It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Stack Hailed as Hero in American "patriot" resurgence -ABC news

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by helster83

Good point and now those individuals are without a place to work and feed their families. Some patriot there.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I am new here so I'm sure my opinion means nothing. But I agree with his message and empathize with his desperation, but he was too unfocused in his action. A man instilled with that kind of fire could have done something huge that would reverberate for decades, but now this will be a blip gone in a year.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
www1.voanews.com...

U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says authorities are becoming more concerned about American citizens or legal residents becoming involved in terrorist plots against the United States.

Speaking Sunday in Washington to a gathering of U.S. state governors, Napolitano said law enforcement officials do not have good methods for preventing people from becoming violent extremists.

the article seems to single out muslims tho....

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Just be thankful that YOU have the freedom to discuss things at all with your boys. That freedom is a direct result of the military being killed while your safe at home.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The problem with this method of flying a plane into the IRS building, is that it only destroys a small part of the evil infrastructure. To be effective, one must destroy the entire infrastructure of evil. It would have to be like the movie Fight Club where an organized band of revolutionaries strike all the essential targets simultaneously. Total destruction.

Sure it's wrong to kill. If deaths can be avoided, great. How do you cut out the cancer and leave the normal tissue from a failed civilization. How do you bring back justice and decency and whats fair and whats right and honest. If it can be done without wholesale slaughter, great. Unfortunately the worlds resources are depleted and the aristocracy want it all and they want us all to die off until only they remain to get the anti-aging drugs to become immortal which will exist soon.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by helster83

Good point and now those individuals are without a place to work and feed their families. Some patriot there.

You know Karma has a kind of poetic justice to it JackFlap and the truth is it is rather poetic that the two things deemed as being inevitable “Death and Taxes” for once coincided!

After all as the saying suggests the two are eerily similar.

Two of the things we most like to try to cheat at, death and taxes.

I tell you one thing I for one will be really impressed when the governments of the world stop spending so much money on actually killing people and causing death, but start spending that money on trying to figure out why the heck we do all have to get old and die at such a rapid pace.

The current system seems more interested in killing us than helping us live.

What goes around comes around and the sad truth is its coming around!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee

Just be thankful that YOU have the freedom to discuss things at all with your boys. That freedom is a direct result of the military being killed while your safe at home.

I don't know where to begin with this one. You are damn right that poster that you were addressing has the freedom to discuss anything with her boys. It has nothing to do with the military being killed in our place either.

Yes, we are safe at home and it is not a result of our military going overseas and keeping the murderers at bay for us. The truth of the matter is, we would be safer if our troops weren't sent on search and destroy missions for our ever loving safety. Do you even know what our goals are for our troops?

Keep in mind the old saying that you can catch more bees with honey. It is a wise statement. If we weren't so busy trying to create societies that mimic our own, we would be safer. What is the main discontent of the terrorists that perpetrate crimes in the name of their God? Do you know?

How much of our own resources go to keeping weapons systems vibrant and ready to go? How many resources go to devising new killing systems? If we could stop for a moment and realize that those very same resources can go toward technologies that actually better the lives of human beings, we would be on our way toward a goal that really benefits us all.

Why is our foreign policy so ass backward? Those very troops should not even have to be in danger right now if we would step back and look at the big picture. Who wants to harm us and why mikelee? Why do our troops have to supposedly keep those murderers at bay?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You know Karma has a kind of poetic justice to it JackFlap and the truth is it is rather poetic that the two things deemed as being inevitable “Death and Taxes” for once coincided!

You know, it never even dawned on me with regards to that saying! You are absolutely correct my friend and I was laughing for a while after I realized it. Although, I don't want to make light of the whole thing either.

This guy, in my opinion, took his energy and determination and used it in a way that truly displays the attitude of someone who felt he had nothing left to lose. He failed to see that his actions would indeed put others in hardship and danger and I believe he could actually care less what impact this would have on others lives.

Maybe that was the kind of person he was. Maybe it was karma that he did what he did and didn't take so many others with him like he clearly intended to. Yes, karma is something alright.

The amount of money and resources that are poured into our current and ongoing killing systems is staggering, it is true. If our foreign policy wasn't so geared toward domination we wouldn't have to worry about building and up keeping such things. These resources could go toward fomenting a truly peaceful relationship with others.

How de we begin to tell foreign powers that we may have had an epiphany and a new way of thinking that doesn't include the muzzle of rifle? I know I'm a dreamer, but a wise poster once told me that we all make our own realities. Maybe if enough us make this our reality, it will be reality indeed.

The current system seems more interested in killing us than helping us live. What goes around comes around and the sad truth is its coming around!

This is one thing that I really don't fear and neither should you. From what I can gather of your posts you are far too knowledgeable to let a little thing like death get in your way! The system may be geared toward seeing to our demise but what we do before the inevitable will be around to haunt them for quite some time and make their plans that much more unattainable for them.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

And here we read:

At least 27 civilians died in a Nato air strike in southern Afghanistan, the Afghan cabinet says, revising downwards a prior statement that 33 were killed.

Nato said it hit a suspected insurgent convoy, but ground forces later found "a number of individuals killed and wounded", including women and children.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The problem is that murderers are actually innocent...
But, anyhow, they enable us to retain our "freedom" to discuss...
Isn't that a great relief?
Murderers are innocent and they "make" us free...
God thank You!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

As I said Proto... we get the heroes we deserve...

I see a hero as someone who takes responsibility for their life and doesn't lash out in a tantrum... in this way I'm a raging conservative...

Al capone on the other hand was a hero to many, as is Bin laden, as is Joe Stack....

Though, these may very well be role models that the disenfranchised follow instead of rising above... they are not heroes.... a Hero is much more than just someone who gives hope to people....

Barack Obama for example, did he give hope to many, is he a role model for many... sure... is/was he ever a hero... no...

Why? Because he hasn't changed anything... Don't get me wrong.. I'm an Obama supporter.... love the man as a politician.... but he isn't a hero...

Joe stack... same thing... to call this man a hero is to align yourself with the mentality that sees a suicide bomber as a hero... indeed, that's exactly what he was... a suicide bomber... a kamikaze...

Though you may see his act as noble, it has changed nothing... and thus is not a hero...

It was, as all frustration spent on childish things... in vain, and merely a tantrum Just like the guy who shot everyone up at the Army base recently...

There is no difference...

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It is pretty amazing when a nut job can kill an old man and cost taxpayers millions, and be called a hero. His message came across to me as " I made a bunch of money and didn't want to pay taxes on it so I committed suicide and destroyed my family's things while killing some old man."

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Not talking about side issues here, I think my statement is pretty clear without the need for your superfluous rant.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

What military would you be referring to?

If you are referring to current times, you are 100% dead wrong.

If the current military wanted to protect our freedoms, they would lay siege to Washington DC .

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Who told you that? it's on old cliche. What US freedoms were the vietnamese, n.koreans, iraqis or afghanis threatening? I'm pretty sure they're all too far away to have much influence in that regard.

The dudes who freed themselves from red coat rule and set this country up are the ones to really thank. The modern military that I served in has been degraded into a violent tool for the oligarchs... disposable pawns sent by the elite who manufacture reasons to take strangers resources at gunpoint.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Regardless of your 9th grader's opinion there of our military, its a fact that without those who follow orders there would be no forum such as this one where you and the other kids can spout out your rubbish.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You want a "Hero" here's a thread about a hero..... Shame on those who consider Joe Stack a hero....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

That freedom is a direct result of the military being killed while your safe at home.

Is this an attempt at making someone feel as though they are required to agree with the actions of its government by implying that people are dying for their very safety? Or is it a way of provoking emotions and instilling guilt to further an agenda that you know of or have no idea you are promoting? Or are you trying, in your own feeble way, to make someone have a higher regard and reverence for what you believe is a noble cause?

By the way, you could have just said that our soldiers are just following orders and are not really murderers and they believe they are keeping us safe here. Or something along these lines.

I think my statement is pretty clear without the need for your superfluous rant.

No, it wasn't clear in the slightest bit. That's why I figured I would ask you some of these questions that I am not clear on at all. Now let me take five while you mull these things over.

He who asks is a fool for 5 minutes, he who never asks is a fool forever.

Edited to add that this is actually on topic because we are discussing the problems that may or may not have led to the whole Stack incident and ways to circumvent further Stack-like actions.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Regardless of your 9th grader's opinion there of our military, its a fact that without those who follow orders there would be no forum such as this one where you and the other kids can spout out your rubbish.

No it isn't.

So if people weren't dying in Iraq and Afghanistan then no one would be able to use the internet. Because "terrorists" would come over here and destroy it I guess.

Yeah, that's a great "fact."

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The military types need to get off of their high horse.
There is not ONE of us that should thank a veteran for our right to speak our mind. We can only thank our collective DETERMINATION to speak our mind. Thank yourself.

Let's look at ourselves in an historical sense.
Rejects from all over the world suffered hardships to come here, slaughtered the native tribes (and were slaughtered by, let's not forget) as per the natural laws of the time (news flash!!! NOTHING HAS CHANGED), and exploited the resources that generally benefitted the greater good to such an extent that foreign countries (people) were envious.
And noticeably, foreign bankers. Enter, the IRS...

Our military, for like the last century, has been involved in global empire building. (Thanks guys.) More than a few heroes in this bunch, but proclaimed heroes by whom? Can we recognize that we have been programmed. Perhaps not.

The system Stack was hurling his body towards, his pound of flesh, does not care about flesh. Not his, not the flesh of its "own"...
Don't you get it? This is war! How can you win when you do not even know you are in one? The system takes everything from you, and you defend it?
Look at the roads, the post office, sewer systems, etc.
People did that. People that believed in the "system" created these things, not the SYSTEM itself. That is the key. The system, our collective desire to contribute our time and energy with the expectation we will see a fair return, is fragile. It can only work if people trust the system.
When the system lets you down, PEOPLE let you down. When the system is sending your kids off to war for empire building, PEOPLE are doing that.

YOU are the enemy if you disagree with the system. To the system, as it is presently populated, Stack can ONLY be an enemy. Period.

Chalk it up to ignorance or apathy. The answer is to repopulate the system.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Stewie]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Do tell, what is a military type, and where do you make this determination... also, if this military type so concerns you, why are you here, instead of protesting at some base. In addition, i'm quite sure any of these military type's would gladly take you along on a journey, ( sort of christmas spirit like, ya know scrooge and all ) back to when they was defending your right to post this, and have you stand up for your belief's while the enemy put's a round in your crazy butt..... nuff said

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join