It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Kills 4 Protesters in Fierce Clashes in Tehran, Witnesses Say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Iran Kills 4 Protesters in Fierce Clashes in Tehran, Witnesses Say:

TEHRAN, Iran — Iranian security forces on Sunday killed at least four people, including a nephew of opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi, during the fiercest clashes with anti-government protesters in months, opposition Web sites and witnesses said.

Amateur video footage purportedly from the center of Tehran showed an enraged crowd carrying away one of the casualties, chanting, "I'll kill, I'll kill the one who killed my brother."

Fox News

Instead of trying so desperately to build a Nuclear Weapons Program, perhaps they should spend some resources on dealing with their apparently severe internal problems?

Semper

[edit on 12/27/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

the way i see it, is americans would not let people go around doing what some iranians are doing in there country and what amounts to treason.

Iran knows other countries are funding this.

All i say to those who wish change, be careful what you wish for, look at other examples of anglo american empire imperialism.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

So it is Americans causing this?

Priceless

Did you even read the article?

Semper

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

So we are lead to believe that america goes against all its history and admitted in past of causes great turmoil in iran. You believe that at a time when israel and america want regime change that the americans and brits and israleis are not behind all this, your not accepting any real world type scenario.

Iran will know its outside forces doing this, even if you do not.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Coordination Center for National Iranian Armed Resistance Forces declares its existence.

mikverbrugge.tumblr.com...

This announcement was received via telephone from a high ranking Army officer of NIRU from Iran

Start of announcement

Saturday December 26th, 2009

In the name of God the Merciful & Forgiving

Praise be to God and peace on the His Messenger (PBUH) and his family
I take refuge in Allah from the accursed Satan

The coordination center for National Iranian Armed Resistance Forces (NIRU) hereby declares its existence & accuses the current government and the leader of the Islamic Revolution, Mr. Sayyed Ali Khamenei of legal transgressions and high treason of nation and homeland.

We, a number of Officers, Soldiers and personnel of the Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran, hereby declare our readiness for rise to the armed defense of our nation against the forces of the criminal, illegitimate, transgressing and occupying current Government of Iran, and hereby inform our brothers and sisters serving with the armed security forces of Iran, invite them to join us, request their support and ask them to provide cover for us in this moral & national act. A special request for support & cooperation goes to our brothers of the Military Police.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Using that logic, one can surmise America is behind .. Let's see...

1. Earthquakes
2. Tornadoes
3. Famine

And anything else that may destabilize a region.

So, your logic is sound, if one does not want to look closely at FACTS

the Iranian people are obviously fed up with what is happening and they are stepping out for change.

This is a constant and time honored WORLDLY tradition. Sad that it comes at the cost of lives, but change can not ever be stopped when enough people want it.

But hey, let's just blame it on America; that the easy way out..

Semper

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Semper, when it comes to Iran, it's always the US/Israel at fault... or so it is proclaimed by those who seem incapable of believing that there is a lot of unrest in the country (by it's own people) and that the continuing protests and rally just *might* be due to that underlying fundamental.

ed: sp

[edit on 27-12-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

In the real world, there is always people from the anglo american empire p1ssing over others. the bbc is in every country,a nd iran blamed them for alot of what happened this year.

Do you not think that it is in there interest, the americans, uk, israel, for strife in iran. If you do nto think they are being this, thats your choice. But from my experience of life and i learned alot in my life, that alot do not experience about the evils of the uk government, you cannot say i am wrong on this assumption.

Who benefits is always a line we all use, when things happen, and we know conspiracies happen.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

So we are lead to believe that america goes against all its history and admitted in past of causes great turmoil in iran. You believe that at a time when israel and america want regime change that the americans and brits and israleis are not behind all this, your not accepting any real world type scenario.

Iran will know its outside forces doing this, even if you do not.

Andy, you do a disservice to the people who are willing to die,

and underestimate the Iranian people.

Iran protests spread in heartland
Demonstrations in Esfahan and Najafabad are evidence that the opposition movement has spread beyond Tehran to include a broad cross-section of people in central Iran.
www.latimes.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Well of course it's the CIA/FBI/MI5/KGB/PTA's fault. The Iranians have NEVER overthrown a Government before.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Lol don't bother trying to change andy's mind.. he is a lost cause.

He probably beleives the US does create earthquakes, tornados and volcanoes! Priceless indeed!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Becarefull what you wish for because you might not get to live under a dictatorship?

you sound as spineless as you sound silly.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Moussavi took part in the Iranian Revolution. As an "intellectual" leader, he was in charge of organising street protests (ding ding) against the Shah. He was close to Khomeini, not the actual Supreme Leader Khamenei, but Ruhollah Khomenei the 1st Supreme Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Moussavi allegedly participated in the planning of the infamous American embassy hostage taking. As a Prime minister, in the 80's, he ordered the killing of hundreds of political opponents and he is remembered for his tough stance against dissenters of the Islamic Republic.
His principal support at the last presidential election was Rafsandjani, former President of Iran, alledged founder and funder of Hezbollah, a proeminent figure in Iran politics since the Islamic Revolution.

If you want to believe without question that Moussavi is the leader of a free mouvement, fair enough. But don't laugh at other's opinion.
Why do we have to go all the way along the MSM reports of these events ? I don't find them very informative, they lack the basic crucial information like who is who. For sure, the US media industry can't have forgotten who Moussavi is. Why don't we hear about it ? How come Moussavi gets the role of the freedom liberty fighter when everything he has done in life points to the contrary ?

Please, take a seat, think about it, look into it, search for contemporary historical accounts, forge your own opinion.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

i live my being mind controlled mnitored 24/7. I have absolute looney toon people in government never letting me live a moment of my life in peace. So i know alot more of what governments can do to people than you know.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

the way i see it, is americans would not let people go around doing what some iranians are doing in there country and what amounts to treason.

Wow Andy, that must mean we should have been firing on people protesting the Bush/Gore Election........... how many people died during that turmoil? Or maybe when there were Protests against the Iraq war or maybe at Tea Parties?

Nice try there.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Yes yes of course yet this isnt the case. The Iranians are fighting for themselves.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

Instead of trying so desperately to build a Nuclear Weapons Program, perhaps they should spend some resources on dealing with their apparently severe internal problems?

Semper

Perhaps they should.

Maybe the US should consider fixing some internal problems as well

50% of children on food stamps

Tent cities are fasting growing form of housing

Schooling , 40% of high school grads think Alaska is a island

Its the old Glass House thing.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I'm so sorry, I didn't realize you had such a difficult life. You know this is the second time in a week some one defended them self against me by stating they are mentally ill. If the government is out to get you get some proof and I'll pitch in for the lawyer.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by mosesgunner]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

50% of children on food stamps

Do we have any proof of such statistics or are you just blowing stuff out of your posterior?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

50% of kids are on food stamps at some point in their childhood
scienceblogs.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join