It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman evicted and house condemned for using solar power

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
What would the electric company say if she said that she was starting to embrace the mennonite/amish faith and just working her way up to horse and buggy?

Faith trumps bogus codes don't you think? as for the refrideration it is actually a luxury when you come right down to it. Don't buy perishable food if you are not going to cook it that day. mayonse will keep for weeks if you don't contaminate it, milk buy dried or canned, bacon-well it is salted for a reason check out some blue water sailors tricks and you will see that you really do not need to refrigerate most of the food you do as a habit.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
And ya know what's going to happen.

Absolutely NOTHING.

Because no one really cares. It didn't happen to them, so, so what...

You pretty much said here what I always feel about a great deal of the human race. We've embraced complacency. Or rather, laziness. A bit of cowardice perhaps.

Someone can reply to me with "I don't see you doing anything about it". And I could say, "I don't see you doing anything either".

We rather post words on an internet forum instead of do anything about any of the injustices in the world. I'm hardwired I fear to go onto the next distraction. The second I post this I'll go read an article about suppressed technology or something, start looking that up for an hour.

I'm tired of it. But hey! I'm ok! Just spending time waiting for my own catastrophic catalyst..

[edit on 29-1-2010 by danj3ris]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by To Many Lies
Thats pathetic who has the right to stop you from generating your own power.

I am considering building a magnetic generator to power my house
when/if i do i would love to here the electric company say i am not allowed.

I think everyone should consider this and i could almost guarantee that
if a large sum of people did this the government would create some law
which makes it illegal to generate your own electricity.

this just make me want to rid of all corrupt government just need a few
million people.

- To Many Lies -

that would be awesome if you did build a magnetic generator, personally i know nothing of that technology, if do you such a project it would be great if you made a thread documenting your steps and the process

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
Here's a useful link that proves you can purchase solar generators not for the THOUSANDS, but under 300$

www.rain.org...

[edit on 29-1-2010 by misfitofscience]

nice link

its interesting he made his in 96 at least for the one in the picture, if he did it for 300 in 96 it should be cheaper now, as the technology becomes more available and the substances used should have become more widely used and easier/cheaper to find

what blows my mind is the simplicity of the situation

maybe the power generated on this one is low, but im sure with a little knowledge it should be fairly easy for someone to make a more efficient one, especially since its been 14 years since he made his in 96

and if anyone can come on here and say that we havent developed much more since this design from 96, than that in itself is a conspiracy as to why not

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey

what blows my mind is the simplicity of the situation

Obama should declare marshall law.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

Regardless, she contravened the codes, and was evicted for doing so. She was warned, refused to do anything, and got thrown out.

To me it sounds like she could do with a mental health evaluation.

reply to post by To Many Lies

Read the story. She was not punished for generating her own power, but because she didn't generate enough of it.

reply to post by Dramey

They don't always do that, even when the title is glaringly, obviously inaccurate. Like the thread about the 13 year old boy with a working time machine design. Clearly that is complete nonsense, but the thread is still called that. ATS doesn't seem to have too high standards when it comes to accurate thread titles - I guess the mods are overworked.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by Dramey

Regardless, she contravened the codes, and was evicted for doing so. She was warned, refused to do anything, and got thrown out.

To me it sounds like she could do with a mental health evaluation.

Read the story. She was not punished for generating her own power, but because she didn't generate enough of it.

reply to post by Dramey

They don't always do that, even when the title is glaringly, obviously inaccurate. Like the thread about the 13 year old boy with a working time machine design. Clearly that is complete nonsense, but the thread is still called that. ATS doesn't seem to have too high standards when it comes to accurate thread titles - I guess the mods are overworked.

im not going to waste time debating about a thread title, if its that big a deal, contact the mods and have something done about it, but youre obviously in the minority if you read the thread

i wont reply in this thread again on the title issue as it just wastes space and time for people having to read the same thing over and over

you say she should have a mental health evaluation

does everyone with financial troubles need mental help then?

how is she supposed to do anything about it if she cant afford to?
money doesnt grow on trees and electrical costs in many places have skyrocketed, shes not the only one not able to afford it in this country

so basically because shes broke she needs mental health help and she deserved to get thrown out of her house because she could not afford to pay for electricity

so basically you are saying broke people with mental issues should be homeless

so since you obviously know she didnt have enough, you know what kind of solar panels she was running? or you just believe everything you hear from a government official without any detail to the situation?

so other then maybe her telling them what she was powering how did the officials know she wasnt using any of the generated power for a refrigerator

also she was NOT hooked up to the grid so how did they ever find out how much power she was running?

i can keep asking these questions all day because still they have not been answered

on top of that, what does it matter, seriously, bottom line, a person was thrown out on the street because they could not afford electricity

thats the world we live in and if you dont see the problem with that then theres not much else for me to say to ya

theres what 7 billion people in this world

how many billions have enough electricity to power a refrigerator?

lets make em all homeless right?

thatll solve our economies problem, even more empty houses with people on the streets

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
Here's a useful link that proves you can purchase solar generators not for the THOUSANDS, but under 300$

www.rain.org...

[edit on 29-1-2010 by misfitofscience]

"This 300 mah (approx 5 watt) solar panel comes with a cable that can connect to a battery or various other devices. The internal batteries of your wireless electronics can be charged by connecting the PowerFilm� Rollable Solar Panel to your device's 12V cigarette lighter adapter by using the optional (not included) RA-2 Female Cigarette Lighter Adapter is required for your solar panel."

for starters, I don't understand their math, amp x volts = watts, 300ma x 12 volts = 3.6 watts... but that still doesn't matter.

do you guys realize how little power that is? you would need 3 of those solar panels (or 4 if you use my math) to even power a typical compact fluorescent bulb.(13 watt)

Sure you can store power in batteries, but with 1 panel even after 10 hours of charging at 100% efficiency (which doesn't exist in the real world) you would only have 50 watts of power (using their math)

thats enough power to compact fluorescent bulb for little less than 4 hours. Power my microwave (1000watt) for 3 minutes. cool I guess I could cook something. Power my snake's cage (40watt) for a little over an hour.

I could go on and on about how useless that amount of power is. If you want to pay 100 dollars for something to charge your cell phone sure go ahead. But we are talking about someone house. those solar systems that cost "THOUSANDS" put out real power and run peoples houses or part of it.

Anyone got any links to anything with useable power? alot of you are claiming you can do this cheap and I still can't find anything that doesn't want me to pay them, so they can tell me how.

Last month I used 700 killowatts, that breaks down to 940 watts an hour, obviously I could cut out power if I needed to. but still find me a system that will give me 200+ watts average each hour (remember you don't make power when the sun goes down) and is "cheap."

Now im going to go look up a magnetic generator because I don't have the slightest clue what that is. sounds cool tho.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

while I 100% agree with you about the government response to this.

If she went the "internet DIY" route, she wouldn't be making enough power, to meet their requirements (which yes I agree its wrong)

If she got a real system, she had alot of money to spend

If she got a real system she could of sold it to pay for many many bills to come. also If she had a real system and money problems It would make more sense to stay hooked up to the grid and get credited the power you don't use. why go off it in the first place?

I know what your saying is we truly don't know the story and we are only hearing one side of it, but still with what we do know, she went about this very poorly on her part and screwed up bad.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It basically comes down to her putting up a deposit with the utility. Then she can choose to not use any of their power. She just needs to have the capacity to run these items. She is not required to. After a year or so they have to return the deposit. The rules stink but with little effort or cost she can she have exactly what she wants. Sometimes it pays just to play ball.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

This technology has been around for a very very long time. i remember
learning this in school and powering small things like an alarm clock ect; it is simple really.

The thing that gets me is that this must be the most efficient source for
electricity, it cost absolutely nothing to run as its the force of the magnets
that power itself.

But the greedy rich don't want this to be used as they would lose their
business in supplying electricity.

- To Many Lies -

[edit on 30-1-2010 by To Many Lies]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

You are putting words into my mouth.

I'm saying she had enough money to pay for a solar electricity installation, that she knew about the warnings from the city, that she had plenty of opportunities to right the situation, and yet through all of that she never once did. That, to me at least, makes her seem a bit unstable, hence my statement about her possibly needing a mental health evaluation.

As someone with first-hand experience of mental health issues, I strongly resent the implication that I think sufferers should be homeless. Personally, I think people with mental health issues should be given free, and effective treatment.

There are many ways the city could know what she was powering, and what she was capable of powering. A cursory glance from the street at her panel setup would reveal exactly how much electricity she could expect to generate.

So please stop attacking me as some sort of monster - I'm merely pointing out that the system failed her, and that the issue doesn't lie with solar electricity, or some kind of conspiracy, but probably with untreated mental health issues.

They aren't in use not because power companies don't want them, but because they don't exist. Unless you are talking about a simple dynamo (which is just a normal electric motor).

Enough of this conspiracy stuff already!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

Magnetic generators that produce electricity do exist but only on a small
scale as far as i know, i mean did you not learn that in science at school
"two magnets and copper wire" thats just the basics of it obviously we
done this and powered alarm clocks with it this could easily be done on
a bigger scale ...

I am not going into it in detail as imo this is drifting of Topic of what this
thread is about.

- To Many Lies -

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Has any one looked where avondale AZ is west side of phoenix AZ . This city is with in 15 - 20 miles from one Indian reservation and about 40 from another . Pima on the southwest and San Carlos Apaches on the east and there is probably 5 with in 100m . I have been on the San Carlos rez . And like the Navajo rez it is a rare day to find electricity to every home. Yet these people live and survive some quite well . Some have good jobs also . With out Electricity !!! I just find it funny she has her home condemned and within 100 miles there could be 10000+ homes with out electricity.

To me its a sad reflection on the City of Avondale . To condemn a home and create a homeless person over her choice of power .

I my self have had to make the choice gas electric water waste pick up food insurance or gas for my vehicle ect . Till I got back on my feet thank god the city I live in didnt condemn my home I feel they are not following the same agenda as Avondale .

And these economic time more people will be faced with choices like this . Hopefully very few will have their home condemned and be homeless.

I still find this incident as completely WRONG .

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

Hey Dramey !

These are the solar panels she has on her roof .

Perhaps somebody might have an idea what amount of electricity they are capable of producing .

Her battery bank .

And for those questioning the condition of her home .....

An additional piece of info found on the site link.

Avondale requires residents to pay a $40 fee for a permit allowing them to use alternative sources of energy.

In the past six months, Avondale has issued about 12 photovoltaic permits and nearly 30 solar water-heater permits, said Ken Sowers, chief building official with Avondale Development Services.

An Avondale-issued photovoltaic permit is valid for 180 days, which means the inspection needs to be conducted within that time frame. Once the inspection is passed, no further inspections or fees are required. A box contained incorrect about the permitting process.

link

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Now the question you have to ask yourself is, if she was just disconnected from the electricity for not paying, and obviously,. would not have had sufficient power for anything, would they have done the same thing? NO. they wouldn't, however she wanted some electricity, and she supplied what, and here's the big one what she thought adequate enough for HER It doesn't make her mentally ill, but I suspect you are just for saying something as dumb as what your posts say. She was sane and she was a survivor, but then you people who depend on on the corporate opressors would state something like this, because you are too stupid to get out of the system, or have any idea how to.
I mean it's not like she had forty cats or feces spread all over the house trash to the ceiling, or anything like that. All valid reasons to evict a person. This however is lunacy, and you're jumping on the governments always right bandwagon. Does it hurt to be that stupid?
Who the hell has the right to tell anyone how to live?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Yeah, that's called an electric motor. Not a "magnetic generator". They're no secret, and can be used to run things the size of ocean-going cargo ships, and diesel-electric locomotives. The same principle that powers an electric motor also works in reverse. Turn the spindle of an electric motor, and a current is generated. It's no secret, it's no esoteric knowledge. It's basic physics.

I have no idea what they were teaching you in your science class - it sounds funny

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Now the question you have to ask yourself is, if she was just disconnected from the electricity for not paying.

She was sane and she was a survivor...

Who the hell has the right to tell anyone how to live?

The way I see it the city wants money, the electric company wants money, the IRS wants money, the county property assessor wants money, social security money, medicare money, the state wants money, sales tax on everything you buy at the store, gasoline tax, and then the corporations using propaganda brainwashing techniques on TV all want money, etc.

Does anyone know if she was recieving money from the 100's of different government(S) programs that are out there to help the poor and struggling?

See this is how it's going down.

100 different attacks from 100 different directions.

They all want money. Let's give it to 'em.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by ldyserenity

The way I see it the city wants money, the electric company wants money, the IRS wants money, the county property assessor wants money, social security money, medicare money, the state wants money, sales tax on everything you buy at the store, gasoline tax, and then the corporations using propaganda brainwashing techniques on TV all want money, etc.

Does anyone know if she was recieving money from the 100's of different government(S) programs that are out there to help the poor and struggling?

See this is how it's going down.

100 different attacks from 100 different directions.

They all want money. Let's give it to 'em.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by In nothing we trust]

I think it's a lot more insidious than just wanting her money, maybe they want or need her property for some reason or whatever, so this is how they're taking possession legally without having to put a dime into the property!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Look im tired maybe im not getting my word quite right.

I never said that electric motors were some "Top Secret"
project i know they are being used in every day life

what im trying to say is this same process can be used to
make your own generator, make your own electricity,
power your own house with only having to pay for the equipment
no more paying for electric.

You dont pay for electric you pay for the service the electric company
provide so what im getting to is why is it people get in trouble
for simply trying to generate there own free electricity

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join