It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will our collective conscience cause the end of the world in 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by XxibelievexX

I think the collective conscience is in full swing. I think the average person world wide wishes for real change, you can see it in the protest around the world you can see it in election in the states.

I think the will of the people will be done and is being done.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If that theory worked Jesus would have been back a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Maybe there are a very low percentage of people truly wishing for it to happen.

I've noticed that a negative thought is more contagious than a positive one. Like, I'm sure that if a certain civilization would have claimed that 2012 will be the most prosperous year for mankind then most of the people would have ignored it. Since its doomsday, people fear and keep having continous negative thoughts about it.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The collective conscience is real and positive manifestations of it can be observed via Mexican Wave/Flash Mob activities.

But I believe the cc is for the most part, a negative attribute; the beast is in the collective. Large groups of individuals who would not normally behave violently, can act as one in concerted destruction. I first observed this in the 1970's, with the orchestrated tribal violence at British football matches. Normally peace loving, non violent individuals getting caught up in crowd violence.

I do not however believe that Man will be soley responsible for bringing about the end of days as we know it. I think we exist in symbiotic relationship with the All and the current human uprisings are in some way connected with universal transformation. Sol has completed her rest from the slumber before the breaking of the stormy dawn. There is a Thread here about how sun activity is affecting matter, I do not imagine that human grey matter is excluded.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by XxibelievexX

I know there have been alot of doomsday predictions in the past but not many at this level. After the earthquakes in Japan and the death of birds and fishes have converted even the non-believers into believers. If mind really constructs reality then 2012 wont be pretty.

The only reason yo might think this doomsday baloney is any more prominent that previous doomsday baloney is that you are living through it. This is no more prominent that other issues. The other baloney stories simply faded as soon as they did not happen. There were 3 different end of the world claims for 2000. Most people think Y2K but that was not as much an end of the world claim as it being 2000 and the planetary alignment. There were movies made about these other claims. There were news stories. There was chit chat. Nothing happened. Why? Because these other tales were as fanciful as the 2012 claims.

The earthquake in Japan was big. So what? Why would that lead anyone to believe in the baloney of 2012? Animals die all of the time. Why would this turn someone into a believer? When this became the news du jour for a while (the reporter's latest fad) I started to look up events and it was easy to find them across a large range of species from squid to birds to whales to fish to algae.

This idea that if you think it then it happens applies to the actions people take, not actions outside of people. Long before Castenada wrote his books, which he has since admitted were all lies, people were looking for the easy button. The easy button is the "I don't have to work I just have to make magical wishes to achieve" notion. It is prevalent. It doesn't work. It has never worked. Most of all it is not going to cause the end of the world.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I don't know whether the world will end in 2012 but
something really big is going to happen that is going
to change our monotonous lives.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Claudius

Any idea what you are referring to in this rather vague suggestion? This is a common suggestion. Do you mean that appliances are going to be easier to use or what?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I am referring to political,economic and spiritual changes that can take place.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sinthia

I could say that Jesus is imaginative just like you believe that the collective conscious is imaginative, the bible is written by people and it's not the word of "god".

I could be right I could be wrong, but just because you don't believe doesn't make it real or not.

The world was thought to be flat at one point, with people picking a side to believe in.
Only one side was right.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Collective conscience?
What if enough people seemed to be projecting positive change?
Since this thread was from awhile ago.....it's 2012 now.
A lot of people seem out of sorts. Restless yet drained mentally.
What if there was a collective conscience that joins everyone and yet something blocks it?
Something like toxins or fluoride calcified on the penal gland
What if this veil were thinned and people started connecting on "the same wave length"?
When people that used to feel like odd outsiders start to feel like there actually more people that reflect positive human traits.
wanting more meaning in life vs materialism/ consumerism
letting go of negative issues/feelings

What if the old good vs evil / god vs satan game is played out as a struggle within the collective conscience?
People either given in to " the dark side", feed the anger, hate, lust, greed etc. giving more energy to the negative? Or people open to love, forgiveness, peace and promote and emit positive energy?
Could this be something that people start to sense when they say it seems like something is about to happen?
I just throw ideas and speculate on possibilities so does any of this seem possible?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxibelievexX
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Maybe there are a very low percentage of people truly wishing for it to happen.

I've noticed that a negative thought is more contagious than a positive one. Like, I'm sure that if a certain civilization would have claimed that 2012 will be the most prosperous year for mankind then most of the people would have ignored it. Since its doomsday, people fear and keep having continous negative thoughts about it.

Could be but I think there are more people that want a positive change. I don't think people want something bad to happen, maybe they're just fed up with all the negative that they see in society and the world.
edit on 24-5-2012 by obnoxiouschick because: edit word

top topics

<< 1   >>

join