It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims, Christians set homes ablaze in Egypt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

it is the same god in all texts the bible has the same god the torah has the same god the qur'an has the same god

need i say duh

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Most religions, regardless of how pagan and evil, were developed for a specific purpose and follow a strict set of principles.

I find it funny that Muslims and Christians love to denigrate belief systems they have absolutely no knowledge of. Pagans are "eeeevil." Yeah, yeah, and Muslims and Christians are just the most pure, light seeking individuals on the planet. Right?

Really,now. Educate yourself, please.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

Welcome to Logic class.

Here, you will learn why it is hypocritical and pathetic to be a pagan. You will also learn why it is evil.

1) You cannot be a slave to two masters. As a pagan, you make yourself a servant to more than one god. You divide yourself, making yourself weaker and for little reason.
2) As a pagan, you still fail to realize the evidence of creation and the logic of existence. There can only be 1 existence and 1 source. Therefore, any gods you worship are AFTER THE FACT.
3) Pagans are evil because people feel the need to worship and serve and recognize it... however, because people fear that anything they do might be considered a sin in the eyes of the true God (because they know the things that they do are wrong), they spiritually masturbate themselves by worshipping lesser ideals which are actually no match for the true God.
4) God is there and pagans know it. Pagans KNOWINGLY TAKE THE SIDE AGAINST GOD because they fear an eternity of service. It is a selfish mindset. IN paganism, the GODS SERVE THE PEOPLE. What greater evil is there that the people demand that their "creators" serve them?

If my child told me, "Dad, serve ME." I would look him dead in the eye and say, "No, son. You serve me."

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

1) You cannot be a slave to two masters. As a pagan, you make yourself a servant to more than one god. You divide yourself, making yourself weaker and for little reason.

If my child told me, "Dad, serve ME." I would look him dead in the eye and say, "No, son. You serve me."

why would you have your kid serve you thats called slavery and that is something that we know to bad and on the whole subject of god dont show me "faith" faith is the last resort of someone who cannot prove there idea

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Oh,
, you just made a mistake.
You want to talk logics? Ok, then we shall, "friend."

Appeal to Belief is a fallacy that has this general pattern:

Most people believe that a claim, X, is true.
Therefore X is true.
This line of "reasoning" is fallacious because the fact that many people believe a claim does not, in general, serve as evidence that the claim is true.

Appeal to Belief

The fallacy of Composition is committed when a conclusion is drawn about a whole based on the features of its constituents when, in fact, no justification provided for the inference. There are actually two types of this fallacy, both of which are known by the same name (because of the high degree of similarity).

The first type of fallacy of Composition arises when a person reasons from the characteristics of individual members of a class or group to a conclusion regarding the characteristics of the entire class or group (taken as a whole). More formally, the "reasoning" would look something like this.

Individual F things have characteristics A, B, C, etc.
Therefore, the (whole) class of F things has characteristics A, B, C, etc.
This line of reasoning is fallacious because the mere fact that individuals have certain characteristics does not, in itself, guarantee that the class (taken as a whole) has those characteristics.

Composition

There is your logics class.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Comedic response: Does anyone see the humor of a drive by in Egypt? How did they get away unless those were some fast camels.
Serious response: The Christians in the Middle East are under sever persecution lately and I can't help but believe it has to do with the American foreign policy. Did anyone see the CBS news at 6:30 p.m. eastern time when a want to be terrorist from Jordan congradulated the terrorist who killed the 8 CIA agents in Afghanistan and said the only reason he feels a need to do terrorism is the US foreign policy in the Middle East. They lie right to our face on the MSM and nobody cares!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Comedic response: Does anyone see the humor of a drive by in Egypt? How did they get away unless those were some fast camels.
Serious response: The Christians in the Middle East are under sever persecution lately and I can't help but believe it has to do with the American foreign policy. Did anyone see the CBS news at 6:30 p.m. eastern time when a want to be terrorist from Jordan congradulated the terrorist who killed the 8 CIA agents in Afghanistan and said the only reason he feels a need to do terrorism is the US foreign policy in the Middle East. They lie right to our face on the MSM and nobody cares!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_of_truth

it is the same god in all texts the bible has the same god the torah has the same god the qur'an has the same god

need i say duh

A god represents an ideal or a belief system.

We have the true God, the original Creator, who has manifested Himself through Jesus the Christ, the perfect, the second Adam. This is ONE GOD.

The have the false God, Allah, who has never manifested himself, has no heart, believes the Christians and Jews to be infidels, revealed himself to the prophet Mohammed 600 YEARS AFTER THE LORD HAD RISEN, and then claimed that -HE- was somehow the true God and the others before were not.

In what delusional world do you say to yourself, "These are the same god?"

I don't care what PEOPLE are telling you. I don't care what some self-proclaimed Doc tells you about history and religion.

If you were to ask the true God, "Is your name Allah?" He would say, "that is the name of the god of Islam." If you were to ask Allah if his name is YHWH, he would say, "that is the name of the god of the Jews."

I'm certain that just because in Greek, there was Cronos, that you certainly wouldn't equate Cronos to the CREATOR GOD!

I'm certain that just because in Nordic folklore there is Odin, that you certainly wouldn't equate Odin to the CREATOR GOD!

I am certain that you would not make these connections because THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT GODS.

Just because a religion CLAIMS to be from the bloodline of Abraham MEANS NOTHING. I wish I could say that Nothing with a TRUMPET because that's exactly what I mean -- NOTHING!

The SPIRIT is the form which God takes. Therefore, you are offending the Lord spiritually when you say that His form is NOT what it IS.

You cannot say, "Oh, you are also the god of those godless people over there, so they're your responsibility, too. They said so." What?

And for the record, secular people -never- have the say on who God is, how great He is, and what He does. You can have all the knowledge you want. You can read the Bible a million times. If you have not accepted God, it is more likely that one who has accepted Christ without a glimpse at the Bible has greater knowledge.

The Holy Spirit reveals Truth -- NOT MEN.

IT IS NOT BY MY BRAIN THAT I TELL YOU THESE THINGS. Knoweldge is FRUITLESS without Truth.

If you want to know anything about the true God, then ASK HIM. It probably would help to believe in Him.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Have you ever read the OT and Koran? Very little difference there. It's the same blood god... Vengeful, wrathful, rageful, et cetera. Not until Christ, was there any clarity as to what God was really like within the Abrahamic religions.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Oh,
, you just made a mistake.
You want to talk logics? Ok, then we shall, "friend."

Appeal to Belief is a fallacy that has this general pattern:

Most people believe that a claim, X, is true.
Therefore X is true.
This line of "reasoning" is fallacious because the fact that many people believe a claim does not, in general, serve as evidence that the claim is true.

Appeal to Belief

The fallacy of Composition is committed when a conclusion is drawn about a whole based on the features of its constituents when, in fact, no justification provided for the inference. There are actually two types of this fallacy, both of which are known by the same name (because of the high degree of similarity).

The first type of fallacy of Composition arises when a person reasons from the characteristics of individual members of a class or group to a conclusion regarding the characteristics of the entire class or group (taken as a whole). More formally, the "reasoning" would look something like this.

Individual F things have characteristics A, B, C, etc.
Therefore, the (whole) class of F things has characteristics A, B, C, etc.
This line of reasoning is fallacious because the mere fact that individuals have certain characteristics does not, in itself, guarantee that the class (taken as a whole) has those characteristics.

Composition

There is your logics class.

Your logic lesson is false, regardless of who backs it up.

In order for you to learn or retain any knowledge, you have to believe it. IN order for you to argue any point, you have to believe it.
Whenever you are arguing a point, it is generally in an attempt to set the record straight. But whose record? If an appeal to belief is logical fallacy, then everything that is EVER SAID IS FALSE.

Since I am not a liar, your logic lesson is false.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I think your fallacy is more on the compositional side, but, ok....
Keep kidding yourself.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Have you ever read the OT and Koran? Very little difference there. It's the same blood god... Vengeful, wrathful, rageful, et cetera. Not until Christ, was there any clarity as to what God was really like within the Abrahamic religions.

Interesting... I recall a god who is pretty destructive in the Greek and Roman mythologies.

Ever heard of Ares?

But that doesn't make Ares the Christian God either!

If somehow you think that the Christian God has the monopoly on any destruction, think again. There are many gods in many pagan religious which attribute that sort of war to "higher beings".

Once AGAIN, the DIFFERENCES MAKE THE GOD, not the similarities.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I think your fallacy is more on the compositional side, but, ok....
Keep kidding yourself.

The self-proclaimed Christians that set ablaze Muslim homes in Egypt do not believe in MY GOD by their actions. The Muslims DID NOT BURN DOWN THE HOUSES OF PEOPLE WHO BELIEVED IN THEIR OWN GOD.

There's the facts. Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

im going to assume you have not read these texts, but if you read them alot of the "stories" are in all three texts and to say we have the "true god the on true god" all it does is bring us full circle so the fact the religion is a plague on our society and unless we can rid ourselves of these chains created by man then we will never be free open your head and understand that religion was made to control and keep us fighting among eachother so the people with real control and continue exploit us while we stay fighting eachother

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Interesting... I recall a god who is pretty destructive in the Greek and Roman mythologies.

Ever heard of Ares?

But that doesn't make Ares the Christian God either!

If somehow you think that the Christian God has the monopoly on any destruction, think again. There are many gods in many pagan religious which attribute that sort of war to "higher beings".

have you ever seen the similarities between jesus and so many other different gods, they always say my god their god his god its like sports my team is better then your team it makes me laugh so what makes you think you are right cause if your wrong and worshiping with another god your just making him more and more mad

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Nah,nah....I am talking about how you want to lump everyone into the category of "evil" just because they belong to a certain group. That is a compositional fallacy.
P.S: ENJOY

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
the defense that they aren't real christians is starting to wear thin.
if you are under the same banner you bear partial responsibility.
call yourself something else or fix the problems of folks using your identity.

1.call yourselves jesusians or something different.
or
2.clean your house-root out and expose people who fly your banner for evil.
or better yet
3.realize that all religions are unproven and to hate vote or kill are too serious of issues to leave up to your imaginary friends and their goatskin diaries.

if someone steals your identity you are not responsible as long as you report it and fight it.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_grand_pooh-bah
the defense that they aren't real christians is starting to wear thin.

It is. I mean, you can bring things up like the Inquisition and witch hunts, and the first thing you hear is, "Well, it wasn't real Christians that did it." I mean, come on!!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by the_grand_pooh-bah

I agree up to a point; the term "christian" was a piss take from the romans because they used to act in the same way as the nero-ans who were happy clappy and huggy too... It was called simply "The Way" originally.. The original church never called themselves christians.. But because of all the piss taking and persecution Peter told them "not to be afraid to suffer AS CHRISTIANS," even though they never called themselves that...

[edit on 033131p://f00Saturday by Selahobed]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It is not just coincidence that this is happening at this time. If you read Patwant Singh's Of Dreams and Demons you will find that communal warfare always comes down to hired thugs. We take it for granted that the communal warfare reported on in India was something in their genes. Communal warfare is staged, planned and paid for. With so much bother about Sharia Law in Europe and so many false flag attacks in the US, somebody is trying to get people fighting. And the somebody is usually the same sick banker hacks that have been plaguing the US of A since 1913. Get informed, stop being manipulated.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by m khan]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_of_truth
reply to post by SuperSlovak

and christians (catholics) any better??? wow these people worship the same god in the end they just have different names for him but the same god nontheless what i say is let them kill themselves off these people are so rooted in there ideas that there will and is no gettin through to them so just let them deal with each other it sounds cruel but what can we do they want to kill eachother i say let them we just handle the whats left that area will always have conflict unless we remove one of the obvious cause which is religion

Christians and muslims do not worship the same God.

Muslims reject the deity of Jesus.

There is a difference.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join