It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Make Work Mandatory or you go to jail!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by StinkyFeet

Wasnt joking. Not a man either. Have been an experiencer all my life and its for real. The slaves are busting this matrix wide open and we will get people organized for a new world.
All other concerns right now are meaningless. They aren't building those bases for nothing and amongst all the evil control this ruthless bloodline ruling from its illegal pyramid structure can be traced to ancient egypt royalty, but in reality they go back to sumeria.

And there are so many things being thrown at us from ecomomic meltdowns, but most of the world's population, billions actually, don't notice, they've always lived in unending torturous cruelty as it suits our leaders and their mismanangement team, just fine to be sadists, and dominate others. They create the most negative system to pollute the universe and it must be dealt with. We have to WALK AWAY AND SO NO. Its unity or catastrophe, we have to choose.

I've made my choice, now we need the numbers.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Unity_99]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Dude, I am so sorry. I thought you were kidding/going on a creative rift before. I didn't know you were serious. My apologies.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Transhumanist
I like how the OP completely ignored the fact that people living off ssi/welfare/unemployment are required to apply to over 10 jobs a week. The people that do not apply for work do not receive benefits unless they are mentally or physically unfit to work. These people are supported by donation funded institutions or their families. Rest assured, the people that aren't seeking work are not taking your tax dollars, therefor they aren't a problem you should concern yourself with.

SSI/welfare/unemployment are 3 different things. SSI and welfare are checks from the government(your tax money) that someone who can't or won't work gets. Unemployment is something your old employer pays when they "restructure" and move you job to mexico or china.

I work in the loan industry and see people everyday that get a disability check and i can't figure out why. If you have a back problem and can't lift 10 pounds find a office job. A lot of people just live off of the government and don't even try to work. I'll never see a penny of the social security taken out of my check every week. It will be gone by the time i am old enough to retire.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Ok, just a few questions about this proposal to make it illegal to not have a job....

What about people who are retired?
What about people who were fired?
What about people who were laid off?
What about people who cannot get a job because nobody is hiring?
What about people wish to stay home and be a house wife/husband?
What about people are unable to work for mental/physical health reasons?
What about people who were born into wealth and can afford not to work?
What about people who cannot get a job because of crimes they committed in the past?

Take that into consideration along with these questions...

How are we going to keep an eye on all the people in the USand make sure they all have a job?
How are we going to arrest all the jobless people?
How are we going to find enough jail cells to hold all of those people?
Should we free the rapists or the murderers to make room for the jobless?

Do you see the point I am trying to make here? If not let me spell it out for you... Making it illegal to not have a job is simply ridiculous.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
We should really follow the OPs argument to its logical conclusion. Let's start by taking his position as a given... everyone in America who can must work.

Of course to enforce mandatory work, we'll need a government agency to enforce the rules and ensure everyone is working. For now let's just call it the Department of Work.

But as he points out, the rich are exempt since they are not a burden on society. That means we will have to establish some sort of legal process to decide how rich you have to be exempt. That means that the government needs full and total access to ALL of your financial information to make that determination. I'm sure that we will need a whole host of other exemptions -- just like for the draft or mandatory military service.

We will also need to track and identify everyone in the country to ensure no shirkers are out there. Some kind of national registry and ID would be the most cost effective. Travel restrictions might be in place so that if you relocate, you have to register with local Department of Work office.. which might not let you relocate if there is not work where you want to go.

We have to make sure that all jobs being used by people to satisfy this requirement are legitimate so employers will have file with DofW some kind of registration of the jobs they offer and allow audits to ensure that they are complying with the law.

It will obviously be far too difficult to let people work at only the jobs they want so we will eventually just assign people to jobs.

We are going to need a lot of resources to enforce this whole program, including massive prison complexes to hold the slackers.

You know, StinkyFeet, we could probably solve the whole problem a lot cheaper and get much the same result by making slavery legal again. Or use the Stalin model and create a massive national labor camp and Gulag.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by metamagic]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Like many people today, I have been looking for a job and can't find one. I'm college-educated and have a few years of professional experience, but now don't have a job.

I'm slightly angry that some people ASSUME that anyone can just, "Go get a job!" Maybe I'm in the wrong field and state, but still, don't assume it's easy to find a job.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Staying home with kids IS work.....one of the toughest jobs there is.

It is disgusting when people think taking children to strangers all day, so they can go relax in some office and socialize, is somehow "better" than making sure your child becomes a well rounded human being.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

It is disgusting when people think taking children to strangers all day, so they can go relax in some office and socialize, is somehow "better" than making sure your child becomes a well rounded human being.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I absolutely agree ABOLISH WELFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I've visited this thread repeatedly, trying to coin a reply that would be appropriate.

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but why wouldn't anyone want to work in the first place? what kind of world do you see where people don't want to work?
If you don't work, you don't get money.
No money means no fun stuff like, food, shelter, clothing, electricity, computers etc.

Then in your world, who would decide who has to work? The government? That is so scary on so many levels, I wouldn't know where to begin.

And if the lazy in your world don't want to work, you put them to work in the jails that will be housing millions because they would be doing what they wanted to do vs a government mandate.

Did I understand this right?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You know who would agree with you?

Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

And/or put a time limit to how long you can be on welfare say just as long as someone can be on unemployment. I know people that have been on welfare for years and they are lazy sob's, how bout we get some dirt under our finger nails and work for once. Also everyone who disagree's with me on the fact of Abolishing welfare, could you sign a potition stating that you'll pay more tax money then I pay into it because your for it? I mean if your with this way of thinking I say you guys should pay more taxes!!!! Because... well you want it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse

Couldn;t agree with you more!

Second line

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Well, thank ya.

I feel like I do 10 jobs some days....lol

Laundry
Grocery shopping
cooking
cleaning
teaching (I homeschool)
playing
bathing
disciplining
paying bills
gardening
house renovations
doctor
referee....

I could go on and on......

meanwhile I am a single mother and his lazy dead beat dad has time for video games 24/7, money for at least a 24 pack and cigarettes, food, and the bar every night, but can't pay a dime in child support.....

yeah, I think thses guys should be working to help support their kids if they are too lazy to be fathers helping at home in no way at all....

and to the fathers out their who ARE supportive, especially still married, or taken over the place of one of these deadbeats, you are todays heros in my eyes.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but why wouldn't anyone want to work in the first place? what kind of world do you see where people don't want to work?
If you don't work, you don't get money.
No money means no fun stuff like, food, shelter, clothing, electricity, computers etc.

Read lots of your stuff around here and always love it.

I don't know why people don't work, because work brings satisfaction. For whatever reason, there are many who don't want to work and will lie and cheat and work the system so they donthave to.

Unfortunately in America you cannot work and still manage to get by either by taking advantage of charity, relatives, friends, or the government.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

And/or put a time limit to how long you can be on welfare say just as long as someone can be on unemployment. I know people that have been on welfare for years and they are lazy sob's, how bout we get some dirt under our finger nails and work for once. Also everyone who disagree's with me on the fact of Abolishing welfare, could you sign a potition stating that you'll pay more tax money then I pay into it because your for it? I mean if your with this way of thinking I say you guys should pay more taxes!!!! Because... well you want it.

ugh for the last time if they are on welfare they are applying to several jobs every single week. Being on welfare is practically a job in itself.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
people actually flagged this? work or go to jail? thats all we need. something forcing us to stay in society. freedom people. freedom.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Has it been considered that there isn't enough work for everyone, particularly planet wide.

Why do you all wait for someone to create a job for you?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Work purely for "work's sake" is silly. Chairman Mao encouraged everone in the late 50s to have a backyard steel or iron forge so the national metal production could go up. The end result was all these peasants who didn't know what the heck they were doing throwing spoons and metal bowls into the furnace, only to see returns of useless gobs of metal that had to be tossed out. The entire thing was a wasteful mess.

I think what the OP is objecting to, on a fundamental level, is the fact that some people in society get a "free ride" -- that is, they draw welfare benefits for years without looking for work, and are basically supported by the tax dollars of those who actually do work hard and create value. This is a travesty, to be sure, but there are more nuanced ways of addressing it. First, let's identify exactly who these people are, and then, let's try to make them more self-reliant by trimming pork and trying to find some sort of productive activity for them.

Anway, at a time when many talented people cannot find work despite stringent efforts to do so, it seems strangely out-of-key to suggest that its even POSSIBLE to find work for the whole nation.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
No there are no people on welfare who aren't actively looking for work because it's a requirement to be on welfare. The stereotype of the lazy bum on welfare is just that; a stereotype and one without any basis in reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join