It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Fingerprint On Creation Found!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

So what you're saying is you don't have any proof and you just are pulling claims out of nowhere? Sounds like ignorance to me with a hint of immaturity.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I honestly thought the video was a joke up until the end and there was no laughs.

I didn't read the thread all the way, but I hope all those flags aren't from people who believe it...

[edit on 17-5-2010 by The_Zomar]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Nice video, but how we can come to think it must be a supernatural humanoid being called God behind it all has got me giggling away nicely, thanks.

I understand that Indoctrination leads the vast majority of people to this conclusion despite the many who consider themselves free thinkers.

I also understand this Indoctrination began for each of us in western society from the moment we were born. Even our entire society is built on the Belief of a supernatural humanoid being called God, so we can see how basic this belief is to us, in general.

But, I can't buy into the Indoctrinated thinking for some very good reasons, one being that I am a free thinker owing no allegiance to any Belief-System. And, my life has shown me since early childhood that something far grander exists that we are too limited in our perceptions to see, despite it being the basis for all things, and despite the fact that we can have direct communion with it since we are a portion of it.

The IT is this Universe, an Energetically Aware thing that had a beginning.. but it is far different to our small-minded perceptions that causes us to look out from our little windows on the world and claim it as a supernatural humanoid being called God... one that Demands Worship from us, One that sent it's Son to Save us from something that apparently happened the longest time ago but makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Sorry if I have offended anyone.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Attack and humilate - typical Atheist response

You must have sore eyes !!

Keep denying, if it makes your life happier.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81
reply to post by reeferman

What's your point?

it was your point..

Man is wrong about a lot of things; some just aren't willing to admit they are wrong

and your living your own words right this moment..

The more you cling on to the fairy tales the farther you are from any truth.

Here's how you can join those whom you proclaim to be "divine"...

Write down your little bible inspired beliefs...

bury them in a clay sealed pot with a cute little cross in your backyard...

then say in a couple 100 years someone can dig them up & proclaim your divinity.. even though in truth you were a mortal

man who ate, slept & died just like the rest of us...

and even though you got all your concepts from other mortal men..

just throw in the occasional ego booster like.. "the Lord said to me" "Whilst in mine slumber, God appeared", etc, etc..

then you too can be labeled a "Divine Prophet"... while whom ever is in

power at the time will wield said mighty proof that all is "true".. since of

course they can cross-reference your mighty words.. see your different

writing style.. from you vastly different time period.. "He was a pious

follower of the Lord.. everyone else used a computer, but he used a pen &

paper!". "He ate manna & locusts.. and wore not Chinese imported clothing!"

"Heed the words of Novastrike81 as inspired by the Lord!!"..

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

So what you're saying is you don't have any proof and you just are pulling claims out of nowhere? Sounds like ignorance to me with a hint of immaturity.

OK.. One example for you, even though I'm sure your brain will reject it!

Genesis!

We've certainly seen some back pedaling there over years huh! 7 days? Oh... um... well maybe it wasn't really seven 'earth days' now that science has shown us how looooooong it takes the universe to produce suns and planets etc, yet we always preached it as such!

back pedal.... back pedal

Good enough for ya?

IRM

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
We all know that we are just some strange fluke with no real purpose.

Not only that, we are stuck on some unstable planet of shifting rock and water competing with other fluke creatures for the finite resources our planet has.

We float aimlessly around in our solar system with have no real purpose to acheive as we were just a fluke of nature.

^ HaHa good one Atheists - what a depressing story you guys/gals believe in.

I prefer the bible story for my inspiration. God is devine.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

OK.. One example for you, even though I'm sure your brain will reject it!

Genesis!

We've certainly seen some back pedaling there over years huh! 7 days? Oh... um... well maybe it wasn't really seven 'earth days' now that science has shown us how looooooong it takes the universe to produce suns and planets etc, yet we always preached it as such!

back pedal.... back pedal

Good enough for ya?

IRM

You clearly have NO understanding of the language it was written in. Typical atheist comment. Seven days, really? That's your BEST argument? It wasn't seven earth days genius; it was six days of creation and God rested on the 7th. The word day also symbolizes the end of the period in which God was working with respect to each event and not an earth day because there was no humans around to witness this.

The concept of a literal day didn't originate until the 4th century and picked up steam in the 12th and then was widely distributed in the 19th century by those who wanted to take the days as a literal 24 hour period. The literal translation is a period of time or age.

If you had any brain cells you'd realize the Genesis account corroborates with science so when you're done making the Bible fit your atheistic needs then maybe you won't sound so ignorant.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by novastrike81]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NaturaltoBelieve

Attack and humilate - typical Atheist response

No... it was merely an observance! Is it the mindset of creationalists to always embellish and exaggerate?

Keep denying, if it makes your life happier.

Oh... The Irony!

IRM

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

You clearly have NO understanding of the language it was written in. Typical atheist comment. Seven days, really? That's your BEST argument? It wasn't seven earth days genius; it was six days of creation and God rested on the 7th.

That's right... on the seventh day, this all powerful god needed to take a kip.

ROFL!

IRM

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
Everybody should watch this video.

Math does not evolve, it was/is created.

Think about it.

Math Formula Identifies Creator!

I would think that after watching this it's hard to be a pure atheist that denies a higher intelligence didn't have anything to do with the creation of both this planet and the universe itself.

Haha a math formula?
Go take a walk outside.
If you "deny a higher intelligence" then you must be braindead.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

You clearly have NO understanding of the language it was written in. Typical atheist comment. Seven days, really? That's your BEST argument? It wasn't seven earth days genius; it was six days of creation and God rested on the 7th.

ROFL!

IRM

ROFL God doesn't rest; that's the translated word from Hebrew to English. The more accurate word would be abstain or to cease. God stopped creating on the 7th day. Keeping being ignorant you're racking up those points! Whenever you're done anthropomorphizing God to fit your human need then maybe you won't sound so stereotypical. I find that scenario unlikely though.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

ROFL!

IRM

ROFL God doesn't rest; that's the translated word from Hebrew to English. The more accurate word would be abstain or to cease. God stopped creating on the 7th day.

Yet you say yourself:

It wasn't seven earth days genius; it was six days of creation and God rested on the 7th.

So tell me, where in the bible does it speak of god making the rest of the universe? Did we forget to write that part down because our knowledge was so 'earth-centric'? Because the people of that time's knowledge was so limited? Show me where it says he made the stars and nebula?

Why didn't god tell everyone in the ME about the Australian Aboriginals who have been there for roughly 64 thousand years. I mean, they're older than Adam & Eve... and the flood didn't manage to wipe them out!

BTW... Who created god?

IRM

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

One other thought we might have overlooked?

Golden Ratio = Spiral
Spiral = Norway Spiral?
Norway Spiral = Timewave Zero?
Timewave Zero = End of Time?

A message from God?

[edit on 17-5-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by nenothtu

Who wrote the laws of physics? Is that just another of those 'it is because it is' things you just take on faith?

Nobody "wrote the laws of physics".

Ah. So they just 'are because they are'. Unquestioning faith is a wondrous thing, is it not?

Two words for you...

Check mate... Oh, two more... Nicely played!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I say rested just because its in the KJV of my Bible and a force of habit. I clearly know what the meaning of the word is. Nice try, though.

So tell me, where in the bible does it speak of god making the rest of the universe? Did we forget to write that part down because our knowledge was so 'earth-centric'? Because the people of that time's knowledge was so limited? Show me where it says he made the stars and nebula?

It says in Chapter 1 Verse 1 that God created the heavens and the earth.
God doesn't reveal all of his secrets, he wants us to discover most of them ourselves through science or whatever means we can. It's clear if you read the story it follows the scientific process that people have come to understand.

If you want a more specific verse that at least shows the suns, moons, and stars then Genesis 1:14-19 is your best bet. Nothing is being created just revealed which says they were created earlier back in Chapter 1 Verse 1.

Why didn't god tell everyone in the ME about the Australian Aboriginals who have been there for roughly 64 thousand years. I mean, they're older than Adam & Eve... and the flood didn't manage to wipe them out!

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what ME is meaning right there. Again if you follow the timeline then humans coming around 100,00 ago is fine and thus Adam and Eve do predate your "Australian Aboriginals". The Flood was a local flood not a global flood. It's impossible to rain for that long because the clouds would run out of moisture in the clouds and would need to refill through evaporation.

BTW... Who created god?

Since God, by definition, is the creator of the whole universe, He is the creator of time. Therefore He is not limited by the time dimension He created, so has no beginning in time. Therefore He doesn't have a cause. Your question is illogical just like to whom is the bachelor married?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

I lol'd. Quite a bit.
Open up your mind and ku ku ku baby!
Khabs Am Pekht!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

The Flood was a local flood not a global flood. It's impossible to rain for that long because the clouds would run out of moisture in the clouds and would need to refill through evaporation.

So why did Noah have to gather all the animals on earth if it was only local?

Another 'gap' exposed over time perhaps? Something science has since shown us cannot be true?

Since God, by definition, is the creator of the whole universe, He is the creator of time. Therefore He is not limited by the time dimension He created, so has no beginning in time.

That goes nowhere near answering the question. You are sidestepping it with semantics.

At the end of the day, you are telling me that the bible is proof of god. I'm happy to believe you if you can provide one piece of empirical data proving it as such.

Show me that the bible isn't just a book that ripped of tales from earlier cultures... like Noah's tale was ripped from Gilgamesh.

IRM

[edit on 17/5/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

You would think wrong, I am a pure Atheist, who entertains interventionist theory, but I fail to see how the Fibonacci sequence is supposed to make me see Jehova or what ever god it is you think people should see. I guess for you just the fact there is a reality and you are here to experience it is enough for belief in the Flying spaghetti monster or whatever you believe in.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

So why did Noah have to gather all the animals on earth if it was only local?

Another 'gap' exposed over time perhaps? Something science has since shown us cannot be true?

Because it was all the animals in the region. If Noah never traveled to different regions he wouldn't know there were other animals around. It makes sense that he only took animals that were in the land he lived in. Hopefully I worded that to make sense.

That goes nowhere near answering the question. You are sidestepping it with semantics.

At the end of the day, you are telling me that the bible is proof of god. I'm happy to believe you if you can provide one piece of empirical data proving it as such.

I'm not side-stepping your argument. It's an illogical question to someone who doesn't believe in one. You just want to presuppose that God was created by man to reinforce your belief. You either believe or you don't.

Show me that the bible isn't just a book that ripped of tales from earlier cultures... like Noah's tale was ripped from Gilgamesh.

Because the Story of Gilgamesh is older than the Bible and the fact that the flood portion of the story wasn't added until 669-662 B.C. The original version didn't include a Deluge. So in fact you can say whoever added to the story of Gilgamesh ripped off from the story of Noah.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join