It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The children of illegal aliens (anchor babies) have bankrupted the state of California

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The reason people on welfare have more babies is to get more welfare. For hard-working taxpayers, having children costs money. For welfare breeders, having children makes money.

Since illegals work off the books anyways, they can get welfare while working. There is no way to know that they are working.

"Humans over money" sounds really compassionate, doesn't it? But somebody has to earn that money. So "humans over money" really means that money is taken from productive people and given to unproductive people.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Originally posted by Armour For Victor
reply to post by Night Star

Wow, you just said all other countries have learn to speak English, yet now you complain because you assume a large amount of jobs REQUIRE you to speak Spanish.

I live in Dallas, Texas. One of the most immigrant populated cities in the States. (mainly Mexicans) I have yet to come across a job that requires you to speak spanish. What is true is that some jobs do prefer spanish speakers, because that helps with spanish speaking customers.

Peace!

You don't deal with customers in a factory.
I don't assume. I have seen the ads for these jobs.

In working for over 30 years with immigrants from all over the world, I have seen where most have learned and spoke our language. It wasn't until the influx of illegal spanish speaking people that we had to press 1 for english, have signs everywhere in spanish, jobs that require or preffer that you speak spanish. Other cultures wern't catered to the way the hispanics are.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Night Star]

Yet you don't care that everyone else has to learn English just to get by in the world. You don't mind that English is the

official language in Commonwealth countries and many international organizations.

Or how about that it is derived from Latin and Greek. It's ok that our language is required in many other countries, but when another language is spoken and "preferred" it's no bueno.

en.wikipedia.org...

there you will find information and a chart that shows other countries that speak our language. Go over there and tell them to stop speaking our language.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Armour For Victor

I was reffering to the USA, not other countries. I meant the immigrants whether legal or illegal, that are here in America. I would never force my language on another country. If I wanted to go to or live in another country, I should be able to speak their language.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hey, I'm a brown-skinned natural born American. I'm annoyed at illegal aliens from Eastern Europe. Does that make me a racist? I believe experience can also make you racist, like the Koreans and Chinese after the WWII Japanese invaded.

I'm also annoyed at idiots against borders. Why not take all the locks off your doors? How would you like me to walk into your home uninvited? There is no frigging difference, you need to secure the perimeter of a home, and more so, of the country.

By the way Mexicans are not native Indians, they're mixed with Spaniard blood. Like the Mexicans friends I grew up with who asked, why do we have to speak English, a white man language from Europe? Why can't we just speak Spanish? And I so I had to ask 'what country do you think Spanish came from?'

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
No. Your own government has bankrupted America. Your governments insatiable appetite for war, as well as there unbridled allegiance to multinational corporations has bankrupted your nation. Let us also not omit greed and apathy.

Blaming all of your country's ills on immigrants is short sighted, ignorant, and intellectually dishonest.

You brought this reality upon yourselves, with the assistance of your government, and the corporations that it caters to playing the largest role.

You have chosen to buy in to the propaganda that emanates from the foul mouths of your media conglomerates. The very same propaganda that always seeks to place the brunt of the blame on the average human being, rather than place the blame on who really deserve it. That being those at the very top of the pyramid structure.

The last few years should be evidence enough that neither political party cares about the average American. Both parties gave billions of taxpayer monies to their corporate masters. Both parties have assured you that they are currently at war with Iraq and Afghanistan to protect your freedom, whilst spreading that very same freedom throughout segments of the middle eastern region.

If US troops were really over there to spread freedom, then why are they not liberating Saudi Arabia? The same Saudi Arabia that is renowned the world over for their gross abuses in regards to human rights? Why was George W. Bush photographed holding hands with the Saudi royal family? Why did the current president bow to them?

You are given constant reminders about how fearful you should be. They ask that you remain vigilant. They even have a terror alert level. All of these dire warnings, and yet, your southern border remains largely undefended.

I've read that upwards of a million Mexican migrants cross the border in to the United States on an annual basis. Imagine how easy it must be for individuals wishing to bring harm to the American people to cross that very same border, completely undetected.

And yet, you have been led to believe that your government is only stripping rights, freedom, and liberty in the name of safety.

The majority of their actions certainly seem to contradict their alleged intentions don't they?

Perhaps you should consider focusing your anger and resentment on who truly deserves it.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by purple23

All of our countries ills are not caused by illegal immigration, but it is currently one of our countries biggest problems, if not the biggest.

Our current economic problems have nothing to do with the wars, we are not suffering from a shortage of goods and services, just the opposite, an excess. Supply continues to exceed demand, because immigration has lowered wages and increased unemployment, resulting in people not having enough money to keep up demand.

Yeah, the root of the problem with over all excess immigration is the influence corporations have over government.

The situation still goes back to the problem of immigration, and the problems in third world nations.

It's amazing, we have actually reached the point were we can easily out produce what we are capable of consuming.

The rest of your post I agree with.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

So you wouldnt force your language on another country, but its ok to force it on people? Yes they live here so force them to learn the language. Thats were its all wrong. The problem is like you said, companies "requiring" people to be bilingual. Or speak another language. Its not the immigrants. Don't take your hate and frustration out on them, they just want a better life, take it out on the companies that make the rules and regulations. If you want to live better then do what it takes to live better just like the immigrants you speak about, whatever it takes. Take a stand against the companies that force another language onto people. They are forcing you to speak another language and you dont like it, so why force immigrants to learn ours. If we dont accomidate our standards for them, then they will have no choice but to learn our language. the problem is we make it easy for them to come here live here and not have to learn anything knew, yet in the mean time we complain about it and blog about it.

You stated that if you live in another country you shoudl learn their language. I want to point out that you said SHOULD. Because you dont have to learn another language but its gonna be hard if you dont. Back to my problem, we make it to easy for others to migrate here and not learn English and honestly, we only have ourselfs to blame for this, not them. You go to the mall and you see an easy sale buy, your going for it, its on sale, its too easy. We always take the easy way to everything. Thats what they are doing, taking the easy way in. We can't really blame them for that, we can only blame ourselfs for allowing it to get that easy.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
There are places like ALIPAC and NUMBERS etc. Join and learn. Fight back.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

kind of like how you're assuming that anyone who's against illegal immigration is a xenophobe

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join