It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thirteen Goals of a Witch

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I've read "Vampires: The Occult Truth" *good information on Psychic Vampires and how to protect yourself* and "Summoning Spirits" by Konstantinos. Both had some pretty good information in it if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
well,this is disappointing. i expected to see my name on the list.

seriuosly though, do you ever worry if there is a God, who may not want
you to be involved in things he forbids. things besides those you have listed, you know what i mean ? like if you put me on the list, then your list
would be of fourteen, instead of that unlucky thirteen. i joke,but you know what i mean right? do you ever have doughts? very curious.snf

[edit on 1-9-2009 by randyvs]

Please, don't take this as a flame. Its in NO way intended (but you know how texting is).

God forbids it? If I remember the bible, it was to keep any bravo sierra fortune tellers (not a witch by anyone knowledgeable) from giving bad info to soldiers before a battle. Remember also, the Church has had a "h-on" for women from the get go. Give it up for Lilith! The ONLY women to tell the almighty to get stuffed....AND SHE KNEW HIS NAME! She wouldn't be subservient to god nor man!

13 unlucky? Kinda like the Nazarene being one of thirteen? (yeah, Mary was in there too!)

Take most "witches" with a grain of salt. The ones that beat you over the head with "dig me, I'm a witch"-smile and walk away. I consider most to be "fuzzy bunny crystal collectors". Some will grow and some will go to the next fad. You have more pagans around you than you know. I'm sort of synthesized Gnosticism with Paganism. The Naz brought a synthesis (and no...not the Church) of old and new. He upset the power structure. I could go into the deep metaphysical on this but not now.

Witch's have suffered far too much for so much good done. many knew about being "clean" before the "wise" Christians started dying from the plague. That surely means they are of the
"DEVIL".

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JRSB

I would agree except to say the fad chasers found a new fad not so much it died.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Love is deceitful, not always good for sanity.

That's another topic I guess.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JRSB

synchronicity

Yes, I am waiting for insights.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I haven't read those yet, but "Speak with the Dead" was a really good book too! It is written for a general audience, not just the Pagan Community.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I will definantly check it out then. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

many knew about being "clean" before the "wise" Christians started dying from the plague.

boring.
thas an easy one.

thats because demons told them about "clean".
you see, demons (fallen angels) knew about "clean" from being in the "presence" of the creator of all living things,, before they got cast out with satan for their rebellion.

no those witches of old weren't the smartest bunch, they didn't figure out the "clean"
thing because they were the brightest kids on the block, it's about communicating and obeying old world evil spirits. they share knowledge from the underworld with those that seek it. they've been here long before us. they know many things about us better than we do ourselves.. including our weakness, vulnerabilities, fears, and desires.

look around..who do you think is running the show down here anyway?
some powerful being wants to completley wipe ALL life out. period.
just who is it do you think your fighting against?

i'll let you witches be now,
banned

[edit on 1-9-2009 by banned4life]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

you to be involved in things he forbids. things besides those you have listed, you know what i mean ?

God does not forbid the Craft, the bible does. The bible was written by man to control other men. These people that have placed themselves in control understand the power of divine nature and use it themselves but for nefarious reasons.

Jesus was a Witch and practiced the craft. In fact he was crucified for it. Why is it that only Jesus could perform "miracles" and for all others it is forbidden?

Its because the people that control us to this day did not want an empowered mankind because they cannot be controlled.

The divine power of the universe can be used for both good and evil.

An example: Jesus used it to heal.

The Pope uses it for control, as does all that pull the strings...TPTB.

It is not the power that is right or wrong it just is. It is the way and the intent it is used for.

I personally am not Wiccan, I am a traditional Witch and do not have to hide behind a modern pseudo label like Wicca.

To the OP: Nice thread I hope it may enlighten some and remove the blinders for those that want to "see".

May we all find that we are of the one, so mote it be.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

well,this is disappointing. i expected to see my name on the list.

you to be involved in things he forbids. things besides those you have listed, you know what i mean ? like if you put me on the list, then your list
would be of fourteen, instead of that unlucky thirteen. i joke,but you know what i mean right? do you ever have doughts? very curious.snf

[edit on 1-9-2009 by randyvs]

Please, don't take this as a flame. Its in NO way intended (but you know how texting is).

God forbids it? If I remember the bible, it was to keep any bravo sierra fortune tellers (not a witch by anyone knowledgeable) from giving bad info to soldiers before a battle. Remember also, the Church has had a "h-on" for women from the get go. Give it up for Lilith! The ONLY women to tell the almighty to get stuffed....AND SHE KNEW HIS NAME! She wouldn't be subservient to god nor man!

13 unlucky? Kinda like the Nazarene being one of thirteen? (yeah, Mary was in there too!)

Take most "witches" with a grain of salt. The ones that beat you over the head with "dig me, I'm a witch"-smile and walk away. I consider most to be "fuzzy bunny crystal collectors". Some will grow and some will go to the next fad. You have more pagans around you than you know. I'm sort of synthesized Gnosticism with Paganism. The Naz brought a synthesis (and no...not the Church) of old and new. He upset the power structure. I could go into the deep metaphysical on this but not now.

Witch's have suffered far too much for so much good done. many knew about being "clean" before the "wise" Christians started dying from the plague. That surely means they are of the
"DEVIL".

Exactly - The Witch fad is totally MySpace. Ooh look at me, I'm calling myself a witch.

Give me a break.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by banned4life

Umm... We don't believe in Hell, that's a Christian concept. So, to answer your question, no one, 'cuz it's a fictional place!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GigaloCool

Just because it became a fad doesn't mean that all who adopted the ideas were following the fad.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GigaloCool

I can't speak for everyone here, but I was a Witch long before MySpace or Facebook. In fact, I was a Witch before the PC. Access to resources is much easier now because of the internet though! GO INTERNET!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GigaloCool
If the mainstream were witches, the people who call themselves witches would be wearing polo shirts and worshiping Jesus in secret basements.

It will never be mainstream as those in the mainstream will never fully understand what it really means. Being a Witch means you celebrate the Sabbats (the turning of the wheel) and the Esbats (the cycle of the moon) Magick is a separate thing entirely. Being a Witch means you use the basic building blocks of the universe to make yourself understand the one these building blocks being the elements Earth, Air, Fire and Water. It is a commune with nature and nothing else but the Craft has this combination.

The craft may be a form of rebellion for some teens but not for a "true Witch"

You must be young and been exposed to only the Goth teen witch charmed ones path and not a true Witch.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I was one before I had a computer, because of my mom.

I also don't think it's a fad because I know many Witches who are rejecting many parts of the practice, even the entire Wiccan culture and who just stick to Paganism, and dump the title of Witch.

It is, however, a fad to wear pentacles. Like it's a fad for non-Christians to wear crosses.

It's all very personal. Solitary practice is the new thing. When I became a High Priestess, covens were the big thing. It depends where you are and who you talk to.

[edit on 9/1/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Exactly - The Witch fad is totally MySpace. Ooh look at me, I'm calling myself a witch.

true observation, and myspace is owned by who?
that's how satan is rolling these days..he's gone and will continue to go full blown mainstream. glad you see it too, its not "new" news though , that's another post though.

He needs all those myspacers, every last one of them! Horrible!
He's got a an army to build. He is alive and well, THRIVING here on ats, i should add.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by banned4life]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I have to say that if Coven work were a requirement, I would probably not have been interested due to too many years of Church and organized religion as a child and young adult. Solitary practice is what appealed to me, along with the basic precepts of it. It mirrored the conclusions I had come to on my own before being exposed to The Craft. In fact, I was shocked that anyone had come to the same beliefs! I thought I was alone in my beliefs before picking up my first book on the subject!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

It is, however, a fad to wear pentacles. Like it's a fad for non-Christians to wear crosses.

It's all very personal. Solitary practice is the new thing. When I became a High Priestess, covens were the big thing. It depends where you are and who you talk to.

It may be for some a fad. Not for someone truly in practice though. Geometry and what the pentacle and the number five are far from being a fad.

We have five appendages from the trunk, five fingers fives toes five senses. It is the four elementals combined with spirit. It is the five stations of Christ. It is very powerful if used properly.

The reason for so many going Solitary is because so many Goth kids that wanted to use the Craft for love or material gain were spoiling the energy of the sacred circle.

Personally I found the Craft in a very Magickal and divine way in my 40's. I am rather outside the box being a strong male arch type that practices the Craft for all the right reasons. I am a Brujo/Shaman and want to find the secret of the other side while still incarnate. I want to advance my soul knowledge and find that a lot of the "teen Witches" have ruined the purpose of the Coven.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by banned4life

Sweet Aphrodite in a handcart! That was not only ignorant, but downright dumb! Since the only people I have any interaction with on MySpace or Facebook are relatives and friends, I fail to see how they are tools of your fictional Satan! Maybe you think he's beaming 'evil' through the monitor??? And what is his username here on ATS??? I didn't know 'Hell' had the internet!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
In my old neighborhood an older lady I knew practiced some kind of craft, I don't know if she called herself a witch, it seems like she must have...anyway she was always rescuing wild animals, once she had a baby falcon that fell out of it's nest. One day I passed her house and she was holding it on her finger right out on the sidewalk. I was asking her what she fed it and she told me she had to replace its mother and teach it to go for blood-so she got live mice and yanked their tails hard enough to separate it's spinal cord-it would die instantly I guess-and would then feed it to the bird. I was impressed at the length she would go to for a bird, most people would probably call animal control or just leave it...if ever your pet had a problem or really just any kind of thing would come up that was out of the ordinary, like if you had a weird dream or so, she was always available to chat about it. I'll never forget her.

My landlady practiced Santaria, now she was a piece of work. Very interesting initiation period they go through. Some things she had to do for a whole year is wear all white, eat only with a spoon while sitting on the floor, and shave the top of her head. She had to prepare specific dishes for these spirits that were kept in ceramic pots. On the day of her "graduation" she had all this food laid out on the floor next to these pots. There were flowers and candles, etc and her house was open for everybody to come visit, eat bring gifts, etc. She once said "you'd be shocked if you knew the kind of people who are into this..." She alluded to a local news anchor among other bizniz hotshots. Never could figure out who the news guy or gal was though.

I got the impression that Santaria was like a hybrid of Catholic and Voodoo practices. I wonder if any of you all know-she said it was NOT about killing chickens.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join