It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thirteen Goals of a Witch

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
When I read this list for the very first time I was shocked at the common sense of it. I thought witches were, well...hollywood creations, fables, fairy tale creatures, evil hags, old women living in the woods or satan worshippers.

But this list is just plain good old advice for living a happy, productive, positive life. In trying to achieve these life goals, no one is judging me except me. I like that.

Is the fear and animosity toward witches a bi-product left-over from the inquisition and witch burnings? Or is the prejudice coming from established "mainstream" religions? Have the scare tactics that keep you from learning the true nature of witches worn thin yet?

As with all religions, interpretation is personal, therefore results may vary.

I'm shocked that you haven't realize that, basically, witches ARE hags, people living in the woods and Luciferians. If you truly believe that going sky-clad is a way of being more connected to "nature," then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

This is not "good old advice." This is a list of glittering generalities which does not help anyone achieve anything. I'm sure you could find a verse from the Bible, the Torah, and the Qur'an for each and every one of those "goals." The difference between Wicca and the "mainstream religions" is that mainstream religions don't teach you to worship a tree, or a pile of dirt, or a pool of scum water.

Notice how Wicca changes itself to fit with pop culture. With the feminist movement there's more emphasis on the "Goddess," while people don't realize that the "Goddess" and nature worship really represent the NWO.

And I like how you characterize people who disagree with you as violent and hateful.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

This only shows that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about!

witches ARE hags, people living in the woods and Luciferians.

Well, I'm a Witch, very male, can see downtown Ft. Lauderdale from my front door, and don't believe in Lucifer, Satan, Beelzabub, the Devil or any other name you want to give that fictional nonsense!

The difference between Wicca and the "mainstream religions" is that mainstream religions don't teach you to worship a tree, or a pile of dirt, or a pool of scum water.

I don't worship any trees, dirt of any type or water. I do, however, worship The One, the Divine Source of All. Now, The One can be found in those things, but other organized religions teach the same thing. I distinctly remember being told that 'God' was everywhere during my Catholic education.

To quote my avatar, your intentional ignorance is highly illogical!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I was going to say....

I'm very much a male, I live in a city and I don't practice 'skyclad', I wear robes.

Again with broad generalizations that do not apply to something one doesn't understand.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The only thing I don't understand, is why, in this day and age, anyone who is mature and not simply operating from some form of rebellious teenage angst, would call themselves a "witch"?

So you have to be a witch to observe the oneness of all creation and honour God as the ceter and source of all life?

I just don't understand what the motive would be, except to be different or eccentric.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

It's just a label, a word. I only use it to explain to others 'what' I am when asked. It by no means defines me, and if you read this entire thread, we don't even agree on any one 'label' to describe ourselves. Language is something we use with each other. No language is necessary when communicating with the Divine.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
Reply to post by randyvs

Actually it is argued amongst those that can translate the source langauges of the Christain Bible that "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." is actually a misstranslation and what it actually says is "Thou shalt not suffer a POISONER to live.".

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, word no. 3784, Hebrew being used in that sentence is
kashaph pronounced kaw-shaf
a prim. root; prop. to whisper a spell, i.e. to inchant or practice magic: --sorcerer, (use) witch (craft).
Nothing here about "poisoner" my friend. A witch is clearly defined by the term.

So, what is a witch? Let's get a common definition. Here's one from the Random House College Dictionary: "a person, esp. a woman, who professes or is supposed to practice magic, esp. black magic, sorceress.

If you are not fitting the above commonly accepted definition, you are something other than a witch. Perhaps you are a pagan of sorts, or a Druid.

I suppose there is some sort of collective persecution complex that lends some to want to be part of a persecuted group. Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses seem to fall into that sort of crowd, and they don't believe in the Christian God of the KJV Bible. Similar to witches, they have defined their own idea of who the Supreme Being is.

In my humble opinion, it is unfortunate that religions are made up of fallen people. When the truth comes along, most look to the followers and how well they behave, rather than to the source of the truth about the religion. Most who have fallen away from Christianity are likely people who have either had a bad experience with a so-called Christian, or have replaced their faith either with so-called scientific facts or historical Christian bad behavior. Of course, the Bible predicted these problems. Trouble is, you still need to have faith to believe. That's where a good teacher comes in.

Beware of the wolves in sheep's clothing who seek to devour your souls.

For an understanding of real Christianity, go here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

So YOU then are not a "witch", unless you are into magic and casting spells..

Although I find the idea of a Spock as a male witch.. intriguing..

[edit on 2-9-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint

So YOU then are not a "witch", unless you are into magic and casting spells..

You are burying yourself here friend, and I suggest you stop, right now, as it is quite obvious you know nothing of what you speak. Perhaps you ought to step away from the tv and do a little true research.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

"The One" is distinctly different from "the God and Goddess." Which one is correct??

Seems like less of a way to attain spiritual strength than a way to oppose mainstream Christianity.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Depends on who you ask, and their use of the word. To me, a Witch is someone who practices Witchcraft, but that's just me, as evidenced by other posters on this thread. Think of it as a 'disorganized religion'. There are also those who worship the Divine in the same way, but do not practice Majick.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

"The One" is distinctly different from "the God and Goddess." Which one is correct??

Seems like less of a way to attain spiritual strength than a way to oppose mainstream Christianity.

Oh this is hilarious. You do realize that witchcraft preceded christianity by thousands of years...right? No, really. You honestly cannot believe this stuff. seems like nothing but flaming to me......

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I was just trying to determine what makes a witch a witch's witch and which witch is which, that's all.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

The God and The Goddess are the masculine and feminine aspects of The One. The Divine is neither masculine or feminine, yet is both masculine and feminine, if that makes any sense. It (the Divine) is energy, and there is both masculine and feminine energy, but both are still energy.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Not only that - but Christianity, in it's infant stages actually took a lot of stuff from the older relgions.

1) Temples were built on the sites of old Pagan temples because the early Popes believed the 'simple folk' wouldn't notice the difference.

2) Christianity uses a lot of the same types of elements in their rituals - burning of candles/incense.. etc.

When a new religion arrives - the old religion's Gods becomes the new religion's devils. I think where the myth of witches worshipping the devil come from is the fact that the God was generally represented with horns - not for some EVIL - OMGZERS purpose, but for the simple fact that early man relied heavily on the hunt to provide food for him and his family. Nature = animals = horns = the horned God. Christianity picked that ball up and threw it down the wrong alleyway.

That's where a lot of the misconceptions come from.

Worship of nature and a pantheon or two deities was around a LOT longer than Christianity ever was/is. Christianity was actually an off-shoot of Judaism and started out as a cult. Odd, isn't it?

But as I stated previously - the only quarrel witches have with Christianity is the overpowering belief that their way is the only way. Same with Jews, Muslims, etc.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Yeah, I got pretty flamed for writing about this earlier.

Nearly every major christian holiday is derived from another preceding religion.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

That is your own personal experience.

The members in a coven are usually encouraged to go sky-clad (mostly through modeling, peer pressure, and written information suggesting that it's "optional" or "customary") - especially the young females.

In belly dance class, the women are also encourage to dance topless, which I find to be kinda weird.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by vcwxvwligen]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

That is your own personal experience.

The members in a coven are usually encouraged to go sky-clad (mostly through modeling, peer pressure, and written information suggesting that it's "optional" or "customary") - especially the young females.

In belly dance class, the women are also encourage to dance topless, which I find to be kinda weird.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by vcwxvwligen]

So wait, you write that the previous poster is in the norm as this is only their own personal experience, yet you claim YOUR personal experience is what usually happens?

Hypocrite, much?

Truth be told, there is no "usually" when speaking of wicca. Nice try though.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Whoa! I never said "No witches go sky-clad!" I said, "I don't go sky-clad."

Saying we all do is a generalization.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

Oh this is hilarious. You do realize that witchcraft preceded christianity by thousands of years...right? No, really. You honestly cannot believe this stuff. seems like nothing but flaming to me......

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying that nobody who practices Wicca could ever be oppositional towards Christianity because it's older, or are you saying from personal experience that your family lineage has practiced Wicca for 1000's of years?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I agree with this. I also think that God is the living spirit of the universe, where the whole may be considered greater than the sum of all the parts, and in fact, is at cause in their creation or manifestation, that God is infinite love, infinite intelligence, and embued with a perfect will. I also think that the human being is a byproduct of this creative process and may even represent it's apex. I honour the cycles of the creative process, and consider myself a cocreator within it, capable of harnessing and directing energy, and significantly impacting the people and the world around me, for good or for ill, even with every thought that I have, or that I choose to have and hold. I see nature as God's creation, and I can see that it is good.

Does this make me a witch? Hardly. I would never call myself a witch, what the heck for? I am what I am as God created me, and I know that I am an expression of the Godhead, and this is even scientifically founded, with reason and logic. I am extraordinarily powerful in fact, and can make manifest the things that I focus on, and with practice can direct energies in different ways.

But I would never call myself a witch, that would be absurd.

P.S. What the heck is "sky-clad"? Is that naked? If so, I must admit to having gone skyclad on more than a few occasions.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by OmegaPoint]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join