It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron absolutely filleted by Paxman on bbc 1 there

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Thought this was brilliant.
Well done Paxman (bbc pilitical chap in the UK)

Link :
news.bbc.co.uk...

Loved that.

Mon the Clegg Chap.
We want change !!!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Paxman seems like the only person on those tv shows that really asks questions, newsnight is not a bad news show, at least for the bbc.

Do not care for con or lab or who ever, but he does a job.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Nick Clegg represents change ?

Educated at fee paying schools, this monied individual hasn't done a days proper work in his entire life.

I quite enjoy Paxman, I'd heard about him before moving to the UK. He's as brutal an interviewer as you could ever hope to meet. He actually listens to the rubbish his political guests spout and kebabs them accordingly.

In other news, my voting card for the UK general election have arrived. I'm trying to get my head around the constituency/first past the post system ... where you can have four candidates with 997, 998, 999 and 1,000 votes respectfully ... but the man with 1,001 votes wins everything and gets to be the Member of Parliament ? Thus disenfranchising nearly 80% of the electorate ???

What a dumb system.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

if the lib dems get more votes, they will end up in a lib dem-labour coalition, the price for supporting labour will be an end to first past the post voting and bringing in proportional representation which the rest of europe enjoys.
which is a good thing in my view, real change for britain.
and cameron will be swiftly ejected for damning the tories for another term.
win win situation really

though remember they actually are all w£nker$

[edit on 24-4-2010 by hans kammler]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Personally who ever gets in does not matter hell even if the BNP won of the UKIP you can bet everthing you have that all they will do will stuff there pockets with as much cash as they can before they get kicked out by other pigs wanting at the trough

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

If you are not a U.K. citizen , then surely you do not
receive a polling card and do not get to vote.
Please correct me on this if wrong.
You also seem to be misled by the notion that the U.K. is a
democracy,what a novel idea... the next PM will be that twat
Cameron, he is selected not elected...

[edit on 24-4-2010 by ho chi minh]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The thing I find most remarkable is that almost every British election thread on ATS dies a death within a page or so. So few threads too ?

And so little comment from Americans ? It's not like there weren't thousands of Obama v. McCain threads, each one more active than the next. But as soon as non USA politics are discussed, American contributors disappear like a snowman in Spring.

You'd think they could at least act as good neighbours & pretend to be interest, once every five years for four weeks only ! But no, they can't be bothered even doing that.

I'll never understand this British/American special relationship thang, it's just such a one way street.

We have 5 candidates in our constituency, the main parties, the Scottish nationalists and a mad person who thinks the local biscuit factory needs a zillion pounds worth of public investment. I initially thought the Conservative leaflet was from the Nazis/BNP ... it had a union flag on it ... such a rarity to see in Scotland (you Brits so need to re-claim that flag from the Nazis, but that's for another thread).

I wanted to go see the election count and the public declaration of who has won the vote in my area. But the council doesn't allow the public access ! The only people allowed in are the political classes.

And another thing I discovered was that the vote you cast isn't even secret !!!! You hand in your card, they mark the card number against the number of the ballot paper they hand you ... so they know how you've voted !!!!

So much for a free vote.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
my bad please delete

[edit on 24-4-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I said it before and I will say it again. Jeremy Clarkson should be Prime Minister. He could fix Britain.

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Clegg may well lead Lib-Dems into a coalition with Labour.

Hopefully electoral reform will be the price they extract out of Labour with perhaps Vince Cable being appointed Chancellor Of The Exchequer.

Unfortunately this will not address the urgent problems of Immigration and EU membership.
Fortunately Clegg will not be allowed to implement his defence reforms.

Jeremy Paxman is an excellent presenter and interviewer.
I would like to see him interiew all of the leaders, he would probably show them all up to be the self-centred, egotists whose only concerns are personal gain and agandisment.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

I think you are confusing Nick Clegg, en.wikipedia.org... with Nick Griffin, en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
nick clegg says he is against bnp but they have more ties than anything...
anyway if we don't do something about it bnp will get in around my area =bad

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

jeremy paxman is also homophobic.

why are they all racist or homophobic, who cares about race and homosexuality everyone are equals

[edit on 24-4-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

How do 'they have more ties than anything'?
Any details except just totally unfounded accusations?

As for the BNP, they have some good policies, especially on immigration and EU, but lack substabce and depth and after careful consideration I think their racist links from the past etc prevents me from giving them my vote in this very important election.
But two weeks in politics.....who knows?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

And as for Paxman being homophobic, don't be silly.
Just because he is politically incorrect and doesn't see the need to suck up to homosexuals just to prove that he isn't homophobic doesn't make him homophobic...he just treats everyone the same regardless of race, creed and sexual orientation.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

they should have kept the doors shut all along, abd if anyone wants to get in they should only be able to apply for a student visa for a college and they can support the funds for this themselves without gaining access to our benefits with also an id card.

people say we should give everyone a fair chance because these people are running from battleground home lands.

its upto their government to provide for them.
just like ours is too us.

even if they deport people the white man will still sell more heroin than ever.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Anyone who votes for the BNP deserves to be treated like a leper in the middle ages. The BNP prefer whites to blacks, men to women and gay skinheads to everyone else.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

he did bar gay people from his show

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Jeremy Paxman is an excellent presenter and interviewer.
I would like to see him interiew all of the leaders, he would probably show them all up to be the self-centred, egotists whose only concerns are personal gain and agandisment.

Totally agree, I love his blunt and quite darkly humoured approach, not a fan of him personally, but his approach is commendable.

He really should get to interview all of them and I think that as David Cameron did it, the others should have to do it.

[edit on 24/4/10 by blupblup]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join