It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did this woman, become a saint? Ridiculous.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Mother Teresa, John Paul II, and the Fast-Track Saints

This article sums up what ive always thought about saint-hood, especially MT.

Teresa emitted a continual flow of promotional misinformation about herself. She claimed that her mission in Calcutta fed over a thousand people daily

I think her own journals are the most telling.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Beneath contempt you are. Slander of a person who by the way is NOT a saint yet is dispicable and the trolling you perpetrate here is gutter.

Good bye.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by SLAYER69
As far as Mother Teresa goes this thread sounds like a cheap witch hunt. Where a bunch of bashers who probably never have lifted a finger to help someone less fortunate than themselves simply get off bashing somebody who at least was working with the less fortunate.

Pardon?
Working with the less fortunate?

She MADE the less fortunate SUFFER !
No painkillers, blunt needles, crap food.
Deliberately.
Because she thougt suffering was good for people!

The thing is I could care less if somebody decided after she died and which she had nothing to do with calls her a saint. As far as all the money she collected. [Excuse me] I mean all the money that was sent to the Church. Sorry I got caught up with the rhetoric myself.

She stole from the poor and gave to the rich.

I would ask the church where it went and how it was distributed if in fact it ever was. Blunt needles? Yeah well have any of you ever been to the poorest sections of India during those periods? Remember this is the India of the 70s and 80s not the Present day India. There was no health care for the poor and homeless. So as far as I'm concerned they did a great job with what they had before the "Money" started rolling in.

Rubbish.
She had MILLIONS of dollars to spend.
She spent almost nothing on her inmates.

But when SHE need health care - she went to a very expensive Swiss clinic.

I reread some of what the people who bash her have written. I'm not of her faith but I can tell you this Good/Bad/Indifferent She did a HELL of lot more for the less fortunate than any of you that's for DAMN sure.

In reality -
she caused more SUFFERING for the less fortunate than any of us.

Are you proud of her for that?

There I'm finish don't waste your time waiting for me respond to your responses to this reply. IT simply wont matter.

Riiight.

You've preached your faithful beliefs, and so from now on you will just ignore the facts that show you wrong.

Gotcha.

K.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Kapyong]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapyong
Gotcha.

You got nothing except opinionated regurgitation of drivel.
If you want to be taken seriously lets see some real unbiased sources for your unproven claims otherwise it's just hearsay and opinions.

Thanks.

PEACE

Slay

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Hitchens performed for the church as a counter attacker for why she should not be proclaimed a saint, which he 'gladly' took up.

And what a job the guy did, in all fairness Hitchens doesn't take prisoners.

Interestingly his brother Peter is also a writer and a religious apologist, kind of weird watching them debate each other.

I kind of felt sorry for Mother Theresa, it is quite obvious that she was indoctrinated at an early age but more or less admitted at the end of her life, that her belief was but a sham.

It's kind of sad that people live their lives believing something without ever receiving any evidence of its' reality .
I wonder how many xtians are deep down very disappointing that, jesusgod has not actually said anything to them let alone appeared to them and perhaps denying themselves opportunities of real happiness .

Seems like mother T, practiced "Fake it till you make it"up until death promised to release her from the wrath of the church should she tell the truth.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by phi1618
She was big in India.

Roman Catholic nun with Indian citizenship[4] who founded the Missionaries of Charity in Kolkata (Calcutta), India in 1950. For over 45 years she ministered to the poor, sick, orphaned, and dying, while guiding the Missionaries of Charity's expansion, first throughout India and then in other countries.

wiki
[edit on 7-8-2009 by phi1618]

What bollocks.

She ran :

* a HOSPICE in India where dieing people could be kept and made to suffer until they die. In HER words she said many times that suffering is good for the soul. So she made dieing people SUFFER deliberately.

* Convents around the world who were expected to take money from their poor and send it her. She expected her staff to work for nothing and expect free food and work from their towns.

She did NOT run hospitals for the poor, she did not look after the poor, she TOOK from the poor and gave to the rich Vatican.)

She MADE many people SUFFER physical and emotional pain deliberately.

She was an evil witch.

K.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

Strong rhetoric requires strong proof. Where is yours? Beyond biased judgement calls from a tainted view?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Gday,

Have you done as much as she has for the poor, homeless, sick and aged?
Even a "Moral" person would have to agree she has done way more good than harm. Even while being used as a "Tool".

Mate.
You have no idea what Mother Teresa actually did!
You have just believed every word of the LEGEND.

She did not help the poor - she TOOK money from the poor and needy to send to one of the richest organisations on the planet.

She accepted money from crooks who had stolen from the needy, then refused to give it back (Keating the con-man.)

Her hospice in India REFUSED to help poor people when they were called upon to do so.

She didn't help the sick at all - she did NOT run any hospitals for the sick - she kept DIEING people locked up to SUFFER deliberately, while REFUSING them painkillers and fresh needles and modern medicine.

She was the ONLY public figure to support the evil dictator Papa Doc Duvalier.

She deliberately made people SUFFER pain.

She was a sick and twisted evil witch.

K.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Kapyong]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
khkkh

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

Once again sir or ma'am, proof? Beyond the rhetoric I mean.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Gday,

You got nothing except opinionated regurgitation of drivel.
If you want to be taken seriously lets see some real unbiased sources for your unproven claims otherwise it's just hearsay and opinions.
Thanks.
PEACE
Slay

Um, you've ALREADY said you will ignore any responses!

Were you lieing?

K.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

She did NOT run hospitals for the poor, she did not look after the poor, she TOOK from the poor and gave to the rich Vatican.)

Well if they were poor then how the hell did she take anything from them? I mean as you stated they were poor? A side note not that you would care but India has a cast system. Maybe you have heard about this?
Maybe not forget it.

She MADE many people SUFFER physical and emotional pain deliberately.

She was an evil witch.

Yeah she forced people in off the street instead of allowing them to go to the state of the art Indian Hospitals of that period.

Side note: I'll take her type of witch craft over some Self proclaimed judge who sit at keyboards with nothing better to do than slamming somebody who actually did something with the underclasses.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Mate.
You have no idea what Mother Teresa actually did!
You have just believed every word of the LEGEND.

OK lets try this since you know so much about me.
How many children do I have and how old are they and what was my mothers maiden name?

Yeah I thought so....

Back on topic please.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Slandering Mother Theresa?

I cant imagine the desperate boredom someone must be in to create a thread like this.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Evidence abounds for anyone who cars to read :

www.newstatesman.com...

www.edwardtbabinski.us...

www.secularhumanism.org...

www.daylightatheism.org...

Seriously SLAYER, you have been misinformed.

Many of us HAVE read the articles, books, interviews and found the facts very bad indeed.

I suggest you go READ them too.

Then come back and argue.

K.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

Each biased sites with a vested interest in saying what they are saying. To use SLAYER's terminology: Fail.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

You send me to an Atheist site, Blogs and a christian fundamentalist sites as your proof?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

What part of "unbiased" didn't you get?

[edit on 7-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

Do you have any proof what you said Mother Teresa actually did?

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Sad thing is it's isn't boredom. It's continued fire in furtherance of a silly war of beliefs. That is especially bad since any sense of decency and objectivity has been thrown out the window in the quest to somehow make their belief system seem better than the others by slandering a person that is widely considered to have done great good in the world in the name of her religion. Which is supposed to be a demonized *source of all evil, not the mankind that does the acts* word from where they are sitting.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Slandering Mother Theresa?

I cant imagine the desperate boredom someone must be in to create a thread like this.

Ouch mod brutality!

Any public figure is fair game. Fair game.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join