It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beautiful Iran You Weren’t Aware Of!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Regular pictures like these on the main stream media news would change the world, considering that 6 billion people get their view of the world from the news.

Is it even possible to think of Africa without thinking of children with flies in their eyes, or AIDS, or genocides? We are all very TV-programmed arent we.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by nik1halo

Yeah, inconsoleable that one! most miserable person I've ever seen! Poor woman!

Really, whos those guys in the pictures on the wall? Evil and lesser evil? Ugly and Uglyer.

Looks like they are in the same party and stuff.
What freedoms they enjoy.

Looks sort of like an Amish nighmare gone real time.

David Koresh takes over Texas...and stuff.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Logarock]

You are probably quite young since you dont realize that American culture looks just as foreign to them as their culture looks to you.

upload.wikimedia.org...

How weird must not American politicians look to them with their business man suits and podiums? The only reason that looks normal to you is because you grew up with it. Just like their culture looks normal to them.

Besides, most Iranians are very much like us in the west.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Great to see that some one is on Iran side, no I am not serious, of course there are beautiful places and people in Iran, and many of the people are not the radical American-Israeli hating types like their leaders, but if it came down to it, I would rather see them balsted back to the stone-age than to see my friends and family hurt.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure you have to be rich, or related to someone who is rich to live in these areas of Iran.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
lol the ignorance here is unfathomable

on so many levels

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by nik1halo

Yeah, inconsoleable that one! most miserable person I've ever seen! Poor woman!

Really, whos those guys in the pictures on the wall? Evil and lesser evil? Ugly and Uglyer.

Looks like they are in the same party and stuff.
What freedoms they enjoy.

Looks sort of like an Amish nighmare gone real time.

David Koresh takes over Texas...and stuff.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Logarock]

You are probably quite young since you dont realize that American culture looks just as foreign to them as their culture looks to you.

Yous are all the same and so full of assumptions.

I was in the service durring the Iran hostage crisis. Have been to a number of nations abroad as serviceman and civilian and no not to the tourists hot spots.

However I learned about other cultures and people spending summers down in deep Appalachian setting as my dad was from the hills but we lived in flat farm land many miles away.

Anyway you know what I am saying in the above but just need to make your point here at all costs....You have to build the straw man to make your point.

Ayatollahs running a country is a very large drag. You can keep them.

Oh by the way I have met a Persians or two and know that they or many of them dislike being called Irainan. Did you know that? Iran itself is a nation with tribe issues all the way around. Show us some pictures of the lovely Krudish countryside that the Irainains have sacked a few times wont you. Living as a Kurd in Iran is like being Sioux in South Dakota 1870.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
If you are curious what souls you find in Iran, listen to some authentic Iranian music.

Here are a couple of characteristic examples:

One of my favorite songs titled Pejvan although I have a much more dynamic studio version:
www.youtube.com...
Ey Asheghan - O Lovers: www.youtube.com...&feature=related
another rendition: www.youtube.com...&feature=related
and a last one ... it is interesting to note that the simplicity and the rhythm is already a bit Western.

www.youtube.com...&feature=related

After the Islamic government banned music, traditional music went through a virtual resurgence - with the collaboration of many expats in places like Paris or the US (where Lotfi taught). When the Islamic Republic banned female singers, Zoya Sabet appeared as a new star.

This says a lot about Iranian mentality. Also, this is an Islamic country where people regularly drink beer and spirits.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Most of the people in Iran just want to live their lives and love their family and friends just like anyone else anywhere else.

However, there is no way we should ignore a government that condones the slow hanging (via a crane) of 16 year old girls such as Atefah Sahaaleh, whose crime was having been raped and drawn in to a sexually abusive relationship with a former Republican Guard three times her age.

Iran is second only to China in the number of citizens executed by the State.

Love the people; despise the government.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I would agree tragic is a very good word. It is tragic that the EPA and our Govt. forced BP to drill in 5000 ft. of water. BP made it very clear they wanted to drill in 500 ft. of water. It is tragic people hate big oil when they had a perfect I repeat PERFECT offshore drilling record. They would still have a perfect record if they were able to drill where they wanted. The left wants big oil out just like you do. They are willing to do anything to accomplish it. They push them farther and farther out to drill until something goes wrong and then they make sure they (big oil) gets blamed and not them because most people don't know the law. Obama didn't care about the accident he caused. He even turned down international help. The longer this goes the worse big oil looks. To the left the means justify the end. Meet the new boss and he's drivin' an electric car.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Iran is a Theocracy. The people are different, mostly antiauthoritarian and deep-feeling, as are their everday customs.
But then again, we struggle with another type of theocracy in our midst: fifth-stage Theocracy (electronic Theocracy) as outlined in the seminal work War in Heaven by American Medium Kyle Griffith.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net... Fifth-stage Theocracy is like the Borg in Trek.
Idol-worshipping can be part of that. After you die, you can either reincarnate or be hijacked to a heaven. Now whether it is a Shi'ite paradise, a concert by Hendrix, Jesus preaching or Allah rewarding zealots - it is all the same.

None are better than the other. Some are bloodier at home, some are meaner to foreigners. And with TV, the entry of 5ST into Iran is clear. Israel is also under Theocratic control (4St and 5ST).
The point is freedom, human and humane development of a world civilization which has beautiful music as well as colorful people of different varieties.
In contrast, Theocracies always have a paranoid setup and they point outwards collectively to some other group that is the enemy, the dark power. These are telling signs.

The Iranians will not submit to any Western power.
The Chinese will probably break free of the vestiges of Maoism soon.
These two nations have a rich history in life strategies that may come useful in coming times. And the West has made a tremendous impact on them both. The Shah and Khomeini were the price of Iran to enter a sort of modern development, and Maoist excesses were the price China paid. It is as terrible as Stalinism was in Russia. But historians would point out that without excesses, they would not have industrial-driven modern societies now. So why do not they simply integrate? The answer lies in out own zealots, neoconservatives and our generally 5ST (Fifth-stage is electronic control) society. Believe me, the freedom and the individualism cherished in the West have already deep roots in Iran, and they are sprouting in China, and they are all the craze in India.

A war would not serve the interests of advancing what we think of as our values in the West and what they also began to cherish. We would be also in a harder and harder position to enforce environmental preservation if these countries are not friendly to one another.

If our own Theocratic controllers antagonize entire nations, though and if we let them - there will be war and human development is delayed. Is that what we want? Pressure will not work on Iran or China. And the truth will eventually come out.

We armed the most suppressive regimes because our leadership believed in the gospel of economic growth to the rich investors in secret. And we antagonized then someteimes took over oil countries.
Doe the average Westerner wants to grab his opil and place a repressive sheikh on top of a murdered hierarchy, or do you want to educate people through culture and mutual help to on how they can implement alternative lifestyles to their particular brand of theocracy?

Chimpanzee logic always caters to fear - first chakra. We humans add manipulation - because X corp want money, your country is in danger. Thrash those beliefs and you will find yourelf desiring simple interaction with those people instead of a military confrontation with 5ST equipment.

[edit on 7/2/2010 by Kokatsi]

[edit on 7/2/2010 by Kokatsi]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
There are beautiful places in China, North Korea, Cuba, Chile and Iraq. There were beautiful places in Germany at the same time Hilter was exterminating Jews and Russia had beautiful places when Stalin was burying those who disagreed with him in mass graves.

My point is whats your point?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Germany was a beautiful country too, in the 1940s..............

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
not to mention its the only if not one of the few countries whos borders havent changed since the begining of recorded time
but this isnt about the people can we loose the term Americans the British the Iranians the Russians for THE PEOPLE of any NATION want the same things you and i do PEACE TRUTH JUSTICE LOVE its the governments of all the nations that have lost the plot as they have all been busy concoting there own plots in all the countrys no matter how big or small there are probably a dozen people in the seat of power that dictate policy and plan wars/conflicts and inumerable ways to control enslave and farm the masses by forced belifes and doctorines of hate and indifrence and manner of means that pray upon the fears of the normal humble human beings more so now than ever for there time is indeed short and change is at hand like or not it is prophecised if not written that it will be catastrophic and horrific but change is in the air indeed but my obama it isnt your change we belive in the change of the age is at hand and that is most definately divinely orchestrated just as you and all those who hold a seat of power like you are orchestrated by your puppet master for i tell you something i know for sure YOU are all being given enough rope to hang yourselves so when this is all over you cannot deny your own truth and thus become your own judge jury and executioner !!!!! FACT.
AND PEOPLE ,HUMAN BEINGS THAT ALL BLEED THE SAME RED BLOOD.
"TREAT PEOPLE AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM TREAT YOU " and this means in your hearts and minds "THIS IS THE BASIS OF ANY TRUE RELIGION" as spoken by the ONE JESUS CHRIST.
for 99.9% of the time where you were born dictates your religion it is as thrust upon you as is the tax code your given to give your money to Ceaser so understand PEOPLE "FAITH" has nothing to do with RELIGION it is a sense of belonging you have a sense of knowing and connection to the ONE and ONLY god THE GOD OF CREATION who cares what name you call him by is not the interpretation of the name that any race or religion calls there god essentialy in plain english spell out GOD OF CREATION so there fore are we not all from and part of the ONE same god

AND THE DAY YOU AWAKEN IS THE DAY YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AS INDIVIDUAL HUMAN BEINGS I BEG YOU ALL """LAY DOWN YOUR SWORD"""" let your governments and religious leaders perpertrate hate but as individuals stand for your innner core your root belife in YOUR GOD in your brother or sister as basic human beings do not join armys or forces and if your in them abstain from fighting or conducting a doctorine that is contradictory to the essance of your religios teachings LOVE thy NEIGHBOUR as THYSELF because personally id much rather die that cause harm or malice to any of my bretheren and defile the root teachings of ALL THE GREAT AND TRUE PROPHETS of religion id name them but i fear there are some i do not know and would miss them out CONSIDERING THE MIRACLE OF GOD is it not possible the one god and his son appeared before the whole world and we simple humble human beings due to our diversity and seperation upon this earth called him and his ambasador for the truth and enlightenment a diffrent name because at the end of the day it is all purely a matter of FAITH. belife in something you cannot prove or easily explain.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Great pictures!

I love the one from Kurdistan.

Although I can hear the Zionists utter: "But they are mooslims! brown people, terrorists! kill them ALL!!"

Sad because the beautiful people, culture, knowledge, land, religion is exactly why Zionists want to destroy it in the first place.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
greetings everyone from new zealand. Just goes to show what the western MSM dont want you to see, i recently saw some pictures from gaza, its the same a beautiful place just like you've showen here whereas i thought gaza was just a bombed out waste land and iran not much better i guess because thats all they show on tv. have a great day everyone

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Looks like there has to be at least once a month a "#load of Pro-Iran propaganda pictures"-topic
Oh and not to forget: Those are the people who voted their crazy leader

actually, no they didnt.

mebbe you remember the massive protests and whatnot?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I suppose the reverse can be said about America. Basically, someone post all the horrible pictures of America the government doesn't want people to see. It's all about image and exceptionalism.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Germany was a beautiful country too, in the 1940s..............

I keep seeing this but have yet to see a correlation between Nazi Germany and Iran. Can someone who keeps putting this forth explain that to me?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Pretty pics. Would I have a 10 page thread with as many star and flags if I posted pretty pics of Israel? I think not. All this is is propaganda.

I would like to say, though . . . that all places in the world have beautiful scenery and normal people.

You fail to realize in this propaganda piece, that, while having a beautiful country-side is nice, it does not excuse any country from it's wrong doings.

And that is the link to Germany in the 1930'3-1940's (to the mod that asked).

[edit on 7/3/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

They still stone women to death for adultery, scandalous in the 21st century. .

From Amnesty International

www.iranian.com...

I have Iranian friends here in the UK, they can never go back as they are against the Mullahs religious politics.

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join