATS at least twice daily. Check the HOT, TOP, your favorites, subscribed threads.

My advice to start: check out some of the less-traveled forums like Fragile Earth. The Yellowstone thread alone has gotten me hooked on geology to the point I am thinking of getting a secondary degree in it. Some great minds frequent some of these forums.

ATS != Fear. ATS = an encyclopedia - excellent knowledge interspersed with some crap and filler

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I remember when I first started visiting ATS, I would read just about anything. I would literally click on the "recent posts" tab every few minutes. After a couple of months, I started to become depressed. Whether it was the realization that the world is not what I thought it was, the fear/panic spreading topics that were posted, or something else, I never really figured it out. I don't think it really matters though, because I made myself take a break from ATS. Within a few days, I started to notice a positive change in my attitudes and outlook on life. I spent about a week with no ATS, and it changed a lot for me.

When I came back, I stopped looking at so many doom and gloom type topics. I still read about current events, but I didn't read everything. I think one of the biggest things that helped me was that I learned what to read/what not to read. Kind of like I know that I don't like really scary/horror movies, so I never really see those films.

All I'm saying (or at least trying to say) is that if ATS is having a negative effect on you (fear, depression, whatever), then maybe the best thing to do would be to take a break (a few days). When you come back, try and resist reading about topics that cause these feelings (or at least do it sparingly).

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Great thread...

You know the scariest thing to happen to me, is when I did 2 points of Dimethyltryptamine ('___') for the first time. Reality was broken up into geometrical fractals. I think I briefly understood two dimensions of time and space, just before my consciousness was blown of into a dimensional state of what felt like non-polarized awareness...

I think ones experience here, like anywhere else, is so completely subjective, that to refer to any "honest" interpretation of said experience as fear mongering, is just plane ignorant.

One who honestly believes that 9/11 was an inside job, that UFOs exist, that your charter of rights is slowly being eroded, or that hyper-dimensional reptilians are taking over the world, could be considered as fear monger to another. One who sees you associate your self with the "conspiracy" connotation, could see you as a fear monger! Where do we draw the line? Who sets the presidence? Should we do it here?

I figure so long as we try to be honest, we can do no harm. And perhaps with diligence and perseverance, we can weed out those who would do harm us by not sharing that same honesty.

There are a limited number of mediums where people such as my self can feel free to truly express, with out fear of condemnation. It would be a shame if any of us were to lose any peace of this experience here.

Truly there is more knowledge in intuitive inspiration, then pragmatic reality. There should be no fear in inspiration, and its that same inspiration that has brought us all here in the first place.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

I wouldnt make such a genralization. There are many many posts and members discussing why not to fear and how to overcome fear. Drop into the philosophy metaphysics and psychology forum every now and then to balance out what may seem like doom and gloom.

From a song by muse called Uprising, "If you could flick a switch and open your third eye, You'd see that we should never be afraid to die"

For one who does not fear death, or knows nothing is really destroyed and lost forever, not much on ats can be seen as fearfull.

Buddah said "the whole secret to existance is to have no fear"

No fear propaganda spread by the PTB through msm or any other form would be effective if the masses lived by this, without keeping us down with fear we would be so much harder to control. Truth seek what may have been kept secret from you about your true nature as consciousness so as to allow them to cause fear in you.

If the sheep aint scared of the sheep-dog, and the crows figure out what the scare-crow really is....they are free from the fear that was restricting them, it was the fear and not any actual threat keeping them at bay.

Love is the opposite to fear, so perhaps more time doing what you really love and with people you love you may find your much calmer, just a thought. Meditation can be a great way to find love even if one is all alone in this world they will find infinite love lies within waiting for them.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by polarwarrior]

Well said, couldn't agree more.

If we were to know the truth about everything going on in this world, we would not be able to handle it all, I have no doubts about that. But that's why no one has all the answers, not even tptb - information is spread out across all human consciousness. You can tap into it though and find things out for yourself, and that is where you consciousness comes into play - what will you do with yourself? Will you follow the fear or the love?

ATS is a great site, but there are many things posted that are just scary to believe... look at 9/11 for example, it's scary to think your government would have anything to do with something so horrific but you come to terms with such things over time, however it never leaves the back of your mind. You just need to learn what you can handle and what you can't. Back down a bit if things are bothering you... take a break from ATS if you must. But closing your mind completely is just being a coward IMO; it's like knowing you can do something about what is going on in the world but deciding it's better to not believe nor deal with it what so ever.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join