It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies and women

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Funny....I'm female and I tried expalining the NWO to my brother-in-law and although he knew and understood everything I was saying he just wasn't buying it.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuLife
Funny....I'm female and I tried expalining the NWO to my brother-in-law and although he knew and understood everything I was saying he just wasn't buying it.

That may say more about the general suspension of disbelief required to accept the ideas of a NWO being formed by generally self-interested and usually incompetent individuals the government than your brothers intelligent or common sense.

People that wanted to form a NWO 100 years ago already got what they wanted. They rule the world, beyond the power of the government, mission accomplished: they are called corporations.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Do the multitude of male strength building, male-health, male bodybuilding magazines not count in this, then?

I'm not saying that womens' magazines aren't aimed to make women feel guilty about how they appear. I'm just saying that your generalization is inaccurate.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by widdershins]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by widdershins

well, if the debate were centered around you and your personal life, then your point would be strong. but it isn't. this isn't about you. you probably surround yourself with like minded people. so do I. I know lots of girls who are in on the conspiracy. In fact, they seem more passionate. This doesn't change the fact that, in general, women are less likely to have these "tin foil hat" thoughts. check my earlier post on this thread, you won't come away from it thinking that I look down on the xx chromosome gifted. I actually revere them.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Wow, what a sexist thread! I'd hate to think even some of you are serious, but you can't all be trolls wanting a rise, a fight.

Although I'm not your typical female, vie always been interested in male dominated areas of life. I'm a pilot, I love to play poker, science has always been a favorite subject of mine, and I excel in these areas. I've always loved conspiracies, I read my first book on the Kennedy assignation when I was in fourth grade, I remember this because I kept discussing the book with my science teacher at the time, who I had a huge crush on, and was hoping to impress him with my outstanding knowledge of the subject. Haha.

My point is, that even though I differ from the crowd somewhat, I do know quite a few other women who are into conspiracies.

More importantly, I think you should encourage female interest in this subject, and this board instead of posting a rather skewed thread that seems worded to incite a defensive response!

That's all I have time for right now!

Oh, and FYI, even though I happen to favor some of the more masculine traits, Im definitely well based on the feminine side when it comes to my looks, and my girly fashion sense! I've got a couple pics up on my media page.

Take care y'all! Happy July 4th!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano
reply to post by ReAlIzAtIoN

Actually, I think there are quite a few of us here on ATS, but most people don't realize we're women.

For example, often times, when I post something, people always refer to me as a male when the post something back about me. It's really no big deal to me, so I don't usually point out their mistake.

So, perhaps, there are a lot more of us than you think.

I also was getting a lot of being called dude, bro, and man so I changed my signature line to pink.
I think my avatar looks male though

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
My answer: Men > Women.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theflyingscudman

I'm not saying that the this debate centres around me. I'm saying that it's as absurd one.

The truth is that women who are interested in conspiracies are often not interested in talking to men about it in the open. Why would they? Does every man who's interested in the NWO strike up a conversation about the who's who of it with the nearest woman?

Not bloody likely.

And I don't do the same with the men I meet, either. The majority of them still think I don't know how to change the oil in my car, or replace my flat tire.

I just feel like this threat went from being a genuine question "Hey, why does it just seem like there are less women" to being a somewhat aggressive thread towards womens' place in conspiracy-land as a whole.

Suddenly we're back to being meal-makers and child-coddlers? It's not a fair regard. Just as it would be unfair of me to take the stance that all women are interested in conspiracies. (Neither are all men.)

Yes, I do surround myself with like minded people, but our love of the odd isn't what made us friends to begin with. More often, it was something a deal less exciting. Fandom, fashion, or other interests that have nothing to do with the nature of things discussed on ATS.

I don't know.. It just seems like this thread is just chock-full of folk- both men and woman- who would rather believe that "the majority" of women are uninterested when really... Well. who here on ATS knows the majority of women?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Now, if you're talking about a female swamp beast, I beat 'em.

If you're talking about chitter chatter, well, we're doing that now.

As far as a woman who wants to smother me with kisses, and beared teeth. I give them a knuckle sandwhich, minimum.

link   
Yea I do also think that women are less interested in these conspiracy things because sometimes when I tall about conspiracies to some of my female friends, they usually look at me as if some of my screws are loose.

link   

Originally posted by acrux
What are you all on about, every woman in the world is in on the greatest/oldest conspiracy in history.

If you truly don't know what it is you have a lot to learn.

You are so right ! Women have been oppressed by men for to long. Way to long! So don't ask "why" they participate less. If you get pushed a side to for to long, the most intelligent think to do would be to find something else better to do.

I'm a male and I could argu for the rest of my life about physical difference. There so ovious ! Ok some time nature bring that "boutch" type woman who's pretty strong. But nature also give us Chris Crocker (google "leave britney alone"). One thing is for sure, we have to let them be. I mean, there always be girls who want to be a boy and vice versa. It's only in the last 50 years that we have learn to live an accept. Have we really accept-it, I dont think so. Hope where getting there ! Macho Kent on Princess Barby will alway want to protect there self againts this type of social diffenrence.

Woman are fundamentely wired differently. In the end, there are just as bright as men, no argu about that. The diffenrence is simply the subject of interest.

True, talking mecanic or conspiracy theorie with a gal is rare. Sadly.

Like that ATS member who signed "Me in Avatar on the first VT machine I ever built." ( A guy on a machine with no shirt on). Is he really showing off the machine ? Or it's beer type marketing ? Or ... testotrone ? Boy's will alway be boys and girls will alway be girl .... Well almost

This thread is a culture/social thingny, not a mystery !

[edit on 3-7-2010 by truthy-bird]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praxilla
Wow, what a sexist thread! I'd hate to think even some of you are serious, but you can't all be trolls wanting a rise, a fight.

We are talking about the general population here. Women ATS's, for obvious reasons, absolutely would not fit into the subject matter in which this discussion is about.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthtothemasses
We are talking about the general population here. Women ATS's, for obvious reasons, absolutely would not fit into the subject matter in which this discussion is about.

"Not fit". You mean not interested ! Big diff. Because I'm pretty sure they are welcome to try or comment the "matter in which this discussion is about".

[edit on 3-7-2010 by truthy-bird]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
TPTB want to keep us at odds fighting over petty things.

Race. Gender. What country or area you live in. Age. Interests.

Imagine if we gave up the petty fights that they have obviously engineered?

We might band together and turn our attention to them.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
" Did society tell them to act dumb ? How many Men out there really respect a strong Woman's opinion instead of finding it threatening ?

I think this says it all, we need to embrace the feminine. We don't have to feel threatened by strong women, instead we need to show the rest of the women that we love the strong ones. I do feel that T.V. plays a big part in influencing our roles in society, turn it off, I did about a year ago and I no longer feel like I have any limitations. Ladies please do the same, we need you with us. That cannot happen if you're hypnotized by The Bad Girls Club, or Desperate Housewives, or any other crap that teaches you the only power you have over your spouse is to cheat on them. I really feel that we are gods and you are goddesses, it's sad that you don't realize this.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Now my hippi talk ...

When you look at someone as a humain being ... subjects dont matter. You just hope it's well presented and make sense.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Very very sad. There are more responses of "women don't have the mind for it", or something like that. When are you all going to realize that generalizing any group of people is problematic? Because you can't!

Yeah, I'm a woman. Wife. Mother of three (all under 18). College educated, yet chose to be a stay-at-home mom. And....gasp!....have always thought "out-of-the-box". I do have some friends that don't really have a clue about conspiracies -both men and women!!!! I also have some friends that are fully aware of what's going on, and can discuss it at length - both men and women!!!!

And for those that only know women that don't have a deep thought in their head - why do you surround yourself with idiots? That speaks more about you than it does them.

[edit on 7/3/2010 by Lolliek]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have a feeling one day this thread will be littered with edited posts bearing a date months from now. It's quite interesting from a social and psychological perspective, though. One thing that really sticks out for me is the clamoring to attach a value judgement to the consideration. It's not enough to ask why there don't seem to be as many women visibly involved in conspiracy theory subject matter. We must also declare that it is clearly a good, healthy, productive thing of which women do not take part. So now women have something that needs to be explained or atoned for. It's funny that many of these posts talk about women shying away from rational, critical thought when the posts themselves are completely devoid of it. Huge, sweeping statements about women with absolutely no factual support, just that "wink wink, nudge nudge" hand-waving. Surely it doesn't need to be supported or explained because we all know this to be true about women in general. It's somewhat nauseating.

I do agree that the appearance is that there are fewer women involved. Perhaps some of them do not like to gender-identify as much as men do because they are concerned with encountering the very attitudes present in this thread. Perhaps there is often a clear reward for identifying as a man while identifying as a woman is a liability. Maybe there are far more women participating here than is being assumed. Maybe many of them are lurkers because they don't feel like fighting uphill against people who are disinclined to take anything that they say seriously. Who really knows.

These ideas that they don't because they can't is just absurd. Perhaps the ones who do not will not because they feel it is a waste of time. And maybe - just maybe - it is, much of the time. And surely airing your controversial ideas in front of an audience that discards your contribution on the basis of what resides (or doesn't) between your legs renders it a waste of time. Deny ignorance, indeed.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think there is a rather good balance on this website.

But you have to remember, that the topics most of us ATS'ers are interested in, are technically a "subgenre" of most mainstream issues.

So that already narrows it down substantially.

Also, guys are more into geeky things.

It's true. Go to comic-con. Or a Trekkie convention.

Some gals get the geekness, others not so much.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jean59
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Since Finland was the first country in the world to give women the vote,
must mean that you are from Finland.....

Finland ---- 1906

New Zealand ------ 1893

I think you just made our point for us

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join