It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The children of illegal aliens (anchor babies) have bankrupted the state of California

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BillfromCovina

Not if people wake up and get over this whole white guilt trip that the PTB have laid upon everyone, and start demanding that our representatives end this immigration scam that is destroying out country and economy.

We solved this problem back in the thirties, and we can solve it again.

The illegal immigration is the biggest problem with our economy right now, followed by the twisted trade agreement policies that heavily stack the odds against the U.S. work force, and in favor of cheap third world sweatshops.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Armour For Victor

Your employer didn't give you a job, you earned it by demonstrating you have a degree of competence and reliability.

Sorry, but yours is the slave mentality. This is the mentality of most third world people, and that is the reasons their countries do not prosper.

It is us US Americans that demand higher wages for our valuable time that succeed in creating a strong economy.

If you develop a skill that is valuable, then you are a business man, who sells his skill to those willing to pay for it.

Finding a job should never be your final goal.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

And your resources come from??? Oh wait yeah... those tomatoes that you're eating guess where they came from? How about the oil? Oh wait... yeah not from our country.

Dude, read a bit before just blabbering out a slick come back.

Most of our resources do not come from our country. Most of the food is produced and shipped from Mexico. Oil? Can't stop listing the countries.

Somebody else needs a grip from reality.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
oh dear,

"Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free..."

whatever happened to that idea? was it not cost effective?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalek
oh dear,

"Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free..."

whatever happened to that idea? was it not cost effective?

Every building has a maximum occupancy. Ours has been reached...and then some. The first priority, the first group allowed to remain in the building, are the ones here legally. The US can't afford health care for the entire country, nor many other needed investments (schools, rails, food, affordable shelter...etc., etc.). It is time to close the borders...especially to those illegally entering.

Here is my story...if you have the time. I am self-taught computer programmer. I started programming in 1989 and from 1992 to 2002 I was in high demand, making 100K (very good for this area), programming for police departments and jails...mostly. I believe it was under Clinton that a bill (or something) passed that created an influx of IT "professionals" from outside the US due to the rising demand (and salary) of US born (and legal immigrants) currently working in the US. Today I work in security, making about 20K...still with a wife and two children to support.

My talent never went away, my work ethic and skills continue to this day, and I still program on the side. What nearly killed us, was the "legal" immigration of non-US-citizens to this country for the sole purpose of lowering the salary and fill the demand for programmers.

I can suck that up...I can understand the logic...I can (and have) bravely faced my situation and have made the best of it that I can. But now some people want to permit illegal immigrants into the US? THAT is wrong. Those jobs that "nobody wants" are the jobs that Americans relied upon for when all else failed. Those fall back jobs are gone...as are many out-sourced jobs...especially in IT.

It is time to buy American, hire American and stop out-sourcing. Too bad if it hurts the big corporations. That "hurt" doesn't put them into the "red". If you want to sell here...hire here. If you want to be part of this still great country, you must support and contribute to it...not leach off of it like a tick.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

As a personal example, Medi-Cal (medicaid) always paid the prescription copays for those on Medicare. As of this year, they do not. I believe it is because every baby born in California is completely covered...yes, the so-called "anchor babies" are fulling covered under Medi-Cal, but the seniors and disabled will have to make it without the extra help they were promised.

Illegal immigration also adds to our violence, as there are street gangs for every home country. This doesn't help those of us who continue to live here get our needs met!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Ok, i understand why you may think i have a slave mentality, and its not all that correct. Yes I earned the job because of my skils, the problem is the final decision came from the employer, who could of easily selected someone else. Yes I sell my skills at a variable price but I still have to earn it. Finding a job is never my final goal, its my first.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Armour For Victor

Cool, I had to think a long time before making that post, but I felt the point needed to be said.

The idea that you can get a job and work someplace for the rest of your life is a thing of the past.

Time to throw off the corporate yoke.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
reply to post by CaptChaos

So why don't you move to Mexico if you think they are doing it "right?"

The country that has that "if you are useful" clause for immigration, is the country that is outsourcing some of it's jobs to China, and is OK with it's citizens dying to do food processing for Tyson foods here in the USA.

I used to think that Mexico was the perfect haven for capitalism and the Libertarian mentality of no regulations or interference with the making of profit -- but recently, I realized, it's Haiti. Nobody is forcing business to pay minimum wage or more than someone is worth... and apparently, that number comes out to about $.27 an hour -- or $.28 if you draw cartoons for Disney.

And since you aren't WASTING all that evil tax money on infrastructure, and allowing business to provide so much -- when there is an earth quake -- people crushed by houses aren't worth ANYTHING. With all that charity and international aide from caring people around the world --- corporations can rebuild all the stuff they need to HELP the people help them -- and go right back to making sure nobody votes in anything but a corporate puppet.

Next time there is an Earthquake -- more bleeding hearts will INVEST again.

I really don't know why people who love these kind of "screw the useless people" laws don't just go to these countries that don't coddle lazy people. Haiti or Mexico would love to have you.

I DO live in Mexico. I am not an illegal here. I have to jump through all kinds of hoops to maintain my status. This one kid is quoting how he is a hard worker, and both his parents are illegals and have been in the US for thirty years, now have a million dollar mansion etc. so they should be allowed to stay. BS!

I've been here for six years. If I do not keep up my status, I would be kicked to the curb (or rather the border) IMMEDIATELY. If I had been here thirty years illegally, and made all kinds of money and bought a mansion etc. they wouldn't just deport me. I would be put IN JAIL.

And this kid says he can go work in Mexico no problem, but the pay is bad. That's because, I guarantee, he looks Mexican and speaks Spanish better than English, so they wouldn't question him. In the US, if you can't speak English, you're hired anyway. No matter how good my Spanish is, they can see I'm a gringo and I must produce all kinds of papers at the drop of a hat. The reason for that is: the CORPORATIONS get punished if they hire illegals. La Migracion checks all this stuff all the time and they LOVE to shut places down that aren't following the rules. In the US, they let the corporations do whatever they want. When they hire illegals, they not only pay them less, they do not pay taxes or workman's comp etc. This makes them cost the corp about one fifth of what hiring LEGAL workers does. So of course they hire the illegals, and everyone looks the other way.

If they can't speak English, no one cares. Here, I have to PROVE I can speak Spanish or else forget about it.

None of you seem to have any IDEA about this stuff. If the corporations wouldn't hire them, there would be NO ILLEGALS COMING IN. PERIOD.

IF their own country wasn't so screwed up and run by crooks, they wouldn't want to leave it. So let them flood in, the poor guys, they need help. Give it a few years. Once the US is totally like Mexico, and all you guys are happy to have a job that just barely enables you to live in a cinderblock hut with a dirt floor and a hammock to sleep on and NOTHING ELSE, then the illegals will stop flooding in. The US is being led down the path to become a third world country. It's well on its way, Once there is no economic difference between the US and Mexico, they will dissolve the borders, and your dollars will be traded for Ameros, worth about the same as pesos.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
This has been common knowledge for years............why is it news now. The illegalks need to go, and take their kids with them. If you want to come here legally, hey I'm all for it. This on the other hand is just wrong. Read the article, how many hospitals closed?
This is fair to US tax payers how? We give aid and support to everyone....at the expense of our own country's financial stability....time for it to end.

www.examiner.com... ornia?cid=channel-rss-Politics

I've heard this from a Californian man I know.
He predicted this would happen back in the 1980s and all his liberal-minded friends laughed in amazement.
They aren't laughing now though...

Capt, I totally agree with you bro' the same this is happening in my country with corporations who've asset stripped the UK and ruined the construction industry with cheap and often dangerous labour from eastern bloc countries.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by WatchRider]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I am amazed that there are so many jobs in America now that require you to be bilingual and speak spanish. I'm talking about simple factory jobs. Never before in the history of my time have I seen catering to illegals before an American citizen. I am 51. All other cultures have learned english. Now we have to not only compete for jobs, but speak their language in order to get one? This is not the America I grew up in.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

One word

Reaganomics

That is when they began allowing all the illegals into our country, and ignoring the corporations that were hiring the illegals.

Look up Numbers USA and start sending faxes to you congressional representatives.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Where are you from? Do you mind if I come to your country and take some land for myself? It doesn't belong to you anyway.

What are you talking about...that's what we did to begin with!

*shakes his head*

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Whose We?

You mean everyone?

Cause that is the situation.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

Land doesnt belong to us....hmph whos it belong to then...the dead indians?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Yes, us, we, everyone. We are all beneficiaries of the land grab and ownership.

2nd line.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Wow, you just said all other countries have learn to speak English, yet now you complain because you assume a large amount of jobs REQUIRE you to speak Spanish.

I live in Dallas, Texas. One of the most immigrant populated cities in the States. (mainly Mexicans) I have yet to come across a job that requires you to speak spanish. What is true is that some jobs do prefer spanish speakers, because that helps with spanish speaking customers.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Armour For Victor
reply to post by Night Star

Wow, you just said all other countries have learn to speak English, yet now you complain because you assume a large amount of jobs REQUIRE you to speak Spanish.

I live in Dallas, Texas. One of the most immigrant populated cities in the States. (mainly Mexicans) I have yet to come across a job that requires you to speak spanish. What is true is that some jobs do prefer spanish speakers, because that helps with spanish speaking customers.

Peace!

You don't deal with customers in a factory.
I don't assume. I have seen the ads for these jobs.

In working for over 30 years with immigrants from all over the world, I have seen where most have learned and spoke our language. It wasn't until the influx of illegal spanish speaking people that we had to press 1 for english, have signs everywhere in spanish, jobs that require or preffer that you speak spanish. Other cultures wern't catered to the way the hispanics are.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Night Star]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
As I said in one of the other 1203957 threads on anchor babies...

The children of illegal aliens (anchor babies) ARE the state of California.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The reason people on welfare have more babies is to get more welfare. For hard-working taxpayers, having children costs money. For welfare breeders, having children makes money.

Since illegals work off the books anyways, they can get welfare while working. There is no way to know that they are working.

"Humans over money" sounds really compassionate, doesn't it? But somebody has to earn that money. So "humans over money" really means that money is taken from productive people and given to unproductive people.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join