It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plastic bags to be put over Birmingham 'terror cameras'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Plastic bags to be put over Birmingham 'terror cameras'

news.bbc.co.uk

Bags are to be put over scores of surveillance cameras in parts of Birmingham after allegations residents were not properly consulted.

Safer Birmingham Partnerships (SBP) said 200 cameras had been put up in Washwood Heath and Sparkbrook, where there are large Muslim populations.

There were allegations they were for monitoring extremists, but SBP said they were intended to tackle all crime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The background to this story:

Birmingham Extends Overt & Covert CCTV Monitoring

When the cameras appeared above the rooftops in the Birmingham suburbs, some people realised they were mostly automatic number plate reading (ANPR) cameras, used to track drivers' movements. Protesters sprayed the camera posts with messages such as "1984 Big Brother" and "You are now entering a police state."

Those suspicious enough to ask what the cameras were for were given the impression they were part of a Home Office initiative to tackle vehicle crime on the Stratford Road corridor, an arterial route into the city.

While they may be used for ordinary crime fighting, they were put up to monitor extremists that the police and MI5 know to be living among the city's Muslim population.

The UK is an absolute joke. So let me get this right, because the "mostly Muslim" population of these areas of Birmingham wasn't consulted, they don't have to be subjected to extra CCTV coverage?

Did anyone ask the other %99,5 of the UK? The truth of the matter is, if you want to find radical Muslims, then look no further than Birmingham.

It is laughable, insulting, pathetic, divisive and quite frankly a SICK indictment of the Political Correctness gone mad in this country..

If they don't want to be covered by CCTV, simple, do more to prevent radical Islamic beliefs among your youth, promote peace, preach harmony not segregation.

Then you may find the cameras disappearing.

I'm the last one to support a Big Brother State, I'm also a staunch 911 Truther, but the fact of the matter is that radical Muslim Extremists do exist, whether by manipulation by TPTB or not. This being the case, we need to act on them, and we shouldn't pander to their demands or be sensitive to their concerns.

Stem the flow of hatred in your communities, and you'll see the cameras disappear.

There aren't initiatives like this in the large Muslim communities of London or Manchester, so get the hint Birmingham, sort it out!!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-6-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Take the bags off and put up more cameras if necessary - wherever they are needed.

The point is keep terrorists from operating, whatever their race.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Take the bags off and put up more cameras if necessary - wherever they are needed.

I agree, if the CCTV cameras reduce acts of terror, then why not put more up? It isn't about race, it is about saving lives.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
And I have to ask...plastic bags?

Can't people remove them?

This whole thing sounds weird and totally not thought through.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by N1ghtCr4wl3r

What acts of terrorisum are you talking about ?

7/7 because the jury is still out on that one or the one in glasgow where some drunken muslims wanted to start a 3 man jiad.

Sorry but the medicine is worse than the diesease and more people are dieing in hospitals due to 3rd world medicine each day than terrorists have killed in the UK and that includes the IRA who fought to get Irland back for themselves.

Why are they still letting Muslims in if they are all out to kill us or could it just be a case of problom-reaction-solution so they end up in total control whislt saying they are protecting us.

Why do we need all them yellow CCTV all over the motorway taking our pictures every half mile and if we are in so much danger then should we not all be fitted with RFIDs and be force to see a nut doctor ever threee months.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Practically every square inch of Britain is covered by a camera.. and one area gets special treatment because they are muslim?

My god, that country is more messed up than we are.. end the progressive politically correct madness already!

OR do your self a solid and remove ALL cameras!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

The bags will be taken off after the public has been, uhm, consulted. Just conjecture of course.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Thats the ticket catwhoknows, put up more cameras and give police more power heck whilst we are at it go ahead and take our freedom I mean if it serves a purpose to keep us safe right?

Those who give up their liberty for freedom deserve neither - Don't be fooled by the problem - reaction - solution game.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
So the Muslims and Terrorists will be complaining about some kind of breach of their Human Rights next lol.

Listen, if you have got nothing to hide and you're not up to something you shouldn't be, then [remain silent]!

Otherwise, it will be assumed you are guilty of something and the Government will find ways around it.

If you shouldn't be here in the UK or are plotting to murder a lot of people, you deserve to have a camera mounted inside your home, simple as that!

Sorry, but as you can see, no sympathy from me for the guilty!

If you support these guilty people, then you are guilty too, that's life I'm afraid!

Removed uncivil comment and replaced with appropriate wordage

[edit on 17/6/10 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by N1ghtCr4wl3r
I agree, if the CCTV cameras reduce acts of terror, then why not put more up? It isn't about race, it is about saving lives.

I was going to go off on a tangent after reading your post, but I see that you have just joined ATS. Please stick around and do your research over time you will see the very thing that has been hidded right in front of your eyes since birth. What you perceive is real is nothing but an illusion this isn't some bull# I am spouting this is the truth, RESEARCH, RESEARCH,RESEARCH.

Start with 7/7 and work your way to 9/11 then when you are ready, check out the banking structures and positions of power. You will be suprised at what you will find.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Illegal search much? Cameras on random public places are a police search, and there is no warrant.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by truthquest]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Please stick around and do your research over time you will see the very thing that has been hidded right in front of your eyes since birth. What you perceive is real is nothing but an illusion this isn't some bull# I am spouting this is the truth, RESEARCH, RESEARCH,RESEARCH.

Start with 7/7 and work your way to 9/11 then when you are ready, check out the banking structures and positions of power. You will be suprised at what you will find.

Listen, I'm with you %100, of course you are right.

That is why I put this in the OP:

I'm the last one to support a Big Brother State, I'm also a staunch 911 Truther,

But the fact of the matter is this, there ARE independent Radical Muslims in the UK. They may quite possibly be being manipulated by the same hideous "people" that carried out 911, the 7/7 "bombers" were also just pawns in a game they knew nothing about. However, most of the marginalised Islamic youth who become radicalised don't know that, they think they're fighting for their religion.

So, until the house of cards can be brought down, we DO have to monitor those Muslims who would want to do us harm. Just like we watch any other criminals.

If you doubt my real beliefs, check out my thread in my signature:

40 Questions which make believing the OS Grotesque

All the best mate, Kiwi

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Practically every square inch of Britain is covered by a camera.. and one area gets special treatment because they are muslim?

My god, that country is more messed up than we are.. end the progressive politically correct madness already!

OR do your self a solid and remove ALL cameras!

No, it isn't. I'm sure you'll quote a report from some years ago about being caught on camera 300 times a day in London, but I bet you didn't actually read that report, did you?

I did..

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Listen, if you have got nothing to hide and you're not up to something you shouldn't be, then shut the fu** up!

Possibly one of the most annoying quotes people come out with, with reagrds to surveilance. I tell you what if you have nothing to hide, why dont we put a camera in your home, in your bedroom. If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
the fact of the matter is this, there ARE independent Radical Muslims in the UK. They may quite possibly be being manipulated by the same hideous "people" that carried out 911, the 7/7

But the same hideous people that carried out 911 are the same hideous people that control the cameras - don't you get it, we are being played every step of the way. How many terrorist events took place in the 60's? how many in the 70's how many in the 80's how many in the 90's? whats the connection? why are there so many so called 'terrorists' around the world nowadays wanting to do the west harm? how many people that demonstrated against the G20 summit were labelled terrorists?

The word terrorist has sprung up to brainwash the masses to believe that they personally are in danger and that the only people that can protect them are their governments, however, what the people don't know is that the very same people protecting them are the same people causing all the trouble, its a classic power play that so many people are oblivious to.

To add: If somebody came in to your home dressed as a 'smurf' or a cartoon character and killed your entire family in front of your eyes, everytime you see a someone dressed up as a smurf or the cartoon character you will associate them to the killing of your family, therefore, throughout your entire life you will have a prejudice against the smurfs or the cartoon character. Now imagine a group supporting smurfs or cartoon characters springing up and labelling all that have prejudices against them are 'terrorists' what will people think of you afterwards? - They don't know anything about your previous circumstances yet they label you a terrorist because you yourself have labelled the smurfs or said cartoon character to the incident that happened in you life. Labels are another tool in TPTB handbook.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I have CCTV inside and outside my home and I feel safe, I have nothing to hide!

My Wife has CCTV watching them at her Work and it stopped all sorts of things including Theft!

As a member of her Majesties Finest, I know the Law and the only way you can deter people from getting up to mischief is to watch them or make them think they're being watched.

CCTV in town centres has helped me and others on a daily basis and we wouldn't be without it now.

It's sad that society has gone this way but most people I talk to are glad the cameras are there, they feel safer too.

Not a lot else to say really!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53

Very odd thing to say and indeed do, install CCTV inside your home unless of course you don't trust the wife

My Wife has CCTV watching them at her Work and it stopped all sorts of things including Theft!

CCTV used in the right way can indeed deter villains however, the majority of times they are there to snoop.

As a member of her Majesties Finest, I know the Law and the only way you can deter people from getting up to mischief is to watch them or make them think they're being watched.

I was watching and waiting for you to slip up as soon as I read your first post - You sir are a troll and I have earnt a spot on my foe list. An upstanding member of the constabulary would never use such vulgarity therefore, I am calling it as I see it. TROLL

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Only a matter of time before someone threw in the usual criticism of the UK for it's overuse of CCTV cameras and erosion of civil liberties.

Mostly from those who have never visited or lived here either, isn't that ironic?

This news article has been used as an example, I assure you. The very underlying tone and subject matter designed purely to provoke public outcry against minority religions and separatist groups rising in the UK.

It's all about reaction and one that it will duly recieve.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Originally posted by minkey53

Very odd thing to say and indeed do, install CCTV inside your home unless of course you don't trust the wife

CCTV used in the right way can indeed deter villains however, the majority of times they are there to snoop.

I was watching and waiting for you to slip up as soon as I read your first post - You sir are a troll and I have earnt a spot on my foe list. An upstanding member of the constabulary would never use such vulgarity therefore, I am calling it as I see it. TROLL

CCTV is here to stay, GET USED TO IT pal!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join