It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thirteen Goals of a Witch

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If the mainstream were witches, the people who call themselves witches would be wearing polo shirts and worshiping Jesus in secret basements.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
One goal of growing up:

Stop thinking you're a witch.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

and Hollywood have deformed the image of witches.

where did you get this from? yeah it's hollywood demonizing those witches.
no.

i did not see in the list the part about laying a huge dildo (and i mean huge..at least 2 feet.) in the front of someone's house hoping to summon demons/evil spirits, yes i've seen a witch do that..have you?
as i understood it, it was part of ritual. /sarcasm OFF

1. Know myself
2. Know my craft
3. Learn
4. Apply knowledge with wisdom
5. Achieve balance
6. Keep my words in good order
7. Keep my thoughts in good order
8. Celebrate life
9. Attune with the cycles of Earth
10. Breathe and eat correctly
11. Exercize the body
12. Meditate
13. Honor the Goddess and God

hazelnut, i'm not poking fun, i just think that list is poop..i mean to say, i think that's how a witch gets someone snared. it's all good with those nice upbeat positive goals. that's how u get an open spirit interested in the craft.

you are then lured into darkness slowly and gently until.. your snared and you don't know how to get free.

just an opinion, i'm not preaching at you hazelnut.
i stayed at a place for a while in my 20's with some real satan worshipers.

that's when you get to see "it" up close and personal. evil has an appetite for slavery and destruction.

nobody admitted in the beginning of course, it was all
"there is no god"
and
"there is no satan"
"these are just made up concepts to keep us in fear"

i dont go to church (i say that so u don't think i'm a robot spewing out some script) btw, and i do not identify myself as "certain type"..such as JW or Mormon or Catholic or Fundamental Evangelical Christian

i don't like labels.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by banned4life]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

With an overstatement that paints all Christians as murderers? Right.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

Again, take things out of context all you like. Sensationalize what I said. I really couldn't care less, as that type of tactic is always either diversionary or a sign of ignorance.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Paganism and witchcraft get interchanged quite a bit. They can be one and the same, or totally seperate.

Most witches are pagans. Though there are jewitches and christian witches.
Witchcraft is the art of practicing healing or white magic. Depending on the sect, they come with their own rules.

But not all pagans are witches. In fact many choose, like myself, not to practice witchcraft. It has a lot of responsibility, and if not done right, it can backfire. Many groups leave it to the leaders to do any magic.

Many have strict rules regarding use. Many are careless. .

The rules to live by you listed tend to be the more modern take. Usually the wiccans. Along with the creed: Do as the will though you shall harm none.

Paganism and witchcraft are massive umbrella terms. There are many kinds of pagans, and many types of witchcraft.

It is the equivalent of saying, all christians and catholics believe.....

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

When you see priests blessing people, swinging incense around, or praying on the behalf of someone, they are basically practising magic.

It is basically the same principle for magic, you are taking energy out of the universe and trying to send it in a positive manor.

Many groups have pretty tight rules. Your not allowed to use it against someone's will. Absolutely no love magic.

In fact I have seen heated debates on whether if you have a friend incapacitated in the hospital, and you want to do some healing work for them. Do you go ahead and do it to benefit them? Or not because they have not given permission?

The general rule is that it can come back to you big time if not done right, which is why many pagans don't do it.

For example, I know of a woman who owned a business who got sued. She did a ritual to one of the gods of war, I wanna say roman to win the suit. She knew there was a risk. She won the case, but lost everything else in return, including the business. Because when you fight a war, anything else is just a luxury.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

for those like myself, whether we call ourselves asatru, norse heathens,norse reconstructionist etc.. it is the nine noble virtues:

1. Courage
2. Truth
3. Honour
4. Fidelity
5. Discipline
6. Hospitality
7. Self Reliance
8. Industriousness
9. Perseverance

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
thank you for sharing these thoughts hazelnut, i forgot to tell you that

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Whatever man. You said just that, Christians kill, that's it. Yet you expect someone to NOT take that statement at face value due to some unspoken parameters I guess we are supposed to magically know?? It doesn't say "some Christians kill" or even "some Christians have killed in the past" it says "Christians kill" or to quote you exactly "Yes, Christians kill.", which is a reference to them all when you put no other modifier as I did above with the other possible statements you could have used.
Either way we are derailing the thread with your silliness so I bid you a good day. And I do apologise to the creator of this excellent thread for continuing this farce.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Whatever man. You said just that, Christians kill, that's it. Yet you expect someone to NOT take that statement at face value due to some unspoken parameters I guess we are supposed to magically know?? It doesn't say "some Christians kill" or even "some Christians have killed in the past" it says "Christians kill" or to quote you exactly "Yes, Christians kill.", which is a reference to them all when you put no other modifier as I did above with the other possible statements you could have used.
Either way we are derailing the thread with your silliness so I bid you a good day. And I do apologise to the creator of this excellent thread for continuing this farce.

Ugh, sad, really.

Go back, re-read the exchange. I was responding to the statement that was made that no christitans kill. I used the example of the Crusades. I followed that up with "yes, christians kill" Perhaps I should have said "Yes, christitnas have killed". Of course, I didn't say "all christians kill", so it becomes quite aparrent that you only want to see it from a narrow point of view, and don't want to consider what I actually meant.

Now please, quit derailing this thread, admit you took it out of context, and move on. Sheesh.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
if i were religious i think wicca/pagan appeals to me !

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

is that supposed to be funny? tell you what, next time you expound on your personal beliefs i'll come on over and try to demean you...how's that sound?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
The Ten Goals of a Human Are:

1. Know myself

2. Know my craft

3. Learn

5. Achieve balance

8. Celebrate life

X 9. Attune with the cycles of Earth X

11. Exercize the body

X 12. Meditate X

X 13. Honor the Goddess and God X

Should love be in there somewhere?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I have never been sure what exactly to make of Cunningham I enjoyed some of his books but, he does say some things that I don't agree with. But that is considerably less than Silver Ravenwolf, who pushes covencraft even in a book supposedly for solitary practitioners or at least that is what I get.
And over the rede I prefer the different and older wording from Crowley "Do what thou wilt and that shall be the whole of the law.". It's funny how much people have gotten caught up in his shockjockery.

And pessimistic, nice attempt regurgitating my own statements against me but just drop it and take your crusade elsewhere please.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Can I ask some questions?

When were you introduced to the craft?

Do you think it is possible to learn from a book?

I believe one is born into it.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Absolutely one can learn much from books! But in the end, it's the practice that provides the most knowledge. There is where you find what works and what doesn't for you.

Since some have brought up authors like Cunningham and SilverRaven Wolf, has anyone read any of the books by Konstantinos? Nocturnal Witchcraft and The Gothic Grimore really hit home for me!

And while I have the Pagan Community in one thread, has anyone else ever noticed this? Me thinks that Ted Turner may be one of us! It would explain how he turned a local UHF station into a media giant!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by die_another_day
The Ten Goals of a Human Are:

1. Know myself

2. Know my craft

3. Learn

5. Achieve balance

8. Celebrate life

X 9. Attune with the cycles of Earth X

11. Exercize the body

X 12. Meditate X

X 13. Honor the Goddess and God X

Should love be in there somewhere?

Love is deceitful, not always good for sanity.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Can I ask some questions?

When were you introduced to the craft?

Do you think it is possible to learn from a book?

I believe one is born into it.

It appears to me that the culture of witchcraft etc. died in the early 90's

I found chaos and alistair crowley on the internet last year and have adapted my own method for "magick"

I like to think of it as a tool, each method has their own advantages but I like to keep it simple

However I think it will return in new and exciting ways, we'll probably lose the silly names we attach to them as well. A whole new study will develop as people start seeing the weird coincidences, synchronicity and deja vu which surrounds the upcoming 'end date'.
I look forward to it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join