It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims, Christians set homes ablaze in Egypt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Muslims, Christians set homes ablaze in Egypt

www.asharq-e.com

Muslims and Christians set fire to each others' homes and shops near the southern Egyptian town of Nagaa Hamady on Saturday, three days after a gunman killed six Coptic Christians in a drive-by shooting, security sources said.

"Four houses and a shop belonging to Christians in the village of Tiraks were set on fire by Muslims, while four shops owned by Muslims in the village of al-Bahgorah were set on fire by Christians," a security source said. The villages are near Nagaa Hamady

Six peopl
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

I feel that this war on religions is just fueling that... wars on religions.

When will we be a more mature planet?
Aliens must be laughing at us!

Organized religion is the biggest ponzhi scam on the face of the planet.

I am interested in seeing what others have to say about this topic.
Oh yes I am!

www.asharq-e.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Why do muslims claim to be peacefull? I've never heard any good news about Muslims. They like fire.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
You know, both of these religions fear the coming one world dictator. The Christians call him the "anti-Christ" and the Muslims call him the Dajjal. Yet, they never stop to realize that all religious conflicts do is fuel his rage. He is out there somewhere, watching,listening, and his disdain and rage grows by the day.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Arsonists in Malaysia struck a fourth church on Saturday as the government tried to soothe tensions arising from a row over the use of the word "Allah" to refer to the Christian God.

It seems that its not only confined to Egypt.. its great how this "religion of peace" always seems to need an enemy to fight....

Link

[edit on 123131p://f46Saturday by Selahobed]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

and christians (catholics) any better??? wow these people worship the same god in the end they just have different names for him but the same god nontheless what i say is let them kill themselves off these people are so rooted in there ideas that there will and is no gettin through to them so just let them deal with each other it sounds cruel but what can we do they want to kill eachother i say let them we just handle the whats left that area will always have conflict unless we remove one of the obvious cause which is religion

la2

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
it does seem that its now a concerted effort, muslim/christian hostilities now in 2 territories, maybe part of a wider plot?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

Well, certainly!! The Muslim and Christian attempt

Take a good look at the world around you and prove me wrong. PROVE me wrong!!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Sounds almost like they're inventing a new holiday. Set Each Others' House On Fire Day probably won't catch on, i don't think.

I like all you [*SNIP*] who think it's just Muslims. ATS, deny ignorance yo

Mod edit: Removed name calling.

Mod Note: Courtesy is Mandatory – Please Review Link.

[edit on 1/9/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If there were any proof needed that ATS has been invaded by staunch religious people, whether they be Muslim or Christian, there is no need to look any further than the fact that threads like this die quickly.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This isn't even news, it's the last 1400 years lol

Right on guys, show us unbelievers the greatness of Mohammad and the kindness of Jesus, I'm convinced you're right, really.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

They've always been that way. If it's not the Christians they are going after, it's the Hindus.... What Muslims don't realize is that the Hindus aren't going to abide it much longer.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_of_truth
reply to post by SuperSlovak

and christians (catholics) any better??? wow these people worship the same god in the end they just have different names for him but the same god nontheless what i say is let them kill themselves off these people are so rooted in there ideas that there will and is no gettin through to them so just let them deal with each other it sounds cruel but what can we do they want to kill eachother i say let them we just handle the whats left that area will always have conflict unless we remove one of the obvious cause which is religion

CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS DO NOT WORSHIP THE SAME GOD.

The Christian God is the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. Jesus is Christ, the Lord incarnate.

The Muslim God is Allah, of whom neither by whom there is any equal. In their eyes, it is lawless to make any human, Jesus or no, equal to Allah.

THESE ARE TWO VERY DIFFERENT GODS. BLOODLINES DO NOT COUNT.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
These two religions have a long bloody history of atrocities on both sides and it will continue until there is noone left. This isn't necessarily just muslims either. People all over the globe kill for a variety of reasons some do it for a pair of sneakers others do it for a god.

I am no fan of religion but religion doesn't make us kill people. We do. Humanity is varied in its cultures and beliefs but murder, war, vengeance crosses all borders and all creeds. Some do not agree with it but some do. Its life on this crazy planet of ours. Were the galactic equivalent of two year olds throwing tantrums. We just have shiny devices and gadgets to make us feel we've matured as a species.

Cheers

[edit on 9-1-2010 by thebulldog]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Sounds about right. A bunch of unenlightened idiots using the names of their supposed Gods in a pissing contest of who's deity has the bigger (you know what). What a bunch of children, and consequently, children actually seem to have a more civilized way of thinking in comparison to their grown, mature, and adult counterparts. Have you ever watched children who haven't been infected by this B.S.? With the exception of the occasional playground bully, most children play together unconditionally despite race, religion, or creed. Its not until their idiot parents instill a sense of false identity in their minds do they decide to separate from each other and form silly little factions of king verses peasant.

These two religions need to either be wiped out or quarantined so that they can't infect the remainder of the population who still like to use logic and reason to establish a peaceful and thoughtful way of life. All we are are monkeys killing other monkeys for dominance and control. We are all flesh and blood. We all drink water and need oxygen. We all procreate and speak languages to understand one another. If you ask me, that puts us all on roughly the same exact level of being. I'm still waiting to see this grand difference that somehow separates us from being ONE CIVILIZATION that supports itself for survival.

Now, my solution of elimination or quarantine may sound a bit extreme to those who practice either of these Abrahamic religions, but, take a look around of who is causing the most damage here. This is an outright sickness that is easily identifiable for someone of a sound mind, and ultimately, it will be the end of us if we don't wake up.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
This isn't even news, it's the last 1400 years lol

Right on guys, show us unbelievers the greatness of Mohammad and the kindness of Jesus, I'm convinced you're right, really.

Hit the nail on the head, ZombieOctopus.

Jesus did not condone Barabbas' actions. IN fact, the Jews RECEIVED BARABBAS INSTEAD FROM PILATE! They released the warmonger instead of the peace-bringer!

For Christians to act this way, they are NOT CHRISTIANS. I don't know if the media is skewing this or those people falsely claim to be Christians... but they are truly BARABBIANS. Or maybe better, Barbarians.

As far as the Muslims go, they are not being hypocritical of their religion... so who is more wrong?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

Sounds about right. A bunch of unenlightened idiots using the names of their supposed Gods in a pissing contest of who's deity has the bigger (you know what). What a bunch of children, and consequently, children actually seem to have a more civilized way of thinking in comparison to their grown, mature, and adult counterparts. Have you ever watched children who haven't been infected by this B.S.? With the exception of the occasional playground bully, most children play together unconditionally despite race, religion, or creed. Its not until their idiot parents instill a sense of false identity in their minds do they decide to separate from each other and form silly little factions of king verses peasant.

These two religions need to either be wiped out or quarantined so that they can't infect the remainder of the population who still like to use logic and reason to establish a peaceful and thoughtful way of life. All we are are monkeys killing other monkeys for dominance and control. We are all flesh and blood. We all drink water and need oxygen. We all procreate and speak languages to understand one another. If you ask me, that puts us all on roughly the same exact level of being. I'm still waiting to see this grand difference that somehow separates us from being ONE CIVILIZATION that supports itself for survival.

Now, my solution of elimination or quarantine may sound a bit extreme to those who practice either of these Abrahamic religions, but, take a look around of who is causing the most damage here. This is an outright sickness that is easily identifiable for someone of a sound mind, and ultimately, it will be the end of us if we don't wake up.

I am a Christian and these things which have been mentioned are not my actions. I am intelligent, peaceful, and loving(sometimes aggressive). I have little regard for the government, nor do I believe in it. I do not care about televangelists nor do I care for any celebrity Christians that makes bucks off of books.

I have GOD within me. He works THROUGH ME. I am still human and do bad things and make simple mistakes. But I know HE IS ALWAYS THERE. I never forget that when I do something bad or make a mistake, He was RIGHT THERE WATCHING. In this way, I AM NO HYPOCRITE.

Do not dare tell me WHAT SHOULD BE BANNED AND WHAT SHOULD NOT. If you want to ban anything, ban unintelligence. Most religions, regardless of how pagan and evil, were developed for a specific purpose and follow a strict set of principles. Don't sit here and tell me that because people are screw ups that we should get rid of religion.

WHY DON'T YOU JUST TRY GETTING RID OF THE WEATHER. You'll have more luck.

And you'll never ban unintelligence, as is obvious, because you contribute to it with this particular post.

Think or Pray - Either one, take your pick.

I tried twice to edit my "I am a Christians" remark and I missed it the first time...but I got it this time!

[edit on 1/9/2010 by TarzanBeta]

[edit on 1/9/2010 by TarzanBeta]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

the same god nontheless just with slight diffrences in a interpretation of the same being muslims agree that jesus was a prophet just not the last one (they think it was mohammed that received the word of god) they believe moses and abraham where prophets. so there religion comes from the same texts which are followed by the jewish faith that dont believe that the last prophet has come again they are the same religion with different interpretations

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Most religions, regardless of how pagan and evil, were developed for a specific purpose and follow a strict set of principles.

I find it funny that Muslims and Christians love to denigrate belief systems they have absolutely no knowledge of. Pagans are "eeeevil." Yeah, yeah, and Muslims and Christians are just the most pure, light seeking individuals on the planet. Right?

Really,now. Educate yourself, please.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_of_truth
reply to post by TarzanBeta

the same god nontheless just with slight diffrences in a interpretation of the same being muslims agree that jesus was a prophet just not the last one (they think it was mohammed that received the word of god) they believe moses and abraham where prophets. so there religion comes from the same texts which are followed by the jewish faith that dont believe that the last prophet has come again they are the same religion with different interpretations

Differences are what set GODS apart, not similarities. Need I say, "duh"?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join