It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

------FORUM GUIDELINES------

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Great job ravenshadow S&F for you!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I've seen you work at this for the last couple of months, and I think few people realise just how much time and effort went into this. Raven, you did an excellent job!

Hopefully our fellow cryptozoologists will use this to research, double check before posting a new thread and to learn. There is an immense amount of knowledge captured here. And not only the facts, but also what we've learned from past hoaxes and false identifications.

Again. Well done. I know you're proud of this thread, and you have very right to be.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
WOW, excellent directory and MUCH needed for this forum. Great job raven! It is obvious your passion and dedication to cryptozoology and this forum, no wonder you are a Forum Subject Matter Expert in here. I think every forum needs a orderly directory like this. Again, great job, star and flag from me, hopefully members will use this very beneficial tool I know you spent so much time compling.

[edit on 12/2/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Wow! This is an awesome list!! Comendable effort here... bravo.

Have you heard about the large Black Cats reported in S. Texas. I have a friend who watched one attack her Horse in Bastrop County. I showed her a few pictures of Jaguars and she thinks it may have been one. Jaguars were thought to be hunted out here in S. Texas but apparently there may be a nocturnal, black coat vairety here now.

Anyway... great post. Thanks for the hard work!

S&F

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Raven,

This is incredible!

Thank you so much for doing this.

I know sorting through hundreds of threads, day after day, could not have been easy, and organizing and sorting them is even more work.

What you've created is a wonderful concise resource for those who are interested in this topic, which I know lots of people are, and a useful tool for people to be able to see what our members have posted about the different subjects here.

Additionally, you've given a new voice to some fantastic older threads that have not seen light in many years but are still relevant and great as well. I really hope that people will review what you've posted here and be exposed to some of those classic threads from a long time ago which were responsible for bringing members to our community.

I know I'm going to really enjoy looking through this index, seeing some old favorites, some new information and all in all learning more about this.

Excellent work!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Threads like these are the reason I am an ATS member. Truely deserving of your "subject matter expert" moniker.

Brilliant work
-E-

[edit on 2-12-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This must have taking you more than a lot of time, I can see a lot of passion has been put into this index and its a very well done job, you could actually create an encyclopedia with that or even an ebook and you never know raven, you might make a few $$$.

Well done.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
WOW. Thats an insane amount of material.
Good Work.

Someone should forward this page to the cast of Destination Truth.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Some great christmas reading ahead. Thanks so much for the effort Raven!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Amazing.

Star and flag, and if I could applaud, I would.

This thread should and probably will for obvious reasons, be bumped up to the top of the crypto page, if it hasn't already been done.

I miss these kinds of threads on ATS, all the effort and research.. Just wow.

Great work Raven

-Jimmy-

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
My house will now go into total disarray due to your valiant effort. Thank you!! Fabulous resource

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I love replying to you all individually, so here we go:

SerialLurker- Thank you!!

Ridhya- Generally encyclopedias are, you know, organized by category.

Serbsta- Thanks! I added it to the index anyway, nice job! Some threads in the index aren't really in crypto, so it's not a big deal. It's still related to the board.

morbidity- Thanks!

Gemwolf- This was a blast and you know it (aaahahaha)! I have the same hopes for the use of this index as you do. Thank you again so much for all your help. If it wasn't for your guidance, this would never have worked out.

jkrog- Aww, thanks honey! I'm flattered, I have nothing else to say.

Anamnesis- Thank you! I have heard about them, actually, thanks to many of the members who did some great research in their threads! I believe information on them can be found in the Mysterious Felines category. And you're very welcome.

Djarums- On the bright side, I did read just about every single thread in the crypto forum. I feel very enlightened. I really hope that this tool is used. And you're right, some of the older threads are magnificent, well-researched, and completely ignored. They shouldn't be. I'm tired of the bad threads being bumped, it's about time for the really great ones to come back into the spotlight. And this way, when people say "Oh, how come there are no threads on X, no one ever covers X" they can consult the index. If it has been covered, hah, go learn about it and discuss it in whatever thread works best. If it hasn't, then go do some research and start a new thread. It makes sense to me. I'm so glad that you like it.

MysterE- Oh... that's so sweet. Thank you so much! And on another note, I love your avatar.

the_denv- Thank you so much! Yeah, it took me about 6 months, maybe a little more. I got very burnt out on it, and I didn't work on it so much when I was taking classes. My term ended so it was the perfect time to wrap it up. I started in about May, I think. Anyway, no, I believe that this index belongs to the members of ATS. Maybe in a couple years I could publish it online from ATS, but I would need explicit permission from all of the members, and many members are no longer active. No, I believe I would rather be paid in love, appreciation, and flags. Did I mention flags? I need some of those... haven't been posting threads nearly as much as I had been, because I was working on this for so long. But what really would be the best payment is if people actually use this resource. I've tried it out a few times when people are like "Hey, do you know about the... Beast of Exmoor?" I'm like "Chyes there are threads on it" and I was copying and pasting categories into threads from the .txt document that I had been making this in. It actually worked out pretty well. Now everyone can do it! And the more quality threads there are, the less I have to complain. That makes everyone happy! Consider it your payment.

Zeta Reticuli- Thank you! I don't know what Destination Truth is... Is the cast cute?

boredsilly- No problem! Enjoy!!

Jimmy910130- Thank you so much! It was a lot of effort, but it didn't really take research. You guys all did the research for me! We did sticky it to the top of the crypto page, and apparently it's doing well elsewhere. But that's all flag-based, so whatever. I just want to make sure people know that this is here.

DracoMama- Oh dear. Well, you're welcome! Not a problem.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I've had 0% interest in this topic since coming to ATS. But I assure you that with this amazing organizational effort, it will create an interest within me by just browsing through the links.

Amazing work.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Aw, thanks Chissler! I really hope that you do.

I mean, Cryptozoology isn't for everyone, and it kind of sits in the corner of the website. But I love animals so much, and for anyone interested in the other critters on this planet, I really hope that they will take a look and find something interesting to them.

Let me know what you end up finding interesting, it would be cool.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Absolutely outstanding work there raven!

Truly deserving of your 'Subject Matter Expert' badge!

You're right about this topic sitting in the corner of ATS, but I've always been sure to have a nosey, there's always something very interesting in this forum.

I'll have to save this thread for reference!

Thankyou raven

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

Thank you so much, and you are very welcome!

I'm so glad that you find it interesting. I know that I definitely do.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Wow, a most awesome job Raven.

Star and Flag on general principles and a bookmark.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ummarth

Thank you, Ummarth.

Thank you for the bookmark and accolades.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is just absolutely fascinating. You know, crytpozoology isn't one of my interests and I found the subject dull. However, your thread is really piquing my interest.

I'm going down your index finding all sorts of subjects that are intriguing. Playing 'word association' with cryptozoology, one thinks of big foot and the chupacabra. However, your compilation shows just how much more there really is to the field and what all has been discussed on ATS.

Thanks so much for doing this. You sparked a bit of curiosity from a skeptic in this field and from someone who didn't have much interest until seeing how much this subject has to offer thanks to your thread.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Excellent list Raven.

Thanks for posting this. I've long been interested in Cryptozoology (my personal favourite is the Beast Of Gevaudan story/report). You've made it much easier to access this information, so again thank you.

Just out of curiosity, do you have a personal favourite?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join