It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired U.S. General Promises An Airliner Will Be Downed Within 100 Days

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Retired U.S. General Promises An Airliner Will Be Downed Within 100 Days

www.infowars.com

A retired U.S. General has called for strip searches of all muslim men at airports and “threat-based” profiling, declaring that “in the next 30-100 days,” there is “very high probability a US airliner will come down.”

“We have got to go to very, very strict screening and we’ve got to use profiling. And I mean, be very, very serious about the profiling. If you are an 18-28-year-old Muslim man, then you should be strip searched. If we don’t do that, there’s a very high probability that we’re gonna lose an airliner.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-1-2010 by MOFreemason]

[edit on 4-1-2010 by MOFreemason]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The headline alone caught my attention, then hearing a retired US general speak of a US airliner being "brought down" within the next 30-120 days almost sends a chill down my spine.

The idea of racial profiling to such an intensity is scary. The idea of stripping, no pun intended, our civil rights away so quickly is even scarier yet.

Is there a real, substantiated threat of a US airliner being downed? Is there true terrorist chatter hinting to such a disaster? Is this just further fear-mongering?

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
And i see the idea of giving up liberties for security and losing both..

Shame on you Americans..

Thats called Radical Americanism and Constitutionalists. Sucks for me cause I have to go with the herd and do what they say, pretty soon they going to have to strip search people for getting a happy meal.. Good job... Ohhh hell with it Lets do it now since nobody cares these people are scaring you now..

Pssst I heard AL CIA DA is going to put dirty fat in the hamburgers in McDonald's food and dirty sugar at all Starbucks... Tell this general whats up so we can get the same strict policies there..

Idiots all of you..

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Connect the dots people!

this is fearmongering
brush it off your shoulder IMMEDIATELY!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Here is a few lines from a movie called The Siege, let me know if this sounds fimilar or will start getting fimilar.

Move Here

General William Devereaux: This is the land of opportunity, gentlemen. The opportunity to turn yourselves in.

General William Devereaux: Twelve hours after the President gives the order we can be on the ground. One light infantry division of 10,700 men, elements of the Rapid Deployment Force, Special Forces, Delta, APCs, helicopters, tanks and of course the ubiquitous M-16 A2 assault rifle. A humble enough weapon until you see it in the hands of a man outside your local bowling alley or 7-11. It will be noisy, it will be scary and it will not be mistaken for a VFW parade.

The last 2 sound fimilar to now and what is going to happen.

General William Devereaux: Good morning. Today with the invocation of the War Powers Act by the President, I am declaring state of Martial Law in this city. To the best of our knowledge we are opposed by no more than 20 of the enemy. He is hiding among a population of roughly two million. Intelligence tells us that he is most likely Arab speaking, between the age of 14 and 30, narrowing the target to 15000 suspects. We can further reduce that number down to those that have been in this country less than six months. Now you have 20 hiding among 2000. If you are one of these 20 young men, you can hide among a population of similar ethnic background. Unfortunately for you, you can only hide there. And that population, in the classic immigration pattern, is concentrated right here in Brooklyn.We intend to seal off this borough, then we intend to squeeze it. This is the land of opportunity, gentlemen. The opportunity to turn yourselves in. After sundown tonight, any young man fitting the profile I described who is not cooperating will be arrested and detained. There is historically nothing more corrosive to the morale of a population than policing its own citizens, but the enemy would be sadly mistaken if they were to doubt our resolve. They are now face-to-face with the most fearsome military machine in the history of man, and I intend to use it and be back on base in time for the playoffs. Thank you for your time.

Anthony 'Hub' Hubbard: Are you people insane? What are you talkin' about?
General William Devereaux: The time has come for one man to suffer in order to save hundreds of lives.
Anthony 'Hub' Hubbard: One Man? What about two, huh? What about six? How about public executions?
General William Devereaux: Feel free to leave whenever you like, Agent Hubbard.
Anthony 'Hub' Hubbard: Come on General, you've lost men, I've lost men, but you - you, you *can't* do this! What, what if they don't even want the sheik, have you considered that? What if what they really want is for us to herd our children into stadiums like we're doing? And put soldiers on the street and have Americans looking over their shoulders? Bend the law, shred the Constitution just a little bit? Because if we torture him, General, we do that and everything we have fought, and bled, and died for is over. And they've won. They've already won!

The above quote will happen soon enough, we did it in WW II we can do it again.. anyway good work on not sticking to the constitution now a few people have to be picked on cause of 1 idiot with a power grab on us.

[edit on 1/4/2010 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Sweet Jesus... I thought this country was crazy as hell before 2010, but now it's just gone completely out of control. If I was a regular peaceful American Muslim, all of this racism and insanity would really not be making me want to be a team player.

And where the flying # did Yemen come from?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Out of curiosity, how many muslims in America do you think are team players. More specifically, which team?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Are you serious?

You don't think the vast majority if not all American Muslims are just good normal people like you and me trying to get by?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Out of curiosity, how many muslims in America do you think are team players. More specifically, which team?

you just opened quite a can of worms there bud
how many white caucasians are team players?
more specifically team players?

no i'm serious!
tptb uses divide and conquer to win
they made the west hate muslims
now there are too many domestic anti-govt. threats
so they did the same

how divided is america now?
look at the news after obama came to power
mouth of mainstream news "these stupid conservatives", "they are lying liberals", "left-wing nuts","right-wing militias", republicans, dems, bla bla bla.

how divided has this country become?

Soon, everyone will be an enemy.
www.veteranstoday.com...

It's just a matter of time
People believe what they read.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If ATS existed in 1933

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Out of curiosity, how many Jews in Germany do you think are team players. More specifically, which team?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
McInerney is a tool... he is one of the propaganda agents used in the pentagons "military analyst program"

"Internal Pentagon documents repeatedly refer to the military analysts as 'message force multipliers' or 'surrogates' who could be counted on to deliver administration 'themes and messages' to millions of Americans 'in the form of their own opinions.'

www.sourcewatch.org...

McInerney also "vice president of Command and Control" for defense contractor Unisys Corporations Electronic Systems division. Unisys does business with "various branches of the U.S. military", airlines (passenger reservations) and "..the world's largest RFID network for the U.S. military".

McInerney is probably trying to sell something to someone..

www.encyclopedia.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Actually he didn't promise that an airliner would be downed.
Typical Infowars misleading heading. As for the rest of it, I need to think on that some. Just needed to call bs on Infowars.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yes, I was serious. To the average muslim in America, which is more important? I'm not saying they aren't basically decent people, but no I don't see much action by them. Seems if I was tired of being labeled something because of extremeist actions, I might at least voice my disagreement with them, as well as a disclaimer. Then again, Islam isn't really compatable with the western world, is it?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I would agree to certain extent......but people can also believe what they don't read.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

That's like going up to a random black person in Harlem and screaming at them about gang violence in LA.

What is a group that has been vilified and discriminated against for nearly a decade supposed to do about people half a world a way who just happen to believe in the same book doing crazy #? Do you not see muslim leaders on the news constantly condemning these actions and saying Islam is a religion of peace?

That's like me screaming at you for atrocities Christians in Eastern Europe commit. Why can't your people get their # together?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If all the Muslims are supposedly proud American patriots then why do they constantly stonewall the FBI and refuse to cooperate in investigations? Why do they refuse to speak out against Islamic fundamentalism in large enough numbers that would actually deter movements from forming?

Lets see here; maybe because they put religion before country.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Because just like any other human born in the United States you do have some reasonable expectation of privacy without being considered guilt of any crime for having that expectation.

That's a terrible rationalization for picking out one group you don't like. And as far as speaking out, are you holding mass demonstrations against the hate groups that are of your particular race?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I don't know why this is such a big surpise to people. Yemen and America have been allies since 9/11. There is a growing Alqaeda threat in Yemen. Who is causing that threat is still up for debate.

Tribesmen from Mareb, east of Yemen, warned al-Qaeda operatives to immediately leave their province, otherwise they will be struck like their comrades in Arhab, Abyan and Shabwah.

www.yobserver.com...

Yemen has said it will not tolerate foreign fighters on its soil, following a pledge by Somalia's al-Shabab group that it would send fighters to help an al-Qaeda affiliate in the country.

In his comments on Saturday, al-Qirbi responded: "It would have been wiser for those who promise to export terrorism to work towards stability in their own war-ridden state."

english.aljazeera.net... 5.html

Then there's this:

Yemen's foreign minister has ruled out direct US military intervention to tackle the al-Qaeda group operating in his country

english.aljazeera.net... html

Despite international, including US, funding, Yemen doesn't wish for America to drop any foreign troops. This will be good to remember. I bet this has something to do with maintaing the Houthi ceasefire. Maybe.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by heyo]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

Hi!

I totally agree - nowhere in the text that has been presented did he 'promise' anything.... There is a danger of overamplification I think which creates a chain reaction.

Peace!

[edit on 4-1-2010 by The Wave]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Or, perhaps it's because they have been vilified by the media that they prefer to keep their heads down and get on with any kind of normality they can find in a country full of prejudice and bitter resentment toward their faith, which is often misconstrued because many Muslims cannot even read the teachings for themselves and have their holy book translated for them, sadly by hard line militants.

What is the significance of the age group in question here... 18-28? So when someone hit's their 29th birthday they are no longer capable of blowing their lid... how old was the shooter at Fort Hood for example?

Also, Chris, why did the Bush administration refuse to cooperate with the 9/11 inquiry? If you're saying refusal to cooperate with investigation is admittance of guilt or support of certain acts, surely you would look to your own government for this 'crime' as well?

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Pr0t0]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join