It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies and women

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by fulllspectrum

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by fulllspectrum
Actually i would like to claim that women are behind most of the things that really sucks in our society... i do not want to go into 100 lines of details, but let's just say, all waste in society can be credited back to women and their obsession to sick ways of altering reality...nuff said
Enuff said?

You said nothing of substance.

You brought forth a claim, then said, I could bring forth details to support my misogynist view but i cannot be bothered to do so, so I will reinforce the nasty sexist statement by repeating it, and closing with a sub par colloquialism meant to shut down further questions by those wondering how you meant to actuate your statements.

I for one would love that list of 100 details supporting your misogynist claim.

I'm sorry, but if you think my post is worth nothing, why try to break it down into simple cliches? do i offend you, and why? this is my truth and opinion, can't you handle that a person have an other opinion than yourself - and god forbid - say it out in the public...get a grip girl, the world is not all about what is right and wrong ....hint: of what you have been told... i think my posts have made that clear by now
For educational purposes for other members.

Besides I love your posts.

They are illuminating.

I enjoy your input as well, but they are all expected, sadly, would like a surprise or two someday

Yeah i edited, i made a spelling error, now kill me haha

[edit on 3-7-2010 by fulllspectrum]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I am a mom, and I must say ignorance WAS bliss.... I have had my eyes open a little TOO much, but now I can't turn back.... I am a junkie! lol...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by theflyingscudman

I don't know what groups of women the men around here hang out with, but I've never really surrounded myself with the sort that just stand around and bash men (or... anyone that didn't have it coming for that matter- females included.). The girls and I certainly do wonder about things.

(Do guys really do certain things when women aren't around, the toilet-seat issue, why the men we know wear their clothes to holes before letting us buy them new ones, things like that.)

That's not to say that we've never had a "Oh God, why am I with him?" moment or five. Just as many men have had regarding their female counterparts.

To answer your question a little more directly, If I'm peeved with something a guy does, I generally dumb it down because I don't want me daughter to think that all men are pigs. Her father is a good man, and there's no reason for her to think any less of him because he's male.

My husband returns the favour. He doesn't like most women because most of them have treated him like... dog heap. But if an annoying woman does something he doesn't like, he dumbs it down so that our daughter doesn't feel any less because she's a girl.

And besides- it's just the one person causing the offense, not all males or females.

And... Yes. For a period of time after I was raped, I did think that all men were pigs. I was scared of them, and they disgusted me. It wasn't because all men had done something to me; just the one.

But I can't remember ever just standing around with my girlfriends and saying random rude things about men as a whole. I just... avoided them.

I'm not saying that it's right to involve oneself with either misandry or misogyny. I see ignorance coming from both sexes on a fairly regular basis. (And not just here on ATS. This thread just happened to get right under my skin, is all.)

I understand where you're coming from regarding female privilege, but not all of us are raised or treated in such a way. Would that still make us less likely to see past a lie?

I guess the entire gender issue here confuses me is all. I don't see why a woman would be less likely to discover the next big truth than the next man.

And for the record, I'm glad you didn't think I was trying to be some femnazi. I wasn't entirely sure about how I came off as being with your reply being as it was. (Regarding the feminism, not at all your manners. You've been thus far pleasant towards me, and I'm as grateful as you've been.)

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Seeking truth is not a hobby. That was a complete insult.

Seeking truth is a way of life and really our responsibility to do so as celestial beings. Your comparison of someones hobby of watching the garbage known as "reality TV" to someone who seeks truth is completely asinine. So go ahead and call me an elitist when I say...Yeah truth seekers are much better people than those who's hobbies revolve around the mundane and ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthtothemasses
reply to post by antonia

Seeking truth is not a hobby. That was a complete insult.

Seeking truth is a way of life and really our responsibility to do so as celestial beings. Your comparison of someones hobby of watching the garbage known as "reality TV" to someone who seeks truth is completely asinine. So go ahead and call me an elitist when I say...Yeah truth seekers are much better people than those who's hobbies revolve around the mundane and ridiculous.

Hey, the beginning of this thread starts with people comparing what they do to women who watch TV or chat about Brad Pitt. It's only fair. As for hobby, I'd think you would need to realize some people do find what you do to be mundane and ridiculous. it's a way of life to you, to others it's a waste of time. I'm not sure why people take offense to this as it's a fact of life.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I am a women

Perhaps it is because testosterone causes paranoia?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I'm not talking about specific and easily debunked subjects such as 2012. Thats a bit of a strawman to bring up when talking about discrnment. The site is largely based on delineating misinformation and hoaxes from the morass of claims and statements. Stating that most people use information as a crutch is easy. That's like saying people who stick to provable facts are just bolstering their ego. In some cases, that may be true, but it is not a prerequisite and needs to be taken into consideration when applying it to each individual. You may believe that calling someone shallow is holding them as an inferior, but I don't. I don't think I am any better than anyone, whether they are horribly absent in curiosity or not. Some might, but painting the majority like that is destructive to any real progress. Why is your discernment of the invalidity of the more unlikely claims any more relevant that someone else's? You actually seem to agree with me yet hold some double standard. As far as insinuating, I tend to just go with what people actually say. Just look at the recent uproar over the hallmark card where a fluffy animal threatens a black hole. The NAACP are sure that this was insinuating racism, but it probably wasn't.

Mundanity is not relative. The word implies commonplaceness and lack of depth. Gossip is mundane, unheard of theories on little known conspriacies are not. Most people who go through life thinking theres nothing strange out there and suddenly come across the supposition that secret societies have steered world events throughout recordable history inevitably are provoked to grow as human beings. Dwelling on celebrity and banality never has and never will, unless that very dwelling propels one to look beyond what they normally take in.

You are mocking and insulting people who are interested in alternative and esoteric research. You may have a point about people insulting the sheeple, but then you make yourself complicit by implying that truth seekers are on the same level of self realisation as Perez Hilton. If you really believe that, nothing will sway you.

If someone bashing their head against a rock for the health benefits is told that they are foolish for doing so, they can either be insulted or stop bashing their head against a rock. Criticism is always constructive, as long as it is not meant purely to hurt and defame. Calling someone ignorant usually results from them being ignorant. It's not like calling them ugly or gauche. I do not condone calling people stupid unless the refuse to scan their thoughts and objectively display lack of critical thinking.

If people call me rude for pointing out their fallible, widely acceptable beliefs, I will call them rude for insinuating that I am instead of engaging me on my reasons for my assertions.

I know you weren't talking about me personally. That much is obvious. I just like to argue with people who need to be argued with. I am not hurt by your words, you just need someone to test your thoughts as much as I do.

I enjoy this discourse, please go on. I am even considering adding you to my ally list, whatever that means.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

So, do you think what a yogi does in a cave in the Himalayas is as much of a hobby as people talking about Kevin Federline by the water cooler? You probably don't, but there is something to be said about your relativity. Do you not believe there is an actually universe out there with specific things going on? You must. When someone devotes a great deal of their waking thoughts to picking apart their everyday reality, that cannot be placed on the same level as playing video games to blow off steam or writing short stories in ones spare time. The difference between a hobby and truth seeking is the relevance to the persons life. What you do on the weekend, such as waterskiing or collecting butterflies, won't effect how you interpret Whitehouse press statements and clothing advertisements, in most cases. Truth seeking most likely will.

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllspectrum

once again ... non-sense !

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by widdershins

I'm glad we had the chance to hash out these thoughts. I can clearly see where our misconceptions were rooted.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I am glad that we were able to speak... I admit that I was a little bit surprised at your response, as I probably did come off a little like sandpaper.

Either way- Misconceptions aside, it was pleasant speaking with you.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Thanks for all th inputs, I can truly say I've definitely read some things from this thread of some value to me.

I was not necessarily referring to women of ATS, it's obvious women here are very intelligent and open minded.

Once again, thanks for all the replies.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by theflyingscudman
reply to post by antonia

I'm not talking about specific and easily debunked subjects such as 2012. Thats a bit of a strawman to bring up when talking about discrnment. The site is largely based on delineating misinformation and hoaxes from the morass of claims and statements. Stating that most people use information as a crutch is easy. That's like saying people who stick to provable facts are just bolstering their ego. In some cases, that may be true, but it is not a prerequisite and needs to be taken into consideration when applying it to each individual. You may believe that calling someone shallow is holding them as an inferior, but I don't. I don't think I am any better than anyone, whether they are horribly absent in curiosity or not.

Again, I didn't specifically call you out, so I'm not exactly sure why you keep making this about yourself.

Mundanity is not relative. The word implies commonplaceness and lack of depth.

Yes it is, it's completely subjective. What is dull common and shallow to one person will not be to another.

Gossip is mundane, unheard of theories on little known conspriacies are not.

As stated earlier, this is how it is for you, that is not how it is for others.

Dwelling on celebrity and banality never has and never will, unless that very dwelling propels one to look beyond what they normally take in.

Why do you assume everyone wants to "grow as a human being"? We all have our own reasons for living. Some people are happy with their mundane lives. Instead of sitting here demanding people defend their lives maybe all truth seekers should get back to what they were doing.

You are mocking and insulting people who are interested in alternative and esoteric research.

Excuse me but, when did I mock or insult people who are interested in alternative subjects? I wouldn't be here if I held such subjects in derision.

You may have a point about people insulting the sheeple, but then you make yourself complicit by implying that truth seekers are on the same level of self realisation as Perez Hilton. If you really believe that, nothing will sway you.

You've never met Perez Hilton I take it? He's a general scumbag, but he's not stupid. He fulfills a need and he does it well. Alex Jones does the same. thing for a different set of people. In that respect they are equal. Needs are needs, I don't judge them. Unless you are hurting someone then I don't care.

If someone bashing their head against a rock for the health benefits is told that they are foolish for doing so, they can either be insulted or stop bashing their head against a rock. Criticism is always constructive, as long as it is not meant purely to hurt and defame. Calling someone ignorant usually results from them being ignorant. It's not like calling them ugly or gauche. I do not condone calling people stupid unless the refuse to scan their thoughts and objectively display lack of critical thinking.

Ignorant is subjective to an extent here. It's largely a matter of people not agreeing with each other. What makes someone ignorant in your eyes? They don't hold your world view? They don't know how things work? What is it? The problem here is many posters are just calling people ignorant sheep because they aren't interested in their world view. That doesn't mean these women might now know what is going on. We don't know, they might have their reasons, but to sit here and somehow pretend they need to be defended is silly. It's their life and their choice, everyone else can just go do something with themselves.

So, do you think what a yogi does in a cave in the Himalayas is as much of a hobby as people talking about Kevin Federline by the water cooler? You probably don't, but there is something to be said about your relativity.

Oh no, I do think they are on par. There are many people who think what a yogi does in a cave is absolutely pointless. Personally, I think it's about what makes people happy at the end of the day. If being a yogi in a cave makes you happy then by all means do it. If all you want to do is read US magazine and eat ice cream all day by all means, your call. It's not what I want for myself, but I do realize that everyone has their own path to walk in life. It's not up to anyone but themselves. They have to do what they feel it's right for themselves at the end of the day. If they are not hurting people then I don't care.

Do you not believe there is an actually universe out there with specific things going on? You must.

If you mean in terms of physical law, then yes there is order. But in a metaphysical or spiritual sense? No, I don't believe there is some grand order or specific goings-on. I'd describe it as a general clusterbomb.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by antonia]

[edit on 3-7-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I see. Our conflict here is moral and intellectual relativism. You think all things unprovable by science are relative. I do not. I really do think it is our job as human beings to progress from ignorance to enlightenment. You seem to insinuate that it's all about being happy.

Happiness is, in my opinion, not the end all be all reason for living. Thats why I don't do heroine and why I take on challenges that bring me great strife. If I attain happiness as a result of my choices in life, so be it. I will not, however, go through this learning experience constantly chasing a dangling carrot of seratonin, trying not to step on ignorant toes.

I believe that complacence and mindless happiness are contributing factor to indifference. Indifference is what lets bad people do bad things. No, this doesn't mean I believe happiness leads to suffering. What it does mean is that I believe the sole pursuit of happiness can lead people down paths of self destruction and manipulation.

If you really think Alex Jones telling people about the fed and bohemian grove is basically the same as Perez pontificating on consequence-less celebrity, then you will never agree with anyone saying anything that smacks of definitve truth.

A yogi doesn't meditate for years on end to be happy. The reason I brought him up was to demonstrate the difference between a lifelong pursuit and a trivial hobby. Your attitude is one I encounter often, and the people who have it generally tend to never progress beyond pleasure seeking. You obviously are here and aware of these topics, so you strike me as somewhat of an anomoly. Why would you bother to find deeper truths if you think there is no such thing and that it doesn't matter as long as you get your rocks off? Very interesting indeed.

If you want to cut up my reply and respond with one liners and simplistic statements, that is fine, but I would like to humbly request(GASP, someone actually asking something of you!) that you just respond in a cohesive statement of opinion and not in a manner prone to out of context arguments. You are not taking things out of context, but people who do find the whole dissect and respond method to be their cup of tea, and I like it when people form their thoughts into a flowing statement of opinion instead of staccato assertions devoid of longform explanation.

Actually, I kind of pointed out the root of our disagreement, relativism vs objective truth, so do what you will. There can be no more progression beyond that.

What do you think is going on? What is your grand theory of the machinations of life and the nefarious deeds of it's devious players? I am very interested in what you think is at the bottom of things besides the boring pursuit of kicks and giggles.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

If you think there can be no more progression then I have to wonder why you are replying to me? It would be a waste of your time wouldn't it? You make a lot of assumptions about me. I must be some hedonistic, celebrity gossip junkie, video game playing pleasure seeker. Most people would find my life fairly boring. It is what it is.

To you the problem is that I do not see an objective truth. I don't see this as a problem. I see the problem as you believing that somehow everyone needs to be living toward the same goal. I don't see life that way. Even if there was some spiritual order, it couldn't be that way. Growth is relative to the person doing the growing. What is nothing for one person is massive for another. One of my close friends loves to talk about Twilight. I don't even know what the crap is, but whatever, I let her talk about it. I say that i'm not interested in it. She lets me talk as well. She doesn't seem to know much about how most things work, she gets that glassed over look in her eyes. She gets bored when I talk about politics or whatever crazy subject I heard on Coast to Coast AM the night before. So what should i do? Tell she is ignorant and beat her over the head? No, I wouldn't be much of a friend if I did that. I've realized she's got her own path to walk and it's just as important as my own. I don't know what life intends, if anything, for us. I just leave it alone.

The strange thing here is that Yogi in a cave would probably give you a similar message. The Truth and Light are intimate matters. It cannot be taught, it must be self-realized. You don't know how that realization will come. It may never appear to you someone could learn something of the human condition from a video game, but who knows? It may have happened.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ah, there we go. I see your pont and am relieved that you aren't actually some pleasure hound battling against the naysayers of the world. I will concede that a yogi possibly might differentiate in his standing on the issue, but I brought him up to differentiate between hobby and meaningful pursuit and probably veered from my original intent on mentioning him. I firmly believe that, when it comes to growth, you are correct. No to paths are identical.

The problem is that some people are wrong. Just plain wrong. I have friends who think wrong things and I see them acting on these assumptions and receiving negative responses from the ,mystical feedback engine that is the universe. There are instances when I choose not to bite my tongue, and 9 times out of 10 they ignore my attempts to intervene. Of those 9, 8 will come back to me later and thank me. I'm no guru or self appointed healer, but I like to think that there is some good that stems from beyond me that I have stumbled upon.

Your friend who likes that movie twilight would benefit greatly by having all the subtle embedded mind control techniques of that film being brought to her attention. I was taking your path with that exact situation till I heard one of my friends little sister was emulating the characters. She is just starting high school and happens to be moving to a new town. In the movie, the main character does just that and has an attitude of indignance and spite for everyone around her. There is no reason Zooey, my friends sister, should affect this negative outlook other than following suit in hopes of befriending an impossibly attractive creature of the night that pursues her for no distinct reason.

I know I sort of contradicted myself in terms of reasoning for argument and response, but oh hell, the show must go on.

What I am trying to say here is that Twilight is evil and must be dismantled like a malfunctioning predator drone attacking herds of sheep.

The last word goes to you, tony.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
i am female and i happen to agree. most people i talk to about this stuff are males. however i do not agree with where some of those comments are going. saying that a lot of females carry traits such as being totally into the media and what movie star is doing what, or chose to spend their time gossiping etc. i think the number of males who are totally into themselves and have that whole me me me mentality may be equal to the number of females. its not that men are more interested in 'the truth' or 'how things work' as somebody else posted. i dont think it has anything to do with those topics. its very possible that its just one of those things where its a 'guy thing'. just because a lower number of girls are interested in this kind of stuff doesnt mean that they would rather be gossiping about brad pitt. it could very well mean that she would rather be reading or focusing on family. or even into art. music. anything.
they want 'the truth' hidden. maybe girls just believe what is in front of them easier than guys. people dont feel the need to question ANYTHING anymore. and most of the products out there are geared towards females. make-up, clothes, fake hair, fake nails, fake boobs, tv shows about winning life partners. females have waaaay more being thrown in their faces and more to keep their minds occupied with tons of stuff that does matter, but its there anyway because we have no choice. its being forced at us everywhere.
so i have seemed to talk myself into a circle. maybe you guys were right after all haha

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
Perhaps women don't post here because they don't want to talk to egotistical men like these previous posters. It has become a self fulfilling prophecy - you think women are materialistic idiots; therefore, women don't post here, and then you use this as proof of their lack of intelligence.

Great logic. So if women would post a thread saying that men are idiots, then men wont post in that thread and women can use that thread as proof all men are idiots.

Can a woman start a thread please and say men are idiots? And we'll see how that goes.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
Well, you cant lump every woman into the "stupid" category..but I do tend to agree..lol..my mom cant even pump her own gas.

Its pretty much impossible for a person to not be able to learn that, so I think it probably has more to do with she not wanting to learn it.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano
Actually, I think there are quite a few of us here on ATS, but most people don't realize we're women.

I dont know if you have played World of Warcraft, but I heard 60% of players are actually female in that game. Yet I think most guys dont even think of the possibility that their gaming pals may be girls.

Which is what I love about the internet actually. Gender is a non-issue. What we think and say is everything. Nothing else matters. People get treated equally. Unlike real life.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join