It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is happening down there - and it's happening FAST

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
continued

Obviously, the oil and gas pressure hasn't fallen off
In fact... it's increased.
The problem is that BP may not only have hit the mother of high-pressure wells, but there is also a vast amount of methane down there that could come exploding out like an underwater volcano.

I recently heard a recording of Richard Hoagland who was interviewed on Coast to Coast AM.

Mr. Hoagland has suggested that there are cracks in the ocean floor, and that pressure at the base of the wellhead is approximately 100,000 psi.

Furthermore, geologists believe there are another 4-5 cracks or fissions in the well. Upon using a GPS and Depth finder system, experts have discovered a large gas bubble, 15-20 miles across and tens of feet high, under the ocean floor.

These bubbles are common. Many believe they have caused the sinking of ships and planes in the Bermuda Triangle.

That said, a bubble this large — if able to escape from under the ocean floor through a crack — would cause a gas explosion that Mr. Hoagland likens to Mt. St. Helens... only under water.

The BP well is 50 miles from Louisiana. Its release would send a toxic cloud over populated areas. The explosion would also sink any ships and oil structures in the vicinity and create a tsunami which would head toward Florida at 600 mph.

Now, many people have called Hoagland a fringe thinker and a conspiracy theorist. And they may be right... But that doesn't mean he isn't on to something.

EPA finds high concentrations of gases in the area

The escape of other poison gases associated with an underground methane bubble (such as hydrogen sulfide, benzene, and methylene chloride) have been found.

Last Thursday, the EPA measured hydrogen sulfide at 1,000 parts per billion — well above the normal 5 to 10 ppb. Some benzene levels were measured near the Gulf of Mexico in the range of 3,000 – 4,000 ppb — up from the normal 0-4 ppb.

More speculation of doom

The Oil Drum, an industry sheet, recently ran an article about the sequence of events that tried to stop the oil spill.

The upshot of industry insiders was that after trying a number of ways to close off the leak, the well was compromised, creating other leaks due to the high pressure. BP then cut the well open and tried to capture the oil.

In other words: BP shifted from stopping the gusher to opening it up and catching what oil it could.

The only reason sane oil men would do this is if they wanted to relieve pressure at the leak hidden down below the seabed... And that sort of leak — known as a “down hole” leak — is one of the most dangerous kind.

No stopping it

It means that BP can't stop if from above; it can only relieve the pressure.

So, more oil is leaking out while BP hopes it can drill new wells before the current one completely erodes.

BP is in a race against time... It just won't admit this fact.

According to the Oil Drum:

There are abrasives still present, a swirling flow will create hot spots of wear and this erosion is relentless and will always be present until eventually it wears away enough material to break it's way out. It will slowly eat the bop away especially at the now pinched off riser head and it will flow more and more. Perhaps BP can outrun or keep up with that out flow with various suckage methods for a period of time, but eventually the well will win that race, just how long that race will be?

... No one really knows...

Which leads us back to Mr. Landau's point about the mudlogs and why BP won't release them.

I don't know... Maybe I'm wearing my tinfoil hat too tight this morning... But this stuff seems possible — if it's only a worst case scenario.

What strikes me as odd is the way the leadership of BP and the Obama administration is acting.

continued

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I'd like an explanation for the molten/eroded aspects of the pipe that were seen when the tophat was removed, if the only reason it was removed, was that some little rover bumped in to a hundred tons metal blob of steel

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I don't think the orange stuff coming out of the pipe now is magma but gasses that have been ignited by something, perhaps magma.

Could get interesting. When the camera quits functioning, you will know something dramatic has happened.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by whaaa]

If that were to happen, I'd imagine they'd replace the feed immediately with pre-recorded loops.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Take the picture in the OP

And compare it to the picture of the pipe taken on June 3rd seen above. You can see the piece of pipe that has molten/eroded away. You can also see that the amount of "stuff" flowing out from the pipe has dramatically increased.

[edit on 6/24/2010 by above]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Nothing is molten or hot down there.

The temp is freezing and is why the top hat was removed because they feared the gases weren't being vented properly and there was a chance of ice being built up in the pipe lines.

[edit on 24/6/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
live feed on ROV2 look's enormous.

www.bp.com...

check it out, looks way bigger than the one you posted at the beginning of this thread, am I looking at the right leak? the plume look's much larger than the exit channel of the pipe, must be extremely high pressure.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

uh, i really dont think its a volcano. its a pipe sticking out of the ground spewing oil.

lets not get our hopes up that mother nature is going to fix this, i dont think she thinks we're on the same team anymore.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
What is with this god dam world, all the earthquakes and undersea volcanoes and all that sh!t. My grandma says its almost as if the earfh is splitting in half. I read that post about Hoaglund. Not good! If this is true we could be looking at massive explosion on the seabed that could create a tidle wave that could wipe out a lot of people. I'm not usually paranoid enough to build a secret buncker but....Anyway, its interesting the the heat on the pipeline apears to be spreading and I think that this a lot worse than just a simple oil pipe leak. You said there appeared to be multiple leaks? There must have been something in the oil that steadily ate away at the pipeline. Maybe they were transporting some kind of acidic compound mixed in with the oil on that ocean liner and it is what's causing the leaks and it changed the pigmentation of the oil, turning it orange! It's a cover up!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FateAtkinson
... There must have been something in the oil that steadily ate away at the pipeline. Maybe they were transporting some kind of acidic compound mixed in with the oil on that ocean liner and it is what's causing the leaks and it changed the pigmentation of the oil, turning it orange! It's a cover up!

Any sand, rock fragments or other debris in the oil that's coming out would work very effectively like an extreme high-pressure sand blaster and could easily erode the pipe. This well is apparently damaged "down hole", so there is likely to be erosion of the surrounding rock strata. This eroded material is being carried up the hole to the well head and then blown out through the BOP.

There's been a lot of conjecture about that orange colour, but I am not sure what ocean liner you are talking about. I don't recall any mention of ocean liners being involved in this. The oil is gushing from a damaged well's failed BOP at the bottom of the sea. In any case, with the pressure and volume of the oil that's coming out I don't see how they could mix an acidic compound with it when it's still way back down the hole. We know they're adding dispersant to it as it emerges from the hole, but that won't change the color of the oil/gas/hydrates that are coming out and show that colour before they come in contact with the dispersant.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by above

Above- You DON'T believe, that a 5-ton ROV, knocked-over a MANT TON TOP??? Sorry- YOU are starting to think too logically- please report to our re-education FEMA camp, so you can be "readjusted", with chemicals and other, err, persuations.

Seriously- JUST when you think, "This cannot POSSIBLY get any worse"-
Oy!, as my Jewish friend would say!

This is troubling stuff. Interesting, though. Different pipes, of different lengths, to vent DIFFERENT things, eh? THAT correlates with LAYERS of stuff, down in that pit.

Do Not worry- whatever it is (my money, is on Sulfer deposits), it is NOT magma- THAT, would have melted the pipes, WAAAY below the surface.

The ONLY POSSIBLE solution, that I can imagine- is to "drill, baby, drill"- as MANY "RELIEF" wells as possible- and suck that cavern, DRY! With pressures like that- NOTHING will stop it, since apparently the well casing was fractured, BELOW the impermeable salt layer, at the INITIAL explosion. TWO relief wells??? I'd have a dozen rigs drilling. Then again- I do not stand to make any money on this, regardless of outcome!

Err- God- if you are lissening- we could sure use some "divine intervention", bout now! I don't care, if BP gets credit.

Those poor, poor people, on the Gulf. My heart goes-out, to them. Their way of life, has now, and forever, radically changed. Some, may not realize it yet. I understand a Captain of a local fishing boat, committed suicide, yesterday. I suspect, we'll see a LOT of this, in the coming months. I'm sick over this- later.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
One thing puzzles me. I hear that Obama has been very strongly advocating a move away from big oil, and towards cleaner cheaper and more environmentaly sustainable fuels and energy sources.
When an oil company aquires land that might contain oil or some other drillable substance , I would assume they have to apply for permission, owners of the land or not, to drill into the sovereign soil, the territory if you will, of the government, AND that they would have to put a health and saftey plan, and an environmental protection plan, through whatever body controls drilling permissions. With both these things, Obamas attitude to oil, and the amount of checks and balances which have to be observed in order to begin an opperation of this nature, I can hardly believe the series of failiures which lead to this blowout. Surely placing equipment which is unfit for purpose on a job this dangerous to not only the environment but the United States and its citizens , ought to be a treason on the part of the companies involved.
Something interesting though. Normaly speaking, when something disasterous happens as the result of industrial level neglect of duty a government steps in to clean up. When warehouse or factory fires occur for instance, the only people in the initial phase of the emergancy operations are fire service personel. Here of course there are matters of expertise to consider, but I think theres a deeper and more intellectual reason behind the continued involvement of this clearly inept company.
I think the US authorities DO know how bad this is , how bad its going to get, and want no part in it.They know that the worst cases everyone has heard about, are probably not as bad as the real total outcome. I believe that some very big power has been exerted on BP in order to make them continue thier involvement, and take responsibility for the fall out away from the White House. Its a smart move on the part of the US government , especialy since this will provide Obama with more ammunition to attack the oil barons. Smart, but not honourable.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

That is so funny (CNN) because I got up this morning, turned on FOX News and started my morning routine. I wish I had TiVo (spelling?) because they said "Coming up this morning, clean up workers found dead and BP is scrambling because they have been working with faulty information from the federal government." Well when the segment came up, they just spoke about how BP HAS been relying on faulty information from the government and they weren't on the topic for long. No dead workers mentioned, and they went right to the Gen. McCrystal story.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
ok I read the 1st page and the last page...
No where did I see anyone point out that the two pics being compared by the OP are from different angles....look @ the tall "double nut" on the flange....its the tell...maybe this has been mentioned..maybe not..but I can't read through a bunch of OMG...thats terrible.. and such to find out...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 0R10N

Originally posted by 0R10N
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

That is so funny (CNN) because I got up this morning, turned on FOX News and started my morning routine. I wish I had TiVo (spelling?) because they said "Coming up this morning, clean up workers found dead and BP is scrambling because they have been working with faulty information from the federal government." Well when the segment came up, they just spoke about how BP HAS been relying on faulty information from the government and they weren't on the topic for long. No dead workers mentioned, and they went right to the Gen. McCrystal story.

As soon as the news broke about General McCrystal, my radar warning went off. Since the story broke two days ago, the MSM has concentrated on little else. We as a people tend to be so fickle. We jump on the story du jour and forget what happened yesterday. I believe someone wants us distracted from what is going on in the GoM. I am suffering from information overload on the McCrystal story. And to be perfectly honest, I don’t care about this story. I want to know what is going on in the GoM. I want to know why the MSM is not reporting on the fact that oil has been spotted 2 miles from the Jacksonville beaches. I will not shut up and go away and hope you don’t either.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

It is stated in the OP that the angle is different:

2. Even more telling - notice the 'blob' of stuff on the flange. It wasn't there a few hours ago. Yes, the angle IS different. However, you still should be able to see the yellow discharge on the flange in the picture on the right.

So...yeah...we know.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorfl

If you look at rthe nut that resemble a cup...or mug...and try to look at this with that orientation and timing mark in mind...the yellow blob...as stated would be behind the pipe and out of view in the 2nd pic IMO...
Its rotated at least 90 degrees from the comparison pic.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
reply to post by Dorfl

If you look at rthe nut that resemble a cup...or mug...and try to look at this with that orientation and timing mark in mind...the yellow blob...as stated would be behind the pipe and out of view in the 2nd pic IMO...
Its rotated at least 90 degrees from the comparison pic.

Wrong. The "double nut" you are talking about is at about 6:00 on the left pic, and at 4:00 on the right. As I stated in my original post, it IS at a different angle, but the blob should be visible in either pic.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Thanks for linking that post it was very informative a very good read.I hope more people take the time to read it. Again thanks for linking that.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
we ARE doomed. this is not good

watch it

link
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-6-2010 by theboyka]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Here are some reference points for you. As you can plainly see, the shots are NOT 90 degrees out.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join