It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beautiful Iran You Weren’t Aware Of!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
reply to post by OrionHunterX

We are aware of what Iran looks like, if you had used the search button for pictures of Iran you would have found some...from last year in fact. But what does that have to do with them a moron for a leader????

I find your post to be par for the course when it comes to the general education level of this country...from your slanted version of reality which is cultivated by media, all the way down to your poor grammar and punctuation.

The only reason why you choose to think that they have a moron for a leader is because of the propaganda that the media has force-fed you. It seems that you willingly choose to consume this propaganda because it fits in with your predisposed notions of the world, however, if you didn't have the media thinking for you and telling you whom to hate, you might just take a look around and see that the United States also has a moron for a leader.

Quit consuming American media and taking their word at face value. Not only does television make one stupid and incapable of rational and critical thought, it also programs people with dubious agendas while keeping them hostage as consumers.

Will there ever be a day when society as a whole figures this out? Didn't we learn any lessons from WW2? Capitalism eventually begets fascism. Welcome to the Divided States of Embarrassment.

Namaste and Love. I hope we evolve before its too late.

Again, I repeat...

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
it does not excuse any country from it's wrong doings.

And that is the link to Germany in the 1930'3-1940's (to the mod that asked).

[edit on 7/3/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

Can you be more specific with what Iran has done to equate what Nazi Germany did? If I'm going to take this seriously I need to know because most of what I've seen people putting Iran down for is internal matters. Germany did much more than that.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Whoa, this thread came to a grinding halt. I guess it's easier to say Iran is like Nazi Germany. Another thing to actually draw the comparison.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

We are aware of what Iran looks like, if you had used the search button for pictures of Iran you would have found some...from last year in fact. But what does that have to do with them a moron for a leader????

We've had morons for leaders ...what is the difference ?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Germany was a beautiful country too, in the 1940s..............

I keep seeing this but have yet to see a correlation between Nazi Germany and Iran. Can someone who keeps putting this forth explain that to me?

Not sure what answers you're looking for. But an example is that homosexuality is considered a crime in Iran and is punishable by death
LGBT rights in Iran
Germany : Persecution of homosexuals in Nazi Germany and the Holocaust

Both seem to have had a "live and let live" politic, regarding this, untill the revolution in Iran and before the Nazi party came in power.

In Israel it's not considered illegal by the court of law.
LGBT rights in Israel

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

That doesn't really fly. Homosexuality has always had problems. Whether it's illegal or not, many gays were killed in the US back in the day. Btw, I didn't mention Israel at all.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

That doesn't really fly. Homosexuality has always had problems. Whether it's illegal or not, many gays were killed in the US back in the day. Btw, I didn't mention Israel at all.

Yes, that's true. In Denmark "hatecrimes" happens as well. And as far as it goes about Iran. The point i made. That is same as Nazi Germany.

No. You did not mention Israel. I did. Could be, some would like to know, despite what ever they do. At least you can't blame them for hanging homosexuals

[edit on 3-7-2010 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

OK, I can buy that. It's an internal matter though. I'm sure there are other countries that have the same internal policy over there.

That said Germany went on to push their agenda on the rest of the continent, and parts of others. The Nazi's lasted 12 years. 1933-1945. In the almost 3 times as long as the theocracy has been in place in Iran I haven't seen them do anything else like the Nazi's. Well, that little thing with Iraq was neighbors squabbling.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

OK, I can buy that. It's an internal matter though. I'm sure there are other countries that have the same internal policy over there.

That said Germany went on to push their agenda on the rest of the continent, and parts of others. The Nazi's lasted 12 years. 1933-1945. In the almost 3 times as long as the theocracy has been in place in Iran I haven't seen them do anything else like the Nazi's. Well, that little thing with Iraq was neighbors squabbling.

Ok ! Thanks for compromise

Yes agree. To compare Iran's internal affairs with the Germans external affairs is not comparable. Of course not.

Personally, i don't believe anything is comparable with Nazi Germany as a whole. Not as black and/or white.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Women being stonned to death goes unnoticed, proves ATS like the rest of the world ignores female issues.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Your pictures are irrelevant. If you believe they will change anything then you are naive.

World forgot what "Merciful Angel" did to Yugoslavia back in 99'.
Plenty of pictures back then, beautiful pictures of christian monasteries, maternity wards, TV stations, civilian trains, marketplaces...all turned into ash.

World forgot so fast... depleted uranium shells and cluster bombs used in middle of Europe, bit more then a 1000 kilometers away from Geneva... how long do you think will they remember and how much will they care about some country in a place they can't even point on a map?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
Women being stonned to death goes unnoticed, proves ATS like the rest of the world ignores female issues.

Then bring it up.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Then bring it up.

You make very strange posts, to be a moderator. By posting it, she has already brought it up.

Although it is true that they were invaded, they went on the offensive once they had pushed all Iraqi forces from Iran. They dragged the war out from 1982-1987, knowing full well that they would never be able to oust Saddam. They killed millions of their own people by trying to expand the war beyond their own borders. It did them no good, dragged the conflict on, and killed millions. Iraq started it, but once they secured their own border they chose to continue the war into Iraq. By doing this, they showed just how bloodthirsty their own leadership could be when angered.

Compare this to Finland during the Winter War of '39-'40, and you'll see that a country is fully capable of fighting a defensive war, and staying within it's own borders, if it's leaders are capable of rational thought.

Khomeni said himself that there were to be no conditions that Iraq could meet to stop the war. It was a war for regime change (sound familiar?), and only Hussein's death, and the installment of an Islamic Republic would bring about an end to war (presumably solely overseen by Iran itself, setting up an Iraqi proxy state).

So, let's get serious here. Iran is one of the oldest civilizations in the world, going all the way back to the Persian empire. They are home to a diverse set of people (*gasp* just like every country on Earth), who are not always easily labeled by outsiders. Most educated people know that they are simply hampered by idiotic leadership (I refer to Ali Khamenei), and a debilitating theocracy.

Oh, and they have a beautiful country...why is this even amazing to some people? Earth is beautiful.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Yes, I agree with the moron for a leader but also include the worlds leaders: UK, US, Russia, Canada, need I go on?

Its the people that count, the leaders are all conspiring together and they need to be overcome, but not a single person, ie, man, woman and child anywhere needs to be seen in any negative light. We need to help each other overcome this matrix, shine our lights and share our knowledge, and carve pathways of love, and understanding between us.

OP: Iran is a beautiful land, and I wish awareness, happiness and joy to all the people, and want the women to take those darn scarves off, and start to shine their lights more. But I won't go to war to do this. Just think communication needs to start up grassroots between the worlds citizens and escape passages arranged so those making a different wont be compromised, but have a team to get them out if the tribunals turn on them.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I get those issues very much, and they must be dealt with but we can't do it with war, but somehow by communicating, sharing, enivisioning a peaceful, loving and equal world together and with practical things done, like tunnels out, teams to rescue individuals, support for movements with practical aid given to any who are victimized for speaking out an denouncing the things that are wrong in systems.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Whoa, this thread came to a grinding halt. I guess it's easier to say Iran is like Nazi Germany. Another thing to actually draw the comparison.

Well whether it is or not cant be determanind by these photos.....thats all I am saying.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Whoa! There's plenty on this thread that bashes Iran keeping American templates in view - democracy, human right and so on.

Ok, let’s see whether Americans have the right to keep bashing Iran - "that evil empire which has no democracy, is ruled by a tyrant and one of the largest militaries in the world having their fingers on the nuclear trigger threatening Israel, American interests in the Middle East and perhaps mainland U.S itself."

America too is a society dominated by militarism. Perhaps this is something that started with the defeat in Vietnam, when the US military decided to switch from an unpopular conscription to an all volunteer force ‘imbibed with the warrior ethos’. Perhaps it’s always been in the America’s DNA, considering its history of violence in subjugating the land, natives, European competitors and finally the world.

It isn’t a secret that our supreme political status in the world rests on militarism. It’s there for all to see – Vietnam, Korea, the Middle East, Africa, Afghanistan, the Rose, Tulip and Orange revolutions in CIS Republics and let's not forget the massive psyops and illegal warfare that has been used against Iran by the CIA. Bush had asked for an additional $400 million to continue covert operations inside Iran!

Well, America has a finger in every pie.

The United States was the first country in the world to develop nuclear weapons, and is the only country to have used them in war, with the two bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It has conducted over a thousand nuclear tests and developed many long-range weapon delivery systems. It maintains an arsenal of 5,113 warheads and facilities for their construction and design. How does Iran compare?

So why do Americans see only Iran as being a dangerous, evil, militaristic theocratic state with no democracy and human rights? But what’s so different? Is it American democracy? A democracy where millions are jobless, where the rich get richer, where the honest tax payer’s money is used to bail out billion dollar corporations and their CEOs, where private financial institutions and oil cartels control the economy, and where health care is still a pipe dream for the have-nots? Human rights? Less said the better. Remember Abu Ghraib? And that was just the tip of the iceberg.

Both countries base their power on the military; both countries are run by elites; America has citizens who are completely ignorant of the outside world, living in a cloistered shell lacking an unbiased genuine media and public discourse watching trashy TV owned by the PTBs who have an agenda of misinformation and propaganda, much of it spewed out by the government.

So I think we should rein ourselves in and stop bashing others like we are the paragons of virtue, a shining example of democracy and the epitome of human rights. Let’s get our house in order first before pronouncing judgment on others.

To the American policy makers: Live and let live. You don't have a license to kill. You don't have a sanction to rule the world!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

and how would you describe the usa who have started 34 wars since end of WW2 and currently finance the fascist pig govt. of israel and its inhuman butchering of neighbours?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I have worked with some people from Iran and I must say they were some of the nicest people I have known. We must not let the USSA and its' evil allies, the Zionist in Israel and the UN attack this country for their oil. Iran must not become another Iraq and Afghanistan! That is the plans of the global elite. Love not Hate! Peace not War! We are all ONE! Namaste

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Much better are these three youtube videos about Iran and its people, well, this is the 2nd, you'll see the other 2 links there.
www.youtube.com...

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join