It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies and women

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Let me get straight to the point.

Why do you think there are less women in the "conspiracy field" compared to amount of men? What I mean by this, from my point of view, I see less and less females who are really interested in conspiracies, whether real or theories. It might be possible that I'm highly mistaken, but I'm very curious to find out what the ATS community thinks about this.

Looking forward to some responses.

Realizaton.

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ReAlIzAtIoN

If you can tell if I am male or female I see your point.
If not, I have made mine.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by walibi

I see your point but I'm not specifically mentioning ATS, but rather conspiracy world in general.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It would be nice to read what others think of the issue I've raised.

Thanks.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but most females I know seem much less concerned with important issues of the world in general. I don't know why, but this is just what I have observed around me. They tend to gossip more and are more worried about their physical appearance than anything else. I'm a female by the way.

I just graduated high school, so maybe they will grow out of this.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by HarmonicNights]

thedeadtruth, I am also very uninterested in how technological things work, but I am VERY concerned about how our world is run. It affects everyone daily and should concern anyone and everyone. Come to think of it, I can't say that it seems like more males are interested in 'conspiracy'. Most people in general have been conditioned to scoff at the mere mention of conspiracy. But it is still apparent that females tend to be less concerned with major world issues in general.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by HarmonicNights]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HarmonicNights

That's exactly what I've noticed as well, why do you think this is so? Why aren't women interested in regarding the world in general?

Of course, I'm not implying that all women are the same, but majority that I've noticed seem to be a bit lethargic towards the world events/conspiracies.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It has nothing to do with "conspiracies" but rather the "inner workings" of things.

I have only been alive for 40 odd years but overall ( not all ) most Woman I have meet have zero interest in how things work. They don't want to know how their TV works, or their car, or anything else around them. And they rely or use this stuff every day. So were would the motivation come from to research the hidden agendas or inner workings of the world around us ?

Marketers actually rely on this lack of drive to analyze things and be a skeptic to push their products.

Also..... Recent research has shown that testosterone is one of the driving forces behind skepticism. www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

I agree with majority of what you've stated, and I wish I can possess an answer to your question. This just had me thinking recently and I was unsuccessful in my quest to fully comprehend the inner understanding of a woman.

Thanks for the article, I'll check it out.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Indeed, women don't have much drive to understand. I just recently broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years for this very reason. I have a pretty large library on many metaphysical subjects as well as scientific and religious and philosophical. I would spend hours explaining to her things I know, things I've researched, quantum mechanics, the NWO, etc...and while she would listen to me, it all goes in one ear and out the other. As soon as i'm done, she goes right back to the TV and her makeup and her cute clothes and hair, and pop music on the radio. This is why in the media, women are portrayed as the decision makers, the money handlers, the shoppers, the smarter, fairer sex....Its their minds that keep the world in the hole that its in, and TPTB know this. And please understand, in NO WAY am I a male chauvinist or feel that men are in any way better than woman. I just choose to be real and honest with the situation.

Recently, Jesse Ventura was on a TV show that comes on around 2, and is aimed for woman. Kudos to Jesse for not holding back on ANYTHING; I mean he was talking about 9/11, the fed, JFK assassination....he was letting it all out. You should have seen the host and the faces of the audience members. Then it's goes "Well thanks Jesse for coming on, and now a word from McDonald's and Cosmopolitan magazine..." They hear it, but they don't want to believe it. The majority live in a fairy tale, Disney world. It takes too much energy to investigate these subjects, too much courage, and it would mean putting down the makeup and vain attitude. Our women have become blinded by consumerism of every kind. Makeup, Clothes, hair products, "cool" music, diets, plastic surgery, celebrities, reality shows, credit cards...EVERYTHING on TV is geared for it! All this crap rules their world, and subsequently their husbands and boyfriends world as well.

The only solution to this problem is to turn off the damn TV and radio.

I know I went on a rant here, but again, I want to reiterate in no way am I against woman, or feel men are better or smarter. But come on ladies, lets wake up! Granted, there are a few who genuinely understand this, but they are few and far in between.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Interesting thread realization. In my experiances the woman has household and also children to contend with, And realy don't want to hear
bad news ( Conspiracies ) to top their day off with. Can't blame them,
Some scary stuff going on right now It can almost stop forward movement.

regards, robbo.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hmmm.. Being Female...I think that we are a bit more low key possibly...
But Men and women are wired differently as well... I think that is the biggest reason.

Not only that, equal opinions between men and women are looked at totally different.
While a man is Assertive… a woman is labeled a B…
While a man is athletic , a woman must surely be a lez.
Just some examples.
However you are correct, most of my female friends tend to be clueless in politics and conspiracies ect.

I myself have become a lot more outspoken in the last few years. But then both of my kids are grown now and no longer my main focus........

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
In general, men may be more fascinated by the way things work but woman tend to focus on motive and intent and the psychological aspects of the plots and lies and deceit. And while it does seem that men do tend to outnumber women as theorists, it might be because their side of the discussions tends to dominate. This then probably discourages women from participating more. Doesn't mean they don't think about it or follow it. Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I am what I would call a young grandmother but grandmother all the same. Most of the people I have talked to over the years about world issues and conspiracies have been male. When I talk of such things to females - they just sorta stare - maybe say thats scary and change the subject. I do know some females that are technically inclined but when it comes to getting deep into issues they back away. I thought perhaps it is because females are programed to protect their young - therefore refraining from anything that might bring trouble. One thing I have noticed is in an emergency the female keeps a level head and in most cases proves to be an asset to the situation at hand. But it has to be an emergency, not just an everyday occurance. As for myself - I keep most stuff to myself these days, would rather read and discuss issues on ATS. I talk to my partner about issues from time to time and he responds but he is very much into technology such as Ham radios - he says that when the SHTF he plans to contribute thru communications. Anxious to see what others have to say. Thank you for an interesting topic.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReAlIzAtIoN
Let me get straight to the point.

Why do you think there are less women in the "conspiracy field" compared to amount of men? What I mean by this, from my point of view, I see less and less females who are really interested in conspiracies, whether real or theories. It might be possible that I'm highly mistaken, but I'm very curious to find out what the ATS community thinks about this.

Looking forward to some responses.

Realizaton.

I am Female and the only people I've had serious conversations about conspiracy topics and other going-ons of the world have been men. When I try to ask the opinion of a female friend while talking with a male friend about these things the general response is a "im not that smart like you are lolz!" or some variety of it. Though this may not be the same for all of the implied females, this is just an example of the ones I've known. Immaturity and a strong refusal to listen to what goes out of bounds of their little lives is rampant among them.

This is just from my experience.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I personally find the old " they have Kids etc... to worry about" a sad excuse for intellectual laziness. It takes no more effort to keep up to date with the world than following Brad Pitts love life.

They shy away from important topics when they are young and care-free, and older and care-free. They are usually only interested in something when it is broken and effects them directly. Then they want a Man to fix it.

The question we as Men have to ask ourselves is " is this our fault ? " Did society tell them to act dumb ? How many Men out there really respect a strong Woman's opinion instead of finding it threatening ?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Where to start. I guess misogyny is alive on ATS. I know women who care very deeply abut conspiracies. My personal favorite is the one about the religous right trying to take away personal freedoms, especially the right to reproductive choice. These people are real and way scarier to me. Or maybe this whole thing is just more disinformation to hide the fact that we are eminently more capable than those suffering from testosterone poisoning. The whole premise of women calling other women less than capable is cultural indoctrination and part of the patriarchical plan.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
dottt....

I am sorry but how Woman treat and trash talk each other is something no male I know understands or supports. It is all about the me, me, me, mindset. Local petty competition, not global awareness.

And sorry but outspoken religious ideas are not exactly complicated hidden conspiracies.

The only Woman I truly loved could talk for hrs on any given subject.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Some very interesting responses so far.

I believe many women are very much into conspiracies. I know a lot who are.
I know as many men who are clueless about the world than women are.

This being said I think women are less likely to show their interest because of the the structure of society. It is how we shaped ourselves to be.

"Don't worry your pretty little head dear, just scoot your big ass back into the kitchen and make me a sammich!"

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dottt
Where to start. I guess misogyny is alive on ATS. I know women who care very deeply abut conspiracies. My personal favorite is the one about the religous right trying to take away personal freedoms, especially the right to reproductive choice. These people are real and way scarier to me. Or maybe this whole thing is just more disinformation to hide the fact that we are eminently more capable than those suffering from testosterone poisoning. The whole premise of women calling other women less than capable is cultural indoctrination and part of the patriarchical plan.

These two statements clash. I guess misogyny is alive on ATS / that we are eminently more capable than those suffering from testosterone poisoning.

Coversation stopper.

Regards robbo.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well! Just because males are more loud-mouth, chest-pumping about conspiracy theories, doesn't mean they are more interested in them or more capable of intellect productivity. It just seems that way because males are more wired to be competitive and to control their environment.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join