It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority in U.S. Would Back Attack to Prevent Iran Nuclear Bomb

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

A star for you and I hope you get an applause also nice digging for the truth, now we know who wants Iran free for the taking.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

You worry about your enemies, you worry about your threats, and let us worry about ours.

It's an unfortunate circumstance that we got pulled into two World Wars because Europe couldn't do what was required, when it needed doing.

To postpone a fight is to benefit your enemy.

"The God of War hates those who hesitate." Euripides

Some things never change, but each generation has to learn the hard way.

THAT is the height of stupidity.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Nevermind, you people think whatever you want LOL

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Maj35t1cI2]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I am willing to bet that if you checked Pew's sampling and statisitcal analysis, you'd find that their poll does not represent "61%" or even a "majority in U.S." in favor of a pre-emptive strike on ANYBODY!

I've asked around. I'm conservative. Nobody I know and none of the family members I've asked are in favor.

This conclusion, this analysis, or both are deeply flawed.

jw

[edit on 6-10-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Bloomberg is full of crap.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I personally think Iran shouldn't have nuclear weapons, but who are you people to say that to Iran?? You shouldn't have nuclear weapons as well.... it's all recidolous...

as if iran is a threat with nuclear weapons... it ISN'T! The nuclear deterence still works... As long as US still have the bomb iran won't attack them... BUT if they have nuclear weapons it means that you can't so easily attack them... that's what bothers america's leader the most....

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sovietman
as if iran is a threat with nuclear weapons... it ISN'T! The nuclear deterence still works... As long as US still have the bomb iran won't attack them... BUT if they have nuclear weapons it means that you can't so easily attack them... that's what bothers america's leader the most....

Actually, they will attack. They are hoping to bring about the apocolypse and havin a nuclear bomb is just another step. dudes are whacked over there.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Do a draft please so people WILL stop supporting wars.

Draft is the only way.

And america can't go to war without a draft nowadays.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Do a draft please so people WILL stop supporting wars.

Draft is the only way.

And america can't go to war without a draft nowadays.

Totally! People in America are so quick to make war when the soldiers are dispensable. Dispensable in the sense that they voluntarily enlisted, so if they die then it's on them. If there was a draft, there would be a major public outcry and an anti-war movement that would surpass that of the Vietnam era.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The reason Americans do not under any circumstances want Iran to have nukes is as plain as the nose on your face.

Iran already is supplying dumbass Arab muslim fanatics with every weapon they can carry off.

So a rocket from Iran is fired from a back porch in Gaza, who exactly do you blame?

Can't strike at Iran, as they just provided the hardware.

Same thing with nukes. They'll pass them off to idiots, who have no problem going up in smoke as long as they kill the Great Satan.

So the smart thing - and I suggest the only reasonable option - is to smoke Iran before we get smoked.

They have a behavior history and pattern. Muslim fanatics have a behavior history and pattern.

You have a problem with soldiers getting killed?

Just wait until a US city or port gets vaporized. I guarantee, you pitiful "turn the other cheek'ers" will be raising more hell than anyone to strike back.

Your problem is that you are myopic. You can't see beyond right now.

You can't plan or anticipate the clouds on the horizon.

Oh yeah. Let's just go through life dumb and happy, trusting to others to make sure I stay dumb and happy.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

So the smart thing - and I suggest the only reasonable option - is to smoke Iran before we get smoked.

Ever stop to think maybe Iran feels the same way about America and Israel?
The only reasonable option? How about we stop playing world cop and we wouldn't have to worry about being "terrorized". Let Israel do something about it if they're so worried about it. We have enough problems right here at home that need to be taken care of rather than off being a bully and starting yet another war.

They have a behavior history and pattern. Muslim fanatics have a behavior history and pattern.

America has a behavior history and pattern just as much as Iran, and Christian fanatics have a behavior history and pattern as much as the Muslims, Jewish fanatics have a behavior history and pattern as much as both, I guess it all depends on which side of the fence you stand on. The only pattern I'm concerned about is the pattern of a world grown tired of America's and Israel's attempt at Mid-East dominance.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
The reason Americans do not under any circumstances want Iran to have nukes is as plain as the nose on your face.

Iran already is supplying dumbass Arab muslim fanatics with every weapon they can carry off.

So a rocket from Iran is fired from a back porch in Gaza, who exactly do you blame?

Can't strike at Iran, as they just provided the hardware.

Same thing with nukes. They'll pass them off to idiots, who have no problem going up in smoke as long as they kill the Great Satan.

You have a problem with soldiers getting killed?

Just wait until a US city or port gets vaporized. I guarantee, you pitiful "turn the other cheek'ers" will be raising more hell than anyone to strike back.

Your problem is that you are myopic. You can't see beyond right now.

You can't plan or anticipate the clouds on the horizon.

Oh yeah. Let's just go through life dumb and happy, trusting to others to make sure I stay dumb and happy.

Dooper, you do realize that if people are from Iran, they're Persians, not Arab's, right?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
When will the majority of America learn that life isn't a hollywood blockbuster.

The majority of Americans wish the deaths of innocents, yet the majority of Americans claim the higher ground when it comes to morals.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I agree.

Many people do not realize what's involved...

They do think it'll be some sort of Michael Bay blockbuster with explosions, a thrilling plot, and at the end, a victory for the good guys.

If we can solve this diplomatically, let's do as such.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

You DO realize that Hizballah is Arab, don't you?

Second line.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

lol, are you crazy? Iran is Hezbollah and al-qaeda and have nuclear weapons? :doublefacepalm:

You are truly psycho. Seriously, you need help.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Archon_Adept

Wait a minute before you go all psycho yourself!
Dooper said Iran provides weapons to arab militias such as Hizbollah/Hezbollah. And it's not such a great leap of logic to state that Iran would probably provide nukes to whoever wants them as well (Hezbollah for a start). Al Qaeda openly stated they would use nukes on the west if they ever obtained them! (Pakistan, Iran, N.Korea being the likely sources for them).

I'm not being pro-war or anti-war before anyone starts with the black & white accusations, I'm recognising the facts which we should all be aware of at the very least.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Well there it is, the public support is there - 61% in favour. I'm actually surprised it's that high, I thought it would be at the most in the low 50's.

Y'all backed the war in Iraq too, if memory serves...howze that workin' for ya?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The argument that we need to attack Iran becuase they might develop nukes and provide them to some radical group is disingenuous at best. There are SO many nukes floating around that came from the partially dismantled USSR stockpiles it's ridiculous. Iran doesn't want to bring about the apocalypse. Isreal doesn't want to bring about the apocalypse. Some small group of fanatics within each ostensibly do. And the same can be said of the US and many other countries as well.

Setting aside whether we have the 'right' to decide who does and who does not get to develop nukes, it is impossible to stop the process; only delay it. Iran knows full-well that if we get nuked they get glassed. It would be a horrific event for some realtively small piece of the US but it would be a nation-ending event for Iran that would have far-reaching consequences for its neighbors. They know this.

This Iran hysteria is fabricated. There is an agenda here. Keep in mind, 'they' told us leading up to the war in Vietnam that if we didn't fight the commies in 'nam we'd be fighting them in Main Street USA. We lost that one. And I haven't seen any commies running amok on Main Street.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join