It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies and women

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
I....
The question we as Men have to ask ourselves is " is this our fault ? " Did society tell them to act dumb ? How many Men out there really respect a strong Woman's opinion instead of finding it threatening ?

Well, there you go; there lies the problem. Almost in every civilization, since the dawn of time, the female has always been used as the barometer for the male to mesure his “statue”.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Please note: I come from the first country in the world to give Woman the vote. I am proud of this history, but it saddens me that most waste that vote on frivolous ideas like what politician looks the best.

I have never even heard a male mention looks in a political conversation.

In my job I get to talk to about 100 Woman a day, so get a good overall idea of what's important to them, and it staggers me sometimes how far we as a society we have come, but most Woman have not come with us.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Yes but it is frustrating when they are given a green light, but want to spend time looking in the shop window instead.

Riddle me this the Woman on the board who think we are being sexist...

Why do most Woman have almost no clue about how their own body works. I work in the health sector and am constantly explaining the very basics to Woman. Seemingly well educated Woman. Where as most Men I engage on the subject have a fair bit of general knowledge no matter what their level of education is. There is a massive gap in the thirst for knowledge in what I would say is a VERY important area of being a human being.

How can you not be curious about how the only thing you really own works ?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This may catch a slap but maybe its a conditioning thing. By that I mean the years of suppression and what not still leaves a mark. Women were basicly told what to do and how to do it for the past 2000 years. Now enter the MSM. I know it is a stretch but i've often thought the same and thats what i come up with. Now obviously i am not talking about the girls in our midst but more the kind that are caught up cougaring about or sex in the citying...The majority that join Oprahs book club and live and die by what Ellen thinks.... or the newest pocketbook that Michelle is toteing. I feel the majority is more easily influenced by what others think and thinking that lil green men are gonna comedown after the great appocolypse of 2012 is not what the majority thinks. Please dont think I am being chauvinistic I hold woman in the highest regard and cherrish my every moment with them. Just my buck fifty.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I think the fundamental issue this conversation will have is that the kind of Woman we are discussing, will never see this forum.

We will only get a backlash from the vocal minority who will refuse to admit we have a point. But if this causes even one of them to help wake the sisterhood up, then it was worth the flames

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Robbo2006

I was thinking along this same path. Traditionally, women have been responsible for raising children, keeping a household working, while men have gone out to provided for their families. This caused men to experience more outside influences.

It's genetic, I think, in some respects. Women are generally more nurturing, and this is good. I'm not saying women should be in the home, attached to the stove, Not at all. In my family, I was always and still am the chief cook and bottle washer. And I sweep and mop floors, too.

I can tell you, though, that my wife was better suited for caring for the children on a day to day basis and I was better suited for getting out of the home and working a job.

Would you want some mom ranting on and on about conspiracies while she is trying to raise some kids with love and hope? Not me. As a father, I could go on about such things, but it was good I wasn't around all the time putting my paranoia, whether it was justified or not, constantly into my kids' brains.

Now, there are many, too damned many, single moms trying to raise kids and also work outside the home. Yeah, they could instill in their sons that they need to treat women with respect and nurture their kids, and they can also instill in their daughters, don't be taken in by asshats and have kids and be unprepared to fend for them and yourself. The deck is generally stacked against a woman when it comes to jobs and pay. So they need to influence their sons to be fair and decent, and also teach their daughters to be strong and take control of their destiny. Not much time there for considering conspiracies, other than the great one, that too many men are buttheads, and too many women put up with that crap.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
There are innate differences, whether it be between sexes, races, or difference sexes within races; everyone is surely different according to natural selection that occurred with past evolutionary environments.

As some previous posters noted, this could easily be looked at as an evolutionary trait. To protect ones children, it is usually best to remain calm and collective. Blocking out negative thoughts or images seems to be essential to this. If our ancestral mothers panicked, and abandoned their children, we may not be here right now. This may be a large assumption but I am just conjecturing right now.

Lastly, I recall reading somewhere that there is a 25% increase in efficiency between the left and right brain for women, which explains the reasons for better multitasking.

More information here:
askville.amazon.com...

Anyway. ttyl

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
"Not much time there for considering conspiracies"
==============================================

It's really not that hard to do some researching when you can. All you have to do read, observe, and THINK. I don't think there is any good excuse for not thirsting for the TRUTH.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I'm not in any way trying to degrade women or imply that men are more intelligent beings. It's just from my experience, women are less like to speak with you in regards to world events, history, conspiracy.. things of that nature.

I think it's true that watching these pointless reality shows and all other useless garbage that they instill in your minds on television might lead one to become apathetic. But, men also watch television, so how come more men are interested in things mentioned above? It's just something that intrigued me for a while which I can't seem to fully comprehend.

There are a lot of intelligent women, but I think they might be a bit low in numbers when it comes to topics mentioned above.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
A great example of this can be found on the Graham Hancock site ( specifically the article section ) I only found one female author amongst a whole page of men - do women as a rule lack investigative qualities ? This is something I have been pondering a lot lately .

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by destiny-fate

That's true, I've frequented various sites and on a very rare occasion one would find an article written by a woman.

I've also been thinking about this here and there, maybe we can somehow get to the bottom of this and who knows, maybe even figure it out. But I guess maybe some things are just not meant to be uncovered.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Although I might be way off the mark..... it seems sometimes that Woman have become greater victims of Materialism, which strikes me as odd as I have always viewed Woman as being more Spiritually connected.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Personally as a woman, and an over-all conspirator, and I mean I take these things very serious. Survival, food, vaccines,gov.programming,political and religious conspiracies, I have not met 1 man that has wanted too discuss any issue, and those that I have seem to find it very weird that someone (a woman), would have such concerns.

I think that the difference is the social programming of women in this society to shut up, and look good. I think that if women could realize that men want a woman with an open mind they would. But this unfortunately, is not the case.

I cannot say that is any particular sex that's doing this, but one is not helping the other. Look into the media, subliminal messaging, movies, t.v, its all right there.

Since Ive been on these types of sites for many years, it still took me some time to start to post, and I understand my thoughts as a woman/mother/friend/conspirator, have the same value as a man, but it depends on which man.

I hope that one day we can all come together and not judge one person on the merits of another, but that's seems to be way, way off. Ive always known that this isn't for everyone, and even recently wrote a post about my relationship, where I am the one who is on ATS and other sites daily, due to not wanting to wait for wrestling or the 360 (x-box) to give me my current news, and how woman are also conflicted as to what they can say, or not.

I home school my kids, to teach them the values that we really have in our lives, and with 2 boys and 2 girls, I know that I have to teach my daughters in a different way. Ive told my daughter, you ARE different, you will have a harder life than those that watch Disney, or want to look like all the other girls, but I also told her that being this kind of different, also makes her special, she will search on her own, she will not be gullible, and she will not wait for a man to do anything for her. My motto is, what can you do for me, that I cant do for myself.

This is a media issue, a parental issue, an ego issue, and a human issue. One that I hope will be appreciated in our time.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Women as a whole aren't lacking, however many are... just as men are. I'm one of those dreaded barren women who think too much or so I'm told. Hasn't stopped me yet. Perhaps I'm burdened with too much testosterone because I'm extremely skeptical... about everything, including conspiracy. I don't lack investigational skills, I just want a rounded theory before I open my mouth.

In my field, I work with an equal number of intelligent women who question everything and the frivolous creatures you're speaking of. I find there are an equal number of men who are just as frivolous. To paint us all with the same brush because we don't speak before we think is just plain silly.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
This is very simple because I have heard a few talk about it while I was growing up. 'Guys dont like smart girls.'

It was mentioned before in this thread.

Females that are seen as intelligent or successful are viewed as a threat and therefore somewhat exiled. With this viewpoint, some females will pretend to not know what a male is telling them about and letting them believe they are teaching them for the first time. Take a look at women who are successful and if they get married / stay married / etc. Some see it as a choice of being smart and showing it or being alone for life.

I hold out the hope that being smart wont make me be alone for the rest of my life...

This is my theory anyhow. I do believe there are genuine bimbo Bambis just as there are dumb Bubahs who cant add 2 and 2. Just keep in mind that everybody has their own story and groups are made of an array of different people.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EminenceofAeon

The next time you are in town look at the couples walking hand in hand, and ask your self what is their attraction to each other, For a couple to survive will be required to comunicate at the same level, Being together is education, Live together learn together.

Regards, robbo

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReAlIzAtIoN
reply to post by destiny-fate

That's true, I've frequented various sites and on a very rare occasion one would find an article written by a woman.

Hancock's site states

This blog is a place where ideas and perspectives on the past can be put forward and discussed by other writers and researchers as well -- and indeed by ANYONE with something interesting to say and the ability to say it

by ANYONE !!! Yet the page is full of male authors ?? I mean I am a woman and initially I was annoyed by this revelation !! Was the predominance of male authors on Hancock's site a conspiracy against women ? On further investigation I seriously doubted it !! I hope no-one reacts in a childish manner and takes offence at my OBSERVATIONS because that is all they were merely OBSERVATIONS - I do not for one minute think men are superior to women - I think both sexes are innately different.

In response to a comment made earlier I don't think any of these men were flippant in their research or INVESTIGATIONS and believe they presented their thoughts and findings extremely well.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

I think it dosen't really matter weather your female or male. It boils down to the persons interest.

I would say it's your environment where you grew up and lived in that could have influence on your interests.

I am a male and do have male and female friends. When I talk to them about world events etc they both don't care or listen.

I got guy friends caring more about the soccer matches and who is winning then the unemployment problem we face today.

when I was little I used to watch the news with my dad and I still do. I think the reason most not all but most women don't care about current events because they are into how they look and who is a cute guy and all like that latest movie that makes women scream for more that vampire romance movie. I am not trying to do a put down on the women but I notice they are leaning more towards marketed products.

I just learned some liners use bat crap. Well processed bat crap. I told my female friends and told them that is what it is but they didn't believe me because they wouldn't think a company would put that in their product and marketed it without labeling it.

My overall point is that our society well marketing keeps the women busy. Not all but a good majorty. This is also true with guys too. like I have guy friends that like to buy the latest eletronic gadgets because they feel cool getting the latest cool gadgets. Yet they don't know a thing about them.

Like I said overall point is that it dosen't matter if your male or female. The environment and your personality has a big influence on your interests.

So far my friends are not interested in conspiracies at all. Both are male and female. When I talk to them about stuff I read on ATS they laugh and be like oh did the crazies tell you that and this. They would then ask where is the source is it from cnn, fox news?

if not then it's trashy information. The girls I know only care about what guy is cute and how they themselves look. If you talk about politics or anything about whats going on in the world they would be like ewww gross boring. they would rather talk about other people like gossip or go to a party. My guy friends are more into sports and current events meaning they do talk once in a while about the gulf but then forget about it and talk about sports or some funny youtube video or what video games they will buy next.

So it boils down to a persons interest. I am on ATS because I am interested to hear theories and to learn new things. I read many threads and found many good valid information from not just politics or government projects but from computers to health.

So for a person to have interest in conspiracies they must be interest on learning new things or looking at information at different view points. Well to learn more then what you know already about knowledge that is hidden.

So to answer the original posters question I would think the reason women aren't interested in current events or conspiracies is because they lack interest because their envirement meaning other female friends fall for marketing gimics and monkey see monkey do kinda thing. The reason they care what they look like is because of our society. We have companies take pics of model or celeb women and it sets a example that all women must be like that. Yet just to let you know not all women are like that. It depends on who raise the lady and how she grew up and who their friends where. I mean if the girl grows up with friends that got into drugs most likely she would join them.
I think if your male or female and thirst for knowledge you most likely be into conspiracies and many subjects that would answer your questions or subject your not fully knowledgeable but would like more information about.

Before I came here on ATS I thought the IRS was a government agency. I was told by my college and highschool that it was. Yet on ATS they said it wasn't and gave supporting reasons and sources as to why they thought that way. This was when I got hooked on ATS and conspiracies. The reason is that if someone objects to something I love to listen to why they don't agree or their point of view cuz thats where you learn new things and look at things in a new perspective.

Hope this answers your question. Sorry for the long post. I would like to hear what others thing about this topic.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ReAlIzAtIoN

90% of females that i have met or know, have a great deal of interest and understanding of world events.
Many i know do not have the luxury of pursuing their interests, due to the workload they have.

Women in general are appalled with the male of the species, fighting all the time, over everything and nothing.

We are very aware of whats going on...so don't deceive yourselves that we are not.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Since Finland was the first country in the world to give women the vote,
must mean that you are from Finland.....

Pathetic to think that men stopped women have a say in the running of their country.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join