It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will our collective conscience cause the end of the world in 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Is there enough people on Earth that believe that 2012 is the end time, and will this belief cause it to actually happen?

Are we going to bring doom down upon ourselves?

Are we this predictable?

I read a story recently about Scientology building structures to house the works of L Ron Hubbard etched in stainless steel table and encased in titanium....

Then I think of all these ancient writings in stone, were much of this 2012 talk originates from.

I think Scientology is nuts. But what about these ancient warnings, could they be as insane as this?

If we did a pole how many think 2012 will lead to our doom, rebirth, or nothing?

I feel a change coming, but I want a change so its easy to believe in these 2010 theories....

LDF

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I think that something big is going to happen Dec. 21, 2012, and I absolutely think it's going to be our own doing.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This for me is kinda hard to answer. Part of me is curious and feels something is about (does that make sence?) but not sure just what it is yet and wants something to happen. Another part thinks nothing will happen, but that there will be a huge number of people committing sucide in fear of what they think will happen.
So, do I think anything will happen? No. But if I'm wrong and have enough advanced notice, I'm gonna find a nice place with a view and watch it come in.
The sucide part, not my cup of tea so I'll be awake and watching.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
"Will our collective conscience cause the end of the world in 2012?"

No. There is no such thing. The 'collective conscious' is a new age notion, backed up with flaky science at best and spouted as a fact by people such as david icke.

The world might end in 2012 or 3012 or 2000012 but if/when it does it will have nothing to do with an imaginary cc. It will be due to the second coming of Jesus Christ which the majority of people are being conditioned to disbelieve, exactly as the Bible said would happen.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
"Collective unconscious is a term of analytical psychology, coined by Carl Jung. It is a part of the unconscious mind, expressed in humanity and all life forms with nervous systems, and describes how the structure of the psyche autonomously organizes experience."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Not sure about collective consciousness, but so many people are expecting something, I wouldn't want to be out in a large city on "that night". I have come to believe that people are mostly, well, a little nuts.
It'll be interesting to see what mayhem happens.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I want to join with the other consciousnesses that think that instead of doom, we will all become enlightened, awakened, transcended, or whatever form of the word you prefer.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Is there enough people on Earth that believe that 2012 is the end time, and will this belief cause it to actually happen?

Are we this predictable?

I read a story recently about Scientology building structures to house the works of L Ron Hubbard etched in stainless steel table and encased in titanium....

Then I think of all these ancient writings in stone, were much of this 2012 talk originates from.

I think Scientology is nuts. But what about these ancient warnings, could they be as insane as this?

If we did a pole how many think 2012 will lead to our doom, rebirth, or nothing?

I feel a change coming, but I want a change so its easy to believe in these 2010 theories....

LDF

This is a very important topic you have brought up about the scientology morons, yes our ideas may be dumb most of the time but we are researching theories.. think if all of the ancient writings we have in our possession and consider how much of that comes from the same type of scientology nuts from back then.. no not scientology back then, but the same stupid thinking and beliefs.. understand what im saying? makes you think...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I think that since too many things point to something happening in 2012, maybe something big is going to happen. Or maybe we all are led to believe this. But, I am making myself ready. I have started meditating and lifting weights to make myself strong, physically and spiritually. I am preparing for both type of situations. I will be studying hard so that I make to IIT in case nothing happens. But, I am also researching on safe places and survival, in case SHTF.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It's possible, we live in a sea of emotions and look at all the turmoil in the world right now and how the weather and nature seems to reflect it. Any areas that have natural disasters you can usually look back and see there was some sort of turmoil causing emotions to run high going on leading up to it.

To those that say there is no science behind such things assumes science knows all things, not. Just because our level of science doesn't understand something does not mean it is not true. Science still can't explain the life force that animates the body yet here we all are.

Science once believed the world was flat based on observable evidence but now we laugh at such things.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Please, 2012 will be JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER YEAR!
Think what you're going to do on the February of 2013.... and so on...
Besides, there's no "collective conscience" in the world right now, wont be not even in 2112. Just do your best, make good things, and let the fear go away.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKultraVideos
I think that something big is going to happen Dec. 21, 2012, and I absolutely think it's going to be our own doing.

Yes I agree with you, its hard to explain how or why I know but I feel like I've always known something is coming. It's similar to how you feel about a approaching thunderstorm, a really really powerful storm.

Perhaps it could be me just getting older and facing my own mortality.? Everyone will face there own demise someday, they will die of natural causes, or a accident, but whatever the reason there life will end, it will be there personal doomsday.....

I wish for a change and if it takes doomsday for my offspring to live in a happier, better world then so be it....

Originally posted by Chance321
This for me is kinda hard to answer. Part of me is curious and feels something is about (does that make sence?) but not sure just what it is yet and wants something to happen. Another part thinks nothing will happen, but that there will be a huge number of people committing sucide in fear of what they think will happen.

Yes you said it....Wants something to happen. I think the majority Wants something to happen.

Im sure there will be suicide, there always is and for lesser reasons than the possible end of the world, or a changed world or whatever may happen. personally I wanna front row seat, been waiting all my life for this..

Originally posted by sinthia

No. There is no such thing. The 'collective conscious' is a new age notion, backed up with flaky science at best and spouted as a fact by people such as david icke.

LOL please don't speak to me of absolutes about real science when your version of the end time involves Jesus Christ....But thanks for the post I needed a good laugh.

btw I include Jesus Christ and the bible in my end times beliefs....

The world might end in 2012 or 3012 or 2000012 but if/when it does it will have nothing to do with an imaginary cc. It will be due to the second coming of Jesus Christ which the majority of people are being conditioned to disbelieve, exactly as the Bible said would happen.

Allow me to give you a few links on the issue.

This is what Nick Arrizza MD says about it

These insights are as follows:

1. Memories appear not to be stored in our mind/brains rather seem to exist somewhere at the "intersection point" of our consciousness as individuals.

2. Another complimentary view might be that what we call "memories" are actually being transmitted to us from a source external to our brains/minds and that the latter are simply receivers/transmitters of such information. This concurs with the experiences of Telepathy or ESP that have been described.

3. The experience of releasing a negative memory is associated with a hightened state of empowerment that was absent while the memory was in place.

4. As a human race we share a multitude of memories that we can subsume under the rubrics of the "History of the Human Race", "The Collective Consciousness" and which some have called the" Akashic Records". In my view this "bank" of memories actually hold us back from realizing our true potential as individuals and as a human species. The evolutionary journey that many spiritual teachers have described, in my view, entails releasing our human consciousness from this enslaving matrix of information.

Scientific Evidence For a Collective Human Consciousness

This was the 3 hit when I googled "evidence of human collective conscience."
The Human Collective conscience thought it was cool.

Robert Kenny, MBA (PhD) sorry for the long quotes but this is important to this topic

Perhaps not surprisingly, groups produce far stronger RNG results than either individuals or couples, even when the group members are unaware of the RNGs and therefore cannot intend to influence their output. For example, when merely the attention of groups has been captured by high-interest public events, RNG effects have been three times greater than when individuals have demonstrated an intentional influence on RNG machines. During certain widely televised events that have captured mass attention, such as Princess Diana's death and the 9/11 tragedies, the combined output of sixty RNGs around the world significantly deviated from chance. For example, on October 3, 1995, the day that the verdict was read in the O.J. Simpson murder trial, Radin, Nelson, and University of Amsterdam professor Dick Bierman decided to run RNGs in each of their labs to test their hypothesis that something significant would happen in the field of collective consciousness. An analysis of their combined results clearly confirmed that hypothesis. As Radin describes it in The Conscious Universe, “Around the time that the TV preshows began, at 9:00 AM Pacific Time, an unexpected degree of order appeared in all the RNGs. This soon declined back to random behavior until about 10:00 AM, which is when the verdict was supposed to be announced. A few minutes later, the order in all five RNGs suddenly peaked to its highest point in the two hours of recorded data precisely when the court clerk read the verdict.” These results suggest that millions of minds, when united with a specific focus, can have a powerful effect on the material world, mysteriously influencing normally random physical systems toward higher degrees of order.

The Science Of Collective Consciousness

Mods Im not sure if I used the right quote tags if not I need the link

[edit on 4-6-2010 by LDragonFire]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Discussing issues online makes you think that people in general might be aware of certain issues. I propose to the OP to go into a store and ask people if they know about the predictions of 2012. See what people say. I'll bet that hardly anyone has any idea what this talk is all about. I'll bet it would be hilarious to ask.

I live in the US. I'll bet that less than 5% of the population has any idea about 2012 claims. If you do a real type of poll be sure to write up a few questions or 1 question and to ask people of various age groups.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Discussing issues online makes you think that people in general might be aware of certain issues. I propose to the OP to go into a store and ask people if they know about the predictions of 2012. See what people say. I'll bet that hardly anyone has any idea what this talk is all about. I'll bet it would be hilarious to ask.

I don't have 2, I use public transportation everyday bus and light rail these conversations are happening all around me, including work... I know women that don't wanna have babies till after 2012....

I live in the US. I'll bet that less than 5% of the population has any idea about 2012 claims. If you do a real type of poll be sure to write up a few questions or 1 question and to ask people of various age groups.

The only areas I don't hear this being discussed is around conservatives and Christens, but the Christens are still talking about the end times...

Its quite mainstream, NASA would not have released a press release stating the end of the world will not happen on 2012, oh and there was a movie as well....you live under a rock or something? don't have cable tv?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
No.

Just look to history.

There have been many doomsday times in history and some people flipped.

The world kept on a rollin'.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinthia
"Will our collective conscience cause the end of the world in 2012?"

And you know these to be lies, how? Can you show us proof, other than your bible?

The world might end in 2012 or 3012 or 2000012 but if/when it does it will have nothing to do with an imaginary cc.

Are we talking end, as in being destroyed, or, are we talking end, as in how we preceive the world within this reality?

It will be due to the second coming of Jesus Christ

Really? The Jesus of love? How do humans equate one who loves, to one who kills people off? That is a strange concept I must say. Again, show us proof, other than the bible.

which the majority of people are being conditioned to disbelieve, exactly as the Bible said would happen.

And who are the people being conditioned in this? Which group? Your so called "New Agers", or, the religious fundamentalists in this world? Not that I`m a New Ager or anything, but, which one of the two professes they are the chosen ones who will go to Heaven before anyone else? And who teaches them this, and with what do they use to teach with?

I gather beings you posted this, you would not mind debating this?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I suggest you are falling for confirmation bias in which you choose to remember only confirmations. I do not live in a conservative or overwhelming Christian area. I don't hear people talking about this other than from the online folks.

My guess is that if a proper poll was done, then you'd find less than 5% of the people concerned about this issue and probably about the same aware of this 2012 "stuff".

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

How many people think revelations in the Bible is true and will happen?
Has it?

How many cultures have apocalyptic scenario's?
The answer is that many, many cultures have dooms day scenario's. How many of them have actually eventuated?

Are we this predictable?
Yes, we are.It is very Predictably that our predictions rarely eventuate with the topic you raise.

I can't remember seeing any Mayans jumping up and down on Oprah's sofa.

Things are changing all the time. What I notice changing a lot, is the circumstances, the cause and the manner in which we are all doomed.

[edit on 5/6/10 by atlasastro]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by LDragonFire

I suggest you are falling for confirmation bias in which you choose to remember only confirmations. I do not live in a conservative or overwhelming Christian area. I don't hear people talking about this other than from the online folks.

Getting up from your computer and actually going outside would be one way to change this.

My guess is that if a proper poll was done, then you'd find less than 5% of the people concerned about this issue and probably about the same aware of this 2012 "stuff".

I disagree with you,if you made this statement 5 years ago I would agree. Lets look at the msm and see if they are talking about it, a quick Google search of 2012 and mainstream news sources shows they are speaking about it.

I do feel you are attempting to derail this thread, with your 5% comments and seeing you haven't been a member here long and the majority of your posts are on 2012 related threads frankly I don't trust you. You might have a agenda, but for the sake of argument here is a list of mainstream news articles regarding 2012.

BTW how many people here do indeed hear or engage in 2012 topics in everyday life???

The world will end in 2012 — or so say thousands in the Netherlands preparing for the apocalypse in four years, the Dutch-language newspaper de Volkskrant reported Tuesday.

The paper spoke to those who believe the 2012 date signals the impending end of civilization and are stocking up on emergency supplies, equipment and life rafts in case of flooding, United Press International reported.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Thousands of Dutch Prepare for 2012 Apocalypse, According to Report

Two years ago, Patrick Geryl, then 51, quit his job as a laboratory worker for a French oil company. He'd saved up just enough money to last him until December 2012. After that, he thought, he wouldn't need it anyway.

Will the World End in 2012?
This video has NASA telling us that nothing will happen in 2012

March 10, 2006: It's official: Solar minimum has arrived. Sunspots have all but vanished. Solar flares are nonexistent. The sun is utterly quiet.

Like the quiet before a storm.

This week researchers announced that a storm is coming--the most intense solar maximum in fifty years. The prediction comes from a team led by Mausumi Dikpati of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR). "The next sunspot cycle will be 30% to 50% stronger than the previous one," she says. If correct, the years ahead could produce a burst of solar activity second only to the historic Solar Max of 1958.

Solar Storm Warning

A new study from the National Academy of Sciences outlines grim possibilities on Earth for a worst-case scenario solar storm.

Damage to power grids and other communications
systems could be catastrophic, the scientists conclude, with effects leading to a potential loss of governmental control of the situation.

Powerful Solar Storm Could Shut Down U.S. for Months

Scientists have found two large leaks in Earth's magnetosphere, the region around our planet that shields us from severe solar storms.

The leaks are defying many of scientists' previous ideas on how the interaction between Earth's magnetosphere and solar wind occurs: The leaks are in an unexpected location, let in solar particles in faster than expected and the whole interaction works in a manner that is completely the opposite of what scientists had thought.

Magnetic Field Hole Could Cripple Communications
here are some more mainstream videos regarding 2012

notice the laughing in this vid

nope nothing is going to happen ever right?

The purpose of this thread is to discuss our collective conscience as in will we make 2012 prediction come true.... One person claims not many people know about 2012, I think this is ridiculous. Because there sure and a butt load of people joining ATS to debunk 2012 so some people sure have heard about it...

[edit on 5-6-2010 by LDragonFire]

[edit on 5-6-2010 by LDragonFire]

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I had the same thought about a month ago and i was meaning to make a thread about it here.
Glad someone thinks along the same line.

I know there have been alot of doomsday predictions in the past but not many at this level. After the earthquakes in Japan and the death of birds and fishes have converted even the non-believers into believers. If mind really constructs reality then 2012 wont be pretty.

<<   2 >>

join